• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV da BESS ~ WHGU 6 @ Kingsville = APR 23 !!!!

What day do you want our weekly UTB club gaming fests be?

• Monday

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
One thing i think you and shlike got 5th, if you both forefit you dont both advance you both stay put, also it is partially your fault noone wanted to play anyone since you were one of them
I went by the "next available" placing. Vickey, me, and shlike were "out" in the same bracket spot and the highest placing before that was 3rd.

That aside I updated you for PT / MK instead. Vickey lost in the spot for 5th but you don't skip 4th if there is nobody there. It's like if I put Broly and Pax both as 2nd because neither of them played off the Grand Finals. That's just the way I saw it.

If you have suggestions for tournament running Magik feel free to PM me or let me know here I don't mind receiving it. I'm not born perfect and I'm always willing to take suggestions to improve the way a tournament is run especially if you are willing to give constructive criticism.

About the venue fee, I felt it was necessary. BF4 and BF5 were my examples. BF4 was our biggest turnout by people who attended the tournament yet (BF6 just had the most enter singles). around 35 people joined in BF4 and even though I brought two set ups of my own there were only a total of 4. 34 other people brought only 2 set ups.

BF5 then, I was only able to bring one set up (because usally I got a Wii from Smoke and TV from herby that he had extra and joined it as one, neither was able to make BF5.. at least on time). We literally had NO set ups but mine and 22 people were there. Weslaco (Andilex, Magik, and MURDR) you guys literally saved the tournament by going out of your way to bring three set ups. It was getting out of hand, people were not contributing, so I was forced to do this. The best I could do was use the venue fee as positively as possible. Yeah singles got all sorts of screwed up, but like I said it is not the end of the world. I could have easily given them money without announcing it publicly but I did because I feel it gives a positive feeling of accomplishment to have earned something for placing high. Normally under a regular scenario there would only have been one 4th placing person so this should be a non-issue as I don't see this occurring again.

As for Low Tier tournaments, Magik, I really see it as a dead-end unless it is run at the beggining of the tournament. Since there will be an upcoming big BF soon, I am considering running Low Tiers as the first event in the tournament. You have been asking for Low Tiers for a while, and I know that it is in demand from others as well. I can say at this point I am 90% sure Low Tiers will be the first event next (big) BF event.

I think I covered everything you wanted to discuss Magik. Do you have any questions, suggestions, or constructive criticism?

paco27291

Smash Rookie
Pax- hope u pass ur cell bio exam XD

Magik- good stuff, i hate ur PT and u had broly all scared lol

Syoudous- u have improved a lot and would be one of the best if u took it more seriously, i always say this

CT- wow ur the one that surprised me the most

Vickey- get owned by my coaching!!! nah lol good stuff on almost beating broly

Herby- ur just too good

Andilex- gg ur diddy is already scaring me.

Vorgy- good tourny, alot of people, F-uck wut broly says, keep the brackets how they are so i have an easy road to victory MUAHAHAHAHA lol

Kingsville crew- u guys are getting much better too, and i appreciate u all always coming from kingsville since it is somewhat far away, thank you :)

Fro- get owned by my FOX!!!! and F-ucking play me again so i can make u quit really this time with my MK lol jk good stuff fro ur getting better

Eli- ROB i was like WTF, good stuff

Guero - u really helped out the turnout in this tournament, ur too good

Rest i didnt mention since i dont know u - thank you for coming and if you want to get better call vorgys sex line

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Nothing should be taken to PMs it should be posted on this thread, taking to PMs is reserved for keeping the integrity of the thread in tact, which this thread lost a long time ago

I dont see how venue fees relate to set ups

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Yes PS2 should be legal
Alright say I make PS2 legal. Shouldn't a more liberal counterpick list include some of the really gay stages like Luigi's and possibly even Corneria?

Magik0722 said:
I dont see how venue fees relate to set ups
BF6 was the first tournament where I waived venue fee for bringing a set up. People saving 5 dollars for bringing one really got motivated to do so. We had about 8? Set ups total and even had set ups to play friendlies in the entire time. We even had time for a Blazblue set up, and there was Melee being played. We have never had a tournament run so fast and without complications (IE people constantly wanting to play friendlies in the downtime between tournament matches, etc).. less people got bored, hardly anyone left early, etc.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
No PS2 is not a liberal CP at all
PS2 is around the level of stages like Delfino, frigate, brinstar and pictochat

Everyone shouldnt pay for peoples laziness

Vorguen

Smash Champion
No PS2 is not a liberal CP at all
PS2 is around the level of stages like Delfino, frigate, brinstar and pictochat
I used to think Delfino was close to a Neutral until I played it more, and it weighs heavily in some characters favors. Brinstar and Picto have a lot of gayness in them but overall aren't the worse. Except Pictochat and Frigate can gimp you. PS2 can do all of the above.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Everyone shouldnt pay for peoples laziness
It's like that comment "it takes one to ruin it for everyone" kind of applies here.

