• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: The Big House! *results thread is up*

soap

Smash Hero
ya one of the best run tournies I've been too.

I witnessed a string of 4-5 just amazing sets before I left. Starting with trail/lovage, unknown/s2j, dart/raynex

some inspirational stuff. Reminded me why I love melee.

New S2J fan here.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
so how do you define a "national" then?

let me guess: a regional that's on the coast
I always thought it was popular consensus that 100+ entrants = a national.

And we did go over 100 entrants. :bee:

Results thread is being made right now, stay tuned.

ya one of the best run tournies I've been too.

I witnessed a string of 4-5 just amazing sets before I left. Starting with trail/lovage, unknown/s2j, dart/raynex

some inspirational stuff. Reminded me why I love melee.

New S2J fan here.
Dude, those sets were just the beginning. I don't remember any sets that weren't competitive from the last couple hours or so. We knew coming in that there was no clear favorite and a handful of people could legitimately win the tourney, and that ended up being so true, which is awesome.

PS I owe Scythe $5 and Hindawg $10 for losing my bets to them, fffffffffuuuuuuu

PPS I think Dart owes me $5 cause we bet on whether s2j would place top 3

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
best tourney i ever been too as well. its nice to see evryone again, and was cool to meet lovage, sfat s2j, and everyone else

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Having 100 people doesnt make a tournament national.
Having a tournament with 100+ ppl and every region represented + canada makes it national.
This was a small national tournament.

:phone:

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm not sure why this wouldn't be considered a national. Both the number of entrants and the prize money is on tier with a national, plus, the other quality of a national is that there are several regions strongly represented, which there were.

Tons of people / Money + widespread representation = no question about it. It's a national.

Just because it isn't one of those high powered 200+ people tourneys with everyone and their brother going from europe and japan doesn't subtract from the national level qualities of this tournament.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Its like saying that flying from New York to Canada isn't an international flight because its not as long as New York to France.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Small national seems the most appropriate.

I'm really impressed that s2j went so far after getting a semi early loss.

Can't wait to play him ^_^

Top Bottom