• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I targeted WATT last night using my ability as a roleblock assuming that if redirection was in play as J claimed, that I would be unable to successfully block a kill. Rake dying and Laundry being (presumably) cleared left me two targets, WATT and J. I figured J was sponge any investigation we have if they were worth their salts.

I have not read the game. I was going to the doctor yesterday and am still sick today. Couple that with being distracted by a show I started watching (as Deitz knows) and I completely forgot when this day started. I'll be caught up by the end of the day.
Feel better soon.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well wait a second, @ Nicholas1024 Nicholas1024 there is something I am finding confusing. You are supposed to have a cell phone 100% because your slot hammered Rake and he claimed yesterDay that he had a phone/literally all of yesterDay was about that damn phone. So I have to ask again for sanity sake, you definitely do not have a cell phone?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Well wait a second, @ Nicholas1024 Nicholas1024 there is something I am finding confusing. You are supposed to have a cell phone 100% because your slot hammered Rake and he claimed yesterDay that he had a phone/literally all of yesterDay was about that damn phone. So I have to ask again for sanity sake, you definitely do not have a cell phone?
Unless it got stolen from Laundry before Nicholas replaced.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Nich not having a phone makes no sense to me if that slot hammered Rake.

@ Kantrip Kantrip Ryker let it all out so feel free to share.

Oh, spak has a nifty ability, we should use it today once we 100% sort out a lynch me thinks.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If his phone got stolen, Nich should have that information from when Laundry was in the game.

Unless it was stolen from Rake right before he died.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
There's nothing really to respond to. J got some item about me, which I can guess but I don't really see the reason to reveal right now.

Guess we're just waiting on Ryker then. Oh the suspense!

Oh no you don't! I read this post laughing with "Oh HELL to the NO". You are gonna get back here and talk to me. No way am I letting you walk away without even saying anything regarding reads and going back to watching things in the background.

You said you yesterDay that you were re-evaluating your read list and coming back with scum-reads. You can still give reads and do things.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm also in agreement to using Spak's ability for toDay's purposes since this would be the day to use it, but we have to be careful of who we want to go toDay. Plus I'm assuming the ability can be used at any time so we can hold off on that till a lot of these ??? start disappearing.

Put on your detective caps boys! ToDay seems to be "solve the mysteries" day!

(Sorry, I'm in a ridiculously good mood today haha)

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
No, I do not have a cell phone. Laundry did not receive a cell phone upon hammering Rake. While he did get Rake's items, there was no cell phone in that list.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I've said and clarified this 50+ times, it was taken from me.
Okay I went through all your post and you did say that.

I know I said not to mass claim, but I have to claim to explain what I think happened. With what Kantrip and Ryker said I have a theory of my own.

I do have an active role, I am the Town's watcher (hence my freakout yesterday with J, I thought he was claiming watcher and I got furious and almost counterclaimed) and my action "failed" last night. Coupled with the lack of nightkill I assumed that I was targeted by mafia and Ryker roleblocked me, but still wasn't completely sure since it could be that whoever I targeted was immune to my night action and Ryker could have roleblocked someone else.

Then Kantrip says that he sent me something and I did not receive anything last night. So what I think happened is this:

When Nicholas said he had no phone then I assumed Ryu was lying, but reading through his posts I find this unlikely. So either to avoid overpowered slots, the mod made it so the original owner's items (i.e rosa's) disappear if the person who got those items through a hammer gets hammered himself (rake) to avoid the third player getting two slot's worth of items. IF that's not the case, then this is an alternative:

Ryu says that Kantrip targeted me twice and WATT once, and Kantrip confirms he did (at least visiting me twice, but he didn't deny visiting WATT) At least one of those visits to me could have been him giving me the present, but that somehow failed, the other visit to me and watt took place at the same time: If there's a redirect role then it would make sense for it to be Kantrip, after sending me the present (or before) he probably targeted me and WATT switching the target action of whoever targeted either of us. If Ryker roleblocked WATT after Kantrip made the redirect, and THEN sent the item, it would explain me not having it.

WATT visited RAKE night 1, and Ryu's phone was stolen at night 1. I think WATT's the thief and he targeted Rake trying to get his items, but Kantrip probably targeted Ryu and Rake making WATT steal from Ryu instead. However this does not explain Rake not having the cellphone (As Nicholas says he doesn't have it) and Rake would have mentioned if got it stolen, since he just said the conversation got cut off.

This is just my theory @ Kantrip Kantrip @ Wots All This Then? Wots All This Then? can you confirm?

