• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reloaded VI - July 9th - 11th, 2010

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys,

I know it was posted onto the end of the last Relaoded thread, but we have formally announced that we will be running another Reloaded event in july as we shift from summer to winter. The reasons for this include us not having to worry about the heat and it being far enough way from christmas that it might not have the same financial impact.

In any case, due to the numbers of smash players who continue to attend Reloaded in droves, i can confirm that Smash will again play a part at this Reloaded event, both in 1v1 and 2v2 formats. Unlike last time, AVCON will not run a smash tournament at this event. Prize money is yet to be confirmed but is likely to be about $500 (as per usual except for R3).

What Id really like is suggestions from you guys as to how we can make the experience better for you? We've made some changes already including
- confirming prize money by the official April 10 launch.
- Working with the smash community (primarily through jamage and these boards) to define an apropriate ruleset.
- working with the smash community to confirm a timetable well ahead of the event. (this should be confirmed by the end of may)

If theres anything else you would like to see at the event, or suggestions to help us manage the event better please dont hesitate to let us know. now is the chance to influence reloaded management (ie.me)

ill be checking back frequently. Thanks for your time.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Reloaded VI - July 9th - 11th, 2010
St Clair Recreation Centre Woodville, South Australia.

Ruleset used will be the same or very similar to last Relaoded.
No items in any comps.

Hopefully all those who came down here for the last one will be back and hopefully a bunch more people will too.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
they prob all realized how bad it was and spread the word so i doubt anyone will go lol

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
havent seen a bad report from anyone that went on here? we arent changing things because it was bad, we're changing them because we dont want it to be stale.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I didn't mind the event, had no major issues. But a lot of that can be attributed to the out of state smashers that attended.

I'll probably (maybe, might, possibly, w/e) be overseas during this one.
If no OoSer goes, ant or Apollo will probably win it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I will be very happy and most likely attend if there are early confirmations of prize money, schedule and (not as important, but hopefully) rulesets well before the event :).

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
well thats what this thread was for, so you could tell us what you think needs doing. dont just tell me a lot needs to be done. I know things need improving or I wouldnt bother making these posts.

zApollo

Smash Ace
A suggestion would be to allow smashers to bring their own TV's and wii's for the brawl competition without having to pay for the extra costs it would incur. This would easily clear up any issues with TV shortages.

Perhaps having a small melee tournament on the side would attract more people.

As for attendance, I should be able to house someone. And host meets before and after the tournament as I did earlier during Reloaded 5. I can't guarantee being at the top of my game though, as July is the month of my final year trial examinations.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
A suggestion would be to allow smashers to bring their own TV's and wii's for the brawl competition without having to pay for the extra costs it would incur. This would easily clear up any issues with TV shortages.

Perhaps having a small melee tournament on the side would attract more people.

As for attendance, I should be able to house someone. And host meets before and after the tournament as I did earlier during Reloaded 5. I can't guarantee being at the top of my game though, as July is the month of my final year trial examinations.
Yes, have Melee!
Both games working together.
Bi-Smashuality as we call it.

Will there be any N64 madness at this event?
Goldeneye - 08. Good times!

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Lol
I loved the GoldenEye tourney last reloaded.
Especially since I randomly won it after not playing 007 in like 6 years (played plenty of PD though).
Hope we can have a Perfect Dark Arcade setup as well (if it's decent, don't see why it wouldn't be; <3 60fps).
Oh wait I don't even know where I'll be when this is on. Blah....

