• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Lies ccst. Yoshi's up-B is Egg throw, and I know you can jump after that XD.
Yeah, but I mean his egg roll, side special. =P

Oh, thanks Mr.E, I forgot Ike, sorry for that! =)

LoL, I saw more failures with my list... (Kirby when he for example copies MK's tornado). =P
It's 6 who don't have any helpless.

So right now I'm testing footstool, DTilt, UTilt, grabs, jabs, and ZDrops, hoping to find SOMETHING of use.

You can grab out of Utilt's first hitbubble.

But then I hit a brick wall.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
My question is pretty simple. I have trouble fitting Dtilt into my game, since to me, ftilt always seems to be the better choice. So I am asking when is the best moment to use dtilt? Since most of the time, they shield it and if they shield dtilt, you are ****ed up.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Dtilt is faster, that's all the reason you need to decide in a situation. That...and dtilt has more range.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
More range? Ftilt has crap load of more range than a dtilt. Not that Dtilt has bad range, but it's slightly outclassed by ftilt.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
My question is pretty simple. I have trouble fitting Dtilt into my game, since to me, ftilt always seems to be the better choice. So I am asking when is the best moment to use dtilt? Since most of the time, they shield it and if they shield dtilt, you are ****ed up.
Against walls.

Sudai

Stuff here
DTilt is useful for our Jab Lock (really a DTilt lock), low percent combos, boxing, and shield pressure.

Low Percent Combos* include but are not limited to:
DTilt Trip > Grab
DTilt > FTilt
DTilt > FSmash > FTilt ***

*Not true combos.
***Only at 0% with no DI. Maybe higher with no/bad DI.

For boxing and shield pressure it's awesome. Just mix it into jabs and grabs on shield. It can shield poke better than any of ROB's up close moves other than DSmash too.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I use it for those things Sudai mentioned. My problem is that I just can't seem to find a good time to use it, almost all the time another move is a better choice to me.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
If they are in the range of Dtilt, Dtilt > Ftilt (greater than). You're probably going to get punished for Ftliting too close, but Dtilit is probably going to be safe. I also like to poke a Dtilt after I use Nair, if they hold shield for most of the duration they will be forced to approach or retreat. Either way a Jab or Ftlit followup will stop most approaches.

Sudai

Stuff here
If they are in the range of Dtilt, Dtilt > Ftilt (greater than). You're probably going to get punished for Ftliting too close, but Dtilit is probably going to be safe. I also like to poke a Dtilt after I use Nair, if they hold shield for most of the duration they will be forced to approach or retreat. Either way a Jab or Ftlit followup will stop most approaches.
this so hard

If you're facing off against an Ice Block-happy IC, DTilt is amazing. You can use it to force them to approach, and if they're not desynched well enough, you can start another DTilt to stop the next block.

And yeah, DTilt is great for boxing shield pressure. Jab/weak UTilt/Dilt in any combination work great to get you a grab. They all have low knockback and string relatively well into each other.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I played yesterday and noticed the power of dtilt. That move is simply amazing. It has more range than it appears to have, it's not that far from ftilt and it also is godlike fast. I like it out of shield.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Can someone explain R.O.B.'s blind spots and the extended ones when he's in the air or on a platform? Pictures would be appreciated!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Diagonals and especially below him. Just don't be stupid and your blindspots are kinda gone.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
I don't understand, a picture (of any kind, it can be painted) would be nice!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Don't go above your opponent, your dair is worthless crap and it's your only option from above so I think you get it.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Hey guys! A DDD main here (yeah I know) but I play in Japan where DDDs are very common and everyone knows how to beat them hard, so I'm looking for a new main. I used to play R.O.B. and I'm willing to give him a shot. Does someone wanna give me the low down of videos I should check out, what match ups/stages he has trouble with and just some general R.O.B. tips?

You should check out the directory and Community Guide. They'll point you over to the most important stuff on the boards.

Anyways, glad to see someone picking up ROB. Think you could also fill us in about the state of smash in Japan? I for one am curious.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
One nice thing to remember about Rob, don't approach :p Many new Rob's are a little less campy.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I mained MK for 2 months, was my countrys best, ended up 2nd in doubles with him, then I dropped him since Rob is just more awesome :)

Top Bottom