• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

Jekyll

Smash Ace
...You're gonna break my bank sir...

Make it best of 5 and you've got it.

I hope you're prepared to accept 1,000 pennies, good sir.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah that one time we...wait, when did we play again? Online? "lol online" is my response to that. Aero Port Town? "lol aero port town" is my response to that.
I believe "loses to me" still applies.

HEYO!

DonTe

Smash Cadet
This honestly makes no sense at all -_-. Why would you utilt when you someone is already on the ground HOPING that they are ignorant of ROB and relying on them dropping there shield allowing you to hit with the second hit? You're "psuedo jab-lock" makes absolutely no sense whatsover either. Please provide video evidence of you jab locking with utilts in a match so that my ignorance may be remedied.
Do you understand the word pseudo? It means fake.
It is used to describe things that aren't exactly like what they are supposed to be describing.
Little confusing explanation (sorry), but an example would be Samus has a Pseudo WOP with her Bair.

Understand the concept now? By Pseudo Jab-Lock, i mean that you can get quite a couple hits off without them being able to do anything (depending on their character and spacing, of course). In a friendly match, I managed to get about 6-10 consecutive first-hit-UpTilt hits on a Falco. He was DIing away at the time.

Ive repeated this on 2-3 separate instances, but it can be escaped as long as they don't DI away.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
i dont know if my friend were stupid enough (and probably DI'ed the wrong way). but I uptilt locked my friends fox/falco using the side of my arms about 5 times. goodstuff.

oh and i'd like to thank Toasty, for comming up with Gyro-cancelling because i just beat my friend's DDD with a gyro-cancelled nair. major mindgames in the works.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
OS I have a question.

If R.O.B counters Marth how come Marth's are beating R.O.B's in tourney according to that other thread you made?

Shouldn't R.O.B be ****** Marth's easily?

*blink

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS I have a question.

If R.O.B counters Marth how come Marth's are beating R.O.B's in tourney according to that other thread you made?

Shouldn't R.O.B be ****** Marth's easily?

*blink
ROB has lost 6 times to Marth according to that thread.

I've beaten over 6 Marths myself, so I don't even need to really get started on other ROBs, do I? :)

Sudai

Stuff here
I was beaten twice by Marth in tournaments and it's not that Marth counters ROB, for me anyway. My issue is the guy that keeps beating me is just better than me. : P

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Neither of you answered my question.

A counter match-up implies that a character has attributes that completely shut down the entire game of another character in that match-up. Hence it's a counter match-up.

So that implies an 8/2 or 9/1 ratio. Basically the other character would have almost no chance.

If this is the case how is Marth beating R.O.B in tourney, when according to OS, R.O.B completely shuts him down?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
*Blows JawaJedi away with a DBZ type attack

I asked a question first.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
IMO ROBOT and Marth go pretty much even. They can both combo one another, and some of marth's moves have better range. The main reason that ROBOT might have a slight advantage is that ROBOT's recovery is too good and Marth's is eaily predictable. But really it's not that far in ROB's favor.

OS only beats Marth so easily because of his style, not because of his character.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I ahve a question. I've been told I use the Gyro Top too much. When is the best situation and/or place to use it?
It depends on the character, mostly.

The safest bet is to charge it when they are off the stage, then fire it before shooting a laser. There's no way to get an "automatic hit" with the gyro, so it's best to just use it when it is safest.

Another good tactic is to simply shoot a weak one, grab it, then glide toss.

Also, a cool trick against Marth: if he uses his second jump (which you can force with lasers), fall off the edge and follow his descent and shoot your gyro. If you get the spacing right, there's nothing he can do but air dodge into your fair.

Also, everyone can ignore Emblem Lord; he's just bitter because Marth is bad and I hijacked his thread, so he tries to hijack mine XD

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hehe... let's pretend I don't know what a glide toss is. :psycho:
When you are holding a gyro like an item, you roll and throw the gyro. This causes you to slide; you can see it all over the ROB forums and on youtube videos, so look there to see how to do it.

You generally want to do it when you are far away and come in with a smash or grab. Sometimes, when close, it is good to roll away and throw it so you launch yourself backwards; this allows you to spam with immunity.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I'm not hijacking anything.

I'm asking a question. You went out of your way to hijack mine though. Can't stand another SBRer getting love from his fanboys?

You hater.

Marth and ROB are both bad compared to Snake and MK.

Marth and ROB are also pretty much tied in their rank as far as tourney results go. Tier list wise their spots are pretty much interchangeable as I think they should be right next to each other.

Marth is still the hottest chick in this game.

JawaJedi

Smash Journeyman
When you are holding a gyro like an item, you roll and throw the gyro. This causes you to slide; you can see it all over the ROB forums and on youtube videos, so look there to see how to do it.

You generally want to do it when you are far away and come in with a smash or grab. Sometimes, when close, it is good to roll away and throw it so you launch yourself backwards; this allows you to spam with immunity.

omg its waevdash!ng!!1!!111! :O

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not hijacking anything.

I'm asking a question. You went out of your way to hijack mine though. Can't stand another SBRer getting love from his fanboys?

You hater.

Marth and ROB are both bad compared to Snake and MK.

Marth and ROB are also pretty much tied in their rank as far as tourney results go. Tier list wise their spots are pretty much interchangeable as I think they should be right next to each other.

Marth is still the hottest chick in this game.
Rob is def not bad compared to Snake. Just stay away from him, predict the mortor slide and punish. One throw off the ledge and a few fair's sends him to his doom. Get a spike in and he's done. C4 recovery? Jump down with im and let him sticky you and get ready to DI and tech off the stage. Instant death.

Snake is soo easy.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
NE is Snake town and R.O.B does well vs him, but overall Snake is the better character.

I'm talking about the characters themselves not the match-up.

Also you are right. ROB is not bad. But it's all a matter of perception. I could argue that in a tournament setting all that matters is the characters that win the most.

In this regard Marth and R.O.B don't even matter.

Only MK, Snake, and Dedede would matter.

noodles

Smash Champion
i make sure to have gyros on the floor to limit snakes mobility (mortar slide) off the stage its in robs favor. personally i have lots of trouble vs snake though

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If only there was a ROB player that won every event in the Midwest that he went to...

oh wait.

:D

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I could argue that you are many times better then your opponents.

Much like M2K in Jersey.

Top Bottom