• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**RESULTS** Foxy's Bromonthly #1 - Raleigh NC - Feb 7 - Melee & Brawl+

Foxy

Smash Master
I will probably be driving solo to this if I can make it. Do you think parking will be an issue Foxy?
I don't really know about parking, I thought there would be issues at my smashfest but there weren't. I don't know if people are actually allowed to park on the road in the neighborhood (probably not, but people do it for parties all the time).

If you want to be safe, my house is across the street from Wakefield High School, and I think you can park there (if you don't have a setup and don't mind walking a little bit).

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Can someone pick up me and Flamingo from NC State? I think we want to go and try Brawl+
Why not try Melee? It's not like we haven't tried Brawl.

I wannas come... So I hear my main does well...

(Why no regular Brawly though?)
Original, me and Foxy were planning on having a Melee only tourney, with the thought of a Brawl+ side tourney. It turned into a Melee and Brawl+ tourney as some point since there was so much Brawl+ talk.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
Why not try Melee? It's not like we haven't tried Brawl.

Original, me and Foxy were planning on having a Melee only tourney, with the thought of a Brawl+ side tourney. It turned into a Melee and Brawl+ tourney as some point since there was so much Brawl+ talk.
I think attempting 1 new game is enough for one day :) I know I am just gonna be making the pot fatter in Brawl+ so...

Isn't that enough?

We still need a ride though.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Well I play B+ today

and honestly its decent.

Just thinking you are playing Brawl kinda sucks even the combos you do are alright not that flashy you could just play Melee for that if you want

The only thing I like was playing different characters.

6/10

If I had to rate it I only giving it a 6 cause I **** with Ivysaur.

and fix the only one Pokemon thing Foxy when I die I still go to the next Pokemon in line

Foxy

Smash Master
idk maybe you didn't play the newest code i put up on the front page

it definitely is fixed now.

and yeah, i know exactly what you mean, the biggest thing i dislike it that it still looks like brawl and it's really easy to feel like you're still playing regular brawl if you kinda zone out

Vilt

Smash Lord
it was fun. the old code that we had at your first smashfest was better. xD it was so weird seeing the extra line of characters and ZSS on her own. it was fun. i miss the wavedashing. this code just felt weird. i like it tho.

Melee ftw!

Foxy

Smash Master
it was fun. the old code that we had at your first smashfest was better. xD it was so weird seeing the extra line of characters and ZSS on her own. it was fun. i miss the wavedashing. this code just felt weird. i like it tho.

Melee ftw!
probably you liked the wavedashing better because it seemed a lot less like brawl than the current stuff does (same shffling actions with manual l-cancel, same wavedashing). current codes do feel more like brawl, just in terms of how you space and move, but it's much more different and is a much better game.

i do miss wavedashing nostalgia, but we have melee for that XD

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i agree with karn about the wding, but I hit the L button regardless of auto l-cancelling or not so I could care less about that.

I would actually prefer manual if the timing in Brawl+ wasn't so awkward

Foxy

Smash Master
for brawl+, i don't expect people to go crazy over it but i hope they'll appreciate that it's a good competitive game and enjoy the tournament, along with getting into the competitive spirit with it. i think the tournament will run well and be exciting (mostly in determining what players and characters are the best in it).

kupo15

Smash Hero
Foxy, don't know if you were aware but the new codes to fix the slide from jumping were glitched and caused freezing. If you tweaked mookies code set you should be fine. I updated his codeset by adding the triple jump fix and the lagless ledges because they were not working. I also updated my codeset because it had the freezing problems

Berh: The combos kinda suck because the air speed sucks. We hope to get that fixed soon

Oh and the cape joined us so thats pretty cool!

Foxy

Smash Master
alright kupo, i think i'll just update mine again like i did last time, which is to use yours and then add the extra modded stages from mookie's. your values seem to be just as good so i like yours as well.

commentary on brawl+ would be good only because people could note some new tactics happening and also some unexpected things might go on, new combos and such... however, not already knowing a lot about brawl+ could make it hard to have any real commentary. it depends on how interesting in brawl+ the commentators are.

kupo15

Smash Hero
alright kupo, i think i'll just update mine again like i did last time, which is to use yours and then add the extra modded stages from mookie's. your values seem to be just as good so i like yours as well.

commentary on brawl+ would be good only because people could note some new tactics happening and also some unexpected things might go on, new combos and such... however, not already knowing a lot about brawl+ could make it hard to have any real commentary. it depends on how interesting in brawl+ the commentators are.
Ok cool. Your find my text file to be quite similar looking to mookies atm since I had to use his as a template and update his stuff with his lol I seriously don't know why Mookie doesn't consider making the PS window a little "harder"

I would love to see some brawl+ commentary

Vilt

Smash Lord
probably you liked the wavedashing better because it seemed a lot less like brawl than the current stuff does (same shffling actions with manual l-cancel, same wavedashing). current codes do feel more like brawl, just in terms of how you space and move, but it's much more different and is a much better game.

i do miss wavedashing nostalgia, but we have melee for that XD
yeah it was still fun. we tried the new code you had up and behr couldn't say just ivy. Also why does Olimar pull out his pikmin slower? that made no sense to me. ganon is just a beast. the thing about it is that you can just pick the game up and play. felt like brawl but faster. it was still awesome. Ivy is a beast, lucas is a beast. Ness is just nasty but i fell in love with Ganon and MK for some odd reason. he was really fun

Top Bottom