• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well first it depends on what he comes in and claims. I have a feeling I know and based on my personal preference, I would hardbody the **** out of that claim. However, others would disagree.

Kantrip I was reading as town, though.

I am just stumped because of what I found out with the present I got from the old man last night.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Sorry, I've been at marching band rehearsal since six, got moved into the gym from the senior lot at 8, fire alarm went off at 8:10, we're all used to false alarms (our school hasn't had a new addition since 1980 and the most recent renovation was in 2000 in order to rip up the tennis courts and add trailers), so we're ordered to sit down in the gym. It was a false alarm (as everyone assumed), but either a power surge or water screwed up our electrical system that hasn't been modified since 1970 and we were all ordered to go home about 20 minutes ago. I'll notify you of my reads whenever I'm dried off.

Maven89

Smash Master
@ Maven89 Maven89 : It's alright haha. We all get those ways. Where's your head at for toDay?
I didn't do any re-reading, I know I need to but I haven't yet. I still hate your slot and want it lynched. I was tunneling you yesterday, but I had no problem with it because I found you scummy, very scummy, and I believed I could show people why you were scum and get you lynched, and we'd all be the better for it and after you were dead I could go look for connections to find your mates. Obviously that didn't happen. You're still #1 but I don't think hardbodying you early on would be a good use of the day phase.

So right now, this is basically amnesty mode, where I'm not going to push you for a while and will try to look at other slots, but at the end of the day, baring a large bingo or worse scummy actions from another player, you're still probably the lynch choice

To be honest I'm very interested in what your item is and really don't like that you're just hinting at it without stating anything, can I assume you have a followup for Dancer depending on how he responds to your hint?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well yeah, but I am hinting at it because it is obvious I got an item and yes it does deal with Dancer.

Also, dude, you need to really stop riding my jock. You've been on it since D1 and in IRL time that's quiet literally 2 weeks or so. I have no idea who else you view as scum. So let's move the conversation to that.

Who is scum besides me? Who would be my scummate?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
OK, so now that I'm in dry clothes, to my reads!

Rosa, Gheb, Rake - Town (obviously)

Ryker - Town. I see a lot of good content from him, he reacts well to pressure, and he has a LOT of scumhunting under his belt thus far. I can't see him as scum unless there's some EXTREMELY conclusive evidence against him.

Laundry -> Nicholas - Honestly, this is my second strongest town read so far. The furious approach Laundry took at the end of D2 would have been a stupid play if he were scum because nearly everyone thought he was town anyways and he likely wouldn't want to draw everyone's attention if he were scum. He also put out some statements that were formulated to make people mad, which although toxic to the town's cause, I feel absolutely would NOT be performed by a scum of sound mind.

Ryu - Hasn't changed since last read, currently reading him as town

Fanny/Kantrip - Most of everything I've seen from them are town and with scumhunting intent, but they seem to have avoided any pressure whatsoever from D1. Kantrip isn't as active as a majority of the group (only 74 posts, so possibly because of work), but everyone seems to have given Fanny a town pass (even to the point of Ryker saying "I don't think Spak should be anyone's biggest town read, especially in a game with Fanny in it."). Not saying either of them are scummy, I'm just saying that we shouldn't give them free passes.

Will finish later, my dad is calling me downstairs.

Maven89

Smash Master
Off the top of my head the scum mates I had for you before were largely Kantrip (my #1 pick for partner) or Spak, though I felt you were closing in on Spak a little too much yesterday for him to really be your partner. I think there was someone else in this pool that I mentioned before but I can't recall who it was, still on phone

Other then that it's Ryker, who if it wasn't for his role pm being mod confirmed I'd probably have as scum. I have him (from memory) as being the #1 perpetrator of the Rake push, which I never liked, and I'm very suspicious of it.

