• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remaking the Smash Bros. series from the ground-up!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
(Image comes from a Brawl Mod which would be the inspiration)
5c64372bd4183.jpg

Wario's Castle (Wario Land)
The fighting takes place inside none other than the yellow man's home.

At some points, I imagine that the giant tap comes on causing the stage to be flooded with rushing water forcing fighters to battle on floating blocks and stuff to not fall in.

Music 1: Storm the Castle (Wario Land 2)
Music 2: Lair of the Giant Snake (Wario Land 2)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Wario Stage: Golden Pyramid
IMG_2409.png

(Art by TKOWL)

I linked how this stage would work in the orange text above the picture. Basically, Wario Land 4 was already out around the same time as Melee in canon so assuming the game gets another year of development, I figured this would be a good stage to not only represent Wario Land, but also promote a then-recent GBA game around the same time.

Wario Stage Type A: Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
Wario Stage Type B: Hurry Up!

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Kind of surprised how I didn't go with a stage representing Donkey Kong Country 2 since Diddy was the protagonist.

Oh well, I'm fine with my choices.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Okay, here are the voting results for the Donkey Kong Country stages!

Donkey Kong's Stage:
  • Jungle Hijinx - 1
  • Kongo Falls - 3
  • Jungle Japes - 2
Diddy Kong's Stage:
  • Gangplank Galleon - 2
  • Monkey Mines - 4
Kongo Falls has been chosen as Donkey Kong's stage, while Monkey Mines has been chosen as Diddy Kong's stage!

Now, here are our options for the Yoshi's Island and Wario Land stages:

Yoshi's Stage:
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Yoshi's Story
Wario's Stage:
  • Wario's Castle
  • Golden Pyramid
  • Rice Beach
My votes are for Yoshi's Story and Golden Pyramid.

Job #24: Submit a home stage for Mario or Luigi
Job #25: Submit a home stage for Peach or Bowser

I decided to split the submissions for the mainline Super Mario fighters across 2 separate jobs, since we have 4 of them. Remember that you can include 1 "wildcard" stage from any Nintendo series for any 1 of the 4 Mario fighters!

For my own submissions, I'm actually going with two stages not from Melee:

Luigi's Stage: Luigi's Mansion (same as Brawl)
1690335585701.png

Bowser's Stage: Bowser's Castle (same as Super Smash Flash 2)
1690335731652.png

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Last edited:

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
Couldn't post a lot today since I have classes again, so here's my takes:
I vote for Yoshi's Story (effectively replacing Super Happy Tree) and Wario's Castle.

As for Job #24:
First off, if I were to submit the same as DragonRobotKing26, I would actually call it Subcon and not Mushroom Kingdom II.
However, instead...
1690354766622.png

Let's get crazy: Mario Raceway from Mario Kart 64. There's two ways you can go with the layout: the one shown on the image where it's a simple platform with two floating ones with the circuit in the background, or Figure-8 Circuit from the recent games and give it a Mario Kart 64 fresh look! (Obviously it's the home stage for Mario).

Music 1: Mario Circuit (from Super Mario Kart)
Music 2: N64 Rainbow Road (from Mario Kart 64) - F-Zero X Remix

As for Job #25:
Yeah I'm doing a copout and agree with DragonRobotKing26, with the one exception being I would have the Rainbow Cruise theme be the second song instead of the original Bob-Omb Battlefield theme.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
Luigi Stage: Luigi Raceway (Mushroom Cup)
Luigi_Raceway_MK64_JP.png

(I know what you're thinking but I couldn't get a better quality screenshot for the life of me)

This would be a traveling stage that takes place on the road of the stage. Fighters duke it out on a platforms that moves across the stage. Whenever it stops, Toads appear as they drive along the road, damaging any fighter who isn't still on the platform. There are also rows of items boxes to break open to get an item from the Mario series.

Luigi Stage Type A: Mario Kart 64
Luigi Stage Type B: Super Mario Kart

BTW, I think at some point I'd like to do an Adventure Mode.

