• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee Grand Finals!

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Because everyone needs/wants to see them.

<3 Sweetxignorance!

Match One:
Mango (Falco) vs Mew2King (Captain Falcon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvfeEN-71D8&feature=channel_page

Match Two:
Mango (Falco) vs Mew2King (Sheik)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwqGY3ZdJKE&feature=channel_page

Match Three:
Mango (Falco) vs Mew2King (Sheik)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWIV1X9SRAI&feature=channel_page

Match Four:
Mango (Captain Falcon) vs Mew2King (Captain Falcon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-THf0EGjJU&feature=channel_page

Lovage

Smash Hero
nah, thats ********
matches 2/3 are really legit
plus its m2ks fault for making the finals a joke, fukem

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think M2K wanted to have fun playing someone with skill level close to his own. He realized that he was going to lose (suiciding twice on purpose in Winner's Finals lols?) and just wanted to have some fun, he meant no ill will against Mango or his victory.

2:27-2:45 was AWESOME in Match 4, though.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Looks to me like a legitimate match. The first round M2K went Falcon, hoping Mango would go puff. Mango had been puff the entire tournament, and M2K must have felt he couldn't get the job done with either sheik or marth, and opted to go falcon. Upon loosing, he made a smart choice to counterpick FoD. I'm assuming he expected Mango to stay falco, and he wisely chose sheik, and it payed off. On Mango's counterpick he went corneria. Mango counters this stage quite often and is very successful there. His choice was a good one, and it too payed off. In match 4, M2K picks FD. Obviously with the plan to go Falcon vs Falco. His recent success here against PC Chris and his amazing tech chasing skills should have proven to be a difficult match for Mango to overcome. Mango however, has also been using the Captain lately and obviously felt he had something to prove with a ditto. And prove he did. Mango must have felt his falcon could take M2Ks marth, fox, or falcon here. The risk of losing to a sheik would be worth it by giving Mango the last counterpick in match 5.

I don't see why everybody is making this out to be like M2K just quit. The counterpicking made sense. M2Ks plans just backfired. Mango is good with a lot of characters, and it makes counterpicking him EXTREMELY difficult. As for the in game errors? Well watch pretty much any professional sport, and it's easy to determine that no matter who you are, if you lose confidence, you lose the match. Mango got into his head. When you play a game like M2K does, so extremely precise, headgames can ruin you. Mango does this to everybody. If he's not beating you on the screen, he's in your head, and you've already lost.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^Maybe might could possibly he believed he could win using Falcon?

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Looks to me like a legitimate match. The first round M2K went Falcon, hoping Mango would go puff. Mango had been puff the entire tournament, and M2K must have felt he couldn't get the job done with either sheik or marth, and opted to go falcon. Upon loosing, he made a smart choice to counterpick FoD. I'm assuming he expected Mango to stay falco, and he wisely chose sheik, and it payed off. On Mango's counterpick he went corneria. Mango counters this stage quite often and is very successful there. His choice was a good one, and it too payed off. In match 4, M2K picks FD. Obviously with the plan to go Falcon vs Falco. His recent success here against PC Chris and his amazing tech chasing skills should have proven to be a difficult match for Mango to overcome. Mango however, has also been using the Captain lately and obviously felt he had something to prove with a ditto. And prove he did. Mango must have felt his falcon could take M2Ks marth, fox, or falcon here. The risk of losing to a sheik would be worth it by giving Mango the last counterpick in match 5.

I don't see why everybody is making this out to be like M2K just quit. The counterpicking made sense. M2Ks plans just backfired. Mango is good with a lot of characters, and it makes counterpicking him EXTREMELY difficult. As for the in game errors? Well watch pretty much any professional sport, and it's easy to determine that no matter who you are, if you lose confidence, you lose the match. Mango got into his head. When you play a game like M2K does, so extremely precise, headgames can ruin you. Mango does this to everybody. If he's not beating you on the screen, he's in your head, and you've already lost.
Uh... no M2K just asked Mango not to go Puff cause he knew he couldn't beat it / didn't want to play against it at his current state.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Who cares what character M2K used. The matches were still good nonetheless, especially matches 2 or 3.

