• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 3 "upsetting" results!!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
who did the top 10 use? just wondering.....
I'm gonna guess

1: Dr. PeePee Falco
2: m2k Marth/Sheik/Fox
3: kirbykaze Sheik
4: jesus Idk
5: hbox Jiggs
5: lucky Fox
7: darc Jiggs
7: kayle Idk
9: mango Falco?
9: macd Idk
9: eggm Idk
9: hugs Samus?

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
I'm gonna guess

1: Dr. PeePee Falco
2: m2k Marth/Sheik/Fox
3: kirbykaze Sheik
4: jesus fox
5: hbox Jiggs
5: lucky Fox
7: darc Jiggs
7: kayle Idk
9: mango falcon i think for the most part, and some fox/falco/link lmao
9: macd peach
9: eggm fox
9: hugs Samus
fixed in quotes

**** venom for getting it before me
but you double posted so it doesn't count.

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman
First off thanks to Alukard and the TO staff for running the event. I had an awesome time, definitely coming back next year.

I really feel like everybody played their best at this, nobody should be disappointed with their performance. The Sheik players really impressed me with KK ****** bracket and Tope beasting through teams. Even the sheik players in my pool were really good. I was glad to see so many people playing sheik. Now if only Marth got the same amount of support...

Shoutouts:

PP - I'm not gonna lie, I was a little reluctant to count you as one of the top 5 players until now, but you won my vote very quickly. The way you played against M2K so perfectly and calmly really impressed me. Amazing job and congratulations on the win.

M2K - Never stop, we all love you. If for no other reason, at least show up to melee tourneys for the fans.

Guys in my pool- Good matches everyone. You guys were on point with everything, really took me to school. I learned a lot though despite getting my *** whooped.

Crismas and Malfunkshun - Had fun playing you guys. Funk you got a lot better since Apex. A little Marth ditto practice goes a long way, and keep up with that Mario. Crismas, just give me a little time and I vow one day to defeat your peach.

That guy who ***** me with sheik - I really learned a lot playing you man. Wish I had gotten that knowledge before I played my pool full of sheik players. Come to tourneys, you said you were from NJ but I've never seen you at one.

Strawhats - Good matches, Marth dittos are always fun.

Minic - I was really impressed with your link, I felt so helpless trying to fight you. Take him to the top.

Tope - Had fun playing teams with you and trolling with Pikachu. Awesome job beating Darc and M2K.

Stric - Good times playing teams with you. Hopefully I won't be such a shackle next time. You did really well, next time it'll be you and M2K up there.

Kwan - We didn't play but I was really impressed with your DK. I play with NJzfinest sometimes, and I could tell you knew what you were doing. So good with those upB kills.

Nando - So much hype vs Yay, you did a good job. You guys should rematch so nobody can make johns about that loss from the pause, I'm sure you can do it again.

Prog - Ultimate champions of RPS, I still can't believe there was hype generated from that. Good job getting 300 people to sit there and watch a black screen while you typed in commentary. Melee is awesome.

That's that. This community deserves to be kept alive for as long as possible. This post is way longer than I intended it to be >_>

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
Shoutouts!

Animal - Really glad we teamed and got through pools into bracket, sucks you didn't do so hot in singles but its just a learning experience. Keep up the aggro fox style, I expect some pretty big things from you.

Prog - Im gonna miss you Wynton, you've been an awesome part of the smash community and I was glad I got to hang out with for what may have been the last time. Hopefully you'll still come around and we can still smash it up on occasion :D

HBox - Good to see you again Juan, its tough having to face PP every tournament and it seems he just got the better of you this time around. Don't worry, it only proves you're human and you creates another goal for you in the future.

Dr Pee Pee - Kevin, CONGRATS on this win. You really deserved it after the way you played and after all the work you've put into. You've convinced me that you're the best Falco and the fact you can only improve is scary, I wish you the best of luck in your future events.

Darc - Good to see you man, thanks for the doubles practice and I hope to see you at Pound. (I'll break your crutch kid)

Mew2King - Awesome getting to play you and Darc in team's for that half hour or so. You're so **** good It'd be such a shame for you to quit. Keep being **** man, hope to see you in the future

PBnJ - Good seeing you again Evan, you look liked you're improving. Those doubles matches were intense and I hope to play you again in tournament soon.

Cobalt - GG's man, those falco dittos were fun!

Wenbo - GG's, falcon dittos were pure sex

Roor - FALCON DITTOS ERR DAY ALL DAY, GET DAT YOSHI ISH GOIN ON TOO

Sneak - GG's in pools man. You got me this time, maybe I shoulda busted out the ganon again haha. Your Falco is your best character, you really know what you're doing with him. You should stick with it and keep doin like you do.

G$ - Slidymoves everywhere, don't giva ****. GG's in pools man.

T Webb - WOW, you've gotten SOOOOOO good SOOOOOO fast it's scary. Hope I get to play you more in the future and see how much better you've gotten.

