• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
any move that breaks the tornado has to actually hit metaknight in the center.

lord karn

Smash Master
One time I donkey-punched the tornado and it did nothing but the tornado went straight through me because of juggernaut frames. I hate the tornado.

As for ROB, I usually just try to run from the tornado and try and punish him afterwards, unless I'm in an easy position to hit him from the top.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You should main Environmental Science. Then you can be a park ranger and go camping all the time.

R.O.B.O.T.

Smash Cadet
Hey Overswarm, how do you deal with Yoshi? I mean his second jump gives him super armor so that takes out gimp kills and his eggs are an annoying projectile.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Hey Overswarm, how do you deal with Yoshi? I mean his second jump gives him super armor so that takes out gimp kills and his eggs are an annoying projectile.
Just wait for his 2nd jump to go away and then either Fair him or Bair him away
Either way you should be able to WOP him at a fairly good distance and at least enough for him to not come back, use your recovery to follow it up with more Fair and switch it up to a bair to finish him off.
Try not to let him go from under the stand though because then its makes it harder for you to keep him off, if he does his jump from above then you can see where it ends and then you can knock him back off.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I don't think Yoshi gets armor frames for the early part of his second jump. I've gimped many a Yoshi in my time, so I think my claim is justified. But is it correct? That I don't know. Jesus could have done the ******. I hear armor frames are countered by a deity's whim.

R.O.B.O.T.

Smash Cadet
Just wait for his 2nd jump to go away and then either Fair him or Bair him away
Either way you should be able to WOP him at a fairly good distance and at least enough for him to not come back, use your recovery to follow it up with more Fair and switch it up to a bair to finish him off.
Try not to let him go from under the stand though because then its makes it harder for you to keep him off, if he does his jump from above then you can see where it ends and then you can knock him back off.
By the time his second jump is over, he is at the center of the stage. His ariels also seem to carry him farther. Also what would I do about those spammy eggs?

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
By the time his second jump is over, he is at the center of the stage. His ariels also seem to carry him farther. Also what would I do about those spammy eggs?
ROB's Bair and Nair have so much knock back if hit, they are hard to aerial dodge because of its hit box and they out prioritize most moves. Normally Ill see a Yoshi trying to get back and I just follow them, the thing you have to do with ROB is read your opponent, once that its a good ga,e.
As for those spammers dont let them get that far away when fighting with ROb vs Yoshi those eggs are ****.
You **** Yoshi and almost everyone else in close quarters.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Spot dodging doesnt really help, the egg is so big and even after the dodge you will get hit with the little explosion.
Do and approaching SHADing or just dont let him get that far, oh and I forgot to mention Yoshi only get those sorta heavy armour frames a few frames after he initiates his jump.

null55

Smash Master
Overswarm, I had another question. I know c-stick aerials are best, but for short hop double fairs do you think it's a better idea to use the A button to pull of the first fair faster?

And does it matter if I use X or Y to jump?
I use Y normally, but for some reason it seems like it might be easier to use X when playing with R.O.B.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Overswarm, I had another question. I know c-stick aerials are best, but for short hop double fairs do you think it's a better idea to use the A button to pull of the first fair faster?

I use Y normally, but for some reason it seems like it might be easier to use X when playing with R.O.B.
I use A for the first fair and C-stick for the 2nd. That's the only way I could pull off SH double fairs with Marth in Melee. It also makes it easy to drift forward with the first one and back away out of range with the second.

I use X personally, but Y makes it easier to do certain things, like autocancelled dairs with Ganon. With ROB though, I don't think it makes a difference. I like X.

R.O.B.O.T.

Smash Cadet
Spot dodging doesnt really help, the egg is so big and even after the dodge you will get hit with the little explosion.
Do and approaching SHADing or just dont let him get that far, oh and I forgot to mention Yoshi only get those sorta heavy armour frames a few frames after he initiates his jump.
Alright, I will try that. Thanks.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
how difficult is a good mario player? I'm not sure that Rob has the advantage.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

I release my fairs at a certain point in my jump, not immediately, so the delay doesn't matter.

I use X to jump, but it doesn't really matter. Darkrain played Falcon and used up to jump, so...

noodles

Smash Champion
i use x to jump. in melee x and y to make shdl's easier.

i havent played any marios really so i cant say anything in that topic

*Wants to learn ROB*

What should I begin learning first to have a good ROB, and how exactly do I time the use of my projectiles to camp since they aren't "Spammable".

Overswarm

is laughing at you
*Wants to learn ROB*

What should I begin learning first to have a good ROB, and how exactly do I time the use of my projectiles to camp since they aren't "Spammable".
Watch the videos in JCaesar's thread

and you generally camp with ROB's lasers. Just wait for your opponent to move, then shoot lasers. If you have your gyro fully charged, throw it, then laser. if they don't powershield it, you can shield poke them with it.

noodles

Smash Champion
it seems alot of sidesteps to dsmash is in place though, hear they have pretty mean grabs

Top Bottom