• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I just searched LucarioMad.png and this is the first thing that came up:

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
That's the thing though, Ryu didn't distance from J, as I said before, he was the only one to actually like J's content D1, everyone else either just shrugged it off as J's usual meta, or disliked it outright. It was then that WATT pointed out Ryu's lack of "backbone" and him defending J day 1 would mean that if one is scum, the other isn't, and Gheb agreed. Although I ultimately agree its their play that matters, I just think its worth hearing everyone's opinion on this matter.
I wouldn't put a Ryu/J scum team out of the realm of possibility, but I find it to be unlikely. If scum Ryu hard defended an inactive scum J which basically no one liked then pronto to him for foreseeing that WIFOM trap, but that's just probably not the case.

#HBC | Dancer

Nvm you answered me and I missed it due to the new page.

Legitimately, I don't want to answer this before Rake shows up. I want to see what information he has first before I say which is more likely to be scum, but I'm legitimately scared to lynch in this direction right now as I do think there's a high enough chance of both flipping town that we shouldn't just automatically do it.

Honestly I gave him a pass when he first showed up in the thread but his extended absences are starting to worry me.

:186:
100% ditto this wrt Kantrip

#HBC | Dancer

@ Fandangox Fandangox : Since you're the co-author of the anti-J book, talk to me about who his potential scum mates are. A reservation I've had lately wrt scum J is that I have trouble imagining his scummates. You don't like Spak, correct? Do you think he could be scum with J? Anyone else worth mentioning?

@ Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake
@ Maven89 Maven89
@ Kantrip Kantrip

I would like it if all three of you talked about each other + J.

[quoteSpak, post: 19891526, member: 258527"]Here is a link to the post I was talking about. The whole phone thing popped up and started to be dug into after this post happened, so this was only a summery of D1 Ryu. Other than that, I've gotten a gut feeling on Ryu that he might be scum, but that isn't any real evidence. We can wait until tomorrow and see if the phone being stolen is real (based on either getting an item from hammer (like Ryu did) or Rake calling it tomorrow night and see who picks up) and who stole it, but the whole situation just seems a bit wacky.

I was willing to consider J voting Maven D1 to ensure all lynch pressure was off his back, but I think that he should be questioned on why he thinks Mav is scummy today. To be honest, his push on Dancer seems a bit silly to me because Dancer is a pretty large town lean for me. He seems a bit desperate for content, but we'll see if that push actually yields anything sooner or later.[/quote]

Earlier you said that J has done "quite a bit of scumhunting," but here you've stated that he "seems a bit desperate for content." I don't mean to sound aggressive but you do realize that this is a contradiction, right? How do you make amends of this?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
@ Fandangox Fandangox : Since you're the co-author of the anti-J book, talk to me about who his potential scum mates are. A reservation I've had lately wrt scum J is that I have trouble imagining his scummates. You don't like Spak, correct? Do you think he could be scum with J? Anyone else worth mentioning?

@ Maven89 Maven89
@ Kantrip Kantrip

Here is a link to the post I was talking about. The whole phone thing popped up and started to be dug into after this post happened, so this was only a summery of D1 Ryu. Other than that, I've gotten a gut feeling on Ryu that he might be scum, but that isn't any real evidence. We can wait until tomorrow and see if the phone being stolen is real (based on either getting an item from hammer (like Ryu did) or Rake calling it tomorrow night and see who picks up) and who stole it, but the whole situation just seems a bit wacky.

I was willing to consider J voting Maven D1 to ensure all lynch pressure was off his back, but I think that he should be questioned on why he thinks Mav is scummy today. To be honest, his push on Dancer seems a bit silly to me because Dancer is a pretty large town lean for me. He seems a bit desperate for content, but we'll see if that push actually yields anything sooner or later.
Earlier you said that J has done "quite a bit of scumhunting," but here you've stated that he "seems a bit desperate for content." I don't mean to sound aggressive but you do realize that this is a contradiction, right? How do you make amends of this?
I do realize it's a contradiction, but I went back re-analyzed J's D2 posts whenever Fanny talked about the Dancer push. Some of it seems like a scumhunt, some of it seems to be desperate to hold up his claim that his D2 is better than his D1 (which I think is still true in general, I fail to see any reasoning for the Dancer push whatsoever).

Also, you're welcome for fixing the formatting of you quote in my quote. Looked quite messy.

Kantrip

Kantplay

@ Maven89 Maven89
@ Kantrip Kantrip

[quoteSpak, post: 19891526, member: 258527"]Here is a link to the post I was talking about. The whole phone thing popped up and started to be dug into after this post happened, so this was only a summery of D1 Ryu. Other than that, I've gotten a gut feeling on Ryu that he might be scum, but that isn't any real evidence. We can wait until tomorrow and see if the phone being stolen is real (based on either getting an item from hammer (like Ryu did) or Rake calling it tomorrow night and see who picks up) and who stole it, but the whole situation just seems a bit wacky.