On the supposed Kantrip find, that's something I'm very interested in seeing play out

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
What are "suspicious" about the Rake push for? What about Ryker specifically do you find him scummy and although I disliked the wagon as well, I did not find Ryker's push scummy so talk to me since you are the only person to wave a flag around him besides Laundry.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Since Ruy saw me at Fanny twice I assume that means everything went as planned, but just to be sure as the MOD wouldn't give me a straight answer on how things worked:

@ Fandangox Fandangox - Did you get my surprise?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Maven - His game at the end of D2 left a bad taste in my mouth. He was understandably irritated at Laundry for his hammer on Rake, but his reaction was absolutely unacceptable. I thought the initial Badwolf post was funny, but #1616 may have been the straw that broke the camel's back with Laundry replace. I appreciated the apology D3, but the damage was already done. I don't like his slot at all, but then again I don't see any scummy action from it.

Spak - Town (obviously)

Dancer - Dancer seems to have responded really well to the J pressure, but then again, so would anyone that has been playing this game for a long time. He seems like a townish read, but I don't know what his scum vs. town playstyles tend to be, so I'll say that he's a tentative town lean. The Dancer push seemed a little bit forced from J, so I'd have to go back and look at their interactions if J flips scum to see if I see anything unnatural. I'm not sure if it would have been better for J to distance Dancer from himself or to question him further (like he did) in order to make them look like they aren't a team, but that's something that I'll leave the more experienced to find out.

Wots - I haven't liked Wots for quite a while now. The main reason is because of how hard and brutal his push against Ryu was, but I haven't seen anything scummy from him in a while. I'm still watching him hard, but he's no longer uber-high on my list.

J - I thought J responded well to being lynched, but he's my strongest scum read. If J had his cloak stolen, that means that we either have two thieves, one thief with multiple night actions, or one sure-fire scum. At the time J claimed his role, he said that his cloak had been stolen. So far, we have these roles:
  • Rosa, Gheb, Rake - Town, no stealies
  • J - Couldn't have claimed anything, now says he has no night action because an item has been stolen
  • Spak - Has no night action
  • Fanny - ?
  • Kantrip - ?
  • Maven - ?
  • Ryker - Jailer
  • Nicholas - ?
  • Dancer - ?
  • Ryu - ?, but had the pairing phone to Rosa.
  • Wots - ?
We know that there has to be at least one thief (two if J is town), there has to be a poisoner, there has to be at least two Mafia, there has to be a doctor, and there has to be a role re-router (If there was a role-blocker, I think J is lying). I say it's time to claim roles.

I am Circus, and I have the ability to challenge anyone in the game to a duel by making the entire rest of the thread vote for me or my opponent. If I lynch someone who is scum or indy, I get a special item. If I go against another town, however, I'll probably be screwing over the entire game as it'll be two days of town lynches unless I can convince the rest of the town I'm not indy or scum. I'm hoping to use my ability at the end of today if we can clarify stuff by then.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Spak, you are asking a lot of silly things currently with claiming stuff and also asking for items at inappropriate times. You named a lot of names but did not label any scum-reads. Could I get a more concise list from you?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Also spak why does there have to be a doctor?

May I ask the mirror opinion of you?
I have already said before, Ryker can't be mafia because of what his role does, but he could still be the Indy, his Gheb claim is safe because there's no way to disprove it, and he got defensive when I asked him to further elaborate on why he picked Gheb.

Also I am still getting you lynched today J.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
@ Spak Spak elaborate on your Ryker town read, give me examples were you thought his scum hunting intent was clear.
On my re-read, he seemed to be willing to go out desert the wagon when he saw something fishy (making the Rake wagon based off of his suspicious play when all the attention was still on Ryu, willing to voice his opinions on everyone and trying to get through to Laundry before he got himself killed, and leaving the Ryu wagon because he thought that something was amiss based upon Ryu's recent actions at that point).