It seemed more and more that the tournaments were just NOT going to happen unless people started getting forced to bring a set up. Set ups kept going down and down and never got higher, people started contributing less each time. If I see that the set ups thing stops being a problem I wouldn't even mind removing the venue fee altogether and possibly just rising the entry fee for singles a bit more (7$ possibly). As of right now it's gotten to be a bit of a problem.

shlike

Smash Ace
pax- first set of doubles was too good

broly- good **** on those comebacks i wasnt feeling it towards the end of tourney so you probably wouldve beaten me anyway

magik- main mk already

vickey- our set was INTENSE

vorgy- i love you and people just be mad

derk- great matches youve gotten alot better

andilex- DOUBLES GOD

dimas- too cool

nothx- yesplease

ct- <3

syoudous- mk2gud

eli - the kid will always beat the robot

guero- guero2gud

fro- get beasted by my marth bro

i didnt really care this tourney strangely enough it was the most fun i've had at bf :)

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Delfino was moved from starter/counter pick to Conterpick. Luigis was moved from counterpick to counterpick / banned, corneria was moved from counterpick to banned

PS2 has always been counterpick not counterpick banned

the lastest voting for PS2 was 24-11 compared to luigis 11-8 and cornerias 3-15, they are in no way comparable in the least.

There is no transformation that aids in gimping at all in PS2. Never have i seen a tranformation in PS2 decide a match

Broly

Smash Lord
less people bored yet a 3-way 4th place? only criticism is the brackets. Let CT do it, or ILL bring my laptop, install tio and run brackets

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Delfino was moved from starter/counter pick to Conterpick. Luigis was moved from counterpick to counterpick / banned, corneria was moved from counterpick to banned

PS2 has always been counterpick not counterpick banned

the lastest voting for PS2 was 24-11 compared to luigis 11-8 and cornerias 3-15, they are in no way comparable in the least.

There is no transformation that aids in gimping at all in PS2. Never have i seen a tranformation in PS2 decide a match
I added PS2 to our counterpick list.

I think Corneria's biggest reason is the infinite wall at the bottom for being out right? At least if I remember correctly all the other stages with possible "infinites" are only in certain transformations (IE: Delfino, PS1, PS2, Castle Seige (DDD's chaingrab to blastzone), etc).

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Venue fee should be to pay for the venue/earn the venue profit. Like Magik said, that's the worst solution to a set-up problem. And if you insist, don't call it a venue fee, call it a we're-going-to-make-you-pay-if-you-don't-bring-a-set-up/pocket money fee. If you're not using it to actually pay for something, it should be given away as prize money. ALL of it. Not five dollars to yourself/your brother/your best friend. If you're having trouble getting set-ups, you need to find more reliable sources, not force people to bring them. YOU are the TO, YOU are responsible for making the tournament happen, that's your responsibility, if it doesn't work, it's your fault. That's the way Shank and I have always run our tourneys. When something didn't work, we found a way to get around it, not force people to help us.

Update the power rankings, use that as seeding, if I'm at the next tourney, I can seed the Kingsville and Weslaco people. Don't "randomize" everything, you're always going to get called out for it.

Keep PS2, ban weegee's and corneria.

C 2the loud

Smash Cadet
**** brawl and gay brackets

my bracket was
1.rejex
2. andilex
3.eli (if i would have won, i still hate you eli)
4. syoudous

REALLLLYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
1- Pax - fingers crossed to be at ur level by next brawlfest lol
2- Broly -i wanted to play you again to see how good ive gotten
3- Magik - you left zero traction in my *** (you ***** me bad in winners :()
4- Vickey - your kirby is too sexy
4- Vorguen - i ran out of Q-tips
4- Shlike - i didnt get to play you, but watching you **** my friends was just as fun :)
7- Andilex - we have to play more pit didos, one match with you and vickey cant 3 stock me anymore :)
7- Fro- Mexican ambitions ftw <3
9- DON GUERO!!!!!!!!! - i wanna bang you
9- Derk- you were also ****** my nubish friends <3
9- Syoudous - i will **** you back some day <3
9- Chicken Tenders- want my title back, look out next brawlfest
13- Shank - skank
13- Wes -i wanted to play you maaaaaaaaaaannnn!
17- Cloud -i dont wanna spam so, ambitios mexicans ftw! <3
17- Ronin- love your ike
17- Sama- ur wolf is the balls
17- Dainie- ***** U, BAAAAAAAAAAAAD!
25- Mawnte-FALCO!
25- Sfish - I wanted to MM you to see who was the most ambitios!
25- Fill- i wanted to **** uuuuuuu :(
25- Luis- Fro ***** you BAAAAAD! <3
25- Bofo- pick a main already!
25- Captain Nipples - love your name