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Mario Stage: Bob-Omb Battlefield (Island in the Sky)
View attachment 375125
(picture taken from the Brawl mod)

This would be a relatively simple stage, taking place on the floating island with the stage in view. There are two platforms that move around the stage very slowly.

Mario Stage Type A: Super Mario Bros.
Mario Stage Type B: Super Mario 64

Luigi Stage: Luigi Raceway (Mushroom Cup)
View attachment 375126
(I know what you're thinking but I couldn't get a better quality screenshot for the life of me)

This would be a traveling stage that takes place on the road of the stage. Fighters duke it out on a platforms that moves across the stage. Whenever it stops, Toads appear as they drive along the road, damaging any fighter who isn't still on the platform. There are also rows of items boxes to break open to get an item from the Mario series.

Luigi Stage Type A: Mario Kart 64
Luigi Stage Type B: Super Mario Kart
You can only submit a Mario stage or a Luigi stage for Job #24, not a Mario stage and a Luigi stage. You're still free to submit a home stage for Peach or Bowser for Job #25, though.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Screenshot_20230726-223552_YouTube.jpg

Airship Fleet (Dark Land)
Home stage of Bowser himself, taking place on his fleet of airships flying through the skies.

The stage itself would be a scrolling type having the fighters going from ship to ship battling each other while avoiding cannonballs firing and wrench throwing moles as well other airships in the background joining the fun.

Music 1: Airship (Mario Bros. All Stars)
Music 2: Bowser Battle (Mario Bros. All Stars)

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Yoshi: Yoshi’s Story
Wario: Wario’s Castle

I’ll nominate Bob-omb battlefield for Mario.
Screenshot of Bob-omb Battlefield from Super Mario 64.
Songs: Bob-Omb Battlefield
Whomp Fortress

I’ll nominate Above Peach’s Castle for Peach.
PeachCastleSSB.jpg
Music: Peach’s Castle Grounds
Royal Raceway

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi's Stage:
  • Yoshi's Island - 2
  • Yoshi's Story - 5
Wario's Stage:
  • Wario's Castle - 5
  • Golden Pyramid - 1
  • Rice Beach - 1
Yoshi's Story and Wario's Castle have been added!

Here are our options for the Super Mario stages. Remember, only vote 1 stage per fighter (self-votes are allowed)!
Mario's Stage:
  • Subcon
  • Mario Raceway
  • Bob-omb Battlefield
Luigi's Stage:
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Luigi Raceway
  • Luigi's Engine Room
Peach's Stage:
  • Princess Peach's Castle
  • Rainbow Road
  • Above Peach's Castle
Bowser's Stage:
  • Bowser's Castle
  • Airship Fleet
My votes are for Mario Raceway, Luigi's Mansion, Peach's Castle, and Bowser's Castle.

Job #26: Submit up to 2 home stages for the Pokémon fighters
Reminder that there's still one "wildcard" stage available, so if there's another series that you feel hasn't gotten enough representation in terms of stages, now would be the time to submit a stage for that series!

For my first submission, I'm going to get the obvious one out of the way: Pokémon Stadium as Pikachu's home stage. It's the exact same as it was in Melee.
1690405468565.png

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
images (1) (5).png

Sprout Tower (Violet City)
Home stage of Scizor, was planned to be in Melee but scrapped.

A thin, vertical stage with a solid base at the bottom and five pass-through platforms in sequence at the top, making it somewhat a stretched-out version of Tomodachi Life.

However, the placement of these platforms make it unique: the two larger ones on the edges of the roofs can be ledge grabbed, but the smaller ones cannot.

No conventional damaging hazards take place on the stage, but every once in awhile, one of the middle sliding doors will open, showing the pillar in the middle begin to sway to the left or right and the entire tower will tilt by about 20-25 degrees that direction!

Suddenly, certain blast zones become closer or farther and terrain becomes slanted, changing up the flow of battle!

After about 20-25 seconds, the central pillar moves back in position, stabilizing the stage to its regular layout.

