• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RETRIBUTION - October 20th - Cincinnati, OH - MK Banned Regional

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't think I've seen a 3-player pool yet, but if there is, good point.
The concept of ties and tiebreakers having controversy centers around such a group of three players being a subset of a larger pool; if three people all lost 0-2 to the top two and had a circle of 2-1's against each other, but only the top3 advance, things get dicey. Did you honestly think you're the first person to come up with attempting to find a simple method on handling ties?

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Read his 291 again, because this is what you're not getting.

:phone:
It's not that I don't get that, I simply ignore it.

Like I said, H2H is allowing some set wins to be more important than others. That's why it's bad. I don't care that it never allows ties, it's still bad to say one win is better than another. If there was only two players to evaulate that's fine, but you're evaulating an entire pool. That's why it's just as bad as W/Ls, which is why either way is fine.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It's not that I don't get that, I simply ignore it.

Like I said, H2H is allowing some set wins to be more important than others. That's why it's bad. I don't care that it never allows ties, it's still bad to say one win is better than another. If there was only two players to evaulate that's fine, but you're evaulating an entire pool. That's why it's just as bad as W/Ls, which is why either way is fine.
There are only two players to evaluate in a tie

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
also ralph's spotdodge is ***. if ralph EVER spotdodges against me, he eats 40+ damage. against marth ralph always spotdodges multiple times because he's scared or is trying to bait a reaction out of you. he never spotdodges as a prediction-type maneuver.

ralph if you want to spotdodge vs marth start predicting what they do and also learn the exact timing of when/where you can spotdodge marth's moves. ally is really freaking good at this and that's why playing him as marth is really gay, because even if you change your timing he knows exactly when to roll and exactly when to try and block
I do spotdodge as a prediction kind of thing sometimes I just make the wrong call. D: That's just mean to say never. T_T Also I had some bad habits at this that I just needed to fix. :I Need to play more and stuff. Also I keep forgetting Marth has dancing blades and will do it regardless of me spotdodging or not. :x

@Ralph Cecil spotdodge topic

you definitely do spotdodge too much. LMAO a lot of times in game 1 and 2 I would just walk up to you and wait. and you'd be like OH ****! SPOTDODGE! and then i'd be like "Got'em"

you definitely play a solid snake outside of that though... also don't rapid jab a falco coming back on stage. if anything time an uptilt and kill him/do big damage.

and PS1 >_> LMAO the sneakiest C4s
I know! D: I noticed you were doing that and still didn't fix it. Q_Q Also yeah I just like how nicely rapid jab sets me up if I knock you out of it, but yeah it would be better if I just did something different instead. :x Also I love PS1 so much lol. There are so many black lines that are the same color as my C4. <3

I rested Ralph out of an airdodge. It was glorious!

That was the mean. D: Also really crazy. o_o

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wait, what? Since when?
Since always (in a two way tie). That's why it's a tie, we've already evaluated their position amongst the other players.

Head-to-head makes ties impossible, improves time management, and the very last thing that we'd want to do is a rematch of every pool game to see who advances. Head-to-head emulates a rematch between the two final contestants without forcing a rematch, which is intrinsically unfair to the other players in the pool who do not get a rematch AND it saves us tons of time.

composer said:
man guys come on there's probably a better place to have this argument.
Than the thread the tournament was in? Not really. All the relevant parties are here.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Shout outs:

Ashley: you are a great and soon our team will be the best! >:D we just really need to practice more, I'll try my best for you okay? <3

Stephanie: yay! I finally got harvest moon 64 again! You and crash got to hear my embarrassing story about that game. Haha now I can relive the memories I guess? Also playing vampire savior with you is too fun! :D

Nicole: it was awesome seeing you again! Did you ever find mysterion? Lmao I hope things work out for you with stuff. ^___^ also you and Darc kinda have the same hair it looks like, haha it does look really nice on you tho! :D

Zeton: wow you are literally one of the most fun people to play...like ever. Haha xD doubles and friendlies was too fun! You're so silly, and goofy I love it. Hahahaha

Mister Eric: always good seeing you! You need to come over and play with me and kelly soon, and we should all go to canes! I found a new player at my work too. I host stuff every Friday. So come over! :3

Ybm: so glad that you made the trip down here to come see us MW folks! You're always a great guy to be around, also me and Stephanie always think you smell good! Lol xD gonna miss you homie!

