• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

chckn

Smash Ace
Also, they just made ps2 as a pretty solid cp in FL. No one really plays it and it SEEMS like an okay stage for ROB. Is it worth cping against anyone, or should I be banning it? lol

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It's meh. Not good or bad. Just another stage. There are some tricksies, like throwing a gyro out whenever you want on the conveyor stage since it falls off the edge and you get it back anyway or simply jumping out and lasering all day on the wind form... but it's just a meh stage. Not good or bad, really.

the Lexx

Smash Apprentice
I just hope the "secret rob room" won't make the main board less active. =[ Shame there aren't more rob players.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The secret ROB room is for one thing and one thing only. Plus, it's already made and we're still posting here. :p

Overswarm

is laughing at you
WTF chckn. We could have played. :(

I live there as of like... August 25th or something like that.

chckn

Smash Ace
WTF chckn. We could have played. :(

I live there as of like... August 25th or something like that.
Yeah, I was just up for my cousins wedding, I posted a thread on Midwest but no one responded :[, lol you really gotta get down to south florida sometime though. Competitive *** **** down here. On saturday NOJ dropped out of singles just b/c he didnt want to deal with the snakes lol.

DonTe

Smash Cadet

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
serious **** right here, getting off the ledge against a good snake is almost impossible with ROB. I was playing Afro Thundah on Yoshis I think and it was literally impossible. I got him last stock, but I just took so much ****ing percent trying to get up off the ledge. I roll up and get grabbed. fair and get powershielded to ftilt. Come up high and get hit with nair. I know the whole throw a gyro to the other end and recover there theory, but on stages like yoshis and the ps's thats impossible. On top of that if youre low on fuel its extremely difficult to do. I need answers from someone with experience against GOOD snakes. OS, toasty, knacker, Jceas, sudai, anyone lol. Im desperate :[
If you can lure them close to the edge, with lasers or mindgames or whatever, come up with a ledgehopped uair. I've been doing this a lot recently, any time a character stands too close to the edge. It's pretty safe and it tends to shield-poke. Even better, drop off, start an up-B, and uair through them while boosting. That way you won't have to deal with landing lag if it doesn't shield-poke.

JJR.O.B.

Smash Ace
A bit off-topic, but not totally unrelated. EVO2k8 happened this weekend. Results?

http://www.getyourtournament.com/2008/08/hoang-finishes-second-at-evo.html

A (random?) R.O.B. wins EVO2k8, after beating Ken. This CPU person is 14 years old.
Hmm, anyone know who he is, or is he really a random? Anyways, grats to this R.O.B. buddy :)
Even though the tournament had items in play
^^from that website

What Items were on. I dont count that as a tournament

chckn

Smash Ace
If you can lure them close to the edge, with lasers or mindgames or whatever, come up with a ledgehopped uair. I've been doing this a lot recently, any time a character stands too close to the edge. It's pretty safe and it tends to shield-poke. Even better, drop off, start an up-B, and uair through them while boosting. That way you won't have to deal with landing lag if it doesn't shield-poke.
Thats the problem, good snakes won't sit right on the edge. grab/nair range is good enough that they can sit pretty far back and bait you. Ill probably be playing him again this weekend so Ill work on that and then get back to you guys.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah, I mean you gotta be careful about it. If Snake is spaced perfectly there's really nothing you can do except try to fool him.

Sudai

Stuff here
If they're spaced to F/UTilt if you jump to do lasers or Gyros, you can always ledge hop away from the ledge and do them. You have to waste a bit of fuel to get back to the ledge, but it might be worth it. They can still powershield though so iunno.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you are really desperate and have the fuel, just go over them with your up+b and land on the stage.

null55

Smash Master
The secret ROB room is for one thing and one thing only. Plus, it's already made and we're still posting here. :p
I should be invited because I'm the most colorful troll on the R.O.B. boards. :bee:

-__- ... Shouldn't most R.O.B. mains be invited to at least see what's going down... ?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
You need to understand that this backroom is for tournament players. Just do well in a tourney, and then maybe you can get in.WHY ARE ALL THE TOURNAMENTS LIKE A MONTH AWAY!?!

EDIT: There's also the whole "contributed to ROB's metagame. I kinda left that out...

I need to stop posting about this.

Sudai

Stuff here
Easy gimps vs Wario made even easier. Save your Gyro till he uses his bike to recover. Shoot at at the bike. Not anything big or new or anything, but if it hits the bike at all, it bounces perfectly to hit Wario. Iunno, just super easy aiming ftw. Wanted to share. : x

Guilliam

Smash Rookie
Mr R.O.B, Mr R.O.B, is playing campy the more effective way to play with this character? I do love ROB but camping isn't so much my style.

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Well, I can't speak for OS. He's working out some new philosophy for ROB that's better than what we've got. So far, though, camping is a huge part of ROB's game. It's not absolutely necessary - see maxxxpower vs. DSF - but it is a huge part of ROB's game, especially against certain characters (DDD).

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Squirtle is the worst of the 3 pokémon. He is the most static, easiest to avoid, and can't do anything when you're on the ledge. That means you can wait 2 minutes on the ledge and he's at half power.

noodles

Smash Champion
squirtle is definatly not the worst. if anything charizard is the best ivysaur worst

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah I have to agree with Noodles. Ivysaur's got a nice moveset but his recovery is the worst in the game, bar none. His up-B doesn't even give him a little boost like Olimar's. It's not unusual to kill Ivysaur below 50% if you just stay near the edge.

Plus Squirtle is pretty amazing in the air and has some interesting trixies like hydroplaning.

Oh well, ROB ***** them all so who cares?

Top Bottom