Captain Abdul Aziz Achmed Douglas Jay Falcon Al-Yami - Good seeing you again my dude. We'll get some matches in next time, you've really inspired my Falcon recently. Keep being **** man.

ROCKCROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK - Good seeing you, glad you made it out to this event. Was a lot of a fun, i'll see you back in FL :D

HugS - Awesome to finally meet you. I grew up watching you play and finally getting to play you was pretty special.

MacD - Glad you came, was good seeing you again. Your peach is so **** impressive.

Lovage - OSCAAAAR. Good games man, thanks for the advice and it was nice to finally meet you. I'm sure i'll see you again in the future (and i'll be sure to bring colbol too :D)

HugQ - MAD RESPECT. Your Samus is great, keep playing and ******.

Laijin - Fellow lucario main, good to see you again. We didn't get to play but next time we deff will :D

Vicious - GG's man. Those falco dittos were mad fun, hope to play you again in the future.

Kage - Good seeing you again, we didn't get to play that MM but I'll take your money next time :D

Tag - GG's man. You're a lot of fun to play, hope to see you in the future.

Codi - We didn't get to play but I can tell you've improved. Keep at it, you'll be beastin sooner than you think :)

Mango - Good seeing you again sir, too bad e didn't play, it's all good though. I'll just **** you in CS next time you're on. Baddie.

Niko - GG's even though we only got to play a little bit. Your marth is so ****ing beast it makes me wanna start playing him more seriously.

Tuna - IONOHOWILOSTODATSCRUBTUNA

Pc Jona - IN TOURNAMENT FOOL. Good to see you man, we'll play more next time I'm around.

SmashJin - We didn't play :( next time Im around i'll be sure to let you know and we'll get some games in :)

SwiftBass - Good to see you again, wish we had gotten in some friendlies. You're mad fun to play.

Thats all I can think of for right now, if I forgot you i'm sorry! This tournament was a lot of fun and really shined some light on where I stand compared to my peers. I hope to see a lot of you guys in the future.

pz

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts:

I <3 RoM. Every single one has been an amazing tournament, and the fact that my favorite player, PP, ***** at this made it even more amazing.

First round Pools:

scar: youre so fast :( my only loss in pools I refuse to lose to you again, cant wait till you come back to EC we never get to just sit down and play!
Spife: super cool dude, keep it up you'll only get better. we need fun guys like u around to keep us laughing.
pb&j: sry we had to play you definitely feel like a NY that shine turnaround upsmash ***** spotdodges >.>.
roor: i was a lil mad you didnt take our set seriously i was looking forward to playing ur falcon.
pat: First tourneys are always rough (especially majors) dont be afraid to ask ppl for tips youll find most ppl are helpful and nice.

West Coast:

Mango: Link??? really??? <3 what a jerk. Your marth is pretty **** you should switch mains :D
Lucky: never get to play you good ****.

WAFFLES: MY DUDE BRANDON. youre super chill bro and you really make me wanna go to west coast! had mad fun commentating and supporting you and even playing u in pools! good **** in bracket u played soooo much better day2.

Darrell: good **** coming out here and repping samus. had super fun playing you at Dan's house, you definitely gave me a lot of helpful tips vs samus. I thought u were an a-hole at first cuz i just heard u making fun of ppl and trash talking wit hugs in ur round1 pools, but after getting to know you ur a really cool dude! come back soon!

hugs: i really wanted to play u :(

Bracket:

KK: I felt our set was pretty close but ur set vs PP made me think u were just playing bad vs me. i look forward to playing you again, u wont beat me again!

KevinM: good **** meeting your goal. mine was top 10 and i didnt make mine :(. good set.

Winston: sorry u got so demoralized bro. falcos gay in general.

G$: im still pretty mad about that SD in game 3 and those missed edgeguards. u better keep training cuz im not losing again.

Special Shoutouts:

Commentating Crew (Hazz,D1,Waffles): watching the matches with you guys was a blast, wish it couldve been full screend :D. we need to do this EVERY major :D

Brawl Players (pierced, ally): Ya know ya wanna come to melee dont even act ;)

Nando: hypest set of the day by far. i should upload the pics of the crowd. im so mad u lost to a luigi was looking forward to playing u.

NC (YAY, PP): omg the teamwork is amazing. the personalities are amazing. Grats again to Kevin. definitely my favorite player to this day and motivating me to take this game serious again. I will be going down south soon to visit ya and get that south training. Cant wait for the picks of me and G$ on the table making 2 P's like cheerleaders and chanting for you u in bracket!

White Mike and Idris: good looks on the support im not so sure i woulda pulled it out without ya there.

Enzo, WK: my homeboys without them this weekend would not have been possible.

Alukard + Staff: <3 theres really no other way to put it other then spamming <3333333
you guys were so chill and sooo fun. lets hang out soon.

Ben: 17th :( Quit or top 5 next major? decisions decisions....

Laijin

Smash Hero
k shoutouts:

Rockcrock: Good matches. Your ganon is still amazing. =)

Kevin M & Haley M: OMG ITS KEVIN M. GGs in pools. Good job on making it out of pools Haley M!

