• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remaking the Smash Bros. series from the ground-up!

darkvortex

Smash Champion
1. Meta Knight
2. Lucas
3. Wolf

1. Peach
2. Diddy
3. Ganon
4. Game & Watch
5. Ices

Last edited:

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
Job #36:
  1. Meta Knight
  2. Wolf
  3. Impa (Would've been Midna if she had Wolf Link)
Job #37:
  1. Ice Climbers
  2. Peach
  3. Diddy Kong
  4. Mr. Game and Watch
  5. Ridley
Also, there's a credit error on the first page. You used my Roster Builder image for Melee, but you still have the credit for the previous version of the Melee roster.
P.S. Can we make the next job "spicy" by voting who we would want to be cut? Or is Job #37 kinda already doing that?

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Also, there's a credit error on the first page. You used my Roster Builder image for Melee, but you still have the credit for the previous version of the Melee roster.
P.S. Can we make the next job "spicy" by voting who we would want to be cut? Or is Job #37 kinda already doing that?
The roster image credit error has now been fixed.

Also, yes, Job #37's purpose is to help determine which veterans will be returning and which ones will be cut (I have a similar job planned for the Smash 64 veterans that haven't already been confirmed to return yet).

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Meta Knight
Lucas
Midna

Ice Climbers
Peach
Doriyah
Diddy Kong
Mr. G&W

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Newcomers:
  • Meta Knight - 21
  • Poochy - 0
  • Impa - 5
  • Lucas - 6
  • Midna - 5
  • Skull Kid - 0
  • Wolf - 11
Melee veterans:
  • Peach - 6
  • Ice Climbers - 3
  • Scizor - 2
  • Diddy Kong - 6
  • Falco - 0
  • Ganondorf - 4
  • Ridley - 6
  • Ayumi - 1
  • Mr. Game & Watch - 2
The following fighters have been added: Meta Knight, Wolf, Lucas, Peach, Diddy Kong, Ridley, Ganondorf, and the Ice Climbers!

Job #38: Vote 12 Past Stages to appear in Brawl (1 per series)
My choices are:
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Monkey Mines
  • Temple
  • Norfair
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Corneria
  • Sprout Tower
  • Onett
  • Big Blue
  • Castle Seige
  • Summit
Discussion #9: Finishing Brawl's Roster
Now that we've got over 30 fighters on this version of Brawl's roster, how many more should we include, and which of those should be veterans or newcomers? Please provide your ideas for how to best complete Brawl's roster, as well as which fighters you'd include (as well as which veterans should be scrapped)!

For me personally, I was thinking a roster in the high 30s to low 40s, with an even amount of veterans and newcomers. As for which specific newcomers I'd add, I'd go for (at minimum) a Gen 4 Pokémon representative, a newcomer for the Legend of Zelda series, and possibly another retro Nintendo representative. As for veterans we haven't added yet, I think Yoshi, King Dedede, and Captain Falcon are a must, while Ness, Marth, and Falco can probably be scrapped given that some of the newcomers we've added can fill their roles (those being Lucas, Lyn, and Wolf, respectively).

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Discussion 9: Brawl's Roster

I agree the roster can be 40s,i think the Falco, King Dedede, Yoshi, Ness, Marth, Captain Falcon, Scizor and Mr. Game & Watch can be on the roster,while the cut characters will be Ayumi, Mewtwo and Meowth, while the newcomers my choses are a Zelda newcomer, a Mario newcomer, a gen 4 Pokémon rep,a Wario newcomer and a retro character

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
the newcomers my choses are a Zelda newcomer, a Mario newcomer, a gen 4 Pokémon rep,a Wario newcomer and a retro character
Who would you choose for a 2nd Wario rep?

My pick would be Shake King from Wario Land Shake It despite the game being out in 2008...

Maybe in this timelime, to promote the new Wario Land game in development which seems pretty late.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Discussion #9: As I said earlier, I’d specifically like to see the maximum roster be 40 characters exactly, including transformation characters (which would technically make 36 slots on the CSS). One of the characters I’d like to see is a Japan-only GBA character.