The stage has a day-night cycle, going through a cycle every 3 minutes or so.
(In the distant background on rare occasions, Ho-oh and Lugia can be seen flying around at day and night respectively)

Music 1: Trainer Battle (Gold/Silver/Crystal)
Music 2: Violet/Olivine City (Gold/Silver/Crystal)

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Mario Raceway, Luigi’s Mansion, Above Peach’s Castle, Bowser’s Castle

I'll nominate Kanto Skies for Meowth.
Poké Floats
Songs: Poke Floats
Kanto Wild Pokemon Battle

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
Pikachu Stage: Pallet Town
Pallet Town.png

This would be a relatively simple stage, taking place on the roof of Professor Oak's laboratory with Ash and Gary's houses in the background and two platforms to the left and right. Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle will appear and use Sleep Powder, Ember and Rain Dance, respectively (although only one Pokémon appears at a time). Sleep Powder slowly travels around and puts fighters to sleep; Ember slowly expands to damage fighters and stays on the floor for a bit; and Water Gun pushes fighters off the stage.

Pikachu Stage Type A: Pokémon
Pikachu Stage Type B: Gotta Catch 'em All!

Mewtwo Stage: Cerulean Cave
Cerulean Cave.jpg

Even simpler in design than Pallet Town; it's primarily a central platform with three smaller platform floating above it. It may sound like a Battlefield rip off on paper, but the three smaller platforms actually move around to different spots every once in an while…almost as if they’re being moved by telekinesis.

Mewtwo Stage Type A: Pokémon Red & Blue
Mewtwo Stage Type B: Mewtwo Strikes Back

Honorable mentions I wanted to include were Pokémon Center (Meowth Stage) and Sprout Tower (Scizor Stage).

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu Stage: Pallet Town
View attachment 375139
This would be a relatively simple stage, taking place on the roof of Professor Oak's laboratory with Ash and Gary's houses in the background and two platforms to the left and right. Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle will appear and use Sleep Powder, Ember and Rain Dance, respectively (although only one Pokémon appears at a time). Sleep Powder slowly travels around and puts fighters to sleep; Ember slowly expands to damage fighters and stays on the floor for a bit; and Water Gun pushes fighters off the stage.

Pikachu Stage Type A: Pokémon
Pikachu Stage Type B: Gotta Catch 'em All!

Mewtwo Stage: Cerulean Cave
View attachment 375140

Even simpler in design than Pallet Town; it's primarily a central platform with a smaller platform floating above it and moving left and right. Essentially, it's meant to be a competitive stage and I know I blatantly plagiarized Smashville and no I am not sorry.

Mewtwo Stage Type A: Pokémon Red & Blue
Mewtwo Stage Type B: Mewtwo Strikes Back

Honorable mentions I wanted to include were Pokémon Center (Meowth Stage) and Sprout Tower (Scizor Stage).
Seeing the inclusion of music from the Pokémon anime (specifically from the 4kids dub, at that), I figured that it was time to open up another discussion:

Discussion #4: Pokémon anime music
Should music from the Pokémon anime be eligible for inclusion in the soundtracks of the Smash Bros. games of this thread's timeline? If so, should it be from the original Japanese soundtrack, the English dub soundtrack, or both? Please let me know your thoughts on the matter.

Personally, I'm not against its inclusion, seeing as the Pokémon representation in the Smash Bros. games is already influenced by the anime to a significant extent. That said, I'd prefer to use music from the anime sparingly, and to focus on the Japanese soundtrack over the English one. Mind you, this isn't even taking potential licensing issues regarding the music from both versions the anime into account, which could complicate things further.

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
I'll post my Pokémon stages later since I have classes again.

Aside from the licensing, I think the closest thing we can get is the instrumentals of the anime OPs in the game. Either way (instrumentals or the actual vocals), if this means we can potentially listen to Mezase Pokémon Master and future openings, then I'm ok with that!

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
Mario Stage Voting:
  • Mario Raceway (I think this is the wildcard stage, which I'm a bit iffy on since it's part of the larger Mario franchise, but whatevs)
  • Luigi's Engine Room (Oddball pick, and I also think it's a bit too early for Luigi's Mansion)
  • Princess Peach's Castle (Obvious pick)
  • Bowser's Castle (Also obvious pick)
Meowth's Stage:
Let's get it done right!
1690446810626.png

Meowth's Party, baby!!! One platform with a few platforms (maybe laid out like Small Battlefield but angled), with Meowth and various other Pokemon in the background simple enough! Also would be good to showcase the anime songs.

