• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: Phoenix Saga: Part 6

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
THE NEW SCHEDULE

9:00-10:00 A.M - Venue opens/Things get set up.

10:00 - 12:00 P.M. - Free play and Registration for both events. Doubles registration closes at Noon on the dot. I will take Phone calls notifying your late arrival up until 12. If you aren't here by the time your match is called, I'm not waiting. DQed automatically from the first set.

12:30 P.M. - Double Starts

2:00 P.M. - Registration for Singles CLOSES. If you haven't registered at this point, you're not getting in. I will take phone calls notifying your late arrival up until 2 as well. I will try to toss you in the second wave of pools if possible but I'm not going out of my way to do so.

2:45-3:00 P.M - Pools begin. Pools will be split into two waves of 8. During the time your wave is not playing, you should take this time to go get food, relax and whatever else. Because everyone will be getting plenty of time to relax, the break between bracket and pools will be short. We expect pools to be done quickly and we will not tolerate excessive idol time. Matches need to be played on a consistent basis. Staff will be there to enforce this. And not being there for your pool will NOT be tolerated. If we can't find you after 10 minutes, I'm just gonna DQ you from all of your matches. Also around this point Doubles should be coming to a conclusion soon.

Note: Myself and about half of the staff will be in the first wave of pools to ensure that Bracket can start getting worked on once we're done. Also staff will be split between waves to ensure there is enough people enforcing matches during both waves.

7:30 P.M. - Bracket starts. We will be using a modified Mages DQ Rule for this event. 5 minutes after your set is called if you're not there....you lose Game 1. After another 5 minutes you lose the set. No mercy. We have a strict schedule.

With the schedule there's a chance the end rounds of Bracket may go on past 11 if we don't hit or exceed our target setup number. If that's the case we'll use the back up room. But at the very least 90% of the tournament will be done at that point, Hopefully all of it will be. The schedule is strict but we have some room to play around with things. If Doubles goes by faster than I expect then Pools will start earlier. We suggest showing up no later than 1 p.m if you're just going to enter Singles. I will yell out warning people that Registration for Singles will be closing at "XXXXXXX" either way.

Xatic

Smash Lord
Seems legit. Hope it works out.

I will probably be doing 1 more stream test tonight before friday night if anyone is interested in looking at it one more time. I will be highlighting the game audio, maybe some mic tests, BOTH the Apex 2013 and Impulse Ads, and all the layouts (in-game, commentary cam, player/in-game cam, and all 3).

Also I forgot if anyone had an extra webcam I could borrow? (I know WTP has a lot of the things I needed but couldn't remember if a webcam was one of those things). We need an extra webcam so we can give the full experience to everyone sitting at home. I personally only have 1 webcam and that will be used as either the player or commentator cam.

I may also need a USB hub because the laptop I'm using only has two USB ports. (I might be able to get this from home but I need to search for it.)

Last Stream Test before Friday:
Wednesday June 13th
www.twitch.tv/xatic
11:00pm - 12:30am

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
BUT SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE GOING TO EVANSVILLE THIS WEEKEND NOT MICHIGAN D: D: D: D: D:

Also turns out it's HTL|XeroXen, the Hero Mario deserves but not the one he needs right now

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
me and reset going to get ramen on friday @ matsuchan.

hype

julian if you're willing to ride in the backseat of the smartcar i'll take you too

wtp you should bring people and meet us there or something...
And me too? You said today you'd know for sure if you could get me.

:018:

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
@hotarms
Idk i think derek is housing IN.

@seagull
Thats hella far lmao. We will if we are going to wtp's though for sure!

:phone:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Seems legit. Hope it works out.

I will probably be doing 1 more stream test tonight before friday night if anyone is interested in looking at it one more time. I will be highlighting the game audio, maybe some mic tests, BOTH the Apex 2013 and Impulse Ads, and all the layouts (in-game, commentary cam, player/in-game cam, and all 3).

Also I forgot if anyone had an extra webcam I could borrow? (I know WTP has a lot of the things I needed but couldn't remember if a webcam was one of those things). We need an extra webcam so we can give the full experience to everyone sitting at home. I personally only have 1 webcam and that will be used as either the player or commentator cam.

I may also need a USB hub because the laptop I'm using only has two USB ports. (I might be able to get this from home but I need to search for it.)

Last Stream Test before Friday:
Wednesday June 13th
www.twitch.tv/xatic
11:00pm - 12:30am
I have two webcams I can bring so we can use one for each player if you have enough USB ports.

If you're worried about time, why don't you start doubles at 11:30 (since you're featuring two hours of free play)? Assuming we can get things going early with whoever arrives by then, there's no reason not to do so as it might be able to help compensate for a lowered amount of setups.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm the same way Apasher, If it was more like 6:30/7 I'd be more comfortable, but we will see.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
HYPE. I cant play much other than mk :/ but my mk is much better nowadays me thinks <3 can you play any non mk characters? snake?

i guess i can play wario but im not too confident in that

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Although i prefer mk in doubles i can play snake. My snake isn't that bad though, been putting in work/ getting a ton of tips from ally/sk whenever i see them.

:phone:

JTsm

Smash Master
Hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddddddddddddd om nom, nom nom
LOL

Bracket starting at 7:30? I'm a little shaky on that. 3 hours and 30 minutes to complete bracket might be pushing it, but hopefully we can start earlier.

clowsui

Smash Legend
everybody who is concerned about the schedule

think about what kind of schedule is effective in terms of motivating people to be more timely and also what kind of schedule TOs should use with consideration to logistics and expectations.

that's all i have to say about this one. do the math and see if you come up with a better estimate than mine, but as it stands my estimate may even be optimistic.

TV:
1. Jtsm
2. Jtsm
3. Jtsm
4. Ori_bro
5. Ori_bro
6. Ori_bro
7. Zinoto
8. fZk
9. Marco
10. Ori_bro
11. ThrowTheAnhyzer
12. Keitaro
13. Thugz <-- PERSON WHO WILL PICK THE TVS UP FROM THUGZ'S PLACE:
14. Thugz <-- PERSON WHO WILL PICK THE TVS UP FROM THUGZ'S PLACE
15. Ally
16. Ksev
(ideal number)

Wiis
1. Jtsm
2. clowsui
3. Ori_bro
4. Zinoto
5. Private Joker-Brown
6. Private Joker-Brown
7. me9595
8. Seagullman
9. Apasher
10. Xatic
11. fZk
12. Marco
13. SKTARo/ScrubKeiTaro/Keitaro
14. HotArms <--- PERSON WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HOTARMS' WII:
15. Ally
16. Ksev

MORE SETUPS WOULD BE APPRECIATED, ANY SETUPS >16 MAY BE PERMANENTLY INSTATED AS FRIENDLIES SETUPS THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE TOURNAMENT

Also we need people to bring Thugz's TVs and we also need someone to be responsible for HotArms' Wii (though I will be responsible for bringing it back to Julian's place if he'll agree to that)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I also think the bracket starting time should be much earlier... pools will take no time at all considering the number of setups and only 4-5 players each. I wouldn't be surprised if each wave only takes an hour or so.

Top Bottom