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
Venue fee should be to pay for the venue/earn the venue profit. Like Magik said, that's the worst solution to a set-up problem. And if you insist, don't call it a venue fee, call it a we're-going-to-make-you-pay-if-you-don't-bring-a-set-up/pocket money fee. If you're not using it to actually pay for something, it should be given away as prize money. ALL of it. Not five dollars to yourself/your brother/your best friend. If you're having trouble getting set-ups, you need to find more reliable sources, not force people to bring them. YOU are the TO, YOU are responsible for making the tournament happen, that's your responsibility, if it doesn't work, it's your fault. That's the way Shank and I have always run our tourneys. When something didn't work, we found a way to get around it, not force people to help us.

Update the power rankings, use that as seeding, if I'm at the next tourney, I can seed the Kingsville and Weslaco people. Don't "randomize" everything, you're always going to get called out for it.

Keep PS2, ban weegee's and corneria.
i just thought about that too. do we have to pay for the room that we use for brawlfest? if not then all the money that does come from the venue fee could easilly be used to help buy a tv or two for future tourneys to make sure things go smoothly

bf 1 20 entrants = $100 vf
bf 2 24 entrants = $120 vf
bf 3 16 entrants = $80 vf
bf 4 28 entrants = $140 vf
bf 5 22 entrants = $110 vf
bf 6 32 entrants = $160 vf

that adds up to $710 (of course this amount isnt correct bc of waived venue fees and for whatever other reasons). thats more than enough money to go to a pawn shop and buy 2 good sized tube tv's to play on to help with future brawlfest. thats just my opinion. :)

Broly

Smash Lord
ok, first of all, our plan with the venue fee was to cover gas expenses to HOBO or other up-state tournys. i know vorgy uses venue fee to pay for advertising, and he bought a microphone to use for future tournys. we came up w/ the idea on our last hobo trip, and i thought it was a great idea. anyone who could go, wouldnt have to pay the full price. instead of paying 15-20 bucks of gas, each can pay 5-10. but it does bring a problem to who pays and doesnt go to hobos. however, its not our money, its vorgys money for setting up the tourny. we all know not even 20 percent of venue fee is used as payout. i love the tv idea since tournys will be much smoother each time, plus give more time to other events.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
VORGY DO NOT RESPOND TO ANYTHING UNTIL LATER TONIGHT PLZ

RGV Crew, I am going to make a epic proposition to Vorguen in terms of fixing all things wrong with anything. This will be my effort in a community attempt to solidify the RGV GAMING COMMUNITY (not just smash) to make us tournament viable upstate and better friends. After all, there is a reason I quit doing drugs and started playing games more. There is nothing quite like this and if I hate anything it is this bickering over things that shouldn't be a issue.

:]

defsithe

Smash Ace
the appropriate response to all issues over any tourny is and should always be LET MIKEY RUN THINGS. too bad im never available. but u get what i mean. mikey >>>>>>>>ALL. im bored, i should practice or something for my lesson.

Papi24

Smash Rookie
vorgy i love u and all but i am hearing to many complaints on u and running the tournies in brackets, i also agree to this u gotta stop this already dude youve been doing it since bf started that u didnt make it outta pools. and how can u put 3 people as fourth place theres no such thing. ima agree for shank to run the next tournies

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
AGAIN, VROGY, DO NOT ANSWERRRRR

i have some stuff going on but i will contact you around 8 or 9 pm so plox chillioz
awesome boxxy says twice for effectiveness

(no magik pun intended, seriously)

paco27291

Smash Rookie
broly - i forgot lol but good stuff on the comebacks and carrying me in the rainbow cruise game lol

shank - do u sell weed? lol but good stuff on u helping out the RGV

i dont really care about whos better or who sux or about venue fee, i just like playing this game, i mean i could argue "oh vorgy make it 70% so 1st can get more money" but meh i like the whole playing with u guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom