• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Returning Veteran Approaching: Diddy Kong Joins Smash Wii U & 3DS Cast!

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations on Diddy Kong's joining of the SSB4 roster! I was a bit surprised that his reach/range is being extended, though; I'm hoping it doesn't cause too many issues, though... :scared: Little Mac's hey-day/hype was rather short-lived, though; can't believe it's been only been approximately a week and a day since Little Mac's unveiling... XD

Here's hoping that the Donkey Kong portion of the roster features the potential additions of King K. Rool and Dixie Kong (preferably the former) some time soon! :roll:

Someone pointed out...
The Ring stage in the first Diddy pic is back to its Super Smash Bros. self. But then the picture with Little Mac in it has the appropiate Punch Out logos...

I wonder what this means...?
I can't really tell what the logo in the "Diddy Kong vs. Mario" picture, but if it's the SSB logo, maybe that picture was taken earlier in development or they just briefly swapped the ring logo again..?

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Maybe just to keep little mac a secret...

Anyways... Dixie would be awesome... I imagine her doing lots of stuff with that ponytail. Cranky is one kong i dont want but i wouldnt complain if he does appear to be playable though. King K. Rool would be funny but he has no recent appearance in any game lately and with the introduction of dkc returns and tropical freeze, there not a single crocodile to be seen... They would rather put a tropical freeze character in the smashroster.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I hope in the DK line it would be Dixie...
But i guess we'll first get to see Ness/Lucas, C.Falcon, Gam&Watch, Yoshi, Metaknight or any other veteran from Brawl...
I'm thinking that Dixie Kong will be in this one. In Brawl, Diddy Kong had a pink outfit, which I'm assuming was supposed to be homage for Dixie Kong. But while that's not really any sort of evidence, the new DK game coming out looks like it has Dixie Kong, so there is a possibility. Unless they throw King K. Roll in the game. I'd like to see Ness or Falcon, but I feel like they're going to get that Brawl treatment with being shown near the end. I'm hoping that I'm wrong.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
so diddy will have more range, interesting. If he has his banana move, I would hate that. I don't ike characters with unfair item moves. Maybe just have the banana good for one throw and not have it kept on the field to balance it.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Maybe just to keep little mac a secret...

Anyways... Dixie would be awesome... I imagine her doing lots of stuff with that ponytail. Cranky is one kong i dont want but i wouldnt complain if he does appear to be playable though. King K. Rool would be funny but he has no recent appearance in any game lately and with the introduction of dkc returns and tropical freeze, there not a single crocodile to be seen... They would rather put a tropical freeze character in the smashroster.
She has a lot more potential than she appears to, I even made a moveset for her
http://sonicguy726.deviantart.com/art/Super-Smash-Bros-for-Wii-U-3DS-Dixie-Kong-Moveset-433612169

so diddy will have more range, interesting. If he has his banana move, I would hate that. I don't ike characters with unfair item moves. Maybe just have the banana good for one throw and not have it kept on the field to balance it.
His banana move is back

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Looking forward to seeing Mr. Game & Watch confirmed next, if that sound guy's leak was right.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
the range buff is cool and all, (even if it wasn't needed) but it bugs me because it seems out of character... i remember lanky kong having stretchy arms but not diddy...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As long as banana lock is gone, I'm fine.
Banana-locking at least took skill to preform. It's not as cheap as wobbling for example, and it hardly ever occurs anyway.

Also, still love the design. Hoping Diddy will be as viable as in Brawl again. He's the only Top Tier ever who actually has balanced matchups, and all over the cast. Could be a reason why they decided to buff his range.

Hope Forward Smash also gets this buff, and is easier to connect both hits with. It's an awesome move, so I hope they buff that one to. Maybe add a third strike with his tail even? Think his tail would've solved a lot of his lack of range still, but... Guess this works to.

Diddy will dominate again :diddy:

Frage

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fragery
3DS FC
1349-4646-1151
Diddy Looks amazing if the smash 4 engine allows more combo's diddy is gonna be amazing, look at the f-tilt though, that thing is so stretched. but all i ask for is for him to keep One Banana.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Awesome, glad he was back! I remember how excited I was that he was in Brawl. Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Sonic, Wario, and Olimar were the most exciting newcomers for Brawl. So far, all but one, has been confirmed for Smash 4. I am loving the Smash 4 roster to this date. Bring me some King K Rool now or Dixie Kong :).

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Awesome, glad he was back! I remember how excited I was that he was in Brawl. Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Sonic, Wario, and Olimar were the most exciting newcomers for Brawl. So far, all but one, has been confirmed for Smash 4. I am loving the Smash 4 roster to this date. Bring me some King K Rool now or Dixie Kong :).
Wario is essentially confirmed because ashley is an assist trophy

volbound1700

Smash Master
Wario, Yoshi, Mr. Game & Watch, Captain Falcon, and either Ness or Lucas are basically guaranteed to return. They just haven't been announced yet.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Wario, Yoshi, Mr. Game & Watch, Captain Falcon, and either Ness or Lucas are basically guaranteed to return. They just haven't been announced yet.
ness wayyy more so than lucas and i think jigglypuff too
EDIT: Also ice climbers

Last edited:

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
Okay, why are they releasing him instead of Captain Falcon or Ness? Dis ain't right. If CF's not in da game, I won't buy it. (But we'll all buy it even if they make Obama a playable character)

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Okay, why are they releasing him instead of Captain Falcon or Ness? Dis ain't right. If CF's not in da game, I won't buy it. (But we'll all buy it even if they make Obama a playable character)
um have you been looking at the site it's cause he's got a game releasing, them 2 not so much

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
um have you been looking at the site it's cause he's got a game releasing, them 2 not so much
The problem with some characters being a part of a dead or inactive franchise is that they normally aren't revealed until the developers feel like it or until a day after the game is released (like in G&W's case with Brawl albeit being indirectly confirmed beforehand by a leak).