Music 1: Meowth's Party - Japanese (from Pocket Monsters: Gold and Silver) or Meowth's Party - English (from Pokémon: The Johto Journeys)
Music 2: Wild Pokemon Theme - Johto (from Pokémon Gold and Silver) OR The first anime opening of the Johto League (each language)

Scizor's Stage:
Idk, just like Mamboo07, probably Sprout Tower?

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Mario's Stage:
  • Subcon - 0
  • Mario Raceway - 3
  • Bob-omb Battlefield - 4
Luigi's Stage:
  • Luigi's Mansion - 4
  • Luigi Raceway - 2
  • Luigi's Engine Room - 1
Peach's Stage:
  • Princess Peach's Castle - 6
  • Rainbow Road - 0
  • Above Peach's Castle - 1
Bowser's Stage:
  • Bowser's Castle - 7
  • Airship Fleet - 0
Bob-omb Battlefield, Luigi's Mansion, Princess Peach's Castle, and Bowser's Castle have been added!

Now, onto the Pokémon stages. I've decided to change my second submission to Whirl Islands. The main platform is an island with a raised center area containing a shrine, with two smaller islands to the side serving as additional platforms. The shrine itself would be similar to the one from the second movie, complete with the three elemental orbs of Ice, Lightning, and Fire, with each orb occasionally reacting to signal the arrival of one of the Legendary Birds:
  • Ice: Articuno, which uses Blizzard to freeze nearby fighters.
  • Lightning: Zapdos, which uses Thunder to strike various parts of the stage with lightning.
  • Fire: Moltres, which uses Fire Spin to create a swirling column of fire in the center of the stage.
  • All three: Lugia, which uses Aeroblast to blast fighters away from the central island.
This would be a home stage for Mewtwo, due to both it and Lugia being Psychic-type Legendary Pokémon associated with the earliest Pokémon movies.
1690461628485.png

Pikachu's Stage:
  • Pokémon Stadium
  • Pallet Town
  • Pokémon Island
Meowth's Stage:
  • Kanto Skies
  • Meowth's Party
Mewtwo's Stage:
  • Cerulean Cave
  • Whirl Islands
My votes are for Pokémon Stadium, Meowth's Party, and Whirl Islands. Since Sprout Tower was the only submission for Scizor's stage, it will be added by default.

Job #27: Submit a selection of items for Melee
Much like with Smash 64, there isn't really much I'd change with the items already included in the real-life Melee. However, I would make a few additions to Melee's existing item roster:
  • Peanut Gun (Donkey Kong 64, holdover from our version of Smash 64)
  • Smart Bomb (Star Fox series, same as Brawl)
  • Deku Nut (Legend of Zelda series, same as Brawl)
  • Pitfall (Animal Crossing, same as Brawl)
New Pokémon Assists:
  • Ditto (same as Ultimate, was originally planned for the real-life Melee)
  • Eevee (holdover from our version of Smash 64)
  • Gligar (same as Super Smash Flash 2)
  • Heracross (replaces Scizor, functionally similar)
  • Sneasel (functionally the same as Weavile in Brawl)
  • Porygon2 (since Eevee took its original assist function, it now uses Tri-Attack to damage opponents, with a 33% chance of fire damage, 33% chance of electric damage with an additional chance to stun, and a 33% chance of ice damage with an additional chance to freeze)

Last edited:

TheLastMaverickHunter

Smash Journeyman
I think we should allow stuff from the anime, maybe we could work our way to allowing stuff from like Captain N, Kirby Right Back at Ya,etc.
I was about to ask that too. I made a similar post elsewhere about the DKC cartoon. But if Nintendo can negotiate with Disney, they can definitely get this done imo.

Right Back at Ya should be easy though, just look at the 2000s Kirby games (Mass Attack too).

Last edited:
Top Bottom