• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
um should i camp more against diddy or should i be more offensive?
Camp with lasers and gyros until you have an opportunity to grab a banana, then throw it straight up. Then just rush in and wreck that chimp's face off. Try to keep his bananas thrown straight up; this is really easy to do via glide toss (make sure not to run into another banana). As long as you throw it straight up, he can only have one banana out and there are very few, if any, reliable single banana combos.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
Camp with lasers and gyros until you have an opportunity to grab a banana, then throw it straight up. Then just rush in and wreck that chimp's face off. Try to keep his bananas thrown straight up; this is really easy to do via glide toss (make sure not to run into another banana). As long as you throw it straight up, he can only have one banana out and there are very few, if any, reliable single banana combos.

OOH!!! so thats why i've been losing to diddys XD. throw up ok got it.

before you said that, i was using wario, and eating bananas until my opponent got mad. XD

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I usually just use their nanas against them with a lot of glidetossing til I can land a throw off the stage and they die because Diddy blows at recovering.

Worked agaisnt NinjaLink well enough anyway.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
Lol theres a friend of mine (diddy main) that's trying to main ROB rofl XD. I keep telling him Glide tossing would help his approach but eh thinks it's just as bad as it was with Diddy (wich sucks).

Diddy can be countered easely with agresive ness. the jsut lkie to snad around until your in "banana range" so if you can space your self until they get ****ed off, tehy'll cmoe after you and yuo ca combo them to hell.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I usually just use their nanas against them with a lot of glidetossing til I can land a throw off the stage and they die because Diddy blows at recovering.

Worked agaisnt NinjaLink well enough anyway.
how recently did it work against NL? I think he's developed a defense against having his own bananas used against him. he was absolutely terrifying when I played against him in friendlies at CH3 :(

vip0911

Smash Cadet
Sorry if this was already addressed, but how do you get the longest distance out of a glide toss? I read somewhere that the later you start the glide toss the farther you go, but my glides have been mostly random when I try.

I'mThinkingArby's

Smash Rookie
I play against a Fox that gives me all kinds of trouble. He reflects my projectiles, bests me in close quarters combat, and exploits ROB's greatest weakness, the area below him. When I get juggled, I am struggling to get out. Should I try to use my up b to go around him and make it to a ledge, or should I neutral air? How do I get out of a Fox juggle? I manage to gimp recovery probably once or twice a match against him, but it isn't enough to win it all. How can I beat Fox?

TeeVee

Smash Lord
gyro mindgames / airdodge the juggling / edge guard / spaced short hop nair - tilts = gg fox

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I play against a Fox that gives me all kinds of trouble. He reflects my projectiles, bests me in close quarters combat, and exploits ROB's greatest weakness, the area below him. When I get juggled, I am struggling to get out. Should I try to use my up b to go around him and make it to a ledge, or should I neutral air? How do I get out of a Fox juggle? I manage to gimp recovery probably once or twice a match against him, but it isn't enough to win it all. How can I beat Fox?
You should be able to just DI one direction and air dodge through his obvious double jump u-air and then land. You could always try to over-b to mess him up a bit... but if you're getting destroyed, grab the ledge.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The best way to take home money consistently is to find a good doubles partner and stick with him. I've been winning almost all my money from singles, getting practically random top 3 placements in teams (I'm not the best teammate in the world, admittedly) ... but if I had a good teammate and just stuck with that one person? I'd have an almost guaranteed victory... lots of people pose problems in singles, but few teams ever do.

Sudai

Stuff here
The best way to take home money consistently is to find a good doubles partner and stick with him. I've been winning almost all my money from singles, getting practically random top 3 placements in teams (I'm not the best teammate in the world, admittedly) ... but if I had a good teammate and just stuck with that one person? I'd have an almost guaranteed victory... lots of people pose problems in singles, but few teams ever do.
Yeah. We're finally starting up a doubles tournament for Brawl here. The past few tournies we did pools for better seeding so no time for doubles. Now we have a good idea of the top 8 players so no need for pools to seed. I'm not the best teams player, but I'm pretty good. Me and my old Melee partner (happens to be best in the state at brawl too? lawl) are teaming. It should be too easy.

Sudai

Stuff here
Me and Lee are teaming now. He was my primary team mate back in the later days of Melee when him and Cyphus stopped teaming because they felt it was unfair.

Sky`

Smash Lord
So...
If a Peach player were to play against you... Which level would you totally not want to see them pick?
>_<
How badly worded, Let me try again.

What's a good level for a Peach to pick to maybe Counter R.O.B?

And down to.

What level "Counters" R.O.B?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
People answer questions with answers I myself would give. Our circuits truly are soldered to one another.

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
How do you deal with that little blue ****, Sonic?
ROB can easily outcamp sonic. Let him come to you, and when he does, deal with him with a series of fairs or a nair. If you must approach him, you want to make sure you glide toss the best you can so you can approach him better

Top Bottom