• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**RESULTS** Foxy's Bromonthly #1 - Raleigh NC - Feb 7 - Melee & Brawl+

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
alright, falco, i'll definitely take that into account when i make the final codeset.

peepee, there aren't really. it's a waste of your lives. honestly, all you're building is finger speed at specific movements, just mindless beating on other players, the game isn't even very hard, pretty pointless to play competitively. maybe someday smashers can try a real game, but until then they'll just keep fiddling around with something they make out to be a lot harder and better than it actually is.

just a fighting game, guys. not that deep, not that hard. not worth spending this much time on.
Just like with any other activity that a person takes part in, they aim to do well in to imrpove their self-worth and demonstrate their strengths to others, to be recognized. Being acknowledged by one's fellow peers (as your case would be with your whole depression the dog statement over women a month ago demonstrates), whther for skills, sociableness, or any other trait deemed positive is sought after and cultivated by pretty much everyone. In this line of thought, why should smash be any different?

Like chess, military strategy, and, as you say, "deeper" fighters, smash is basically a medium for the combat staged between 2+ (the number, not the age) minds. There are many variables to be taken into account (opponent experience, your own experience, etc), reactions to read, and impossible to control outside factos (crowds, etc) to take stock of when playing.

Obviously, we both appear to be heavily biased in our stances toward smash, which is all well and good, but I don't intend to sway your opinon here by making this post. No, I aim to let you know that smash is not "just a children's game." That phrase is sickening due to it's infinite falseness, and it's doubly shocking to read the statement coming from one of NC's players that actually made the PRs.

A note of caution as well to end this wall for you Foxy: I know intelligence (partly by my own, but mostly by close association), and you should beware the overbearing scrutiny that accompanies it. Try to take joy in your accomplishments instead of trivializing them, while you simultaneously should acknowledge your faults and accept them rather than demoralize the values of others (even if only to yourself). I believe I am comfortable in saying that, while you and I both know the effects of intelligence are only positive now, I'm not so sure both of us know what may happen to those feeling superior in the near future.

I hope you take something away from this Foxy, really I do.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Better safe than sorry.

I've been wanting to type down a good bit of that stuff to get it straight in my head anyways.

Ace, we should defintely be getting some games in Friday night/Saturday morning sometime.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
man this tourney isnt coming fast enough... there should be like valentines day tourney...

hmm.... sounds interesting...

HAHA, I thought I posted this in H.E.R.B. my bad...

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Better safe than sorry.

I've been wanting to type down a good bit of that stuff to get it straight in my head anyways.

Ace, we should defintely be getting some games in Friday night/Saturday morning sometime.
Hell yeah I can't wait for you to trash me lol GET HYPED!

lord karn

Smash Master
hey ph00t if you're reading this do you want to team for brawl+? also, we should train tomorrow or something

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Because you want to make the most of what precious time that is "wasting away" I would assume. Why not find something you love, or something that brings on feelings or people or whatever that you love then? I realize things may appear ultimately trivial at times, but one has to look to the purity of activities and good times with friends, almost to dabble in the bliss of ignorance, to grasp that there is meaning to one's life, that one's activities affect their future feelings and personality, and that one can achieve nearly anything they set their mind to.

lord karn

Smash Master
Because you want to make the most of what precious time that is "wasting away" I would assume. Why not find something you love, or something that brings on feelings or people or whatever that you love then? I realize things may appear ultimately trivial at times, but one has to look to the purity of activities and good times with friends, almost to dabble in the bliss of ignorance, to grasp that there is meaning to one's life, that one's activities affect their future feelings and personality, and that one can achieve nearly anything they set their mind to.

But why is a life of doing what you love in life any better than living a meager existence? What is the good life?

Foxy

Smash Master

Peepee, I can talk for hours as well as anyone on the virtues of Smash Brothers (as well as its congruency to other activities with similar aspects and rewards).