I was willing to consider J voting Maven D1 to ensure all lynch pressure was off his back, but I think that he should be questioned on why he thinks Mav is scummy today. To be honest, his push on Dancer seems a bit silly to me because Dancer is a pretty large town lean for me. He seems a bit desperate for content, but we'll see if that push actually yields anything sooner or later.
Earlier you said that J has done "quite a bit of scumhunting," but here you've stated that he "seems a bit desperate for content." I don't mean to sound aggressive but you do realize that this is a contradiction, right? How do you make amends of this?[/quote]
Rake

I liked Rake's entrance into the game on first read. His questions logically led to giving him answers that would help read players and he was pushing out in multiple proactive directions at once. For once, I could actually see a pro-town initiative from Rake that I could follow. However, I do not like his play this Day phase at all. I feel like it's quite obvious what's going on with Ryu and he's either oblivious to it or he's being opportunistic by jumping on Ryu at the start of the phase like he did. There's a fair chance it's the former based on his track record of way over-thinking Night shenanigans (which I believe someone already brought up the Gheb not dying when he day vigged him example), but I feel like Rake should have learned his lesson on that by now and could be scum capitalizing on the fact that he is known for that kind of stuff. Regardless, his play toDay and the stuff Ryker has been saying about his D1 content make me want to take a second look at him and gauge whether or not I still like his early play.

Maven

Ever since his wagon started picking up steam yesterDay I was trying to ask people to explain the dislike for Maven. I still don't quite understand it as I think Maven's approach has been very earnest and straightforward. I recall Gheb claiming that he was the only one with a legitimate reason to dislike Maven and I was lazy and hoped he would lay it out rather than making me dig for it, but seeing as he is dead now I am going to have to look back for it either way.

J

I pretty much ignored him for D1 because I'm tired of misreading him because of his playstyle, but if there isn't improvement after his V/LA then I'm fine with seeing him dead. He has had some weird stances that I hope are explained better and I want to see him actually sink his teeth into this game and start pushing for things he believes in. I'm pretty sure people have already asked about the stances I'm referring to so I'll just wait to see what happens once he gets back.

This is all off the top of my head though and subject to change as I reread

Kantrip

Kantplay
Partway through my reread but I need to go to bed for work.

Ryu and J aren't scum mates, Ryu's buddying was way too direct and not something I see him risking right out of the gate.

The people I really want to hear from are Ryu, Rake, and J and everything I want to know has already been asked of them

@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry what do you think of Fanny? Do you agree with Ryker's assessment of him?

@ Spak Spak If Ryu, Rake, and J were all going to die but you could save one, who would you save and why?

@ #HBC | Dancer #HBC | Dancer I know you asked fanny but I'm actually more curious about your answer if you don't mind: Do you think it's likely for J and Spak to be mates if one of them is scum?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Better question, why did you have Rosalina's Phone, aka Red Ryu's phone.

I was told last night with Ryu dead I could call the phone and see who picked it up, Sure enough you were the one on the other line in the conversation.

I asked you during the night what the **** you were doing with that phone and immediately after I asked that my phone got stolen.

Explain Rake.
Picked it up from her when I hammered her.
:059:

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I missed this.

Rake is tunneling something stupid, but I don't think he is scum. I was just told last night I could call with the phone which was not told to me when the game started. If he doesn't justify this I am seriously looking in his direction.

Gheb kill is weird, I don't think that was at all an accident to direct WIFOM rather it was to remove a power player in terms of where he stood.

J, do you think Wott is decently even close to a town read? I don't like the way he started the vote with my claim with zero interest in my former play, without a mention.

I joined you d1 for the Pheonix wright stuff going around and that was it early on. Later on I did not think your wagon was justified.

Because I liked lunch box lady and you came back into a DGames with that Parasol girl from the games.

Don't care for Ryker's vote, want to see where he goes and questions.

Laundry needs stronger direction outside of myself.

Fand and Dancer are A-ok with me.

Still meh on Maven, doesn't look as good on a Gheb town flip.

Spak...idk maybe Ryker was right on this slot with his asking permission, I'm not sure if this is newbie style of play or Ryker might be right about how the slot played out.

Vote: Wott

Place holder til I dig in here more.
Thought I caught you in some bull.
Don't exavtly buy you were only told you coukd call it till last night cause that doesn't make any sense of why Rosa would have the phone. Unless...

Actually I might be ok with this.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

**** it.

@ Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake get in here. We're lacking information that you have and only you can sort this mess.

:186:
All I was told was I git the phone for hammering and didn't know what to do with it. Then it said I was getting a call and if u answered it would put us in a private convo. Ryu asked what I was doing with his phone and then te convo went dead

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Although her being amnesiac.
Still sits wrong with me you magically only knew what the phone did last night and that it magically got stolen out of left field. Also agree with laundry that it smells off you don't know what your other item does.

The nly reason you might have been getting messages is cause maybe Rosie sent them to you via phone due to amnesiac but still doesn't feel right.

Also don't like this magical track ability you gained. That just feels off for all the reasons

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Although her being amnesiac.
Still sits wrong with me you magically only knew what the phone did last night and that it magically got stolen out of left field. Also agree with laundry that it smells off you don't know what your other item does.

The nly reason you might have been getting messages is cause maybe Rosie sent them to you via phone due to amnesiac but still doesn't feel right.

