• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 3! WC coming strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alukard

Smash Hero
so yea this is the last rom and its in my home town im gonna take it watch me =)
ok jesus ... and its not the last rom ... people are not understanding wat i mean about this ... its just not gonig to stand for revival anymore after this ... because we will have all these beast tournies and people are travelling and saving up for majors and making everything 180+ ... melee is ****ing back ... i had 3 monthlies in a row have more the 40 people in ny .... but yea ... mayb if u practiced jesus ... or came over so i can play and just read ur habits like i always do ... i can help with ur mixups ... also u forgot to come through/call ... i'm posting here cuz ur online here more then aim now LOL

OK SO VERY IMPORTANT!

WE NEED A LOT OF SET UPS ... PEOPLE WE REALLY NEED U GUYS TO COME THROUGH ... PLEASE PLEASE POST IF U ARE 100% SURE ABOUT BRINGING A TV ... BECAUSE THE MORE TV'S THE MORE AMAZING ANY TOURNAMENT IS BECAUSE NO ONE HAS TO WAIT TO PLAY/MM/WARM UP.

MAYB I/SOMEONE SHOULD MAKE A THREAD .... IMA HIT THE BED NOW I GOTTA OPEN SHOP IN A FEW HOURS >_>

Alukard

Smash Hero
At least make a new title.

How many "revivals" are we gonna have? =3

I actually don't care btw.
the thing is i would love to change the name ... but people wont respect it without the name! LOL

its like going to get shrugged like its a random tourney! LOL

joeplicate

Smash Master
alright so i'm definitely coming to this tournament!

extreme love for my ec homies

i'm gonna buy my tickets tomorrow (or whenever's cheapest), but yeah

who can help me out with plans, housing, tour of nyc???

also i'm looking to do sick mms here

aziz where you at! i got 20 on it
i wanna have the crowd against me this time!!

so hyped

LuCKy

Smash Master
the thing is i would love to change the name ... but people wont respect it without the name! LOL

its like going to get shrugged like its a random tourney! LOL
I can go to NY anytime i want and its always gonna **** just cuz NY and its people are amazing. . . .but nothing will ever compare to ROM lol

so dont you dare change the name alu

I got that rom craving and only rom will satisfy it

DarrellD

Smash Ace
alright so i'm definitely coming to this tournament!

extreme love for my ec homies

i'm gonna buy my tickets tomorrow (or whenever's cheapest), but yeah

who can help me out with plans, housing, tour of nyc???

also i'm looking to do sick mms here

aziz where you at! i got 20 on it
i wanna have the crowd against me this time!!

so hyped
Come back to norcal already so i can tap that *** and laugh about it later =]

Who are you teaming with?

Frames

DI
yo alu dont change the name melee was revived after the first one and we still got 2 more out of it so u might as well keep it goin

look at final fantasy...that **** was supposed to be their last game...now they got 14 of these ****ers and they aint stopping soon...rom is just like that...it can be the ec dynasty series

Alukard

Smash Hero
yo alu dont change the name melee was revived after the first one and we still got 2 more out of it so u might as well keep it goin

look at final fantasy...that **** was supposed to be their last game...now they got 14 of these ****ers and they aint stopping soon...rom is just like that...it can be the ec dynasty series
o trust me these are amazing ... and i dont think i can ever make anything like ROM series happen without this name and the memories attached to this tournament series ... i mean sooo many people got their big upset and/or big break ... too good

anyway ROM always and 4ever!

Eggm

Smash Hero
Hey, I was wondering if we could have any matchup for money be best of 5. I think we will have enough time and its more hype for everyone watching and I mean if it determines money you should get a full set I think. So if you decide to pay until top 5 then the match who decides who gets 5th or 7th and every match after that should all be bo 5 IMO or if u pay top 8 the match for who gets 7th or 9th and then on. What do you think? I wish it were like that at apex cause watching the top 8 play was soooooo fun and woulda been more fun had the set's all been longer.

Edit : Should be like this at all tournies IMO. Even weeklies.

Alukard

Smash Hero
In norcal even semis are BO 5
i actually was going to do this for locals too

Hey, I was wondering if we could have any matchup for money be best of 5. I think we will have enough time and its more hype for everyone watching and I mean if it determines money you should get a full set I think. So if you decide to pay until top 5 then the match who decides who gets 5th or 7th and every match after that should all be bo 5 IMO or if u pay top 8 the match for who gets 7th or 9th and then on. What do you think? I wish it were like that at apex cause watching the top 8 play was soooooo fun and woulda been more fun had the set's all been longer.

Edit : Should be like this at all tournies IMO. Even weeklies.
yea i agree with u eggm... but first i have to wait till at least early november to sort that out so i can know who is 100% confirmed!! =]

Sounds good. EC is too fun.
^_- woop woop

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You know, Alukard, I just had an idea.

Since you are saying the REVIVAL part is being done... If REVIVAL is no longer needed, then instead the name should be changed to SURVIVAL of Melee?

Lol SOM. Course it'd be SOM1 to commerate that melee is REVIVED and is starting to survive, with the survival commeration.

or instead just do it like this... 1SOM. lol. 2SOM. 3SOM. You get my gist.

LLDL

Smash Hero
the name shouldn't change since its not trying to be a sequal, just a series. Just like genesis means beginings, but genesis 2, just means second beginning. but the point is to make the tourney a series of just one tournament, which is revival of melee.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
there should be a series called mad

melee all day

genesis 2 is a bad name just because of the fact that it means second begining and that makes no sense

rom3 is ok because you dont have to say revival of melee 3

you just say rom3

so its iight

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm fine with the name as well, but if alu ever wants to, than survival seems what one would HAVE to do after being revived. (since it wouldn't be stating that it's a sequel, but establishing that it ACTUALLY did something, lol)

More like an evolution. Or changing personas so people know where you are heading.

But yeah I'm fine with rom3 too lol, was just throwing that out. ;p

there should be a serious called mad

melee all day

genesis 2 is a bad name just because of the fact that it means second begining and that makes no sense

you just say rom3

so its iight
LOL dude I'm thinking of hosting tournies, can i has that name? : ] I'll give you FULL credit! : D I'll even quote you in my sig :3

LLDL

Smash Hero
yeah take it. MAD 1, just be like thanks to PC jona for the name

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
NOOOO YOU CANT HAVE IT

ITS MINE >:[

IM RUNNING A TOURNEY SERIES CALLED MAD

***** WATCHU GONA DO

kidding u can do w.e lol

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
LOL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh. ITS ALL MINE NOWWW haha

Eggm

Smash Hero
Well what's cool about saying "any match for money" instead of semi's is if that if the TO decides to pay deep you get to watch even more high level play once ur knocked out and also like I said before if your playing for money even if its like 15$ its still essentially a 15$ MM (which should be bo 5) IMO.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
nando beat hboxs falco

but nando is the best falcon in the world so yeah. i mean they changed apex pools and took shiz out of his pool cuz shiz was scared and started complaining.

nando2good

Frames

DI
there should be a serious called mad

melee all day

you just say rom3

so its iight
i mean u could say gen2 which would mean like "second generation" or something which would make more sense

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Party at Hazz's? I think so. Invite-only, you know who you are.

Jona I'll MM you at this, your Falcon v my whatever. Hopefully this is enough time for you to get decent at the game.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
I love how you didnt clarify whether you accepted or not. Stop hiding beind the comp and show me what the worst Captain Falcon in tri state can really do

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
wow

are you stupid

i asked for the mm like 2 months ago

should i clarify some more or do you understand me now?

and then your trying to say it like im scared hahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom