• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remaking the Smash Bros. series from the ground-up!

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
  1. Pokemon Stadium
  2. Fountain of Dreams
  3. Luigi's Mansion

1. Tetra (Brawl Newcomer)
  2. Skull Kid (Sm4sh Newcomer)
Nintendo DS Character: Ashley(WarioWare)

Ashley - Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopedia

Pupp135

Smash Champion
1. Fountain of Dreams
2. Pokemon Stadium
3. Princess Peach’s Castle

Midna & Wolf Link
Toon Link

I’ll nominate the Nintendog.
Brawl Sticker Welsh Corgi (Nintendogs).png

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Voting for Midna and Wolf Link and Vaati

Also voting for Pokémon Stadium, Peaches Castle and Luigi’s Mansion

DS Newcomer: Glaceon
1691333980379.png

This cute Pokémon would be a fun fit for smash. This Pokémon would use freeze dry, Icy wind, quick attack and ice fang, and said Pokémon’s final smash is last resort.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Past Stages:
  • Luigi's Mansion - 2
  • Princess Peach's Castle - 3
  • Fountain of Dreams - 5
  • Dedede Arena - 1
  • Pokémon Stadium - 4
  • Big Blue - 2
  • Mute City - 0
  • Wario's Castle - 1
The final Past Stages added to Brawl are Princess Peach's Castle, Fountain of Dreams, and Pokémon Stadium!

Zelda Newcomers:
  • Toon Link - 6
  • Ganon - 0
  • Tetra - 4
  • Impa - 0
  • Midna & Wolf Link - 12
  • Skull Kid - 2
  • Vaati - 3
Midna & Wolf Link have been added to Brawl, while Toon Link has become our first Sm4sh newcomer!

DS Newcomers:
  • Lucario (Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum)
  • T-Rex (Fossil Fighters)
  • Sylux (Metroid Prime Hunters)
  • Ashley (WarioWare: Touched!)
  • Nintendog (Nintendogs)
  • Glaceon (Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum)
Vote for your top 2, with yours below 1st:
  1. Ashley
  2. Lucario
Job #41: Vote 2 veterans to return in Brawl
Now would be a good time to decide who the last couple of returning veterans from previous Smash Bros. games will be. The list of remaining veterans is:
  • Marth (Fire Emblem)
  • Mewtwo (Pokémon)
  • Ness (Earthbound)
  • Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
  • Meowth (Pokémon)
  • Scizor (Pokémon)
  • Falco (Star Fox)
  • Ayumi (Famicom Detective Club)
  • Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch)
My votes are:
  1. Mr. Game & Watch
  2. Captain Falcon

Last edited:

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
DS Vote:
  1. Lucario - Makes more sense as a new Pokémon rep
  2. Sylux - Just for the heck of it
Veteran Vote:
  1. Captain Falcon - Well I figured the Captain was likely to be cut, since we didn't vote for ANY F-Zero stages. But by the process of elimination, Captain Falcon is the most likely.
  2. Mr. Game & Watch - Again, process of elimination, and I figured if he doesn't come back here, then he probably won't be back until Ultimate.
P.S. Hopefully we can add one more transformation character, so the screen has a 4x10 with a random box, lol

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
DS Newcomers:
  • Lucario - 10
  • T-Rex - 2
  • Sylux - 3
  • Ashley - 7
  • Nintendog - 0
  • Glaceon - 2
Veterans:
  • Marth - 4
  • Mewtwo - 2
  • Ness - 2
  • Captain Falcon - 9
  • Meowth - 2
  • Scizor - 0
  • Falco - 0
  • Ayumi - 0
  • Mr. Game & Watch - 5
The following fighters have been added: Lucario, Ashley, Captain Falcon, and Mr. Game & Watch!

Discussion #10: Transformation Characters
We're almost at the end of Brawl's roster, and I'd like to discuss a certain type of fighter before we wrap it up: the transformation fighter. Of course, in terms of those already on the roster, Zelda/Sheik and the Pokémon Trainer are pretty unambiguous, but there are a couple potential ones involving Smash 64 veterans that I think warrant further discussion.

The first is our Zelda series newcomer for Brawl: Midna & Wolf Link, specifically in relation to the regular Link (who would most likely be based on his Twilight Princess incarnation like in the real-life Brawl). I could see Link being able to transform into Wolf Link (especially since he gained the ability to do so at will midway through Twilight Princess), but I feel like that could complicate Link's moveset a bit too much depending on how it's handled. Please let me know whether we can make it work or if we should just keep the two of them separate.

The second is a fighter that was one of the first-announced newcomers for the real-life version of Brawl, but hasn't been added to this version of Brawl yet: Zero Suit Samus. Should we keep this transformation of Samus (using up our last open fighter spot in the process), and if so, how should it be handled? Please let me know your thoughts on the matter.