TheNinjaFreak

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheNinjaFreak
I am glad we have another kong in the smash roster. I don't see a need for an other kong. I feel as if they added one from the new game "Tropical Freeze" it would be overkill on the franchise characters. They all play the same in my opinion, if they added someone like Dixie or Cranky Kong.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I am glad we have another kong in the smash roster. I don't see a need for an other kong. I feel as if they added one from the new game "Tropical Freeze" it would be overkill on the franchise characters. They all play the same in my opinion, if they added someone like Dixie or Cranky Kong.
Really do Donkey and Diddy play the same to you? *HUGE LOL*... And even if they introduced Cranky or Dixie, imagine the way they would/could play. It would be totally different even though they're from the same franchise...

What you just said is like mario, peach and yoshi playing the same

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Really do Donkey and Diddy play the same to you? *HUGE LOL*... And even if they introduced Cranky or Dixie, imagine the way they would/could play. It would be totally different even though they're from the same franchise...

What you just said is like mario, peach and yoshi playing the same
Funny but im surprise to not see hair nor scale of that dinosaur yet

Last edited:

Surgeon

Smash Rookie
NNID
thefreakysurgeon
I was never really a fan of Diddy, but I know how devastating he can be. All I need is a Wii U and I'll be able to wreck havoc

volbound1700

Smash Master
ness wayyy more so than lucas and i think jigglypuff too
EDIT: Also ice climbers
Well I also left off Ganondorf. Not as confident with Jiggly as she was almost cut in Brawl. I think Falco will be back as well. (I only see really Snake and maybe Lucas being cut, if they are even cut).

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Well I also left off Ganondorf. Not as confident with Jiggly as she was almost cut in Brawl. I think Falco will be back as well. (I only see really Snake and maybe Lucas being cut, if they are even cut).
How was she almost cut from brawl?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Great to have Diddy back! It seems this small kong has made Little Mac's spotlight somewhat short-lived, but its cool. I'm glad he's not paired with Dixie either; IDK why people insist on sticking those 2 together because of one game from 19 years ago. That type of logic should be abandoned, otherwise we'd have a DK/Diddy tagteam going on too.

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
People keep worrying he wasn't going to be in here. People were hoping he was there.

Jesus christ, it was obvious the whole time, guys.
Well, I don't think it was obvious, per se, like Yoshi is, it's just one of those things that I didn't know, but then, it's no real surprise at all. Yoshi, for example, is just flat out obvious because he's been in every Smash Bros to date.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I think that only franchises with variable maincharacters will be replaced with more fresh ones... Like Fire Emblem characters. I don't think that Ike will return... Chrom or something will be in his place. Although i don´t really need anymore swordfighters... I´d rather see a mage in there or something. The replaced Roy with Ike... will they replace Ike with ... (???).

Same goes for the pokemon franchise... I wouldn't be surprised if they get rid of the pokemontrainer... I thought it looked stupid anyways, not having an actual name, and just running like a ***** on the background.

I don't know what they'll do about Jigglypuff... they really need to do something about his specials. Sing is useless, rest as an attack which is lame, also fails a lot, and his "mega"-punch isn't that mega. Roll-out is too much suicidal... they need to do something with these special moves...

I do believe Mewtwo will be back... just because of the mega-evolution thingy... but then again, they brought Lucario back, which will definately have a mega-evolution as his final smash... Mewtwo can be two different things

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I think that only franchises with variable maincharacters will be replaced with more fresh ones... Like Fire Emblem characters. I don't think that Ike will return... Chrom or something will be in his place. Although i don´t really need anymore swordfighters... I´d rather see a mage in there or something. The replaced Roy with Ike... will they replace Ike with ... (???).

Same goes for the pokemon franchise... I wouldn't be surprised if they get rid of the pokemontrainer... I thought it looked stupid anyways, not having an actual name, and just running like a ***** on the background.

I don't know what they'll do about Jigglypuff... they really need to do something about his specials. Sing is useless, rest as an attack which is lame, also fails a lot, and his "mega"-punch isn't that mega. Roll-out is too much suicidal... they need to do something with these special moves...

I do believe Mewtwo will be back... just because of the mega-evolution thingy... but then again, they brought Lucario back, which will definately have a mega-evolution as his final smash... Mewtwo can be two different things
No they replaced Roy cause he was a clone mainly, ike is far more popular, unique and Iconic than roy or chrom and is one of the 2 to have more than 1 game, It's not a pattern if it happened once, you can say that there will be one new star fox character every game cause thats happened 3 times and they brought lucario back they didn't replace him with mewtwo or zoroark or genesect

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Speaking of Yoshi though, I'm looking forward to seeing his design. I didn't llike the way he looked in Brawl.

Top Bottom