• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm Gorf, Town Walrus Hunter. Every night I can hunt Walrus using either a Potato, Apple, or Orange, and can pick a person to hunt with. I was not told at all what the different items did. Night 1 I hunted walrus with J with an apple, and as a result the hunt was "hazy" and I would up with his cloak of invisibility.

Last night I chose to hunt Walrus with a potato with J again, the results were "hazy" again but I wasn't told of anything happening.

That just leaves me with an orange left, and a lighter.

The cloak of invisibility completely stops the person from being tracked or seen at all, and I do not believe it's a town item. Since I knew my steal of J's item was a one time use I didn't bring it up when Ryu said his phone was stolen, since there's no reason for there to not be a permanent item thief, and didn't bring up the cloak at all because it's not a bingo and I didn't want to out my role when J was scummy enough to get lynched anyways.

When the idea of there being 2 item thieves was first brought up, was the same time everyone started saying "he must be scum, lynch on sight", so yeah to be honest I had no interest jumping into that mess to correct people and explain what probably happened.

Maven89

Smash Master
If you're confused, apples, potatos, and oranges are common items used to create a makeshift device to smoke illegal garden plants out of

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So you stole my item N1 and then N2 when it was mod-confirmed that I got a new item, you targetted me again?

Just clarifying this fact.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm still a dozen pages away from being finished with the read-through, but I think it's better for me to start voicing thoughts now.

First things first. Ryker is not clear for being confirmed Jailer, and nobody should pretend otherwise. Scum jailers are definitely a thing, especially considering we have a confirmed indy faction. The fact that people randomly think he's town just because of his role feels extremely shady to me, and if he's scum, then we seriously need to look into everyone who made that claim.

Secondly, the people I'm currently focusing on during my read-through of D2 are Red Ryu and Ryker. They're currently my top scum picks.

Red Ryu's D1 play is terrible, and what I've read so far of his D2 play has not improved. He's been extremely passive except for the bit where it becamse him vs Rake, his scumhunting is close to minimal, and in D1 there was way too much in the way of questions without followup. I don't have much of an opinion on his role shenanigans, but his actual play has not sat well with me.

Ryker 's D1 play was similarly terrible, I dislike how he was pushing lynches without having read the thread, and the way he approached Rake vs Ryu seemed to be pushing the lynch away from Ryu without openly defending him. His #928 is one of the few posts that addresses Ryu directly, and note the tone he takes.

Laundry said:
What reason does he[Red Ryu] have for it as town?
A complete lack of paying attention. I'm not the one claiming it's indicative of alignment. I keep trying to throw him a bone and he refuses to pick it up. I am utterly frustrated because I don't want this day phase to be over with Ruy being the only discussion point.
Most of the time he just totally ignores Ryu as a possible target, and is instead pushing Rake as hard as possible for reasons that just don't make any sense. If Ryu flips scum, Ryker needs to die immediately.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Alright, I'm still a dozen pages away from being finished with the read-through, but I think it's better for me to start voicing thoughts now.

First things first. Ryker is not clear for being confirmed Jailer, and nobody should pretend otherwise. Scum jailers are definitely a thing, especially considering we have a confirmed indy faction. The fact that people randomly think he's town just because of his role feels extremely shady to me, and if he's scum, then we seriously need to look into everyone who made that claim.

Secondly, the people I'm currently focusing on during my read-through of D2 are Red Ryu and Ryker. They're currently my top scum picks.

Red Ryu's D1 play is terrible, and what I've read so far of his D2 play has not improved. He's been extremely passive except for the bit where it becamse him vs Rake, his scumhunting is close to minimal, and in D1 there was way too much in the way of questions without followup. I don't have much of an opinion on his role shenanigans, but his actual play has not sat well with me.

