• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah; don't take it.

If you do take it, set aside X amount of hours to study per day, where X is 1 + Y, where Y is a number created by a steady incline in numerical value that is in direct correlation to the grade you want to achieve (i.e., F= 0, D=1, C=2, B=3, A=4), meaning if you want an A study 5 hours a day. You also want Z hours of "break time" during your study session, where Z is 5 times X (X=1+Y) + 5, meaning you'd get 30minutes of "break time" that would be split among your 5 hours used only for relaxation.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey.

Tell me ... have you ever sung the Song of Blood?
What magic card is that from?

:)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You are lucky I have pics in my sig, Chozen, otherwises that would be sigged.

Also ROB mains... did you know? If someone is on the ledge you can short hop dair above teh stage and dair, and if they stand up or roll and get hit, it spikes them even though they are above the stage!

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
lol Magic..

YuGiOh is a better game.
Eh I've played both. Magic beats Yugioh by a long shot.

Also ROB mains... did you know? If someone is on the ledge you can short hop dair above teh stage and dair, and if they stand up or roll and get hit, it spikes them even though they are above the stage!
so wait when they roll while you do a shorthopped dair near they ledge they get spiked?

that my friend is a glitch.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If someone grabs the ledge and they wait, they lose their invulnerability frames. Then, when they try to roll or stand up... if they are still in the animation when they get hit they basically teleport. It is similar to hitting MK out of his up+b and him seeming to "pop" back to the starting spot.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
tried it last night in tourney and it didn't work. I speculate that I did this a tad too late as the DK was already rolling on the stage. but it was still mad close to the edge >_>

that said..I DID spike him out of upB twice, but only with wavebounce-upB, hover hover hover dair. if you see them [in the magnifying glass off the stage] start to go low while you hover, you can up bair toward the edge to grab it and still have your invulnerability frames by the time he gets to the edge. [the two spikes and the edgehog = all 3 of his stocks that match ^_^]

noodles

Smash Champion
id critique but im bad at that.

seeing as theres 2 good zss's close to me, what do i do vs zss???

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Not really a question but i always lose to this one MK as pit butvalways win with R.O.B xD Is it just my mad skillz or is he that good xD. It might also be how my play style changes (more patience with R.O.B more techs with pit)

noodles

Smash Champion
one of pits bad match ups is mk i think. of course mk is suppose to be a bad match up for ROB too, but i hear mixed things. and i mean rob is also amazing

Frames

DI
Yeah; don't take it.

If you do take it, set aside X amount of hours to study per day, where X is 1 + Y, where Y is a number created by a steady incline in numerical value that is in direct correlation to the grade you want to achieve (i.e., F= 0, D=1, C=2, B=3, A=4), meaning if you want an A study 5 hours a day. You also want Z hours of "break time" during your study session, where Z is 5 times X (X=1+Y) + 5, meaning you'd get 30minutes of "break time" that would be split among your 5 hours used only for relaxation.
So, since X is 1+Y, that means that organic chem is so hard that you HAVE to study for 1 hour a day if you want an F, you can't just not show up, you actually have to work for it LOL

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So, since X is 1+Y, that means that organic chem is so hard that you HAVE to study for 1 hour a day if you want an F, you can't just not show up, you actually have to work for it LOL
The equation was created assuming you want a D at least.

zzz99

Smash Apprentice
i'm having just a tad bit of trouble against metaknights :\
my friend who plays him (well, isn't a spammer) is very good at dodging my lasers/gyros (he can even pick up the gyros without much trouble)
any tips like out-prioritizing attacks and such?

~AceR~

Smash Cadet
I have this guy I want to kill. He uses Falco and he is a very good player.

I can hold my own against him. The only thing he really has on me are his lazers. The way he uses them is like an impassable wall. If I so much as try to Roll through them, or jump over them, he'll answer with some sort of combo or counterattack. Then if he grabs me, he'll chain me to a very high percentage and just finish me off. Help?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I have this guy I want to kill. He uses Falco and he is a very good player.

I can hold my own against him. The only thing he really has on me are his lazers. The way he uses them is like an impassable wall. If I so much as try to Roll through them, or jump over them, he'll answer with some sort of combo or counterattack. Then if he grabs me, he'll chain me to a very high percentage and just finish me off. Help?
Grab ledge. Wait. GG Falco.

toasty

Smash Hero
just make sure you mix things up so no one can call you for stalling.