Spak, you are asking a lot of silly things currently with claiming stuff and also asking for items at inappropriate times. You named a lot of names but did not label any scum-reads. Could I get a more concise list from you?
So far, you're my hardest scum read, then Wots, then Kantrip (his inactivity is a bit suspicious), then Maven (slight scum, nearly null), then Fanny(slight town, then Dancer, then Ryu, then Nicholas, then Ryker.
Also spak why does there have to be a doctor?
Unless the Mafia were both jailed (or does their action get blocked even if just one gets jailed?) or forgot to send in the night actions (plausable seeing as Bard put up the start of D3 at 6:45, after the deadline by 45 minutes), there would have to be a doctor.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Anyways, I'm off to bed. Good night, don't lynch anyone yet, and call me, beep me if you wanna reach me (tagging and quoting is fine, too).

Kantrip

Kantplay
Fanny do you have an active ability?
Would you know if you were roleblocked?

Feel free to abstain from answering if you'd rather not reveal these facts

Fandangox

Smash Lord
On my re-read, he seemed to be willing to go out desert the wagon when he saw something fishy (making the Rake wagon based off of his suspicious play when all the attention was still on Ryu, willing to voice his opinions on everyone and trying to get through to Laundry before he got himself killed, and leaving the Ryu wagon because he thought that something was amiss based upon Ryu's recent actions at that point).
Okay the Rake wagon part is a good point, what do you think of his responses to me pressuring him about his N1 action?

Unless the Mafia were both jailed (or does their action get blocked even if just one gets jailed?) or forgot to send in the night actions (plausable seeing as Bard put up the start of D3 at 6:45, after the deadline by 45 minutes), there would have to be a doctor.
If the mafia that performs the NK gets jailed, there wouldn't be a NK, The targeted player by the mafia could also have been jailed, preventing the NK.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@ Nicholas1024 Nicholas1024 : Heya, thanks for subbing in especially with the amount of pages. How far are you to being caught up/what are your reads?
Still going through D2, on page 28 at the moment. That said, I do have some content for you guys to check, here's my notes from earlier on D1 along with the stances I had after finishing that point.

DGames Mafia Notes:

Ryker’s #154 feels strange, but slightly pro-town. While I disagree with many of the statements in it, this really feels like Ryker being Ryker, and throwing out arrogant claims for the sake of provoking reactions. It also feels like it should finally bump things out of RVS.

J’s #155 feels wrong. J was always a talkative player when town, and I don’t like how his first substantial post is telling Ryker “Talk with me and force me into questions” when that seems like exactly what Ryker is trying to do.

Rake’s string of small posts from #158-164 could go either way. It’s a string of questions with no content from Rake himself. The questions aren’t bad questions, so if he follows it up, it’s scum hunting. If he just drops the subject afterwards and makes a habit of doing that, then it’s fake scum hunting.

Spak’s #173 and earlier stuff doesn’t really read scum to me. I think his post was mostly a joke and an attempt to get Maven to post more, simply because Maven’s the person he’s familiar with. It’s reasoning I can understand, and while he worded it awkwardly, it doesn’t make him scum. That said, I don’t blame people for getting on him because it’s something to start getting out of RVS with.

Red Ryu’s reads list in #174 feels awkward. I don’t particularly agree with his reads, and there’s no reasoning behind them.

I like Maven’s #177. Solid analysis of Spak’s awkwardness, and I agree with directing suspicion towards people who are just hopping on the wagon.

As of #179, J is being more quiet, questioning, and reserved than I remember. Worth keeping an eye on.

Okay, Spak’s #180 is not good. “Lay low for a while” is not something that implies a townie mindset. Not sure if bad word choice or scum.

Regarding the whole ring thing, can’t really argue with the idea of destroying it. A double vote given to scum is a terrible risk, while a double voting townie is going to get night killed or manipulated endlessly. Without a clear, it’s not worth the risk.

Don’t really like Fandango’s #208. Mostly short responses with a quick question and a lot of parroting.

Maven’s #216 is just overall good. I’m liking the thought process here.

Fand’s #223 doesn’t feel much better. The half-defense of Ryu feels strange, and I don’t see where he’s really gotten anything from his half-hearted push on Spak.

I like Dancer calling out J in #224. Do not like J’s response in #228. You claim you’ve noticed more of WoT vs Laundry but don’t post anything about it? Why? Why not do something?

