• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**RESULTS** Foxy's Bromonthly #1 - Raleigh NC - Feb 7 - Melee & Brawl+

Foxy

Smash Master
vilt, i'm not sure, but if your wii is fully updated you've probably got it

zero, i don't know, maybe it's not in the right folder?

the proper file structure for the TP hack save is:

SD card > private > Wii > title > rzde > data.bin

if you just used the premade sd card download then it should be set up like that and should work...

if that doesn't help, is your SD card bigger than 2 gb or has a lot of other files on it (non wii-related)?

EDIT: stingers, watched the first set, nice final combo there. from what i could see, just some notes, when i play ZSS in B+ i do a lot more down-throws, they always go into at least 2 uairs, good damage. also, one dsmash into a grab, (then dthrow into uairs) is usually the best option if you can land one. dthrow to fair is also nice. for the squirtle, i'd just say that he should use dair more, it's good on shields, just is a good attack, and obviously doesn't have the huge landing lag anymore.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Yes

But I want to install Brawl+ before this Saturday

Sorry for bothering you Foxy ._.

The SD card is 2G

Is data.bin a file name? It's not appearing, the last file I come across is RZDE.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I hate grabbing with ZSS cuz I'm always afraid I'll **** up and get punished.

Couldn't grab with link in melee either >_<

Foxy

Smash Master
zss's dash grab is great though, i don't use her standing grab, it has so much range that generally you can get to someone really quickly whenever they have any lag to punish (also outspace whatever move they're doing really easily).

vilt and zero: okay, so i downloaded the premade sd card so i can look at it too... everything is here, maybe you just didn't put it in right.

so lets say you put in your sd card to your computer, open up the default/root directory of it so you can see all the folders. in the .rar file you downloaded, there's the folder labeled "sd", take the folders inside of the "sd" folder and drag them all into the root directory of your sd card so that when you look in the sd card you see folders like "apps", "codes", "private", etc. if you do that, then in the private\wii\title\rzde\ there should be a file named data.bin, i know it should be there because it comes with the download and it's in that location.

lemme know what you think of this, the issue is either that you didn't put the stuff in the sd card properly or you didn't download the right thing.

Vilt

Smash Lord
i got it all. it just doesnt show up on the wii. i think it might just be the version I have. i'll try the 3.4 files and let you know.

Foxy

Smash Master
okay, try that, it fixed it for a friend of mine so it might fix yours.

i really dunno much about that because i installed all this stuff way back before the homebrew channel when there was just the USB gecko i ordered... now i use the channel but still with the old Ocarina program instead of GeckoOS XD

what an oldf4g

Foxy

Smash Master
dark hart, you'll at least like it better than vanilla brawl

it freakin rocks, no way i'd ever host a vanilla brawl tourney over it. obviously we all know melee to our hearts and know matchups and combos and such so it flows a lot better, but brawl+ is great and we just have no experience with it.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
Soooooo I'm guessing it's safe to assume that a fair portion of NC is becoming Brawl+?
There's clearly too much emphasis on Brawl+ for this, but as far as I'm concerned with it.... lol. I'll probably try it out, but I'll be playing Melee for the majority of the time. People need to play with me while everyone is busy with B+.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'll play it some, but I'd rather be friendlying people I haven't seen in a long time in Melee.

I'm certainly not above giving Brawl+ a fair shot though.

Foxy, why would you ask that question lol.

Foxy

Smash Master
i would suggest to anyone who isn't really concerned about B+ and is really here for melee to at least enter the singles for it as there will be pools and you'll get to try it out, there will be plenty of time to play both (and probably plenty of stations). it's good fun, if nothing more.

plus you don't have to adjust between melee and it because they have the same physics (just a different flow).

DUB

Smash Lord
I havent played Brawl+ yet. I'd love to but when it comes to doing technical stuff with computers and wiis im severely handicapped. I dont even know what you need to do it, besides a Wii ...

Malk

Smash Champion
actually after watching those videos
my sheik is unbeatable

me and PP winning all 4 events
calling it here
MMs?

Foxy

Smash Master
now it should show up to transfer onto your wii's memory.

ARGH I DUNNO WHY IT WOULDN'T FUCIN FUC

sorry malk stingers and i are playing double ZSS, no dubs win for you

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I transferred the TP data on the SD to my Wii.

At what point in the game should a "data dump" occur? I've gone all the way to the point where I herd stupid goats in some stupid barn thing...

Is the first save supposed to be like a pre-played save or something? Because all of my saves are "new game"

stingers

Smash Obsessed
...huh

the data dump starts when you walk backwards OR talk to the guy

walking backwards is easier though

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
efffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Data dump did not occur at all...

WTF, I have the .bin file, I have the things downloaded under my SD file (named Kodac H: ), but the transferred TP isn't doing anything. I don't think I've ever felt so frustrated...

Foxy

Smash Master
yeah of course i am XD thinking about ganon, but shhhhhhhh... don't let anyone know.

just joking with stingers.

zero your issues are confusing

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I'm using 3.4, I downloaded the 3.4 files, and nothing...

Before downloading the files, I got a save game under my wii, then transferred to SD, then deleted off of wii, then downloaded files, then transferred back to wii. This is the correct method, right? Because, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to download the files without the RZDE folder in my SD.

Or is the RZDE file created from the premade package?

Foxy

Smash Master
I'm using 3.4, I downloaded the 3.4 files, and nothing...

Before downloading the files, I got a save game under my wii, then transferred to SD, then deleted off of wii, then downloaded files, then transferred back to wii. This is the correct method, right? Because, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to download the files without the RZDE folder in my SD.

Or is the RZDE file created from the premade package?
the RZDE file (and all the other files) are created from the premade package, you can pretty much get rid of everything on the sd (as long as you get any saves that might be on there off to the wii) and then put the premade package in.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Ok, so I'm going to delete the premade package, and everything on my SD, but I leave the "private" "wii" and "title" folders in the SD; afterwards, I will just re-download the package and try it on my wii one more time.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
dark hart, you'll at least like it better than vanilla brawl

it freakin rocks, no way i'd ever host a vanilla brawl tourney over it. obviously we all know melee to our hearts and know matchups and combos and such so it flows a lot better, but brawl+ is great and we just have no experience with it.
$10 bucks says I give up before I finish one match because I find it so boring. Wanna know why? Because I played Brawl+ at the last billfest, and got bored before I finished one match. Brawl+ still has the word Brawl in it.

Top Bottom