• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Personally, I think that the Mafia knew about me and Gheb getting switched because my D1 play didn't make me a viable NK target, so either Kanny is Mafia or one of the trackers is Mafia and targeted Kanny that night.
bold- agreed.
even if the mafia had a tracker it would be very unusual for them to be able to see the results before they sent in their kill.

do you have any other thoughts on who is scum- putting aside their relation to kantrip?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
bold- agreed.
even if the mafia had a tracker it would be very unusual for them to be able to see the results before they sent in their kill.

do you have any other thoughts on who is scum- putting aside their relation to kantrip?
I'm on mobile (moving my sister in 3 hours away from home), so I'll try to make a re-read of D3 when I'm home.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Blank slots we hadnt discussed yet. We had n opinions on most of the rest of the game at this point

You're waiting on dietz. I don't know why he did it then
Okay but right before you claim you made this small little post:

Post incoming probably
Talking to dietz atm
Note that you (Orbo) said that a "post was incoming" and that you were "talking to Dietz atm." YOU (Orbo) made this post which heavily implies that YOU had some idea of what was going to be posted next. Like, what exactly did you talk to Dietz about?

yes but what is
YOUR
OPINION
Based off of your tone I'm going to assume you're already somewhat affiliated with the general attitude people have been taking with Spak.

how the **** did y'all lynch Rake 0_0
Look, I misread my role PM, okay? I thought I was scum, but then I looked at it again and realized that I was actually town and proceeded to face palm.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Based off of your tone I'm going to assume you're already somewhat affiliated with the general attitude people have been taking with Spak.
*shrug*

I just would like to know what he/she thinks about the game state right now. There is a difference between 'what are the waggons' and 'who should I vote for', if you get my meaning.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Almost. I'm up to date on D3 stuff, just have the end of D2 to cover. That said, my motivation for continuing to read is low, considering we've got one scum in Kantrip and someone has to be lying between J and Maven.
WATT said the same thing and was accused of "indy scare" but honestly J and Maven both being scum could be plausible with an Indy around. It would both explain J's play and Maven's night actions.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Kantrip at L-2; be careful not to put him in danger of the hammer just yet.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Oh lordy lord lord. This is quite a distressful distraction. Good post J, but unfortunately you're just wrong about me. I don't even want to respond because I know you've already made your mind up about this long ago and nothing I say is going to convince you. I guess everyone else would still like a response so here we go!
why did you feel the need to go all-out and answer everything J put to you here?

I feel like you had been playing lazily up to this point and yet suddenly you pull out this monster response.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm on mobile (moving my sister in 3 hours away from home), so I'll try to make a re-read of D3 when I'm home.
Just so we're clear, it is worrying that when I ask what your opinion is, you can't tell me without re-reading.

I expect something from you within the next 48 hours.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Was what I asked really so tiresome to answer that you need to just sweep it aside here? Throw me a bone. This game is shenanigans and I would rather have good reads than anything else.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Just so we're clear, it is worrying that when I ask what your opinion is, you can't tell me without re-reading.

I expect something from you within the next 48 hours.
(I had a read list at the very start of D3, but the role claims got really juicy and complicated so I want to make sure it's still accurate. I'll work on it later tonight and tomorrow afternoon)

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I have read all of Days 1-2. Skimmed Day 3. I need more time to get all these night actions sorted out in my head, so expect that tomorrow.

In the meantime, consider this:

If Kantrip did bus drive Spak and Gheb, why did J end up with the result that Spak was jailed?
If J targeted Spak, he should have seen someone kill Gheb- right?

This seems fishy as **** to me.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Further to my #1903, I guess the answer is that J's voyeur resolves before redirects happen.

Ok, well that's unusual for a town role, but it's not damning, by any means.

But hold on: assume Spak was redirected with Gheb - which explains how Spak was jailed - why did J not also see Spak being targeted with a kill that ended up on Gheb?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Just to clue in anyone unfamiliar with my play, I hate this style of game with ridiculous PRs everywhere. It's just a headache and really hard to balance. I will try my best to put all this ****e in order tomorrow.

#HBC | Dancer

Was what I asked really so tiresome to answer that you need to just sweep it aside here? Throw me a bone. This game is shenanigans and I would rather have good reads than anything else.
I was answering from mobile at the time so yes actually.

Kary, someone comes at you with a monster case how ARE you suppose to respond? I went "all out" because the situation called for it. Like, seriously, what would you have done in my situation?

#HBC | Dancer

Further to my #1903, I guess the answer is that J's voyeur resolves before redirects happen.

Ok, well that's unusual for a town role, but it's not damning, by any means.

But hold on: assume Spak was redirected with Gheb - which explains how Spak was jailed - why did J not also see Spak being targeted with a kill that ended up on Gheb?
Holy **** this passed completely over my head. J?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I was specifically told it makes it so you can't be seen visiting someone
I feel pretty confident in saying that this means there's a scum between Maven & J

It just feels completely off that J would have a cloak in his inventory and not know it grants invisibility from night actions- so one of them must be lying about what the cloak does.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
The other inconsistency is to do with Kantrip.

If he bus drove Fdgx and WATT, then gave Fdgx an item, was he trying to given the item to WATT? I don't get it. I also don't know what the item would be.

However, the problem is that the item has gone missing:
It successfully left my inventory so I'm not sure why he didn't get it.
Seems like either WATT/Fdgx is lying about not receiving an item, or Kantrip never actually sent anything.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
And I'm all caught up

To be clear, are people voting Kantrip because they believe he tried to kill WATT last night?
Or is it because it seems unlikely scum would shoot Spak?

Either way he definitely has some explaining to do, and is wasting valuable Day phase.

At any rate, I would like to lynch both Kantrip and J right now and go from there.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Although I am curious @ Wots All This Then? Wots All This Then? why you didn't out Kantrip on Day 2.

When I (Ryker) claimed that I jailed Gheb and he still died, your first thought was some kind of redirect.
Did you seriously think that Kantrip might have been town, swapped Gheb + 2nd player, then scum just happened to shoot the 2nd player?

Honestly I have a hard time believing any part of your claim.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Further to my #1905, I guess it is reasonable that J sees Spak jailed but not targeted with a kill.

Say all actions targeting Spak after the bus drive actually targeted WATT. So no-one tried to kill Spak, so J didn't see it.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Although I am curious @ Wots All This Then? Wots All This Then? why you didn't out Kantrip on Day 2.

When I (Ryker) claimed that I jailed Gheb and he still died, your first thought was some kind of redirect.
Did you seriously think that Kantrip might have been town, swapped Gheb + 2nd player, then scum just happened to shoot the 2nd player?

Honestly I have a hard time believing any part of your claim.
Because in an actio. Heavy game redirect doesnt have to be scum, and kantrip being gone for so long isn't necessarily indicative of alignment considering until now it was mostly weekends hed been gone on

Top Bottom