Dancer following up in #230 is good.

Don’t like J’s #233. That’s extremely easily deflected by “Don’t want Ryker bullying newbies who aren’t familiar with him”, and is something I myself would have said if in-game at that point in time.

I agree with J’s #234, but I consider it mostly a null post. Nothing in there that hasn’t really been said, and the Spak push has mostly died down anyway.

Disagree with Rosalina’s #238, not sure if scum. Leaning towards dumb actually, since support has somewhat died down for the wagon before this post, feels like a silly time to bandwagon. Minor facepalm at pointing out the Gheb thing, but it’s null. I like and agree with the #240 stances, but that could be buddying.

Gheb’s push on WATT in #241 is interesting. Worth looking into.

Rake’s #247 is the content I was waiting for from that slot. Definitely feels town. #248 isn’t bad either.

You know, one thing I don’t get from Spak is the needing a read REALLY badly thing. It was RVS phase in D1. Why act like it’s desperate? I also really want him to do something besides defend himself.

WATT’s #254 is an okay defense. Makes me feel null about the slot, but I’ll keep an eye on them.

Huh, maybe it’s because I know Laundry’s town, but I’m agreeing with most of what he says in the 260’s posts.

WATT still feeling null as of #272.

Fandago’s #276 still focusing on Spak-related crap. This is approaching tunneling.

Spak giving WATT town points for moving on in #283 strikes me as pure dumb town. What WATT did was not a town tell, but I don’t see newbie scum calling someone town for that reason, particularly when the player in question isn’t a huge force.

Still like Rake in #285. His questions are feeling good, and the followup was there beforehand.

Fandago’s #288 is an improvement. Not sure if I like the very reserved reads list, but I don’t actively disagree with his reasoning. I’m a little worried that he might be following the crowd though, need to see if he takes any unpopular stances later.

#291 is just terrible. Really, Spak? Really?

Spak’s #297 makes me conclude that he’s bad at logic. The only people who know who’s town are the mafia, Spak. I don’t think Spak’s scum, but I’m taking anything he says with a grain of salt now.

I like Dancer’s #299. Nothing amazing, but I’m still onboard with pushing J.

J’s #300 opinion of WATT doesn’t seem to hold up. The WATT stuff is awkward for the opposite reasons, given how he started it in RVS and abandoned it immediately despite having reason to try following up. Still seems like minimal scum hunting from J.

Dancer’s #302 is good, I agree with his posts.

J’s #305 is really bad. The suspicion on J is that he’s trying to maintain a presence without doing much of anything, and his defense of the event vote count feels like a straw man.

Going to wait on J’s reads as of #307.

I don’t disagree with Gheb’s 311, but this is not original content, it’s more of a summary of town consensus so far. This is a little concerning.

WATT has an interesting point in #314, I don’t think he ever was that interested in Spak, other people were the ones that really put the focus on that slot. This makes WATT’s previous actions feel better, but I still want more original content from him. #317 is also an interesting point.

#318 makes me feel better about WATT content-wise as well, he’s back to null for me.

Hm, I don’t agree with some of Maven’s thought process in #323, but I do like the first paragraph calling out Ryu for weak questions without followup. Spak stuff is still legit as well.

Not sure what to think of Laundry’s comments on J as of #333/334. This is terrible town play if that’s how J actually plays. I guess I’ll withhold judgment a bit until D2 to see if J improves, but I still like J-scum.

Ryu’s #348 is null. Don’t like that he claims to have other reads and then says to wait for a laptop though. :/

The Maven vs J stuff over J’s D1 playstyle claims is just stupid null.

Okay, serious dislike over Ryu’s #367 reads list. Nothing but town lean reads, on the people who are consensus townies. No scum reads, no major pushes? This is bad.

Rosalina’s okay in #372. Not the most productive slot, but I think scum would have backed off of Spak by now.

Spak keeps hitting all the newbie town but bad logic tells with #379.

