• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 3 "upsetting" results!!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Shoutouts:

Bracket:

KK: I felt our set was pretty close but ur set vs PP made me think u were just playing bad vs me. i look forward to playing you again, u wont beat me again!
...didn't I 3-stock you the first game? And 2-0 you? That's not really close >__>

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Oh man, this tourny was awesome. I'm glad I made the decision to try and make it

Hoyo - Sood playing with ya at the train station. Sorry I couldn't help you pay off that fee. x.x. My pockets were pretty limited that day or else I'd help you out. Keep a look out for me online. I wants commissions :p

Crismas - You looked so cool in your mikey gloves and MLG gear. I wish I could've had a friendly with ya. =/

KevinM - Finally got to meet the Mafia man. Your fox is stupid btw. D: I'll try and kick your *** at the next tourny we're at.

HaileyM - I couldn't see it too well from the start, but you provided a really good show. Too bad you didn't win =/. It matters little though, since it was still amazing. we gotta play sometime :D

Yedi/macman - Bleh, I wish I could've played a few more matches with ya. x.x I did worse then before when we first met. Keep it up man

Alex - good to see you, man. Thanks for providing the equipment. ^^

Alukard - awesome tourny. It was nice to attend. I just wished your directions to get from NYC to the tourny was a little clearer. I wasn't even sure which type of train to take! (Meaning I was unsure to take the NJ transit or the Amtrak train) XD. Please provide a bit more detail next year :p

Daph/Dork (alu plz pass this along) - OMG, it was such a surprise seeing ya. we gotta talk/hang out a bit more often. Thanks for helping alu with the tourny. It's really appriciated

Venom NY - good to see you too man. we should play a match or two

Vanz - Thanks for the small tips for improvement and thanks for helping me back home

Guy driving me - 1000x thanks for helping me! Had you not been able to help me, I'd walk back to the NJ transite by myself. x.x;;

D1 - my d00d! good stuff at the tourny. I'm sorry I couldn't root for ya in person sunday. D: Keep it up man!

Vicious/Hazzard/Dark - my god you three ****ed me up pretty badly. LOL Thanks for the matches guys

Pakman - good seeing ya in person

Prog - Heya prog, thanks for helping out and providing commentary

There's probably a few more I'm forgetting, so if so, sorry. x.x

unknown522

Some guy
...didn't I 3-stock you the first game? And 2-0 you? That's not really close >__>
lol, wow.

lol you had plent of time to sleep

not like you had to drive =p
Being in shotgun means that I can't sleep. Also, we drove there during the afternoon/evening.

That's not where the problem was, "sleeping" on the floor was. Still, say we get to where we have to stay by 3-4AM. We still had to wake up at like 7-8AM each morning and that = 0-1 hours of sleep for me because the floor, or things on the floor is not cool.

Next time I want to just sleep in the car if we're being housed by someone. Like, I appreciate the housing, and I can't really complain because it was free, but yeah I'm gonna just stay in the car next time hopefully.

R00R

Smash Journeyman
Ben-Teezee : Sorry for not giving a ****, we had both already made it out of pools so I wanted to try playing completely reckless. Plus I hate playing good falcos and I wanted to try out pika as a possible secondary/counterpick.

Scar : Good games in pools, Im just glad I didnt get wrecked like last time... Thanks for the complement it means a lot coming from a great falcon player.

Spife : Your sheik had me scared. You def kept it close after game 1. Close set.

PB&J : I could tell you were getting frustrated while you were playing me and messing up. Calm those nerves son. Your tech is amazing you just need to play smarter. =)

Pat : Always good to see someone trying to break into melee. Doc and Marth are like my 2 best match ups so you had **** luck with your character selection. Keep playing you will get better.
P.S. DOUBLE 4 STOCK *****

Tec0 : God your sheik ***** me bad. I thought you had that set against Unknown. It was still an amazing set.

Woz : GGs Nice fox, bad luck on BF
You are loud as **** LOL

Unknown : You ***** me slightly less then you did at Rom2. Small victory lol

Who ever the **** seeded all of my pools: **** You

Tag / Serge : My ***** it was mad fun chillen and getting high as **** all during day 2. LOL

Kage : Now I know why you are so good at Ganon, its that Canadian weed! You are chill, I wish we could have got in some singles.

