• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Returning Veteran Approaching: Diddy Kong Joins Smash Wii U & 3DS Cast!

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer

Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is out now in Europe and North America! ...And to celebrate, Diddy Kong joins the battle!!" along with "We've increased Diddy Kong's flexibility this time. This picture shows how far his punches stretch during his strong side attack."

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
hehehe.... tripping is back.... oh the bananas

MUAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHH

anyway, cool, expected as such but its nice to see him back but I have to say... He looks weird next to DK... idk maybe its because he is darker... idk

but yea.... DK BANANA'S = TRIPPING hehe

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
One more thing, I love how one of the best characters in brawl got a range buff. Like for real, this game is going to be ****ing insanely broken or the most balanced and competitive Smash ever

Impress us Sakurai

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
In other news, water is wet.

But seriously, good to see him back even though it was pretty obvious we would see him again.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
screw diddy

he's gonna be even stronger if Smash 4's engine allows for more combos. He pulls off enough of that **** in Brawl already. zzzzzzz

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
hehehe.... tripping is back.... oh the bananas

MUAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHH

anyway, cool, expected as such but its nice to see him back but I have to say... He looks weird next to DK... idk maybe its because he is darker... idk

but yea.... DK BANANA'S = TRIPPING hehe
i have believed that tripping was never removed. Random tripping yes, but forced tripping no.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So we're going to have 4-5 more Veteran reveals before another Newcomer? Judging from the site pattern.

Diddy... I don't mind the guy, but I REALLY hope he keeps only ONE bannana.
His stretchiness kind of worries me. Diddy was already a beast.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I'm hoping the reason they increase his reach is BECAUSE he only gets one banana.

With a banana on the ground and a banana on hand diddy was basically able to both control the stage and punish any attempts at landing/jump/picking up the nanner with a free glide toss into whatever the **** he wants.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
i have believed that tripping was never removed. Random tripping yes, but forced tripping no.
Yea I know, I am just poking fun at that it is back since diddy's trip, infact that stayed in Project M so im glad its not completely hated

Morin0

Smash Lord
I hope he actually sounds like Diddy Kong from DK 64 or DKC for the SNES instead of what he sounds like in Brawl.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm hoping the reason they increase his reach is BECAUSE he only gets one banana.

With a banana on the ground and a banana on hand diddy was basically able to both control the stage and punish any attempts at landing/jump/picking up the nanner with a free glide toss into whatever the **** he wants.
And yet Diddy's still not the most OP character in Brawl, lol.

I hope SSB4 has better balancing (who doesn't?). I'm glad Diddy is back. I never used him much in Brawl but I like him from the DKC series :)

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
One more thing, I love how one of the best characters in brawl got a range buff. Like for real, this game is going to be ****ing insanely broken or the most balanced and competitive Smash ever

Impress us Sakurai
I'm actually betting on somewhere in between, it's definitely going to be a lot more polished than brawl, but not as competitive as melee.

but holy freakin crap look at that f-tilt! He's like dhalsim from street fighter!

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
People keep worrying he wasn't going to be in here. People were hoping he was there.

Jesus christ, it was obvious the whole time, guys.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I hope in the DK line it would be Dixie...
But i guess we'll first get to see Ness/Lucas, C.Falcon, Gam&Watch, Yoshi, Metaknight or any other veteran from Brawl...

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I hope in the DK line it would be Dixie...
But i guess we'll first get to see Ness/Lucas, C.Falcon, Gam&Watch, Yoshi, Metaknight or any other veteran from Brawl...
I'll bet money that Yoshi will be announced on March 14th to coincide with the release of Yoshi's New Island. It's a waste of an update honestly but I at least hope they note some buffs to him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Awesome!!! He's looking fantastic! And a range buff!? On one of his less useful attacks!? Glorious! My main is back! And about time to! Was hoping they didn't nerf him, and they didn't. Am grateful for that.

This game can't dissapoint me any longer!

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I don't know why but while I am a DK(franchise) fan, and Diddy is a great boy... I never used him that much in Brawl.Maybe is the moveset , or the playstyle... I just don't get it.
And in this new entry he looks bad, very bad design.
But I will try harder find my Diddy spirit, who knows...

wezai

Smash Journeyman

Impress us Sakurai
What did you expect? The game balance is done by a single person and everything is on his shoulders with the "let's party" philosophy. Sure, this game may be the best Smash for free-for-all 4 players with items on and a blast to play with friends. But that's it.

But don't expect this to be balanced for 1v1 competitions, Nintendo doesn't care about our competitive community; which is really sad.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What did you expect? The game balance is done by a single person and everything is on his shoulders with the "let's party" philosophy. Sure, this game may be the best Smash for free-for-all 4 players with items on and a blast to play with friends. But that's it.

But don't expect this to be balanced for 1v1 competitions, Nintendo doesn't care about our competitive community; which is really sad.
Despite the fact that the Melee competitve community is huge.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I remember Sakurai stating that he is going to balance the game by only giving buffs to the characters or something like that. Not that it's a bad thing if done well...

And yeah, his increased flexibility reminds me of Dhalsim from Street Fighter.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996

Where you under a rock when the announcements were made? The game balance is not being done just by Sakurai but his team as well and with the aid of Namco. The guy even said that he is aiming for a balance between competitive and casual.
Guess you just ignored all of that for the sake of preserving your self-pity and feeling betrayed and entitled.

Last edited:

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR

...? Have you not been paying attention to the updates?

Top Bottom