Crash: wow those marvel and smash games were too good! :D I still think you looked like a dad in that suit. I'm serious when I say you should buff up and cosplay haggar!

Judo: always nice seeing you Judy! You better come over and play more! >:3 hehe

Hilt: You're my buddy! Change that rule and dry my socks. Lolololol xD I'm glad you liked my random *** doodles

Clowsui: I didn't get to play you at all! D: at least you aren't too far away! I better see you at the next ky tournament. ;D

Krystedez: I wanna see you with your hair straightened! Do it! We can be twins. We didn't play at all. ._. Phooe

Mjg: I like your glasses. Haha thanks for cheering my team on. :D

Ralph: I barely saw you here, were you hiding from me? <_<

Carl's: our friendlies were fun! I'm glad we didn't have to play, you were downloading me pretty hard. Haha xD

Darc: it's weird because from the neck up you look like a chick, but you're not. 0_0 maybe that's why you play marth!

Soul pech: you seriously remind me of my old friend jayce. You both play jiggs in a similar way and you both Linda look alike only Jayce doesn't have hair

Sorasin: always good seeing you. I swear I can never tell if your drunk or sober. This is clearly a gift.

Lumi: you need more jigglypuff action! :0

Seagull: man you beat me really bad. I felt like a scrub while I was playing you. My peach was trying to put a leash on that rabid wolf but it didn't work, I ended up just getting kicked in the face whenever I tried to go in. Lol xD

Kain: oh my god we didn't play for once it's a miracle

Tko: always good seeing you! I swear i don't think I've ever played you or seen you play. That's really weird, I need to pay more attention!

Coney: I actually said hi to you this tournament, you seemed really hyper. XD you're always so funny

Pink fresh: always good to see you! I'm glad we have the same views. <_< I wanna play your Lucas sometime! :D

Cspec: I like how everyone in KY has issues with the rules. First judo with the pause rule, then me with pools and then you with the coaching thing hahaha

Tako: oh herro.

GGs to everyone I played! :D
Sorry that's as many shout outs that I can think of off of the top of my head from my phone. Lol sorry

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I want to thank Zinoto for bringing my jacket to this event.

Also, I apologize to Shugo for how annoyed I obviously was during Grand Finals. I was burned out and wasn't able to take the game with a grain of salt, so I ended up with more than a grain. You're a cool guy, and I don't normally have exaggerated negative reactions during matches. :/

SoulPech

Smash Master
Lazy shoutouts:

CHI: This is the biggest one because I am letting you know you did great at this tourney. Don't let haters hate!

Hilt for being awesome. We need to continue eroge talk.

-Fizzle for placing as high as he did. Your ICs are bad.
-MX for being awesome with Yoshi. Suprised you didn't do as good as you should. Don't quit Brawl
-Carls for converting from aggressive to campy because of me. Stop losing to Sheik
-Juu for being an awesome friend and player. It's always fun when you're at any tourney.
-Indiana for being such an awesome state, as well as the players.
--LadiesBlade for feeding his ladies with dat gourmet hamburger
--Composure for advising me of Linkin Park's hidden message about ED
--Squidburrmoneyburr for being the funniest guy ever.
-Sneaky for being bad. (impossibleu)
-Cincinatti for horrible traffic and roadways, but awesome smashers.
--Lumi and Sora for always being awesome.
-Mister Eric for making women squirt
-Ralph for getting creeped out when I hugged him
-D-Game guys for meeting the 1st time. I'm inspired to play Yomi and I actually started playing the tutorial last night!
-Zeton for dieing to Puff's DACUS
-FF for chilling at my house and eating my food.
-Stewy for being good at LoL
-Zinoto for beating P-1
-P-1 for being ashamed by the loss and banned himself ( I dunno honestly...)
-Cici's for having amazing BBQ Pork Pizza and 4.99 for Buffet <3
-Myself for using the worst character in the game because I'm ********.

