• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revelations 2012 - M2K Vs. DEHF

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
It's official, AZ will be attending ReveLAtions, most of our Power Ranked will be attending.

Looking forward to seeing some OoS faces again.

brkrdave

Smash Rookie
i haven't played smash competitively in years, but since i'm at this tournament for other games, i'm gonna enter for fun.............are there any los angeles meet-ups going on before the friday casuals?

(i played melee and brawl, but since i'm so rusty, i'm just gonna play brawl)

D

Deleted member

hopefully this tourney is not another spit in melee's face lol

i believe in u mike!

oksas

oak-sauce
will be attending. i would also be very down for Project M on Friday :DDDDD

Cassio

Smash Master
By the way for those wondering on the Brawl side, since WC doesnt use this site much and organizes in FB/AIB more, heres what Ive been hearing as far as I know

Theres at least one carpool coming from Norcal maybe two
At least one coming from Vegas maybe two
A van of 8 people coming from AZ and maybe a second car as well
A lot of new players, wifi players, and old retirees making their return (rumors of palmdale)
A potential carpool from Oregon
And theres a ton of discussion and hype happening around the socal smash groups and chats that Im part of

This is gonna be a pretty amazing event, cant wait for it!

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
A van of 8 people coming from AZ and maybe a second car as well
Chances for a second car being needed are pretty high from what I'm seeing, looks like we'll have about 9-10 attendees from AZ.

Anyone interested in teaming in Brawl for this? I'm up for wreaking some havoc with some new blood while I'm in Cali.

Zinnamon

Smash Cadet
I am very confused, 50K$ guaranteed for every event?
Or is it 50K$ guaranteed for all of them, what is the spread in tha case?
25K$ for winner sounds like, wowomfg.
I checked about half of the thread and didn't find this answered sorry if it's already been asked.

Zinnamon

Smash Cadet
LOL it's not problem.

50K being distributed between the different events, a total number.
Oh I see, so is there a specific amount designated for each event? or will you add to the pot only if the total doesn't add up to 50K? This event is crazy big. What's the guaranteed for brawl?

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Brawl has a $2,500 pot bonus, it's guaranteed regardless of the amount of entrants. $2,000 will be added to the singles payouts (on top of the pot percentages) and $500 will be added to the 2v2 payouts.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
So who would actually be down to do the Project M side event on Friday?

Also, i'm going to be setting up an equipment list. We will likely only need gamecubes/wii's. Unfortunately a venue discount won't be offered but we're looking into prizes/giftcards to compensate.

EverythingSmash

www.youtube.com/everythingsmash
Hey! Can someone help me out here. Hoping to go to this and this is going to be my first tournament and Im signing up and Im unsure what to put when it says, "Player Handle*" ? Whats a player handle & will one person be able to play both melee 1vs.1 and brawl 1vs.1? Any help would be great appreciated, i'm new to this!

Thanks in advance.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Hi Tofu,

A player handle is simply your gamertag, or nickname. You can enter as whatever name you'd like, I for example enter as "Mike Haze."

Also, an entrant can enter whatever events they wish. I'll keep track to make sure those in multiple events will not be disqualified.

Hope this helps you out.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Part of me would like to finish a small tournament in 1 day because we can, and NYTE proved that running a 30 man tourney over the course of 2 days feels like a total waste

But on the other hand, if the venue fee really is 25 bucks, i want to get my money's worth

Final deterrent though is that I need housing if it's 3 days long, and no one lives near this ****ing venue

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
What time would Brawl bracket be on Sunday? New fortunate things have happened and the likelihood of me being here increased. I just would need to fly back Sunday night and need to know what time bracket is if I should go at all.

:018:

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
What time would Brawl bracket be on Sunday? New fortunate things have happened and the likelihood of me being here increased. I just would need to fly back Sunday night and need to know what time bracket is if I should go at all.

:018:
I'll let you know today

@stab, yeah i dig it. I remember somebody saying they live close to the venue, i just can't remember who. If it comes down to it i can probably offer housing, i live like 20 min from the venue with no traffic.

Top Bottom