Ryker 's D1 play was similarly terrible, I dislike how he was pushing lynches without having read the thread, and the way he approached Rake vs Ryu seemed to be pushing the lynch away from Ryu without openly defending him. His #928 is one of the few posts that addresses Ryu directly, and note the tone he takes.

Most of the time he just totally ignores Ryu as a possible target, and is instead pushing Rake as hard as possible for reasons that just don't make any sense. If Ryu flips scum, Ryker needs to die immediately.
Do me a favor and read everything, there is a reason people don't want me dead right now.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Do me a favor and read everything, there is a reason people don't want me dead right now.
I'm in the process of doing that, but need I remind you this game has 1800 posts? Haven't had to read this much since Time Travelers, and I was in that game from the start.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm in the process of doing that, but need I remind you this game has 1800 posts? Haven't had to read this much since Time Travelers, and I was in that game from the start.
I'll be frank, a lot of your post, while showing a catch-up, isn't up to date with a ton of the new info we got so a lot of those reads aren't really where the focus should be, Kantrip visiting 3 times with a confirmed bus key, Maven took J's cloak as well and has a...weird claim.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I don't think anyone who was in that game read it. Props to you.

Maven89

Smash Master
So you stole my item N1 and then N2 when it was mod-confirmed that I got a new item, you targetted me again?

Just clarifying this fact.
Yep, with a potato. I was hoping itd role block or kill you or do something else that would negatively impact you

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yep, with a potato. I was hoping itd role block or kill you or do something else that would negatively impact you
Your tunnel of my slot, if you are town, is seriously negatively effecting the game at this point. Get over your hard on for me that literally has no point in standing now. Especially when we have a confirmed scum in one of Kanty or a lying Ryu (which lol no).

Though, you are more than likely the Indy especially with that claim so keep at it I guess? If you stole my cloak or at least knew of two theives then why the heck did you not come about when Ryu claimed that his cell-phone was stolen? Also if you were the town thief and had that info you should have pressed Ryu more on the fact that he claimed something was stolen.

So yeah, your actions do not line up with your day play at all.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Okay holy **** this game is blowing my mind right now. A lot of this stuff needs to be cross referenced I suppose.

Kanty what was your rational for your bus driver targets?

J, Bard told you specifically you saw a jail and redirect visit Spak Night 1?

I am RosalineSGS, town antidote doctor. I have four pills that cure poisoning, and each Night I can give one player a pill. Night 1 I gave a pill to, you guessed it, Laundry. Same with Night 2 (except it's Nich now).

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yeah it said Jail and Redirect, but nothing else effected Spak that night.

And can you claim something else? Please.

I'm begging...

#HBC | Dancer

The cloak of invisibility completely stops the person from being tracked or seen at all, and I do not believe it's a town item. Since I knew my steal of J's item was a one time use I didn't bring it up when Ryu said his phone was stolen, since there's no reason for there to not be a permanent item thief, and didn't bring up the cloak at all because it's not a bingo and I didn't want to out my role when J was scummy enough to get lynched anyways.
@Bold: After J role claimed though this should have been a bingo for you. Why not bring it up then, especially with people going back and forth between Rake and J?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Alright, time to take a look at all the night action crap and see if I can figure it out.

Ryu tracked Kantrip to targeting Fand twice and WATT once.

Kantrip claimed redirector, and that he swapped Fand/WATT along with giving something to Fand. This verifies Ryu's information, so it's reasonable to assume Ryu was telling the truth and that Kantrip is actually a bus-driver.

Ryker claimed to have jailed WATT. Given the redirect, this means Fand should have been the target.

Fand has verified that his action failed. This verifies Ryker's action. Should Kantrip's second action on him have been an attempted night kill, this would also explain the lack of a kill last night.

Furthermore, if Kantrip isn't scum, then given he claimed to have swapped Gheb/Spak and Spak died, this would imply that the mafia tried to kill Spak N1. Considering Spak has displayed extreme sheeping, poses no day threat, and his alignment is something of a question mark, I'm not buying that.