Good for now. I'll edit when I actually get home from work.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
Shout outs:

Ashley: you are a great and soon our team will be the best! >:D we just really need to practice more, I'll try my best for you okay? <3

Stephanie: yay! I finally got harvest moon 64 again! You and crash got to hear my embarrassing story about that game. Haha now I can relive the memories I guess? Also playing vampire savior with you is too fun! :D

Nicole: it was awesome seeing you again! Did you ever find mysterion? Lmao I hope things work out for you with stuff. ^___^ also you and Darc kinda have the same hair it looks like, haha it does look really nice on you tho! :D

Zeton: wow you are literally one of the most fun people to play...like ever. Haha xD doubles and friendlies was too fun! You're so silly, and goofy I love it. Hahahaha

Mister Eric: always good seeing you! You need to come over and play with me and kelly soon, and we should all go to canes! I found a new player at my work too. I host stuff every Friday. So come over! :3

Ybm: so glad that you made the trip down here to come see us MW folks! You're always a great guy to be around, also me and Stephanie always think you smell good! Lol xD gonna miss you homie!

Crash: wow those marvel and smash games were too good! :D I still think you looked like a dad in that suit. I'm serious when I say you should buff up and cosplay haggar!

Hilt: You're my buddy! Change that rule and dry my socks. Lolololol xD I'm glad you liked my random *** doodles

Clowsui: I didn't get to play you at all! D: at least you aren't too far away! I better see you at the next ky tournament. ;D

Krystedez: I wanna see you with your hair straightened! Do it! We can be twins. We didn't play at all. ._. Phooe

Carl's: our friendlies were fun! I'm glad we didn't have to play, you were downloading me pretty hard. Haha xD

Darc: it's weird because from the neck up you look like a chick, but you're not. 0_0 maybe that's why you play marth!

Soul pech: you seriously remind me of my old friend jayce. You both play jiggs in a similar way and you both Linda look alike only Jayce doesn't have hair

Sorasin: always good seeing you. I swear I can never tell if your drunk or sober. This is clearly a gift.

Seagull: man you beat me really bad. I felt like a scrub while I was playing you. My peach was trying to put a leash on that rabid wolf but it didn't work, I ended up just getting kicked in the face whenever I tried to go in. Lol xD

Tko: always good seeing you! I swear i don't think I've ever played you or seen you play. That's really weird, I need to pay more attention!

Coney: I actually said hi to you this tournament, you seemed really hyper. XD you're always so funny

Pink fresh: always good to see you! I'm glad we have the same views. <_< I wanna play your Lucas sometime! :D

Cspec: I like how everyone in KY has issues with the rules. First judo with the pause rule, then me with pools and then you with the coaching thing hahaha

Sorry that's as many shout outs that I can think of off of the top of my head from my phone. Lol sorry

I didn't know the other Nova was a girl. cool stuff.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Please no more discussions about how ties are broken :(. Chi's tourney, his ruling.

Quit braggin, bro. Being positive against Zinoto isn't all that hard.

You just have to beat him once when he's not that good and then never play him again amirite :awesome:
Numbers never lie.
Damn straight :yeahboi:

Lazy shoutouts:

-Zinoto for being P-1

:denzel:

Chi, I had an amazing time at this. The venue was kick***, people were chill, God Kais were abundant, stream was stellar, bracket was tough (like it should be at a regional). I'm recording GFs now and people should check Wuvs channel because videos are going up.

Also, I should be thanking you Reflex for letting us crash at your place until the morning. I always have a good time when you guys show up.

Also Also shoutouts to Zeton for pretty much 3-stocking me Game 1.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Forgot to mention:

Shout Outs to the Midwest Salt Circle
We failed to defend the homeland :(

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Just a little FYI, I've added the rest of the pools (I believe I'm done with pools) and added the $100 MM to the video thread which can be located here.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I don't care what anybody says Ralph has spotdodged and punished my down-b before that **** is broken as hell.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
hi ima girl

Shout outs:

you pretty much just said it ;) LOL

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sounds like the only problem here is that they called it a "Unity" tournament and then made multiple deviations from Unity, causing confusion.

Any rule should be fair game as long as you let people know ahead of time. You shouldn't be changing rules when people might already be driving hundreds of miles to attend.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
The video thread post is officially done (minus GFs since venue closed) and you can find all the videos by clicking here. If anyone has GFs and would like link them or send them my way, please do.

If I missed any videos just tell me and I'll try and find it~

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
edit: wrong thread. whoopsies

thanks for uploading all of the vids, yall sexy.

Top Bottom