Oh yeah, and who cares if Pakman wanted the matches up or not. There was no reason NOT to put it up. Freaking stupid.

Green_Mario

Smash Journeyman
this is pb&j..nobody should listen to m2k when he says dont put so in so matches up..he should played marth or just played better...grand finals are a jk and make m2k look stupid thats y nobody at the tourny teally watched anything after game 1..mango stripped his pride away

again this is pb&j

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Uh... no M2K just asked Mango not to go Puff cause he knew he couldn't beat it / didn't want to play against it at his current state.
Ok I wasn't aware of that...so I'm not quite sure why M2K would have picked Falcon in the first match. His falcon is definitely good though. Perhaps just trying to spice it up? Either way it doesn't really matter. He may have not been going 100%. But that doesn't take anything away from the fact that he lost, and that the matches really aren't that bad.

Slinky

Smash Journeyman
Matches were pertty sucky cus these players can do better....overral....7/10

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
way too many johns for m2k

why the johns when he loses?

only he should john, not everyone for him

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
where are the johns lol

m2k played bad, those arent johns, its just true.
nah daughter

if i lose ill just say i played bad then

and then it will be ok and not a john

no

he lost because mango won

its that simple

no need for an explanation or analysis why

the result is all that matters

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
where are the johns lol

m2k played bad, those arent johns, its just true.
Who's to say Mango wasn't playing bad/making mistakes? Regardless of how well M2K played, HE JUST CAN'T BEAT MANGO.

So no johns please.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i think i can beat him if i get good again and play well. Prolly lose most of the time though. I used Falcon cuz my Fox was playing horrible and I wanted to try other matchups, anything but vs puff cuz I can't fight puff without Fox (I say this because I haven't beaten King w/ Marth/Sheik before, Hbox beats my marth/sheik like half the time and mango the majority on both, so I'm probably just really bad vs puff without playing good w/ fox) it wasn't to sandbag

edit - why are people still talking about this lol who cares

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Oh dear god, it's just 2 sides **** riding sooo hard.

1.) Mango is better.
2.) There's such a thing as a legit excuse. I swear if someone cut off M2K's hands during a match and he lost by 1 stock you all would go "OMFG M2K N0 JOHNS U GOT YO AZZ WHOOPED SHOULDA JUST PLAYED WITH YOUR FEET!"

-_-

Edit: M2K would post 2 mins before me. lmao.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
hell, yea, M2K playing falcon more and getting it even nastier would be awesome!!!!!1

I still think he should have just went marth the whole set. i think using marth would have made a lot of things different.

also, the sheik v falco matches were legit.

game 3 could have easily went either way. i thought M2K really has mango on corneria, and that would have made it 2-1 M2K, which would have also given him that morale boost to get him through the set.

-hiro

luminoth

Smash Rookie
If m2k was to go with marth he couldn't expect not to face puff. It would look like he was going all out but wanted mango to go easy on him. It would look pathetic.

And, in my n00b and irrelevant opinion, m2k wasn't up for another fight with a character he doesn't know how to play against just to get defeated 2 times in a row by mango. He admitted defeat and just went to try something else. He will have other opportunities. I think that's ok.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I asked him if he would wanna use other characters since I knew I was gonna lose anyway, so I went Falcon and he went Falco. I thought I'd win since I've 3 stocked Eggm twice with Falcon before and beat PC's Falco but I had a bad game and got *****. O well

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
i was actually gunna post earlier how i liked that m2k and mango were being bros about GFs
you could tell it was experimental
no marth
no puff
just fun

good **** guys
so much respect

strawhats

Smash Master
Either way these two guys are monsters and deserve credit for being good sports about the GF matches

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
I asked him if he would wanna use other characters since I knew I was gonna lose anyway, so I went Falcon and he went Falco. I thought I'd win since I've 3 stocked Eggm twice with Falcon before and beat PC's Falco but I had a bad game and got *****. O well
Well the fact that you gave him the option to switch characters is a bit different from asking him to not use certain character(s) due to matchup bias.

Thanks for clearing things up.

Oracle

Smash Master
I don't understand. If they faced each other in the winner's finals then how did they face each other again in grand finals?

Top Bottom