Alex, you beat me to that point. =[

Stingers, I'm already planning to team with Vilt, but I'll play some Brawl+ with you and if you're ****** a lot more than Vilt I may consider teaming with you (since I like money and I'm already doing Melee with Vilt anyways).

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Either you're toying with me, or your responses seem so terse that they catch me off guard.

The good life, which is, in this case, better than the meager life would be characterized by happiness. Which, again, is loving what one does and attempts to improve at throughout one's life to feel good and do good. Obviously feeling good and doing good are subjective, but the motives aren't necessarily so. If someone wants to feel good, they may rob a bank, enter a chess tournament, fly a kite, or excercise. Is one activity bound to make people more happy than another? On the whole, probably, but that isn't to say that the happiness levels emanated by people across the board is exactly the same for each of the activities described, let alone what one really loves to do.

Back on track, one's goal in any of these activities is happiness, but clearly different situations and people are required to reach that level of happiness.

Conclusively, the meager life would be determined by life choices that don't allow for the happiness to enter one's life and feel worth anything. The meager life is most certainly not monetary meagerness either, as money often corrupts the human spirit with ease. Meagerness is more or less characterized by a generally reduced level of happiness.

Conversely, the good life would be determined by the overall happiness one feels as a result of finding one's "calling" or purpose in life, or even some minor activity that allows one to feel good about themself.

@Foxy: I'm so fail lol for not realizing obvious troll.

So you can talk about it, I never said you couldn't. What does that statement prove exactly?

lord karn

Smash Master
Why does the good life consist of happiness? Because it makes you feel good or content? You're just assuming that it is good, because happiness is generally considered to be good.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I feel like I'm having a group discussion in psychology class lol (which would makes sense since I haven't added anything yet).

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Happiness is scientifically proven to be good for people. I am not being egocentric in my remarks, I am stating that scientifically, as well as historically, happiness has made people live longer, feel better, and have more fulfilled lives, as well as encourage others to share in their happiness (generally of course), so that those people may in turn pass on the happiness.

Stingers, everything must be spelled out in discussions like these. Assuming gets miscommunication problems and then frustration.

lord karn

Smash Master
Happiness is scientifically proven to be good for people. I am not being egocentric in my remarks, I am stating that scientifically, as well as historically, happiness has made people live longer, feel better, and have more fulfilled lives, as well as encourage others to share in their happiness (generally of course), so that those people may in turn pass on the happiness.

Stingers, everything must be spelled out in discussions like these. Assuming gets miscommunication problems and then frustration.
Why are any of those things good? Again, good is still undefined.

Foxy

Smash Master
A case can be made that personal happiness contributes to the progression of our human race as a whole, yet that falls prey to the same suggestion that provokes it.

Scientific advanced, continuation of our species, personal happiness, human achievements, all have no true moral stance (as anything). To assume any is "good" or better than an alternative is to be blind. To make that decision knowingly is to be realistic. "Good" and "bad" are somewhat like "light" and "dark," necessary to exist as the presence of one produces an unavoidable counter-state; however, "good" and "bad" do not hold physical properties like "light" and "dark" and it is particularly easy to see how subjective and transparent the definitions are by simply looking at the drastic variations in those definitions among different peoples.

Of course, eventually everyone must concede that it's in our nature to be biologically addicted to certain "feelings," and despite any efforts we may have to convert ourselves to a minimalistic, morality-neutral philosophy, our physical bodies cannot uphold our will.

Foxy

Smash Master
idk mang that bawrrlr squared

or log(brawl)

or whatever it was game

sounds like a pretty good

what is this i dont even

chocolate malk balls

lord karn

Smash Master
Good: Being positive or desirable in nature; not bad or poor.
Positive or desirable in nature still are inherently moral terms, and what is moral still needs to be defined.

Essentially, the good is the ideal state or the state that things should be.

Everything that you have said has assumed that things should be a certain way without any justification. You think we should be happy because it is associated with pleasure, but have not explained why those feelings are good or should be desired. Why should we be happy? Why is that good?

Top Bottom