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
Discussion #9:
I don't agree with Perk by JUST sticking to 40, I feel like we can go a bit above, but 45 characters tops, that's it! As for the remaining veterans:
  • Yoshi - This is just Smash 4 promotion all over again, they were the last one of the Original 8 to be revealed.
  • Luigi - I feel like we can still include him if the roster is 45 characters. If it's 40 or below, then it's either him or a Mario newcomer, and I don't anyone would like Luigi to be cut.
  • King Dedede - Just one more villain veteran I feel like needs to be represented.
  • Captain Falcon - If we lose Falcon, then F-Zero loses its entire roster representation.
As for Ness, Marth and Falco, as much as I really like their inclusions, them being replaced with other characters make sense. After all, Ness was supposed to be replaced with Lucas in Melee, but time exists.

As for newcomers? Well considering we have Lyn, Sami AND Isaac...
1691237227270.png

For legal reasons that's a joke, and I'll post my votes for Past Stages later.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Discussion 9:

Returning: Yoshi, Luigi, King Dedede, Meowth, Falco

Scrapped: Marth, Mewtwo, Ness, Captian Falcon, Scizor, Ayumi, Mr. Game and Watch

I think the roster # in Smash should by 33 on the CSS. We already have a lot of newcomers as is. If I could choose the newcomer ideas, they would be a Mario Rep, LoZ non-triforce related rep and a retro character.

Job 38: Returning Stages
  • Peach's Castle
  • Kongo Falls
  • Temple
  • Kraid's Lair
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Corneria
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Fourside
  • Summit
  • Wario's Castle
  • Gameboy
  • Excitebike Arena

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I feel like Ayumi could miss this game since we'll likely get at least one more retro (I still want R.O.B.). Preferably I'd rather not cut any of the 64 characters but I guess we could lose one or two of the the Pokemon. Game and Watch, Luogi, Falcon and Yoshi are musts imo. Dedede too probably. Ness is prefer to keep but we could maybe replace with Lucas. I don't think we need many more newcomers tbh

• Bowsers Castle
  • Monkey Mines
  • Temple
  • Norfair
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Dedede Arena
  • Corneria
  • Castle Seige
  • Big Blue
  • Summit
  • Excitebike Arena

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Who would you choose for a 2nd Wario rep?

My pick would be Shake King from Wario Land Shake It despite the game being out in 2008...

Maybe in this timelime, to promote the new Wario Land game in development which seems pretty late.
My chose of a Wario rep is Captain Syrup or Ashley

BowserKing

Smash Lord
For newcomers: Lucario is a shoo-in and if there are time for clone fighters: Dixie Kong (who was planned for Brawl)

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Past Stages (assuming they must all be from Melee):

Princess Peach’s Castle
Kongo Falls
Temple
Norfair
Castle Siege
Yoshi’s Story
Mute City
Fountain of Dreams
Corneria
Wario’s Castle
Onett
Pokemon Stadium

In terms of roster size, I’ll nominate 43 fighters, which would be 40 if we combined Zelda/Sheik and Pokemon Trainer as one. This increase is because we had four additional fighters in 64 and more unique fighters in Melee.

For veterans, I’d like to at least see Yoshi, Luigi, Marth, King Dedede, Ness, and Mewtwo return.

For newcomers, I think that 3 more newcomers would be good. I think that Toon Link and Lucario would be good choices.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Yeah I think Lucairo, a Zelda rep (Toon Link, Tetra or Midna) and a surprise pick.(R.O.B.) would be my picks

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
I really appreciate everyone's suggestions for how to handle the remainder of Brawl's roster! Based on the suggested roster sizes and numbers of veterans and newcomers, we're looking at a roster size in the lower 40s, with 40 as the minimum and 45 as the maximum (counting Zelda, Sheik, Totodile, Grovyle, and Charizard as separate fighters). We can vote on any number within that range as the final roster size for Brawl (my vote's 42).

Also, since Yoshi, Luigi, and King Dedede were the most consistently requested veterans to return, they'll be added to the roster.

I'll leave the vote for Past Stages open for the time being, just to make sure we get enough votes from everyone.

Job #39: Submit a newcomer from the Legend of Zelda series
Since the most requested type of newcomer was one from the Legend of Zelda series, I figured that I'd set up a job specifically for that series.

For my own submission, I'll be going with the one that was in the real-life version of Brawl: Toon Link, though this time he'd take more inspiration from his LoZ game of origin (Wind Waker) to better differentiate him from the "main" version of Link (especially since our version of Melee didn't have Young Link on the roster, so there's no need for Toon Link to act as his replacement).