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah i had fun, ill do this again. if attila isnt going, i take shaya as team mate. =)
and ill win goldeneye next time nova ehehe, same monkey ball :p

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Tibs I'm in no mood for your mendacious suggestions. :@
I will destroy you in GoldenEye.
RCP90 to YOUR HEAD.
You'll beat me in Brawl though.
I have more trouble against you than anyone else in this country at Brawl....
And lol
You at Master 3...
JUST LOL....
Irony is you beat me with a monkey on Brawl...
*Sigh*

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
I should have entered Goldeneye. I won the last 2 perfect Dark tourneys and in 1999 beat the Goldeneye SA state champ 50-8. Hopefully we can have a Perfect Dark Arcade tourney.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I should have entered Goldeneye. I won the last 2 perfect Dark tourneys and in 1999 beat the SA state champ 50-8. Hopefully we can have a Perfect Dark Arcade tourney.
Perfect Dark wasn't realeased until June 2000.
Impressive! 0_0

Yah, i'd like to pop down to Radelaide again, but I don't think I have the moneys.
Hope it all goes well for yas. :)

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
I forgot to add Goldeye into that sentance :p

Hope you can make it down again DJ your an fn champ.

earla

Smash Lord
what the total $ you can win from entering all brawl events at reloaded VI ?

thx

zApollo

Smash Ace
Will you come back to Reloaded, Tedeth and Luke? SA desperately needs more interstate players to attend.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
not sure, we may very well be in america during those dates, dunno

and as much as I'd love to come see you and metanova, I dont think I could stomach the rest of SA lol

zApollo

Smash Ace
not sure, we may very well be in america during those dates, dunno

and as much as I'd love to come see you and metanova, I dont think I could stomach the rest of SA lol
If you can, please do! I'll try gather some information regarding ticketing and accommodation. Tell everyone you can about reloaded. I wish I could build hype like the other tournaments, it would help improve the SA scene! Every little bit helps.

I'm sure we can figure out ways to tolerate SA =P

BIG EDIT: So I was bored and decided to research some flight prices, these are only to be used as a guideline and do not take advantage of any deals. Please check the sites before confirming prices.

Details taken 13/4/2010
Quantas fare details

Sydney to Adelaide

Tiger Airlines
9th July- $68 Destination (All Day)
11th July- $68 Return (All Day)
12th July- $58 Return (All Day)

Virgin (Add $10 for check-in baggage)
9th July- $115 Destination (Evening Flights)
11th July- $115 Return (Evening Flights)
12th July- $115 Return (Morning Flights)

Qantas
9th July- $190-210 Destination (Evening Flights)
11th July- $190-210 Return (Evening Flights)
12th July- $129-175 Return (Morning Flights)

Melbourne to Adelaide

Tiger Airlines
9th July- $38-68 Destination (All Day)
11th July- $38-58 Return (All Day)
12th July- $38 Return (All Day)

Virgin (Add $10 for check-in baggage)
9th July- $115-135 Destination (Evening Flights)
11th July- $99-115 Return (Evening Flights)
12th July- $79-99 Return (Morning Flights)

Qantas
9th July- $166-195 Destination (Evening Flights)
11th July- $125-166 Return (Evening Flights)
12th July- $95-166 Return (Morning Flights)

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
I can confirm that Smash will be run at this Reloaded with $500 worth of cash available again. This is allocated to "pro" competition using rules that were around last year - as opposed to the ones at the avcon run tournament. There may be a general smash with items comp, but it wont be for prize money.

Still firming up the admin team for smash, but hoping that Jamage will step up again, as he has at every other reloaded.

Reloaded dates are fixed for Friday, July 9th - Saturday, July 11th. All Smash comps will run on the saturday.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
on another note, there will be screens available for you to just plug in and run your own competitions if you have certain niche games that we dont have on the official tournament schedule. You just need to notify the console admin (legionx) and he'll tee it up.

zApollo

Smash Ace
on another note, there will be screens available for you to just plug in and run your own competitions if you have certain niche games that we dont have on the official tournament schedule. You just need to notify the console admin (legionx) and he'll tee it up.
Melee, MM or tournaments. Somebody will need to bring discs though.

Oh and shotgun monkeyball!!

If I can save enough money before then, I will probably definitely come to this.
Reloaded has just become a lot LOT more popular.