Don’t like Gheb still going after WATT for stuff that’s near-RVS in #381.

Rake’s #406 is good content, though it doesn’t really change my opinion on much. The note on WATT about them doing almost nothing besides defense is neat, though IIRC they’ve chimed in on the major wagons and a lot of focus has been on them.

Kantrip comes onto the scene, and his posts through #414 are okay. Nothing particularly new, nothing particularly bad.

Kantrip’s stuff through #424 is fine, Nice to see him making an effort, though his content seems like it’s a rehash of what’s come before. The #432 is some decent pressure.

Officially tired now. Going to leave off at this point (page 11) and pick up later.

Looking at WATT’s #442 and Laundry’s #443 reminds me of Ryu’s scumminess. Very little content, semi-lurking, and what he does say is non-offensive and doesn’t really lead anywhere. I suspect scum.

Laundry’s #457 on Ryu is interesting. There does seem to be something of a Ryu/J connection, but I’m not sure what to make of it. It seems awkward play for two scum, but I could see Ryu-scum + J-town.

Agreed with #468, there’s very few strong scum reads or cases by anyone in this game. It’s strange considering there’s Ryker, Gheb, and a few other decent players in here.

After seeing Ryu’s series of posts starting with #471, he needs to die. Zero new content, no scum reads, no pressure applied… he’s not trying to hunt scum, he’s just waiting around for others to do it.

Honestly, what bothers me about Spak isn’t his early RVS crap with Maven, it’s everything he’s done since then. Or should I say everything he hasn’t done since then. I can’t remember anything he’s done not related to defending himself, and that’s not a good sign.

Hm, don’t agree with Rake’s choice of Maven in #505, but I can appreciate throwing a random wagon around just to get SOMETHING started.

Maven still looks okay in #516.

Red Ryu’s #523 and #524 are reasonable, but there’s still not much active scum hunting from the slot.

I like Maven’s #531 a lot. Succinct answer, and tries to generate more pressure on a scum read.

The more I see from Spak, the less I like him. He needs to make some stances of his own.

Oh, it’s a Ryker sighting in #538. But no content. #543 shows some promise, but need to wait on it.

I don’t at all see the Maven hate in #557.

#560 does not make me feel any better about J. Out of the five people who claim J-scum, he’s going after the one Ryker/Gheb have already targeted, with a side order of the newer Rosalina who has also had a little pressure.

#563 simply doesn’t fit at all. Maven was explaining a question from Gheb, and replying with why he thought Gheb disliked J. That specific instance is not scum hunting, but I think Maven’s done other scum hunting elsewhere.

Yeah, I think I’m on Maven’s side in #569.

Dislike Ryu even more with #583. All he’s done is claim he doesn’t really like various lynches. It’s worth noting that this lack of stances comes about a day before deadline with no obvious lynch in sight.

WATT’s #585 is good, sums up why I severely dislike Ryu.

Honestly, it’s very hard to get an idea of where people stand in this game, there’s next to no firm stances being thrown around and everyone’s playing it safe. Looking back, I’m extremely surprised at how fast the wagon randomly swung onto Rosa, she was barely mentioned for most of the day and then in the last two hours she gets lynched with minimal discussion. The whole thing feels pretty suspect.

(These may change drastically after reading through D2, I'll keep you guys posted.)
WoTT: Null-ish, one of the slots that seems to not do much aside from defending himself. While I don’t think his interaction with Spak was particularly terrible, I don’t particularly like the way he hopped on to the Rosalina lynch.

Gheb: Confirmed town as of N1, read unnecessary.

Maven: Town. I dislike a lot of the pressure that’s being thrown Maven’s way, as while I can understand Gheb’s misunderstanding and dislike, I feel like everything else thrown at him has been pretty fake.

Kantrip: Despite coming onto the scene late and being on Rosa’s wagon, I feel like he’s done more than a lot of the slots, and our reads match in large part. He can be town for now.