Chillen : your reputation precedes you, mad chill. =D
good **** in doubles

702 : Prob the most fun I have had in a while was our team friendlies on all the whack stages. My car reeeeeks from when we boxed it LOL.

Everyone else I smoked with : BYOW need time... lol

Pr0ject: Amazing Falcon dittos, loltastic

KevinM : I cant wait to talk most **** next time I play you.

RockCrock : ***** I had you that 2nd game. Mad salty that the only friendly we got to finish was on Fod. Awesome ganon

Hax : Sorry for Dblocking you, but I couldnt let get in the back with TVs, I wasnt going to risk someones safety like that.

TheLake : Zelda is gay. Why can that ***** knee twice in 1 short hop. lol
You and VaNz should team, Double zelda would **** hah.

Darrell : ***** you didnt want to friendly because I would have tapped, just admit it.

HMW : Nor Cal baby, always good to see you.

D1 : always a pleasure

Hbox : You are mad chill and fun to hang out with.

M2k : You ****ing ***** me at Johns house. All of your sets were amazing. Dont quit, you are on the verge of a comeback.

Dr. Pee Pee : In a few months I wouldn't be surprise if you were considered the best player in the world. You are truly inspiring

VaNz : Happy Birthday! Thanks for making me good against sheik. lol

PC JONA!?!?!?!?!?!?! : real *****

tuna : Kinda sad we didnt play friendlies really, I need to get at that sheik.

Niko : Death pools suck. You def should have made bracket.

otg : You are a ***** for not coming, **** the Grateful Dead

Prog : BEST DOUBLE FALCON EVER
Why did we never MM Scar and Hax? I was so down....

Teams
MacD & KK : Gay

Chops and PB&J : Rainbow cruise ftw! Im glad John and I were able to take a game lol. Fun set, chops your tech is too sexy.

Pr0ject and Animal: Beast double fox, great team work.

Alukard : thanks for host
sorry for taking the TVs but I had already stayed way longer then I wanted to.

Bahhh thats all I can think of... GG to all =)

TheGoat

Smash Ace
darkrain has a life. silentspectre never travels.
Lol, I know. Regardless of their reasons for not being present at rom3, it seems to me that in the future they are going to be melee falcon legends, like Isai. That's why I made the analogy.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
My first tournament was ****ing amazing. Thank you Alukard and everyone else involved, TOs and players. This community is the best.<333

Shoutouts:

PP: You're beast dude. Wayyy too good, even though I hate Falco. :p Congrats on winning.

M2K: Sloppyyyyy :( You ***** so hard anyways... shake the rust and the next Grand Finals are all yours.

KK: I'm deff a fanboy now... you're soooo good. So hyped when you took a set from PP. I wish my Sheik was half as good as yours.<3 Sorry we didn't get to MM. :/ I'll let you **** me and take my money next time. Good ****.

Chops: ***** us in teams pools pretty hard... one of the best Falcos in the world no doubt. You're a mad chill dude tho, & good **** in brackets.

PB&J: One of the nicest dudes I met for sure. Gave me and EnV teams tips. :D Your Fox is madddd good. Deff gotta **** us in teams again sometime. ggs.

Diesel: Your Ganon is tighttttt, ****. You would've ***** me hard if I wasn't Sheik. ^_^ ggs, hope to play you again.

macD: ***** us in teams pools. you're a beast. ggs!

Animal: Your Fox is mad good, keep working on it. gg whooping us in teams pools.

ROOR: You're a lot better than me haha. ggs in teams pools.

Hbox: Disappointed a fanboy. You'll win next tourney.

Mango: I wish you would try.<3

Husband & Wife: Learned a lot from getting ***** by you guys in teams friendlies... your teamwork is seriously ridiculous. ggs.

DJ Nintendo: You 3stocked me. With Bowser. Holy **** you're good. Hope to play you a lot more in the future, ggs.

