• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**RESULTS** Foxy's Bromonthly #1 - Raleigh NC - Feb 7 - Melee & Brawl+

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
I played Brawl+ today, and I'm not impressed at all, lol. I don't understand what all the fuss in here has been over. I can only see it being something exciting for Brawl players that don't know how to play Melee.

Foxy

Smash Master
mask you're too stuck thinking it's still brawl because it looks like brawl

i mean, even if it isn't as good as melee (which nothing is) it's VERY competitive and is 100 times better than regular brawl could ever be.

GRRRRRR MASK I'M NOT GOING TO S YOUR D NOW

null55

Smash Master
Brawl is an amazing game that doesn't need to be hacked to be relatively exciting.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
mask you're too stuck thinking it's still brawl because it looks like brawl

i mean, even if it isn't as good as melee (which nothing is) it's VERY competitive and is 100 times better than regular brawl could ever be.

Regardless of Brawl+ still looking like Brawl, it's an attempt to pioneer a more Melee-esque game out of Brawl. It's a lot faster than normal, and yeah, it's so much better than playing the normal game, but I don't need it when I can play Melee.

You're gonna s my d, that's final.

Malk

Smash Champion
Regardless of Brawl+ still looking like Brawl, it's an attempt to pioneer a more Melee-esque game out of Brawl. It's a lot faster than normal, and yeah, it's so much better than playing the normal game, but I don't need it when I can play Melee.

You're gonna s my d, that's final.
but in brawl+ sheik is broken in NEW and EXCITING ways

Malk

Smash Champion
also wave my door fee and buy me chinese food and I do brawl+ commentary! come on!

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
You can still do that, but angrily

About Brawl+, at first I was skeptical, but now I'm really into it.
I love Melee's combos and overall pacing, but it didn't have that "zazz" among the character cast; you just couldn't connect to them.
I love Brawl's characters and the ginormous (it's a real word now ._.) diversity of stages and options.
Brawl+ is like a combination of both worlds plus more, and minus more. While I don't believe this ever will be hyped for tournaments across the nation, I find it to be a fun experience and NC could possibly be the state to pioneer multiple Brawl+ tournaments (Which must always be bunched with the other Smash games) over the course of time.

Chances are that I'll never take this seriously because it's just a hack, but I fully support side-tournaments for this.

Foxy

Smash Master
man i played like **** and this smashfest i just got back from.

the little bit of melee i got, i was pretty horrible. showing off to noobs always gives me nerves but seriously i couldn't even do multiple moonwalks or gentlemens.

oh well, at least i 3-stocked decent brawl players and won the tourney we had.

LOL I JUST RAPIN AT BRAWL IDK WHY

Foxy

Smash Master
nope, but i won like 10 pieces of pizza and 5 drinks lol

lame folks.

it was actually hosted by this college girl.

anyways, Zero, i'm glad we share the same opinions on brawl+! i basically have the exact same views as you. i look forward to playing it with you!

Top Bottom