• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

R.O.B.O.T.

Smash Cadet
ROB can easily outcamp sonic. Let him come to you, and when he does, deal with him with a series of fairs or a nair. If you must approach him, you want to make sure you glide toss the best you can so you can approach him better
That is the problem. He can easily aproach me by charging that ball attack stopping it before I can shield grab and capitalize on the grab lag. And if I go to the air, he just uses that up air or back air. After that he usually uses that guidance attack that hits even though I spot dodge.

JJR.O.B.

Smash Ace
ROB can easily outcamp sonic. Let him come to you, and when he does, deal with him with a series of fairs or a nair. If you must approach him, you want to make sure you glide toss the best you can so you can approach him better
and after the glide toss follow up with a grab or a smash but i usually grab because it sets up for more combos

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Sonic? Just f-tilt or d-tilt out of any of his approaches. Once he's in the air, hit him with nair or fair. GG.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I think Os answered a similar question backin the olden days of this thread. "We will not tell you how to beat us " or somthing like that.

10kanackers
I think this extends to how we beat you as well. If a ROB main had asked, then it may have been a different story...

Pretty much anything that would not benefit ROB in the long run is not going to be answered. Maybe you should ask in the Peach forums.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
guys guys GUYS.

Something interesting thta needs a bit more research:

When you shield on a platform and get hit, you fall off and are stunned, unable to tech the hit on the ground. This is bad. We use this to get f-smashes on people that shield our u-smashes, but it is bad when it happens to us.

Potentially new discovery.

Shield on the platform, get hit off, do a back-air. Sometimes I haven o stun while in the air, while other times I cannot do an aerial. I have yet to discover when I can or cannot do it... but if we could do this consistently it'd remove one of ROB's main weaknesses: platforms. You could land and simple shield until you fall off, and then bair them in the face.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
the other cool thing I do with this is jump [if they were standing on the platform and knocked you off because you shielded] back at them with a bair

something I mentioned ages ago when I was just a random kid here:

If you're jumping through a platform or whatever and you fair them [they're standing on it] they shield, fall off, your forward momentum lands you right where they're falling and you get a free usmash if you do it instantly

Sudai

Stuff here
It's not a specific timing or anything. Every time I've been knocked off the platform and tried to react fast enough, I could get an attack off. You just have to react in time.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
guys guys GUYS.

Something interesting thta needs a bit more research:

When you shield on a platform and get hit, you fall off and are stunned, unable to tech the hit on the ground. This is bad. We use this to get f-smashes on people that shield our u-smashes, but it is bad when it happens to us.

Potentially new discovery.

Shield on the platform, get hit off, do a back-air. Sometimes I haven o stun while in the air, while other times I cannot do an aerial. I have yet to discover when I can or cannot do it... but if we could do this consistently it'd remove one of ROB's main weaknesses: platforms. You could land and simple shield until you fall off, and then bair them in the face.
I think it depends on if you powershielded or not. It sounds like the only variable to me...

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm going to try this tonight when i get to play for my one time this wk. It might have to do with directional sheilding. Kinda like the edgeguard against Marth in Melee where you'd roll to the edge and directional sheild down and right/left to fall to the edge when he hit you with his up-b.

Bug~

Smash Ace
against snake..should we just laser alot and gyro..play defensively? cause i dont know how snake plans on approaching if we keep spitting projectiles at him.

Sudai

Stuff here
against snake..should we just laser alot and gyro..play defensively? cause i dont know how snake plans on approaching if we keep spitting projectiles at him.
That's the general idea. Also, if you hit his nade with a gyro or laser, it blows up. So, if they try to shield drop the nade, just blow it up.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
is there a way to DI a back air good so it actually hits ur opponent or does that move only work if ran into it

Sudai

Stuff here
sooo what way do u guys di out of gaws bair?
Up and away followed by a FAir or a NAir to punish, depending on when I broke out. I actually let myself get hit by it more often than not now as I can SDI it fast enough so that the GAW always takes more damage than me. It's awesome. XD

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm reinventing ROB. Expect a lot of new information in the ROB guide and/or in videos in about two weeks.

RATED

Smash Lord
hi everyone in this thread and in ROB forum, I am a MK and snake mainer but now I have been using ROB since 2 weeks and I am very interested in ROB , now I need help with mixups. can anyone give any? or starting attack frames?

PS: if anyone have problems understanding my english is bcuz , my main language is spanish , but if u like to ask something just pm me.

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
For Dittos, only use your nair when another ROB is above you. and yout fair and Uair are you best arials here. spot dodge alot and only use projectiles from the air (unless gyro, use when opponent is recovering)
k I'll keep that in mind, thanks

Top Bottom