Travisent

Smash Rookie
I'm not attending if Metanova or any of his relatives are. Mainly because I do not feel safe. I had fun in Jan but I had to stick to the PC area.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
im going to assume 500 bucks is the pot for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. is the same 500 bucks also paying prizes to teams, also?

zApollo

Smash Ace
The pot is exactly the same as Reloaded 5, so I assume the prize allocation should also be the same. Earl would know 1st place for singles, and luke/tedeth for doubles. I'm not sure about the avcon run tournaments (the one with items), I'd imagine it's similar though.

Also, got confirmation that the ruleset, so far, is similar to that of Reloaded 5 (which is same of SG, excluding the mk soft ban), here is some copypasta.

Super Smash Bros Brawl Rules (subject to change)
Format :
1v1
2v2
FFA

Cash Prizes: $500

1v1
3 Stock
7 Minute time limit
Items Off
Double elimination Best of 3
Finals best of 5

2v2
Same as 1v1 but with team damage set to ON

Stages (under discussion)
1st round of 3 set to random then loser may choose any stage from regular or counterpick stages.
1st game: Random
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

2nd (and 3rd if required):Counterpick, loser picks from:
Delfino Plaza (D)
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1

All other stages are banned for tournaments.

Other Rules
Stalling - Stalling is not allowed. Stalling a match includes any method the player might use to prolong a match by placing their character in a position wherein an opponent cannot reach them. Peach's Across B for example, can be used to stall underneath stages like Battlefield. Running away would not be considered stalling however, as your ability to evade the opponent is only as good as the opponent's method of catching you.

Metaknight’s Infinite Dimensional Cape - A technique that renders a character invisible and invincible indefinitely is banned. If a player is reported to be abusing this, they will be disqualified from their round and penalised.

Ice Climbers Chain Throw - Is legal, however, extending a chain-throw past 300% will be considered stalling.

The Dedede Rule
(D) signifies the stage is not selectable if someone is using Dedede, unless both players agree.
Originally proposed by CATS and Shaz this rule is designed to prevent people abusing King DeDeDe's d-throw chainthrow.
Dedede may not choose to play on stages that have a 'D' next to them.
Dedede's opponent may choose to play on one of these stages if they wish. If a random stage is chosen and it comes up with a 'D' stage you and you are against Dedede you may quit and restart within 5 seconds.
That and the very complicated item list for the avcon ruleset, I'm sure Nova knows it off by heart =P

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
im awaiting confirmation of funding, but there may be additional prize money again for this as we try to ramp up the console competitions. Im hoping to find cash for melee as well as a little more for brawl.

AVCON rules will NOT be used for this event, although there may be a "fun" standard all items ffa for casual players.

Console players entering this event will pay $10 for entry, the same as last time. This time however, you may be accompanied by a lady friend or relative (or enemy if you have no friends) for free.

Thnaks to Apollo for putting up the ruleset from last time, Ill see if i can confirm that will be it from the tournament admin.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I dont mean to sound disrespectful or come of as an ***, even though I totally will

but I see your trying to get the message across with things like this "AVCON rules will NOT be used for this event" that this is going to be a proper seriously run tourney.

but, and I say this with all seriousness, jamage doesnt know the first thing about running a tourney
he's half your problem. :)

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Until someone else steps up to the plate, he's all ive got. Im not eactly drowning in volunteers. Bearing in mind, that this isnt something i have regular staff for at Valhalla.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Luke seems to be the only one complaining and acting like a troll so just ignore it. Everyone else including some of the interstate players said I did a great job. If someone wants to come and do it all for me go ahead ill sit back and relax but like Wookie said atm im pretty much it.

Also agreeing with Ant ^

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I sure as hell ain't hosting anything.
I get too angry too easily.
And apparently people are scared of me.
Because I'm like a giant body builder or something.

If Shaya comes to this (which he expressed interest) maybe he could host the Brawl side if people have any major issues.
Other than that I'm pretty sure I'll make it to this, that'll be 2 majors in two weeks, RIGHT in between my birthday as well.

Top Bottom