Kantrip

Kantplay
At work but real quick:

I am responsible for the redirects. I am the bus driver

Swapped Gheb and Spak N1
Swapped WATT and Fanny N2

More later but no time

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
So, an updated roles list:
  • Rosa, Gheb, Rake - Town, no stealies
  • J - Says he has no night action because an item has been stolen
  • Spak - Has no night action
  • Fanny - Watcher
  • Kantrip - ?
  • Maven - ?
  • Ryker - Jailer
  • Nicholas - ?
  • Dancer - ?
  • Ryu - ?, but had the pairing phone to Rosa so the sister role is assumed town.
  • Wots - Thief
Confirmed
Not Claiming
Claimed
Accused

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
So, another updated roles list after getting ninja'd by Kantrip:
  • J - Says he has no night action because an item has been stolen
  • Fanny - Watcher
  • Kantrip - Redirector
  • Maven - ?
  • Ryker - Jailer
  • Nicholas - ?
  • Dancer - ?
  • Ryu - ?, but had the pairing phone to Rosa so the sister role is assumed town.
  • Wots - Thief
Confirmed
Not Claiming
Claimed
Accused

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Spak, I claimed Town Weak Voyeur haha.

Ryu claimed Neighborizer and also got Rosa's tracking ability.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
At work but real quick:

Swapped Gheb and Spak N1

More later but no time
Okay so I was kind of right, this does not explain the Rake/Ryu phone situation then.
And with Kantrip confirming that ryker did indeed target Gheb N1 I feel better about the Ryker slot since my main concern was that his claim was extremely safe there.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Also my trigger finger is twitching especially that I believe one of the mafia duo is a redirector, but I'll sit quiet for now.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
At work but real quick:

Swapped Gheb and Spak N1

More later but no time
So I was supposed to die N1 but Gheb died instead?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
So, another updated roles list after getting corrected by J:
  • J - Town Weak Voyeur
  • Fanny - Watcher
  • Kantrip - Redirector
  • Maven - ?
  • Ryker - Jailer
  • Nicholas - ?
  • Dancer - ?
  • Ryu - Neighborizor w/ Rosa's tracking
  • Wots - Thief
Confirmed
Not Claiming
Claimed
Accused

(Having to re-do the colors every time kinda stinks.)

Fandangox

Smash Lord
So I was supposed to die N1 but Gheb died instead?
Wait this is a good question. How does the redirect affect both the nightkill and the roleblock? Which one gets priority on the switch? If Ryker targeted Gheb to protect him, but mafia targeted Gheb to kill him, and Kantrip redirects, what's supposed to happen?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Wait. Where did Ruy claim Kantrip targeted Fanny, Fanny, and WATT?

That smells a lot like Bus Driver, Bus Driver, and Night Kill running into a block.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Also, we are NOT using Spak's ability, AT ALL, unless we do the math and make sure it isn't costing us a phase.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
WATT visited RAKE night 1, and Ryu's phone was stolen at night 1. I think WATT's the thief and he targeted Rake trying to get his items, but Kantrip probably targeted Ryu and Rake making WATT steal from Ryu instead. However this does not explain Rake not having the cellphone (As Nicholas says he doesn't have it) and Rake would have mentioned if got it stolen, since he just said the conversation got cut off.
If that's the case, then why is Gheb dead after I protected him?

Kantrip

Kantplay
The mod wouldn't tell me how giving an item worked with my ability or if it was an action by NAR but considering Ryu saw me at Fanny twice I assume it showed him that so I'm really confused why he didn't get anything.

I don't see why a Track would show who I targeted if it actually got redirected to WATT, but just in case:

@ Wots All This Then? Wots All This Then? Did you receive anything last Night?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Wait this is a good question. How does the redirect affect both the nightkill and the roleblock? Which one gets priority on the switch? If Ryker targeted Gheb to protect him, but mafia targeted Gheb to kill him, and Kantrip redirects, what's supposed to happen?
We can assume that the redirection happens before the roleblock. The likely scenario would be I target Gheb and mafia Night kills somebody. Scum swaps somebody with Gheb. This means that all actions (including my jail) that would've targeted Gheb, target somebody instead and the night kill aimed at somebody gets dropped in Gheb's lap.

Using a bus driver as a strongman is a powerful scum strat.

Vote Kantrip

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm calling it. I call BS on Kanty especially with my investigative results from N1 about Spak getting redirected and jailed, plus the double trip to Fanny? Plus no other PR has claimed to been able to "give gifts" and the only gift that seems to be given is from the mod so, yeah.

Vote: Kantrip

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Also Fanny needs to hammer imo. That's all that I really say.

However, let's keep discussion going. I want to find out more about this missing cellphone in the Ryu/Rake*Now Nich* situation.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Redirects happen before roleblocks in NAR.

I didn't "give gift," I literally tried to pass one of my items to Fanny. It successfully left my inventory so I'm not sure why he didn't get it. Only thing I can think of is that it counts as an action and goes last in NAR so Ryu saw me at Fanny before it redirected to WATT. Otherwise I don't know where the hell it went.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@#HBC | Ryu - Were you specifically informed by the mod that the phone was stolen from you, or did it just disappear?

@ #HBC | J #HBC | J - Same question but about the item you claim was stolen.

Was anyone's item stolen last Night? Was anyone poisoned last Night?

Top Bottom