• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV da BESS ~ WHGU 6 @ Kingsville = APR 23 !!!!

What day do you want our weekly UTB club gaming fests be?

• Monday

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
how much does each person need aproximately?
easily $100...maybe more

first lets look into TRANSPORTATION

then IF we can get FREE HOUSING
since more than likely everyone who usually hoses will be booked

then we can talk how much for gas and entry to the event
keep in mind it starts friday and ends sunday night

go!

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Also ill host alot of fundraising events after mlg so that we can take all the rgv to whobo 3 for free (entry fees, transportation) and well be able to stay at my dads house for whobo as well.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Anybody play League of Legends? I'm pretty beastly my summoner name is DraZtiC
I play, name is Chaosgriffin

easily $100...maybe more

go!
It is possible that i could give some people housing. Since i live in Dallas, but not sure as of yet.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Shank, get us housing with Kevin or someone.

Also, you guys really wanna stay to watch doubles?

/wants (maybe needs) to be back by Monday

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
No way boose is going to house a bunch of us. There are four people + cats in a small *** dirty apt as it is. I woulndt even want to stay there myself >.>

Edit: more than likely I am not even going to go. Cap'n jazz is playing fun fun fun fest in austin Saturday and I would rather see that than go to mlg. I don't even like mlg in the community as it is.

thebokkie

Smash Cadet
No way boose is going to house a bunch of us. There are four people + cats in a small *** dirty apt as it is. I woulndt even want to stay there myself >.>

Edit: more than likely I am not even going to go. Cap'n jazz is playing fun fun fun fest in austin Saturday and I would rather see that than go to mlg. I don't even like mlg in the community as it is.
Awesome, I love Cap'n Jazz :D
I'd do the same as well

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, I love Cap'n Jazz :D
I'd do the same as well
Haha awesome! Come see them with me ;o

And yeah derk, three days is tiring and expensive. I've gone the past 4 years and by Sunday I'm ready to gtfo. If your into superficialness, mlg is it for you. Otherwise its just a pretty national with everything over priced. Whobo3 is probably more bang for you buck and you probably won't ever get bored there with all the anime and junk...plus you can slow that tournament down with unlimited friendlies.

I honestly think its in everyones best intrest to save for whobo. And with proper planning and fundraising we could have the whole trip paid for and maybe even save enough to stay in the hotel!

Reizilla

So if I help raise money and don't go, do I get it back?

Also, in all likelihood, I'll be in DC during WHOBO 3. Looking like no national for me :(

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
And yeah derk, three days is tiring and expensive. I've gone the past 4 years and by Sunday I'm ready to gtfo. If your into superficialness, mlg is it for you. Otherwise its just a pretty national with everything over priced. Whobo3 is probably more bang for you buck and you probably won't ever get bored there with all the anime and junk...plus you can slow that tournament down with unlimited friendlies.

I honestly think its in everyones best intrest to save for whobo. And with proper planning and fundraising we could have the whole trip paid for and maybe even save enough to stay in the hotel!
i wouldnt mind going to just watch the singles tourney go on. to me though, theres really no point in us actually paying to play cause we know none of us are going to win lol. i just want like a souvenir or something haha.

being able to afford a room at the hotel sounds mantastic!

Broly

Smash Lord
easily $100...maybe more

go!
Van is in for sure. id like to inform everyone that my vans getting a lift and every big tourny im taking my chair, some of ya'll saw it. so nstead 10-11 ppl, we can prolly fit 8-9. giving every1 a heads up

defsithe

Smash Ace
i want to go to MLG dallas.............someone teach me this game....................and play melee too

Reizilla

National Trumpet Competition in DC over Spring Break. I'm not sure exactly what dates it is. It might be all week.

Reizilla

I'm assuming that means you were disappointed? Glad I didn't go then. haha

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
Na the first half of the 30 seconds to mars show was annoying bc the singer kept being annoying, but it was actually a decent show for the 2nd half. I liked the opening band new politics a lot more though. For being a free show it was decent. Could you hear everything going on from your dorm?

Reizilla

Not from the inside. haha. Outside, I could hear bass and muffled vocals and a chopper.

Mikey, we should've played. I've barely done anything xD

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I will admit, the tourney wasn't the same without Vorgy harassing everyone<3
<33333333333333

So how about we start making plans for mlg dallas?

I think i should hold 2-3 fund raiser events to start getting the cash.
I'm interested. When is the date? I might be back in Brownsville by then. Also I can probably go myself.

Also ill host alot of fundraising events after mlg so that we can take all the rgv to whobo 3 for free (entry fees, transportation) and well be able to stay at my dads house for whobo as well.
WHOBO 3 you all can stay with me also in Houston FYI. (if im still living here)

If i can host 3 fundraising events i expect that would take care of the majority of the gas money and rentacars.
This always worked well.

Nike.

Smash Hero
6. Shank
7. CG
8. Derk
9. Rei-gun
10. Syoudous

Is that your 6-10? :O I don't even remember if Shank was at the tourney. I swear there was at least 4 wolf's there x)

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
i think it was decided that everyone in spots 6-10 were pretty equal or something like that.

yea for wolf mains we have:
bombcu, sama, and shank. i can play wolf a little too so i randomly use him from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom