• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

sam388

Smash Rookie
Overswarm, I think I've read somewhere that you once tried the claw grip in a few melee matches a while back. Have you tried clawing in Brawl? If so, have you found any advantages in it over the normal grip? (The only one I've noticed is that it makes JC a lot easier.)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm, I think I've read somewhere that you once tried the claw grip in a few melee matches a while back. Have you tried clawing in Brawl? If so, have you found any advantages in it over the normal grip? (The only one I've noticed is that it makes JC a lot easier.)
I claw every once in a while when I do d-throw to u-air. It allows you to DI whichever direction you want when starting your u-air.

It's not really necessary in Brawl though.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
This thread was more fun when it wasn't a Marth vs ROB debate.
I don't. Before most of it was silly spam. I'm actually glad that a lot of debate was sparked, as OS's idea of using the gyro for sexy gimping is something I'm going to work on now. I was actually getting a frustrated with the thread due to it getting so off topic and what not.

noodles

Smash Champion
overswarm posted i vid once of him bairing with ROB keeping the backwords momentem, anyone know how to do this?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Who are you, puny one that lacks purple in his name?

*blows you back with my aura

Anyway, I'm done here. I already know how NEO and Meep placed.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I didn't expect DSF to get first. To win an OOS tournament outside of your hometown, you have to be a significant step above their elite in order to claim first. Home field advantage is too real. Some players were better than DSF. He was also dealing with the oos disadvantage, but he still did **** well. He lost to 2nd and 3rd place, and was the highest placing snake there.

Where the robs at?

I also heard ajax beat chu,

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Now you can win tournaments out-of-shield? Man, you really can do everything OOS in Brawl.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Who are you, puny one that lacks purple in his name?

*blows you back with my aura

Anyway, I'm done here. I already know how NEO and Meep placed.
Yeah, you gotta stop that. Purple can be removed, feet can be placed in mouths, and crow can be eaten.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Yeah, you need to lighten up.

OS you of all people shouldn't be calling anyone out for acting arrogant.

At least I'm only acting right?

;)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Hmmm.

Well, now..I'm bored again.

I think I'll go back to my kingdo...err the Marth boards.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
****** an eyebrow and then squints eyes.

We will meet again Overswarm.

And then.....YOUR DOMAIN WILL BE MINE!!!!!!!

*Teleports out of thread.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm, how do you as a player apply glide-tossing. I've been experimenting with it, and just wondering how you use it.
I glide toss to forward smash more often than not. I generally also use simply holding the gyro for an edge; I can spam lasers and they are generally apprehensive about approaching me since I can glide toss into them if they start running. I often get a free laser or two off before I glide toss.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
unless they are spacies/pit >_<, then glide toss up and grab?
If they are commonly attempting to reflect, I generally glide toss down and grab (the bounce isn't as high). Glide toss up can also work, but it depends on what's going on. Just a preference thing mostly.

Top Bottom