• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**RESULTS** Foxy's Bromonthly #1 - Raleigh NC - Feb 7 - Melee & Brawl+

stingers

Smash Obsessed
what modification was that? >_<

I wish mookie and kupo would just work together instead of releasing seperate codesets, it makes it really confusing. we just need ONE standard

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
We should as soon as we all finish testing and decide on what's best for a competitive standard. The trouble is people disagree about subjective aspects like "game pacing" and crap like that.

Malk

Smash Champion
hey guys I just added FOXYSIS on FACEBOOK

god this is getting weird I'm not gonna lie

kupo15

Smash Hero
I played with Mookie's new set for a few hours and I'm pretty sure it has those two fixes. However, I'll check it over, as I wasn't looking for them. I'll add them in if it doesn't have them since I've already made one modification myself.
Well just relaying what someone said. The actual lagless ledges in that combined code doesn't work and if mookie uses the 1 line triple jump code, then it doesn't work properly. So I added the standalone codes which are longer lines. Just check to make sure he has the longer versions of both codes.
what modification was that? >_<

I wish mookie and kupo would just work together instead of releasing seperate codesets, it makes it really confusing. we just need ONE standard
I wish we could too. But we need tourneys to tell us how the code sets play out. Our numbers are pretty close. The main difference is the extra codes we use. I have more shield mods to keep them in check which I think mookie should consider but he doesn't want to for some reason. A 2 frame PS window doesn't make PSing all that hard and drastically reduces accidental PSing which is good.

I think he hates me also >_<

Foxy

Smash Master
no malk, you're just developing a conscience

basically i'm using mookie's as a base from now on (as far as i can see) because i like his style a bit more. from there, i'm just adding the few things he doesn't have (like the no fast fall thing, and apparently he might not have the lagless ledges or triple jump fix).

so that's what goes into the Foxy codeset, but before the tournament it might change more. now that it works well online, i'm up for online testing if anyone has wifi and has it installed. i think the current codes work really nicely, also because i was able to zero-death my friend's DK with jiggs, finished with a rest... the codeset MUST be good.

kupo, i think it would be good if i tried out your set too, i see it now seems to have closer values to his (although apparently you keep the buffering? i'd remove that if i used yours). i'll check it out and make sure i test it with some friends during the week, maybe tomorrow. do you have wifi?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i love foxys old one, but this new one is kinda...eh. People slide around a lot more, it's like everyone is playing on Ice. I don't like it.

kupo15

Smash Hero
no malk, you're just developing a conscience

basically i'm using mookie's as a base from now on (as far as i can see) because i like his style a bit more. from there, i'm just adding the few things he doesn't have (like the no fast fall thing, and apparently he might not have the lagless ledges or triple jump fix).

so that's what goes into the Foxy codeset, but before the tournament it might change more. now that it works well online, i'm up for online testing if anyone has wifi and has it installed. i think the current codes work really nicely, also because i was able to zero-death my friend's DK with jiggs, finished with a rest... the codeset MUST be good.

kupo, i think it would be good if i tried out your set too, i see it now seems to have closer values to his (although apparently you keep the buffering? i'd remove that if i used yours). i'll check it out and make sure i test it with some friends during the week, maybe tomorrow. do you have wifi?
I kept 1 buffer because 0 buffer doesn't give you instant aerials and it doesn't really mess with sloppy inputs. I don't havve wifi at college unfortunately....
i love foxys old one, but this new one is kinda...eh. People slide around a lot more, it's like everyone is playing on Ice. I don't like it.
I just requested a friction code. This sliding is ******** and is getting on my nerves.

You get a weird small slide when you jump with the jump code atm. We are working on getting rid of it but its not too bad to deal with.

Foxy

Smash Master
Ah, alright... yeah, Mookie's has 1 frame buffer as well and it does help a lot with aerials. It was misleading, however, because in the code summaries on your thread it lists yours with "Yes" for buffering and Mookie's with "No" while they're actually the same.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i just recorded some brawl+ matches with my friend jim

unfortunately it has the stupid sliding but it's not too hard to get used to.

zss is **** XD

stingers

Smash Obsessed
cool well I can't update anything I have to wait for foxy to do it -_- thanks for the .txt file foxy

go go foxy

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I love MODs!

And by MODs, I mean modifiers.