-

Again thank everyone for making my first tournament one of the best weekends of my life. I had so much fun and learned a ton. This community = <3333333333333
Went 0-8 in teams pools and had the time of my life. ^_^

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Why are lower level players make it seem like pros have to 4 stock them for it not to be close? Do you know how hard it is to do that a lot? =P

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Why are lower level players make it seem like pros have to 4 stock them for it not to be close? Do you know how hard it is to do that a lot? =P
in a lot of matchups I think high level players can 3 stock low level players quite easily. Basically if the lower level player plays a non-floaty and the high level player plays fox/falco/sheik/marth.

peoples' punish games are just getting so good that all it takes is a couple of mistakes for an extremely lopsided match...

DarrellD

Smash Ace
Super fun tournament and it was great meeting all of the EC. Mad fun at hazz's house, the man is so legit =]

Warrior Knight is way to cool and BenTeezy is a funny guy. Thanks for hanging out with me until my flight.

PP/Yay you guys are so cool and i cant wait to see you guys again.

Chillin - Whatever

Everyone else was mad legit and really fun to be around. Cant wait for the next RoM guys <3

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I just realized.

I beat Mango and lost to PP.

LMFAO its a conspiracy!

And didn't wobbles, who also beat mango at apex, lose to PP at apex? and if eggz lost to PP at apex too, then SHIIIIIIIIIIIi
Cyrain beat Eggz, just fyi. Pretty hilarious though.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm

Strawhats - So awesome seeing you randomly at the venue. Sorry we didn't get to play any, I wanted to make the most of playing people I won't get the chance to for awhile.

Husband - Calling Wife over during our game 3 in R2 pools. "He took me to brinstar, BRINSTAR, with Jigglypuff and won 2 stocks". That was so funny xD

G-Money - Thank you for the advice and I'll show you how much better I get at Pound5 :D.

Kwon - Nice DK. Wanted to have a legit set, so that's why I saved you in game 3 xD. It was meaningless, but that didn't mean it had to have a lame ending.

Sion - Man, I can't believe I didn't know who you were. My buddy S l o X told me when I texted him about you xD, top 5 in canada. Fastest person I've ever played, by far.

No Cash - Keeping working on your Marth, and don't quit >:o

S l o X - Fail for not coming to the tournament in wallingford or this.

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
Wish I coulda came I luv being mad rich and able to afford to go to ne tourney i want :p

ne ways good **** canada... David i will watch all the videos when i can... good **** homie..

also who the **** is kayle and sion... get that weak **** outta here :p

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
oh man u 3stocked me in my first match let me go cry in a corner... so hard to do that as shiek vs falco... oh wellz didnt realize u were gonna be a jerk about it.

and kage why would u think its not close if u didnt 4stock the newer player? I personally think what makes ppl pro is their ability to deal with outside factors better than newer players (nervousness, crowd factors, and such) KK obviously demonstrated that he was able to do that better than alot of ppl this tournament. but whatever ill just have to MM all of canada next major to pay for my expenses.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
lol, I think you're going to have to sleep outside instead if you are going to do that.

Ya also if you get 15-0 no matter 1 stock or 3 stocks, it's not even close at all.

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
i think any match where both players are thinking and making good choices and going back n forth is close. regardless of if that one particular match i managed to get a couple good reads back to back or if u did. I think anyone that has played extended friendlies with someone and the matches were "close" there were lopsided matches at some point during the session. ppl get perfected in SF in highest level matches does anyone say its not close? one match doesnt mean anything.

i played 2 matches with KK and i felt like he capitalized on my mistakes better than i did on his hence the 2-0. i in no way thought he stomped me, nor do i think i was so below him that he didnt have to think to beat me.

haha kage i actually wanted to MM u over the weekend but i wound up not even playing at all (outside of tourney matches) had to much fun commentating and hanging out. But i think i might actually do that next time ya all come down ;)

pockyD

Smash Legend
well obviously if you make up a new definition for "close" instead of using the real definition, you can consider anything "close"

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
ok well if u feel any better game 2 he beat me with 1 stock 60-80%... is that close?

pockyD

Smash Legend
i personally don't know or care

just saying that just because it 'feels' close to you doesn't mean it 'feels' close to the other person

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
lol @ the people saying top players sandbagged.

lolololololololooll

Everyone here probably went hard as ****. Why would you sandbag in top ten? no one ****in sandbagged, those *****s just LOST! LMAO ROFL!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

Top Bottom