• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 3! WC coming strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Shut up Ugly.

If i do $20 in Melee, Do $50 in brawl.

I'll accept.
I don't play brawl though :(

plus this a melee only tournament. Ok how about $5-10 mm in melee then, don't worry im not that good :dizzy:

jk brah i ****

oh btw im not entering singles, so ima try and do mad mm's with everyone and watch ******* **** cheaaa hbox, my argentine amigo **** this

AXE 09

Smash Master
I have like a 50% chance of coming to this. It all depends on how I'll be financially at this time lol. I'm really hoping that I can make it!

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Vidjo will need a good teammate. Preferably a really good Fox but anything is acceptable. Whoever teams with him is pretty much guaranteed top 3 because he's really good at Melee teams.
Tell Vidjo to team with me on faith that I get better quick enough to **** with him in teams by this event. :bee:

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Vidjo will need a good teammate. Preferably a really good Fox but anything is acceptable. Whoever teams with him is pretty much guaranteed top 3 because he's really good at Melee teams.

*likes*

I still believe in midwest magic. I would be down in the case my regular partner dosent show.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
sorry alukard, but i think i'm done making hype videos for this tourney. i'm out of ideas. i've gone to a level of hype that hasn't been reached before.

i'm retired.

[scientology]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah prog, we neeeeeeeeed youuuuuuuu. You have to come to this... I'm goin! : D

ANTi_

Smash Hero
ooVideoGameGodoo: I'll carry you to first place in teams.

CHEA!

PK Webb

Smash Champion
I have like a 50% chance of coming to this. It all depends on how I'll be financially at this time lol. I'm really hoping that I can make it!
U better its so much fun chillin wit u.......plus ur pika/falco is mad ****

Alukard

Smash Hero
prog is coming to the tournament ranmaru ...starting to wonder if u even thinking/reading when u go on this site ...

I hope WC is ready !

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol. Yeah I posted that and didn't notice him meaning retiring from hyping up videos.

Just tl;dr and saw RETIRED and then posted that.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
i wanna post in another place besides west coast haha.

waddup east coast.

i'll be attending this glorious event.

after the tournament i'm going to pg county which is where my fam lives. thanksgiving son. any smash heads live around there?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmmm, now that I think about it... What big tournies are there gonna be in wc?

LuCKy

Smash Master
I'm 85% sure I can go to this >: ) cause Joey said he wanted to drag me there since NY is toooooo good.

-Cathy

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yo Alukard, i was thinking. At Apex, if you take a look at the video the vast majority of the bracket was recorded. It's almost all the bracket matches thanks to our recorders and vgbootcamp. There are a few vids missing, I was told by some players that they didn't go to a recording setup because they didn't care. I was thinking for Rom 3 singles we should have a front row with 6 7 or 8 recording setups and have all the bracket matches recorded on them, and enforce a rule and announce which setup the match has to be played on so they don't go to a private corner tv for their match, that kind of annoys me. Or if they want to play somewhere else it has to be a recording setup. That was we focus less on recording pools and all the matches can get recorded.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yo Alukard, i was thinking. At Apex, if you take a look at the video the vast majority of the bracket was recorded. It's almost all the bracket matches thanks to our recorders and vgbootcamp. There are a few vids missing, I was told by some players that they didn't go to a recording setup because they didn't care. I was thinking for Rom 3 singles we should have a front row with 6 7 or 8 recording setups and have all the bracket matches recorded on them, and enforce a rule and announce which setup the match has to be played on so they don't go to a private corner tv for their match, that kind of annoys me. Or if they want to play somewhere else it has to be a recording setup. That was we focus less on recording pools and all the matches can get recorded.
The only reason for not enforcing this would be time constraints.

7-8 matches at once isn't enough to run a giant tourney like Apex, RoM etc.

Alukard

Smash Hero
The only reason for not enforcing this would be time constraints.

7-8 matches at once isn't enough to run a giant tourney like Apex, RoM etc.
couldn't have said it better myself ...

and also i dont like making people record their matches. If they dont want to be recorded then they dont have to be... if people want to see those matches. They should go to these majors.

CATHYYYYYY AND JOEYYYYYYYY so much WC attendance ... i'm hyped!!!

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I agree with this. I definitely would like to see all bracket matches recorded, and 8 setups is definitely enough to get it done so long as match-calling goes well and people actually are around.

I think well-documented recording is one thing that gets people hyped up for these things, and actually gets them wanting to attend. After watching the Apex live stream videos, I just wanted to smash, improve, and get prepared for the next big tournament. Recording has been really really good lately, but stepping it up would only improve things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom