• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: The Big House! *results thread is up*

Dart!

Smash Master
A Samus in top 10?

Haha, maybe if Darrell decided to come, we'd have someone good enough, but I don't see it happening with all the talent coming in. Sadly, I'd bet against us Samui.

Don't mind me, I'm just a scrub who can only beat dumb spacies, dumb Falcons, Marths that can't space, and Sheiks that don't know of the existence of forward air. Oh, and Puffs that don't bair. I'll be happy to make it into bracket.

However, I will bet that Oscar, Johnny, and not so secret Cali player will place higher than every Midwest player. I will put 10 bucks on that. Any takers?
how much money do you lose if more than one of them gets the MW strap handed to them? i didn't specify who will be handing it out either.
/MW****riding

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yall seriosuly don't know bout weon-x. He is goinn to straight f*** a lot of people up.

I feel sorry for whichever supposed "top seed" has the weon-x in his pool. It wont be any of the canadians, so there could be very early bracket **** going on due to pools getting *****.
Well, that depends on if we do 8 pools or 16 pools. He'd definitely get top seed recognition if we do 16 pools.

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
****in pools. I forgot. I'm gonna have to beat people just to get into bracket at a *real* Tourney in AA. I'm used to just having a good time and not being stopped. I should probably learn how to shot melee.

Hindawg

Smash Journeyman
oh yea forgot about vanz he can probably get top 3, and those 3 Cali players mentioned could definitely outplace the MW, on the otherhand, Dart and Kels could outplace all 3 of them, anything can happen at this tourny with the absence of hungrybox or any other huge player

Violence

Smash Lord
Juggleguy: Yes, I would. It's an all or nothing deal.

West Coooooaaaaast!

If you are a player who has never been ranked in any region ever, I definitely want to play friendlies with you. This is my first time out here for a big Melee tournament, and I wanna see if there's any truth to the claim that randoms are better in one specific region with respect to the others.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
@ Violence: then it's decided, the bet is on
@ Jerm: we might not do doubles pools, that has proven to be the ultimate time sink in the past... definitely doing singles pools though

sanchaz

Smash Lord
A Samus in top 10?

Haha, maybe if Darrell decided to come, we'd have someone good enough, but I don't see it happening with all the talent coming in. Sadly, I'd bet against us Samui.

Don't mind me, I'm just a scrub who can only beat dumb spacies, dumb Falcons, Marths that can't space, and Sheiks that don't know of the existence of forward air. Oh, and Puffs that don't bair. I'll be happy to make it into bracket.

However, I will bet that Oscar, Johnny, and not so secret Cali player will place higher than every Midwest player. I will put 10 bucks on that. Any takers?
yeah. look for me, I'll be wearing a white bucky hat. don't back down from this bet. or I will make sure the smash communitty will know how much of a ***** you are, because I can't believe your serious

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 9 (9 members and 0 guests)
Oro?!, Violence, sanchaz, SFAT, Alex Strife, Juggleguy, darkatma, MonkUnit+

Secret player spotted.

ORLY

Smash Master
@oro: to answer your question earlier, another ride is unlikely. i will ask matt if i can ride with him, but until i get confirmation, i'm stuck riding with you chums.

ORLY

Smash Master
that'll be hard to determine until the day comes (or at least the deadline for registration)

it really depends on how many pools juggle wants to do, how many set-ups we have, all that nonsense

JPOBS

Smash Hero
canada is going to tear this bracket apart. People forget about them because they don't put out vids every week like the other regions.

I suggest everyone go rewatch the ROM 3. you know, the ones where Kirbykaze beats dr. ****in pp. Yea, those ones :awesome:

Violence

Smash Lord
yeah. look for me, I'll be wearing a white bucky hat. don't back down from this bet. or I will make sure the smash communitty will know how much of a ***** you are, because I can't believe your serious
I don't back down from my monetary commitments(unlike a certain person.... Zac knows who I'm talkin about). If you doubt it, just ask hungrybox. Either way, it's just 10 dollars. If I wanted to disrespect the Midwest, I'd make it a larger sum. It's because I respect the Midwest(went to college in Cleveland, I know a few of the older players in the scene) that I only bet 10.

Let me make myself clear, I'm not here to talk a ton of ****, I'm just confident in my region, just like any red-blooded scrub.

... butWestCoastgonnaraaaaaaape.

Moooose

Smash Champion
Juggleguy: Yes, I would. It's an all or nothing deal.

West Coooooaaaaast!

If you are a player who has never been ranked in any region ever, I definitely want to play friendlies with you. This is my first time out here for a big Melee tournament, and I wanna see if there's any truth to the claim that randoms are better in one specific region with respect to the others.
i'll mm that samus

Violence

Smash Lord
Whatever he said, he's a nice guy who says nice things that are usually undeserved. I played him the other day and he ***** me for 5 hours straight.

That said, I'd love to play as many friendlies as I can with Midwesterners.

Moose: Lemme check out some of your vids.... I might do a 5 dollar or lower money match, I've never been confident in them. Friendlies if I refuse?

Violence

Smash Lord
Only doing it to the first bidder, sorry. This trip cost me quite a bit, don't have the money to wager too much. It's between me and Juggleguy.

However, I will still scream out spontaneous sidebets whenever there's a hype match on the screen. Those are also legit and I will honor them.

Moooose

Smash Champion
Whatever he said, he's a nice guy who says nice things that are usually undeserved. I played him the other day and he ***** me for 5 hours straight.

That said, I'd love to play as many friendlies as I can with Midwesterners.

Moose: Lemme check out some of your vids.... I might do a 5 dollar or lower money match, I've never been confident in them. Friendlies if I refuse?
there should be new vids of me vs duck sometime this week

4% APR

Smash Champion
Only doing it to the first bidder, sorry. This trip cost me quite a bit, don't have the money to wager too much. It's between me and Juggleguy.

However, I will still scream out spontaneous sidebets whenever there's a hype match on the screen. Those are also legit and I will honor them.
I will make sure to be within screaming distance, this sounds pretty fun. It sounds like this guy played marvel haha

Moooose

Smash Champion
well theyre tied on the pr.
personally i think rat plays smarter but duck punishes harder, so theyre about even imo

also duck tends to do better against people who've never played him, whereas rat will do better against people he's had more practice against i think.

Top Bottom