DruggedFox: Our teamwork was really good. But not good enough.. :( Next time! When I visit GA we should def. play more.

Ranmaru: I'll play you next time I see you!

Hugs: I didn't know who you were at first lol. But that was an awesome Samus vs YL mm. We should def. play again next time

West Virginia smash crew: You guys are awesome! Thanks for the ride up there. You guys could have done a lot better, just tourney nerves seemed to get to you. :( Get out to more tournaments and you get used to it

Eggm: I AM THE REAL LAIJIN. Fun Yoshi vs YL mm. We should do it again sometime. Easily the most fun match I had all tournament

DJ Nintendo: That was a fun set. We should do it again sometime. Bowser's u-air is just sooo slow. The moment you it me with it DAT BENCH broke. :( LOL

Kirby Kaze, Dr. PP: Good job! Didn't get to play either of you guys though. :( Next time!

PB&J: Dude. Your really good in teams. Good stuff.

Variola: holy**** you have grey hair. its awesome haha. Husband thought you were white o_O

Husband & Wife: Fun car ride. Shared lots of interesting stories. Lesson learned: Don't stop at pit stops for food. :( Those prices are so ****.

Alukard & other T.Os: Thanks for hosting! You guys were really nice the entire time and I really did enjoy the event(despite that other thread I have in melee discussion forum ;O). I just simply thought some things could have been better. But overall, thanks for hosting.

Crismas: Tekken Ling Xiaouyu figurine. I wish I could have gotten it. :(

Hero: You should have entered! Tired johns are lame. lol

Snap: Nice seeing you again bro

Yay: You're hillarious as always

Hungrybox: I really wanted to play you again :( Shame. We'll do it next time!

Vanz & D20: Awesome Young Link dittos. Next time we have to record them haha.

Project: Nice seeing you again! We almost played...lol. We'll play for sure next time.

Naka & The Lake: You guys are really good in teams. Next time I'm sure you'll do well. Nice playing you again! I totally forgot that I really wanted to play Lake in friendlies. YL vs Zelda :( Next time!

Vudujin(SP?): Really close sets we had. Its always fun playing you.

$Mike: Fun sets. You were pretty fun to play as well.

To everyone else I did not mention: Good times guys. I love this community. <3

DJRome

Smash Hero
KirbyKaze got 3rd at ROM3.
Kage got 3rd at ROM2.

KirbyKaze beat Mango at ROM3.
Kage beat Mango at ROM2.

KirbyKaze got knocked out by PP at ROM3.
Kage got knocked out by PP at ROM2.

KirbyKaze is from Canada.
Kage is from Canada.

Whoa.
basically if you beat mango, prepare to lose to pp

see wobbles @ apex

TheGoat

Smash Ace
So hype, I wish I could have come. Shoutout to Darrell and Brandon for doing so well.

About mango: people say he used falcon, marth, and link; he used these guys in doubles too, I presume?

$mike

Smash Ace
fun tournament. some shoutouts:

Hax – Your Falcon really convinced me man. I enjoyed the hell out of those dittos and you’re a cool dude. Looking forward to playing you in the future and ****.
Nando – I was on fire when I was playing you the first day. That Red Ranger is unstoppable. But anyway you’re my dude, good **** beating Yay and keep going hard.
Scar – Didn’t get a chance to play you, but I really wanted to. Plus me and Nando wanted to get a mm with you and Hax, but somehow M2k stole his spot. Hopefully sometime in the future. And the only other thing I have to say is that 3 stock comeback on Tope brought justice to Falcons all over the world.
PP – The day before the tournament, I told you you’d win the whole thing. Grats man, the Catfish lives on.
Tope – Shoutouts to that shirt.
Cam – G’****, crepes. So glad you came to this. Me and you are gonna be ill in teams in due time. Gboro in a few weeks, get ready for some grapes.
Snap – Chillin with you was legit. Didn’t realize how much I missed my NC *****s.
Yay - Your trash talk is the funniest **** on the planet. My most highlighted memory of you at this is the ridiculous squinty face you made when Mango beat Kage with Link. LLllliiink.
Th0rn – Billy, I can’t stop taunting when I play you, lol. Good stuff as always, but we gotta rep NE harder next time.
Morgue – Your mini-commentary on Falcon matches is hilarious man. You're a true Falcon main. Keep stepping it up, and don’t get discouraged.
KevinM – I was looking forward to chillin and smashing with you the night before. Mad disappointed you didn’t show, but hopefully we’ll have a little fest or something soon.
Zoso/Arc – Hope to see you two enter (singles) tournaments in the future.
Prog – Nice meeting you. I meant to chill/talk/play with you but I never got the chance. But mad props to you for doing some recording and the stream thing.
AxelSlam – I think you’re the one who commented on my Madvillain shirt. Good **** for liking good music.
Tec0 – You’re a lucky man.

shoutouts to everyone else i played and talked to as well.

Top Bottom