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
Past Stages Vote:
  • Bowser's Castle - Really the only stage that can have multiple iterations (i.e. Mario Kart)
  • Monkey Mines - More unique than Kongo Falls.
  • Temple - We can replace the N64-rep stages with more recent ones.
  • Norfair - Frigate Orpheon can replace Kraid's Lair.
  • Yoshi's Story - Only new Yoshi stage from Melee.
  • Dedede Arena - Fountain of Dreams never appeared in the original Brawl.
  • Corneria - Lylat Cruise can replace Venom.
  • Castle Siege - Only Fire Emblem stage from Melee.
  • Onett - New Pork City would clash with Fourside.
  • Mute City - Could be either this or Big Blue.
  • Summit - The only Ice Climber stage we'll probably have.
  • Excitebike Arena - Because why not?

Pupp135

Smash Champion
I’ll renominate Vaati, and I’ll stick with 43 for my roster size

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Roster Size:
  • 40 - 2
  • 41 - 0
  • 42 - 4
  • 43 - 1
  • 44 - 1
  • 45 - 0
The final roster size for Brawl is 42!

Past Stages:
  • Mushroom Kingdom - 0
  • Bob-omb Battlefield - 0
  • Luigi's Mansion - 2
  • Princess Peach's Castle - 2
  • Bowser's Castle - 1

• Kongo Falls - 2
  • Monkey Mines - 3

• Hyrule Castle - 0
  • Great Bay - 0
  • Temple - 5
  • Gerudo Valley - 0

• Kraid's Lair - 1
  • Norfair - 4

• Super Happy Tree - 0
  • Yoshi's Story - 5

• Fountain of Dreams - 2
  • Dedede Arena - 2

• Corneria - 5
  • Venom - 0

• Pokemon Stadium - 2
  • Meowth's Party - 0
  • Cerulean Cave - 0
  • Sprout Tower - 1

• Castle Siege - 4

• Onett - 3
  • Fourside - 1

• Big Blue - 2
  • Mute City - 2

• Wario's Castle - 2

• Summit - 4

• Ushimitsu High School - 0

• Flat Zone - 0

• Excitebike Course - 3

• Gameboy - 1

• Metal Cavern - 0
The following stages have been added: Monkey Mines, Temple, Norfair, Yoshi's Story, Corneria, Castle Siege, Onett, Summit, and Excitebike Course!

We have several stages that have tied for the remaining 3 spots with 2 votes each, so please vote 3 of them as a tiebreaker (one per series, of course):
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Princess Peach's Castle
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Dedede Arena
  • Pokémon Stadium
  • Big Blue
  • Mute City
  • Wario's Castle
My votes are:
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Big Blue
Legend of Zelda newcomers:
  • Toon Link
  • Ganon
  • Tetra
  • Impa
  • Midna & Wolf Link
  • Skull Kid
  • Vaati
Since we have so few roster spots left, only one of these nominations will be making it onto Brawl's roster. However, since we have so many nominations for this job, I'm going to do something similar to the retro Nintendo job from Melee: in addition to voting which of these fighters will be added to Brawl's roster, you can also vote whether or not the runner-up will be added as a newcomer for the Wii U/3DS Smash Bros. games (considering that Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask have 3DS remakes while Wind Waker and Twilight Princess have HD versions on the Wii U, I feel like this is a decision that could work).

Other than that, vote for your top 2, with yours below 1st:
  1. Midna & Wolf Link
  2. Toon Link
Job #40: Submit a fighter from a Nintendo game released on the Nintendo DS
For my submission, I'll go with Lucario from Pokémon Diamond & Pokémon Pearl, as the obvious rep for the Gen 4 Pokémon games (this job was originally meant to be specifically for a Gen 4 Pokémon fighter, but I decided that a less restrictive job would be more appealing).
1691302276421.png

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 40: T-Rex (Fossil Fighters)
T-Rex_FF_Boxart.png

A Fire-type Vivosaur that was introduced in Fossil Fighters and is the mascot of the Fossil Fighters series.

I pretty much have a HUGE obsession with fighters being straight up animals/creatures/beasts/monsters.
(Just battling with primal rage and beastly fury)

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
Zelda Newcomer Vote:
  1. Midna and Wolf Link - Added in Brawl.
  2. Toon Link - Added in Smash 4, for the Wind Waker HD representation.
Past Stage Tiebreakers:
  1. Dedede Arena
  2. Big Blue
  3. Wario's Castle
Job #40:
1691313033146.png

Sylux from Metroid, I was originally going to pick Karate Joe, but he debuted on the GBA. Ik we already have Samus AND Ridley, but I couldn't find another character to choose.

Top Bottom