• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

Sudai

Stuff here
Kill him ASAP? I mean, that applies for everyone, but definitely Lucario.

Do -NOT- approach him from below and beware of the ****ed range of any of his aura moves. It beats your range more often than not. His up-b is super easy to gimp as it has a start-up delay and lacks a hitbox of -any- kind.

Can't really give more than that though.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
save your KO moves to get lower damage kills!

the ftilt approach I use is what I do for Marth as well...walk toward them, slow turn around, slow turn around again [like a really really slow dash dance haha] and do this just outside of their range...sneak in an ftilt. the next time, they'll expect something, so just wait for them to try something and then capitalize

JJR.O.B.

Smash Ace
dthrow definitely

You can follow it up with a uair almost every time and the knockback doesnt change very much no matter how high in percent your enemy is

the uthrow can be used as a kill move at around 120%

Sudai

Stuff here
TechnoMonster said:
Anyone know any good grab setups? Is u-throw or d-throw better for combos?
DTilt > Grab
Jab > Grab (This works well if they're already slightly in the air)
Ledge Hop > FAir > BAir > Grab (Only works at really low percents. I'm not quite sure on the percents, but I know anywhere below 20% this works. After 20% I always go for a tilt/smash.)
Anything that leads to DTilt > DTilt > Grab

As for throws:

UThrow until 30%.
DThrow has less knockback after that, though and it's better to save the UThrow to KO anyway.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
the uthrow can be used as a kill move at around 120%
I'm pretty sure no member of the cast dies from u-throw until 150% at the earliest if it's fresh. That's with proper DI, so the poeple you play with must play light chars and not be able to DI at all.

toasty

Smash Hero
yeah don't bother trying upthrow KOs on heavy chars like Snake/DDD unless they're like....220? 250? something ridiculous like that :(

dthrow to uair isn't good against Falco because he can throw out a dair very quickly and it WILL take priority. you CAN bait the dair and then capitalize on his attack lag, however.

toasty

Smash Hero
not quite...but if you post in the video thread, people may or may not comment. sorry that isn't much of a help but it's the best I got >_>

if you have anything in the vids that show something you may have trouble with...then you can post the link in that thread and say "I need help with ____" or "what am I doing wrong?"

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
I was saying people need to read the thread (this one ). Because unlike other character forums we have our sweet knowledge nectar jam packed to the brim in one epic thread for people to read untill they are bursting with rob knowledge.

10knackers

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
I need help with Edgeguadin (geting past it). If someone chases me off the ledge or is trying to gimp me I can get them, but once I'm on the ledge and Bowser is a few feet away, using his fire, I can't get up there.

If I use my Up b, I'll have to navigate around the whole thing and I'll run out of fule. And even if I grab onto the ledge I wont refill my burner.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
the he precedes with a Dtilt. Still not as effective, but he can hit me easily.

wich should I do?

Ledge hop (no invincibility frames)
jump (have to time it good. I think this is the best choice.
Roll (I know this never works, His reach is too good)
ledge attck (risky)

R.O.B.O.T.

Smash Cadet
Even then, there have been instances where people have DI'ed straight through the fire and pulled off an attack. It has happened when I played Bowser.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Don't DI into anything unless you know what you are doing.

I know you can DI through Bowser's firebreath a certain way and then f-smash him out of it. Difficult to explain how I do it though, since I don't really know, I just do.

Top Bottom