Foxy/Stingers/someone who's done this before give me your phone# and teach me to make Brawl+, I'm having a large amount of difficulty -_-

Kupo, seeing as how you are the L33T HAX0R, I'm sure there are a lot of technologically inept people (like me) that would very much appreciate a "How to Make Brawl+" video. It should increase the popularity as well.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I wasn't gone, I was here the whole time. During my battle with the moderator known as Tom The Name Changer, all the moderators became afraid of the Atlantic South spam power eminating from me. Fearing another Malk, they attempted to destroy SWF, hoping to, at the very least, temporarily curb the incredible power that is spam, but I could not let that happen, I could not let the innocent DS'ers of Smashboards be victimized by the c0ck-block mods again, so I concentrated a great deal of my spam into one overwhelming thread of truth... "The REAL NC Power F.ag RAnkings", and hurled it at the forces of evil. In one fell swoop, I defeated the c0ck block mods and saved Smashboards, but I used up too much of my power and I had to rest for seven days.

I am back, and I will continue guarding the Atlantic South from anti-bros with the power of canned ham.

Malk

Smash Champion
I wasn't gone, I was here the whole time. During my battle with the moderator known as Tom The Name Changer, all the moderators became afraid of the Atlantic South spam power eminating from me. Fearing another Malk, they attempted to destroy SWF, hoping to, at the very least, temporarily curb the incredible power that is spam, but I could not let that happen, I could not let the innocent DS'ers of Smashboards be victimized by the c0ck-block mods again, so I concentrated a great deal of my spam into one overwhelming thread of truth... "The REAL NC Power F.ag RAnkings", and hurled it at the forces of evil. In one fell swoop, I defeated the c0ck block mods and saved Smashboards, but I used up too much of my power and I had to rest for seven days.

I am back, and I will continue guarding the Atlantic South from anti-bros with the power of canned ham.
zero come over and let me suck you now

Foxy

Smash Master
Zero, on the front page of this thread I link to the great guide for Brawl+ installation... it's really quite simple and useful, it just has a ton of detailed notes to answer ALL questions.

It should be able to guide you through it... if you have any problems just post them here, my eyes are glued to this thread 24/7.

Kupo/Stingers, I'll install the new code soon to fix it.

Malk

Smash Champion
hahahahaha zero I love you even more i hadn't seen your location

but yeah mask's right she's totally into me sorry

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Zero, on the front page of this thread I link to the great guide for Brawl+ installation... it's really quite simple and useful, it just has a ton of detailed notes to answer ALL questions.

It should be able to guide you through it... if you have any problems just post them here, my eyes are glued to this thread 24/7.

Kupo/Stingers, I'll install the new code soon to fix it.
I looked at the guide, re-read it, re-re-read it, and failed.

Do I need the LoZ save file BEFORE I download the hack files?
Do I need to do anything to the hack files before inserting them to wii?
I downloaded the hack files and now I can't access the SD card folder on My Computer, what do I do?
No files are shown on my SD card when I view them through the wii data management section...

I have a lot of questions...

Foxy

Smash Master
I just helped someone install so here's a super easy mini guide:

1. Get SD card, put into computer, view files of SD card
2. Download the premade SD card folders (from the guide page), get the Wii Menu 3.4 ones if you are using the Wii Menu 3.4, if not, then get the other ones
3. Put the contents of folder for the SD card (don't remember the name, it's not the "pc" one) into your SD card
4. Put SD card in Wii, go to Data Management, copy TP file (US) from SD card to Wii (delete old file if it already has one)
5. Run TP, run the first file, talk to the man, go through with the Homebrew Channel install
6. Download GeckoOS through Homebrew Channel
7. Put SD card in computer, download my codeset (the newest one is linked in one of these recent pages, I think the front page link is old), put it in the "codes" folder in the SD card
8. Put SD card back in Wii, run Homebrew Channel, run GeckoOS, start game (Brawl in the Wii), and you're good

Any more questions, ask me

Foxy

Smash Master
well, the premade sd files go in the root directory of the SD card

as in, not in any of the folders

just open the sd card, and drop those folder in. it'll probably ask you if you want to replace any files, just say yes to all. then you should be fine.

Foxy

Smash Master
new codeset up on the front page! it's just Kupo's plus more frozen stages. i put up a quote with the variables and the text file as well.

i'll watch them vids, stingers.

kupo, i just took your file linked on your thread... does that have the new code that removes the sliding? if not, you should update it and then i'll update mine from it.

Top Bottom