Also don't like this magical track ability you gained. That just feels off for all the reasons

I was only told this last night and o can't justify my role better, it is what it is.

Maven89

Smash Master
@ #HBC | Dancer #HBC | Dancer I believe I already mentioned Rake this day, I'll get to this indepth when I re-read today since it looks like J isn't coming back soon. Right now I still like his slot even if I don't agree with it all the time because I felt he laid out the reasons for his belief in a way that's consistent with Rake and makes sense.

Kantrip I also like, in some ways for the same reason, though on Kantrip a large part of it is that we seem to agree on multiple issues, I like his thought process, I haven't seen anything pro-scum from him so far. I have him in my town camp though this is based on us being right, if it turns out we're just wrong then this would go away.

Maven89

Smash Master
Gotta admit my main problem with the Ryu thing is the fact that it sounds like inconsistent night timing, I don't know of a game that'd allow a night action to take place in the middle of the night and not at the end of it, and from the way Ryu and Rake talk about it they seem to suggest it was almost immediately after it began that the phone was stolen.

Maven89

Smash Master
Unless that is a thing? This is the only game I've played with items outside of Auction Mafia, but I've yet to see something that could play out the way it supposedly did

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Gotta admit my main problem with the Ryu thing is the fact that it sounds like inconsistent night timing, I don't know of a game that'd allow a night action to take place in the middle of the night and not at the end of it, and from the way Ryu and Rake talk about it they seem to suggest it was almost immediately after it began that the phone was stolen.
It was claimed to be an anytime action.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
@ Spak Spak If Ryu, Rake, and J were all going to die but you could save one, who would you save and why?
At this point, I would save Rake before J before Ryu. I want Rake to post more so that I can get a more solid read on him, but J is lower on my priority list than Ryu.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
I think the last full game I was in Rake tried to NK Gheb, it didn't work, so when the day started Rake role claimed and said since Gheb survived Gheb must be scum or indi and voted him.

I guess now that I'm typing it out there's not much similarities except that they both involve Rake coming in to full on push someone based on minor points that occur during the night, but that alone made me read it normally from him.

I actually think scum lies between J and Ryu, and that they're not partners.
who are ypu leaning towards more atm?
Fanny vs spak looks TvT

#HBC | Dancer

@ #HBC | Dancer #HBC | Dancer I know you asked fanny but I'm actually more curious about your answer if you don't mind: Do you think it's likely for J and Spak to be mates if one of them is scum?
Based purely off of their interactions I would say it's plausible. Spak has taken stances against J, Maven, and RR IIRC. I would 't put it out of the realm of possibility that a newbie scum Spak would lump a scum read in his "reads" list, in matter of fact I would expect it. None of his pushes have been particularly strong so it's definitely possible.

That said I'm not currently scum reading Spak so ultimately no.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Based purely off of their interactions I would say it's plausible. Spak has taken stances against J, Maven, and RR IIRC. I would 't put it out of the realm of possibility that a newbie scum Spak would lump a scum read in his "reads" list, in matter of fact I would expect it. None of his pushes have been particularly strong so it's definitely possible.

That said I'm not currently scum reading Spak so ultimately no.
Thanks.

Personally I'm wavering on my Spak read. He seemed really open with his thought process and I wrote him off as newbtown Day 1, but I'm starting to get worried about the extent of his sheeping and the fact that all his reads line up with the majority opinion.

If J is scum I would give Spak another look as I think there's a potential connection there.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I initially found Maven non-scummy (I think I had him as a town lean in the first list I made), but then by the end of D1, I thought Maven was scum because of falsifying votes (which I ended up getting the count wrong anyways so I didn't hold him on that because it could have been purely by mistake) and lying about what Gheb had said about J in order to push harder. He put J under more pressure than he would have if he hadn't falsified Gheb's intents, and that seemed a bit scummy to me back then. As it turns out he did it by accident (or at least claimed to), but it still left a bad taste in my mouth.
Falsified votes? You mean when he thought I voted you or Gheb voted J? That seemed more like honest mistakes, I myself made the mistake of thinking Raziek was playing the game. I mean do you really expect a scum player to pull off something like that and hope all other players simply do not check the thread to check its false? Is that the only reason you were scumreading Maven?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I thought it was a possibility because I dislike ryu's pushes and he was the only one to defend J, but everyone else I have asked has told me its not likely. That said both of them are pretty scummy, so regardless of their connection I think both have a high chance of being scum.

I dislike Spak because I already mentioned that he had no scumreads, didn't have any worthwhile content, and I am not convinced with his answers just now.

That said I don't think I can't get anything out of his interactions with J, I am still unsure if Spak is just newbie or seeming to take advantage of that fact, I'd rather lynch J/Ryu first.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I think it will ultimately lead to circles/wifom, we know how Rake got the items, but anything past that is on believing either of them on what they claim, I am agreeing more with laundry and Rake on this than Ryu, but ultimately I think its better to focus on their play, because unless someone clarifies it soon or something else happens with it, I don't think the rake/ryu phone thing will get us too far.

Top Bottom