Spak: Having a hard time reading his slot. I was fine with his RVS slip, as the explanation of his thought process felt genuine. However, I’m rather disliking everything he’s done since then, as all of his content is parroting, and I disagree with most of the pushes he takes. Can’t decide if he’s noob-scum or very bad town.

Rosalina: (Literally) Dead town at this point. Not particularly useful as a townie, but the way the wagon came together at the last moment was highly suspect.

FandangoX: Was null on him at first, but I’ve liked him more as time goes on. I haven’t actively disagreed with anything he’s done for a while.

Red Ryu: He needs to be at the top of every scumlist. Very low content, and that which he does produce is crap like a few consensus town reads without ever pushing scum ever. I’m reasonably confident he’s scum.

Dancer: Town. Second person to hop on the Rosa wagon, but had her as noob scum beforehand.

Ryker: Extreme dislike for similar reasons to J, keep a close eye on D2. I dislike how he was totally willing to hop onto Rosa’s lynch or J’s lynch despite being not caught up on the thread.

Rake: Huge town read. No idea how he got lynched D2.

Laundry: My slot, so town. Also agree with a lot of his stances in any case.

J: I hate J’s D1 play and find a ton of it to be faking contribution and making excuses for why he can’t help scumhunt. That said, apparently this is J’s meta now (no idea when that happened), and he’s been mislynched for this crap before. I’ll keep an open mind going into D2, but if he doesn’t improve, he’s so dead.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Also, @ Nicholas1024 Nicholas1024 have you tried using your cell phone yet? If so, who picked up?
I never received a cell phone. I did get something from Laundry hammering Rake (not going to say what at this point in time), but there was no cell phone.

Anyway, just a quick note to everyone, please tag or quote me if there's something you want me to respond to before I'm finished catching up.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
What's the Rake effect? And no, I did not get a cell phone. 100% certain of that.
Te rakeffect is the same thing as Kantplay, but instead of kantrip, is with Rake.

i.e he done goofed.

@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu did your phone get stolen night 1?

Answer honestly Ryu, what happened to your phone. We all just assumed it got stolen from you, but you never clarified this.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
To be honest I'm very interested in what your item is and really don't like that you're just hinting at it without stating anything, can I assume you have a followup for Dancer depending on how he responds to your hint?
There's nothing really to respond to. J got some item about me, which I can guess but I don't really see the reason to reveal right now.

Guess we're just waiting on Ryker then. Oh the suspense!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Te rakeffect is the same thing as Kantplay, but instead of kantrip, is with Rake.

i.e he done goofed.

@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu did your phone get stolen night 1?

Answer honestly Ryu, what happened to your phone. We all just assumed it got stolen from you, but you never clarified this.
I've said and clarified this 50+ times, it was taken from me.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I targeted WATT last night using my ability as a roleblock assuming that if redirection was in play as J claimed, that I would be unable to successfully block a kill. Rake dying and Laundry being (presumably) cleared left me two targets, WATT and J. I figured J was sponge any investigation we have if they were worth their salts.

I have not read the game. I was going to the doctor yesterday and am still sick today. Couple that with being distracted by a show I started watching (as Deitz knows) and I completely forgot when this day started. I'll be caught up by the end of the day.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ok, this Kantrip claim crumbing needs to be cleared up this phase. And I mean crystal clear.

I think, unless there is hard information out there someone would like to offer up, that a mass claim is probably the right thing this phase. A massclaim in LyLo is a lot worse than a massclaim the night before LyLo as you get a night where people have to support their actions in real time.

I do not like this situation.

I want to hear Kantrip's ****tery, but WATT is my biggest suspect atm. This is extremely cursory. They were one of the highest on my scum list, I roleblocked them, and then there was a no kill. This is REALLY WEAK SAUCE and I can do better, even if it is affirming that read.

We likely use whatever tools we have available to decide today based on PoE. I REALLY want Kantrip and his interest in Fanny sorted out. I would not lynch Spak, Fanny, Nick, or myself right now.

I'm caught up. Now I'm going to catch 5 hours of sleep and go to work.

Top Bottom