Also wait til he starts the laser camp/wall before you go to the ledge so you can use that as your defense if someone wants to be an a.sshole and call stalling.

oh and get really good at powershielding. But don't even approach him. Just stand there and frustrate him.

Eventually he'll just stand there and do lasers [which are harder to powershield after getting the timing for blocking the SH lasers] so you can get a free gyro or laser...but yeah, just wear him down mentally.

noodles

Smash Champion
so ledge guarding against ike isnt hard if your both outside the stage, and hes up bing to recover shoot a gyro at him. itll get bounced around by his recovery and usually ending with a stage spike (depends on percantage) altogether hes really easy to gimp anyways. but this helps me fux with people

Sudai

Stuff here
Noodles, you don't even need to leave the ****ed stage. Any time he starts to charge quickdraw, laser and force him to up b. When he gets below the stage, start charging the gyro and do what you said. Any amount of charge will knock him out of it. If he's low enough to not die from it, it gets a bit harder from there, but you can snipe him out of the very top of his up-b with the laser, then by that time, you get the gyro back. It's -way- too easy to gimp Ike. My highlights vid has two clips of gimping Ike when most people would say he's pretty safe.. I was just like "no *****es, I'm ROB! It's too easy! > : O"

toasty

Smash Hero
my favorite was airdodging over the spinning blade and wavebounce-reverse-gyro cancel to grab the ledge ^_^

that and running off with gyro in hand right as he starts upB, I jump, throw the gyro at the stage, and start my dair...gyro bounces off stage, hits Ike into my dair =D

easier/less-flashy gimps make me kinda sad :( [except in tourney, of course]

Sudai

Stuff here
Haha, yeah. Flashy gimps are the only ones I go for in tournies any more. Only time I use the easy ones/did use the easy ones was when I was trying to figure them out and get them down to a science so I could use them in tournies. It's all about FAiring or Gyroing them into the stage to get DAir spiked now though. XD

toasty

Smash Hero
This is fun on levels like Yoshi's or that one side of Frigate where the wall of the stage is straight vertical up to the ledge:
when off screen [I use this against Marth since he's most versatile as an edgeguarder while hanging on the ledge and waiting], if I have a charged laser or gyro, I'll shoot at the ledge [since it's offscreen he can't quite see the telegraphed laser], it'll knock him against the wall quite horizontally toward you...after the laser just immediately begin nair or bair [depends on Marth's damage...use bair for added flash at really high damage, but use nair for guaranteed KO if you need it]

One way to get past the stale predictable ROB style is to be flashy as hell ^_^

Glide-toss down into usmash is unbelievably gratifying. wish it happened more than once :(

i still need to do glide-toss into aerials >_>

I also need to fux more with auto-cancel nairs...I remember doing that on like Day 3 of my ROB life...and then after my first tourney I never did it again :( if you start a nair as you land, you'll start flipping, but land immediately with no lag and you can jab someone before you get grabbed...also if the nair ends RIGHT as you land you can do anything. It's a good way to fux with people trying to punish you. You can probably dsmash / dtilt instead of jab, that's just what I'm used to doing.

Great against chars who rely heavily on grabs. May vary in effectiveness depending on the opponent's grab speed. Don't abuse it too much.

@Plank: haha awww...meanie XD. Despite the initial pretension of the thread title, he delivers, so we don't give him **** for it ^_^

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hey, when the worst you can say you've ever gotten is 9th in a tournament where every matchup was against Metaknight and you still left with $80 you can't be doing too bad.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Hey, when the worst you can say you've ever gotten is 9th in a tournament where every matchup was against Metaknight and you still left with $80 you can't be doing too bad.
Yeah I guess that's not bad. Although by my standards ever getting anything below 1st in a midwest tournament is disgraceful ^^

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah I guess that's not bad. Although by my standards ever getting anything below 1st in a midwest tournament is disgraceful ^^
Says the man who hasn't played in the MW except for FC where he did not get first :p

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
well we'll see, i'm going to a big WC tournament with the player who won the big MW tournament

that...kinda counts? XD

Overswarm

is laughing at you
rofl I want to see what happens when Plank goes to a big MW tourney. no clue as to what would happen, I'm just curious ^_^
He'd probably get beaten by Anther and Joel. Possibly Bloodhawk, because he's a sniper.

Top Bottom