Yeah, I'm willing to lynch Kantrip. What's the vote count at?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I am RosalineSGS, town antidote doctor. I have four pills that cure poisoning, and each Night I can give one player a pill. Night 1 I gave a pill to, you guessed it, Laundry. Same with Night 2 (except it's Nich now).
Can confirm I've received both pills, for the record.

Maven89

Smash Master
J I'm not planning on lynching you, I think Kantrip is confirmed scum and you watching Spak only connects you to Kantrip even further. I also answered all of those questions very plainly already.

The flavor is clearly to allow an actual Gorf role without getting censored, I actually have thought it was really funny

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Called it.

I'm saying I wish you claimed something different was because the gift I got was a Role Cop, which I used on you, and am actually co-oberating your claim.

Which means I am crying.

#HBC | Dancer

So J, there' one, maybe minor, point that bothers me about your claim and it's the fact that a "weak" voyeur (weak being a key word here) shouldn't get back the results that you did. "Weak" voyeurs should only be able to see the general "type" of role that visits a player (for example, a track and a kill would both show up as "investigative," a mafia kill and a town vig should both how up as "killing," ect.). It's the "strong" (or regular, I guess) voyeurs that should get back the results you did. Possible explanation for this?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm assuming I am weak simply due to the fact my PR can be stolen by me from my item being taken. I also am using the "weak voyeur" as my own interpretation. My role pm says "Town Ghost Mod" and my ability is "Voyeur". The weak part comes from me interpreting my role and I've talked to Bardull about it but I got diddly squat regarding my "strength".

That's just my take on it.

#HBC | Dancer

Called it.

I'm saying I wish you claimed something different was because the gift I got was a Role Cop, which I used on you, and am actually co-oberating your claim.

Which means I am crying.
I'm sorry J! What you've noticed about me was really legit. It's just what you noticed just o happened to be one particularly bad case where I was just playing bad/lazy (like, by pushing you, an inactive slot, all Day 1) but seeing it as scummy was perfectly fine and logical and these kids need to take a lesson from you imo.

#HBC | Dancer

I'm assuming I am weak simply due to the fact my PR can be stolen by me from my item being taken. I also am using the "weak voyeur" as my own interpretation. My role pm says "Town Ghost Mod" and my ability is "Voyeur". The weak part comes from me interpreting my role and I've talked to Bardull about it but I got diddly squat regarding my "strength".

That's just my take on it.
Ooooooohhhhh ok ok so "weak voyeur" isn't actually part of your role pm my b.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm sorry J! What you've noticed about me was really legit. It's just what you noticed just o happened to be one particularly bad case where I was just playing bad/lazy (like, by pushing you, an inactive slot, all Day 1) but seeing it as scummy was perfectly fine and logical and these kids need to take a lesson from you imo.
Now they are happy tears. But still, I need to lick my wounds on it.

#HBC | Dancer

Okay, so back to business. J and Maven, if I'm following the logic here correctly then both of you should also be gunning for each other right now? I mean, at least after Kantrip?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
And bingo was his name-o.

Then again Maven has been on me since literally my first post on D1. Plus with him literally claiming thief just...lol.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Maven

What exactly does the invisibility cloak do? Does it just convey an immunity to track/watching, or does it have other effects?

@J

Just to confirm, you claimed the invisibility cloak is what gave you the voyeur ability, right? Could you link me to the full post in which you did so?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gimme a sec to find it.

I'm also calling bull on Maven saying my invisibility cloak gives immunity. It is semi-implied something like that may happen, but I just chalked it up to flavor. It literally said I have an invisibility cloak because I am DGames Ghost Mod that no one knew still did things (which I do fyi).

#HBC | Dancer

Ugh WATT why didn't you wait until Maven claimed if you knew he had the cloak? He should have been confirmed thief to you at that point so why not wait to see if you could have caught him in a lie?

Top Bottom