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
So I was rearranging the roster to fit with Brawl's selection screen. Fact is, I counted 38 characters, so in order to get a 4x10 box + Random icon, we would have to skip Zero Suit Samus. I know I was the originally the one to say we have one more transforming character, but I feel like if ZSS were to be in, they would be separate. Which isn't that unfeasible, SSF2 has kept ZSS and Samus separate while Zelda and Sheik were together, so it's probably fine that ZSS can make it in.

If not, then I guess we can get another character to fill in the final spot.

Pupp135

Smash Champion
I don’t think that we need additional transformations as Link and Wolf Link feel too distinct to compliment each other.

If Zero Suit Samus is our final fighter, I’d prefer that she‘s separate because Samus and Zero Suit Samus were mostly separate in Brawl, and I don’t think that Samus needs a gimmick tacked onto her.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
From the looks of it, everyone's in favor of keeping Zero Suit Samus as a separate fighter from Samus (and by extension keeping Wolf Link as a separate fighter from regular Link), so that's what we'll be doing!

As for whether or not she'll actually be our final newcomer for Brawl, I decided to leave that up to the next job...

Job #42: Submit a newcomer to complete Brawl's roster
Keeping Brawl's current roster in mind, submit a fighter that would fittingly complete said roster!
  • Mario
  • Donkey Kong
  • Link
  • Samus
  • Yoshi
  • Kirby
  • Fox
  • Pikachu
  • Luigi
  • Bowser
  • King Dedede
  • Captain Falcon
  • Peach
  • Zelda/Sheik
  • Ice Climbers
  • Wario
  • Diddy Kong
  • Ganondorf
  • Ridley
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • Pit
  • Lyn
  • Isaac
  • Sami
  • Snake
  • Sonic
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • King K. Rool
  • Pokémon Trainer
    • Totodile
    • Grovyle
    • Charizard
  • Ike
  • Pikmin & Olimar
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Meta Knight
  • Wolf
  • Lucas
  • Midna & Wolf Link
  • Lucario
  • Ashley
Since we just had a discussion regarding Zero Suit Samus as a newcomer for Brawl, she'll be my submission for this job.
1691462830063.png

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Fun thread, I wish I showed up earlier. Anyways, I'm gonna suggest we add Villager.
1691473645170.png

Animal Crossing already has everything but a character in Brawl, we might as well add Villager now so we can do more in 4.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I'm against pushing it up. I already think we have too many newcomers

Dixie Kong
She was considered as part of a duo but I could see them putting her in solo. The rare connection we have built up will likely help her and she'd probably be easier to make than other choices due to Diddy having stuff to work with already

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Here's our last batch of newcomer submissions for Brawl!
  • Zero Suit Samus
  • Toad
  • R.O.B.
  • Knuckles
  • Villager
  • Geno
  • Dixie Kong
  • Ray MK III
Vote for your top 3, with yours below 1st:
  1. Ray MK III
  2. R.O.B.
  3. Villager
Also, you can vote to decide whether or not to expand the roster to 45 (Personally, I'm fine either way, though the large number of submissions for Job #42 is making me lean in favor of expanding the roster).

Discussion #10: Brawl's Adventure Mode
Unlike with Melee, Brawl's Adventure Mode is an automatic inclusion, given how much of the real-life Brawl's identity was based around it. That does bring up a few questions, however:
  • What would the story be? Would we still use concepts like the Subspace Army and the Isle of Ancients, or would we come up with new ideas for this crossover event?
  • On that note, would we still use the "World of Trophies", or would we come up with a different idea for a shared universe (or multiverse) between the various series featured in Brawl?
  • How much dialogue would be used? Would cutscenes be kept mostly silent, or would we have the characters actually talking with each other?
  • How would the fighters themselves be characterized? Would we take liberties with some of their characterizations to fit them into a specific role like in the real-life Brawl's Adventure Mode?
  • What kind of new character interactions might we have given the changes to Brawl's roster that we've made?

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
  1. ROB
  2. Geno
  3. Zero Suit Samus

The story should be a Subspace Emissary esque adventure and based on an idea from a Scott the Woz video, the characters should talk but only through textboxes(a la the Paper Mario games)

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Villager
Ray Mk III
ZS Samus

I think we should stick with what we started at being 3 extra spots (42 total). 6 seems like lot especially compared to the game we are coming off from which only had 2.

I think something similar to subspace would be great for adventure mode, only major change i would want to make is having the environments based on our game worlds rather than generic themes. Maybe having some different mobs outside of Mario or Subspace originals could be better too.

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
Im not really that much of a fan for adding even more newcomers but if we have to, can you make them DLC?
This is the Wii, they don't do DLC. Potentially, they could be the first newcomers in Smash 4, but do keep in mind that the 3DS and Wii U games have to have the same rosters.

Top Bottom