• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remaking the Smash Bros. series from the ground-up!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Gonna go with what the Brawl trailer had.
(Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu)

Hoping one of the next jobs is giving franchises another rep since there's... one character I want to see in our version of Brawl soon...

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Job 31:
Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu

I’m not sure if this would be allowed because I think the copyrights are weird for this character, but if he’s allowed, I’ll nominate Vaati.
TMC Vaati Artwork.png
If he’s not allowed, I’ll nominate Fawful instead.

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
Job 31:
Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu

I’m not sure if this would be allowed because I think the copyrights are weird for this character, but if he’s allowed, I’ll nominate Vaati.
TMC Vaati Artwork.png
If he’s not allowed, I’ll nominate Fawful instead.
Is it because Vaati's technically a Capcom character?

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Is it because Vaati's technically a Capcom character?
Yes, and this makes him something sort of like Geno where he‘s technically a third party in a Nintendo franchise, and I’m unsure if third parties are allowed

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
The votes to decide the Smash 64 veterans to be revealed at E3 2006 are in!
  • Mario - 8
  • Donkey Kong - 0
  • Link - 8
  • Samus - 2
  • Yoshi - 0
  • Kirby - 7
  • Fox - 0
  • Pikachu - 7
Unsurprisingly, Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu have been chosen as Brawl's first veteran fighters!

Now, onto the GBA characters. Vote for your top 3, with yours below 1st:
  • Sami (Advance Wars)
  • Lyn (Fire Emblem)
  • Sceptile (Pokémon)
  • Zero Suit Samus (Metroid)
  • Lucas (Mother)
  • Isaac (Golden Sun)
  • Andy (Advance Wars)
  • Starfy (Legend of Starfy)
  • Vaati (Legend of Zelda)
My votes are for:
  1. Isaac
  2. Lyn
  3. Sami
Discussion #6: Third-party representation
Should we include representation for third-party series in this version of the Super Smash Bros. series, and if so, how should it be handled?

Personally, I think we could include third-party series in this version of Smash Bros., since by the time of Brawl's real-life release, there's already been quite a few crossovers between Nintendo and non-Nintendo IPs, such as Link showing up as a guest fighter in the GameCube port of Soul Calibur II and Wario fighting against Bomberman in Wario Blast. That said, I think they should be used sparingly, and should mostly be limited to series and characters that either have directly crossed over with Nintendo IPs or are heavily associated with Nintendo's consoles.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
1. Sami
2. Issac
3. Zero Suit

I still kinda wanna include Ike and Lucas feels like a later in the roster addition, not someone you show at first, otherwise I'd like him too.

Sonic and Snake should be in for the same reasons they were included in real life. If we do more it should only be one at most, and should probably be someone like Mega Man, Pac-Man or Simon.

Banjo's a different case since we've established we can use since Rare is Nintendo owned here

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
1. Starfy
2. Zero Suit Samus
3. Lucas

I think they should be used sparingly for now. The rules were different for Smash from Cloud onwards but Let's see if it gets that chaotic

Pupp135

Smash Champion
1. Isaac
2. Sami
3. Lyn

I’d say three third parties sounds good. Snake and later on Sonic were requested, and Pac-Man was suggested early on, so I think Snake, Sonic, and a free third party could work.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Isaac
2. Sami
3. Starfy

Of course,third-parties can be allowed,Sonic,Snake ano other third-party character are fine to get added on this Smash ground-up

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Sami
Zero Suit Samus
Starfy

HM - Isaac

I think we should try to match real Smash's 3rd party content so 2 newcomers in this case.

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
  • Sami - 15
  • Lyn - 9
  • Sceptile - 1
  • Zero Suit Samus - 8
  • Lucas - 5
  • Isaac - 16
  • Andy - 0
  • Starfy - 7
  • Vaati - 0
Isaac, Sami, and Lyn have been added!
1690902405646.png
1690902415384.png
1690914812025.png

Moving on to third parties, I should clarify that I wasn't just referring to Brawl specifically, but to the Smash Bros. series in general moving forward. That said, I do agree that two or three third-party characters is a reasonable amount to start with for Brawl. And given the circumstances behind the inclusion of Snake and Sonic in the real-life Brawl, I see no better option for the first two third-party fighters to include.
1690908209631.png
1690903908236.png

That said, only one of the two of them will be revealed in the E3 2006 trailer, so I'd like to hold a vote over which one it'll be (my own vote's for Snake, just for consistency with the real-life Brawl).

Job #33: Vote 6 veterans to be added to Brawl's roster
My own votes are:
  1. Samus
  2. Fox
  3. Wario
  4. Donkey Kong
  5. Captain Falcon
  6. Zelda/Sheik

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
Veteran Vote:
  1. Wario
  2. Ice Climbers
  3. Zelda/Sheik
  4. Donkey Kong
  5. Samus
  6. Fox
And I'm torn on who gets revealed first, on the on hand, I love Sonic and wish that he would have a better Moveset and be revealed first in our timeline. But Snake was done since Kojima begged for him to be in, and we have to respect his wishes. So I don't fully know, I'll just wait to see how this plays out and vote for the one who is losing.

Pupp135

Smash Champion
1. Icies
2. Ness
3. Samus
4. Fox
5. Bowser
6. Zelda/Sheik

Because Sonic was added later in development, I’d assume that it’s better to have Snake revealed first.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Let's see who our next batch of returning veterans for Brawl are...
  • Donkey Kong - 5
  • Samus - 7
  • Yoshi - 0
  • Fox - 7
  • Luigi - 1
  • Bowser - 5
  • Marth - 1
  • Mewtwo - 2
  • King Dedede - 0
  • Ness - 1
  • Captain Falcon - 2
  • Meowth - 0
  • Ice Climbers - 2
  • Peach - 2
  • Zelda/Sheik - 6
  • Scizor - 3
  • Wario - 5
  • Diddy Kong - 1
  • Ganondorf - 3
  • Ridley - 1
  • Falco - 0
  • Ayumi - 0
  • Mr. Game & Watch - 0
Donkey Kong, Samus, Fox, Bowser, Zelda/Sheik, and Wario have been confirmed to return for Brawl! As for the third-party fighters...
  • Snake - 6
  • Sonic - 3
Snake has been decided as the third-party fighter to be revealed at E3 2006! For those concerned about how this decision will affect Sonic's moveset, I'm certain that he'd be able to get a moveset more faithful to his abilities and portrayal in his source material thanks to the extra development time afforded to us.

Job #34: Submit a fighter from a game developed by Rare
Since we've already established that Rare became a first-party developer for Nintendo in this timeline, now would be a good time to capitalize on it. For those wondering what games would be developed by Rare under Nintendo in this timeline, please refer to this Reddit post.

I'll get the most obvious nomination out of the way: Banjo & Kazooie, who in this timeline would have a remake of their first adventure in development on the Nintendo Wii around the time of Brawl's E3 reveal trailer.
1690942094657.png

Top Bottom