• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reloaded 5 Gaming Festival - $90K in Prizes! 16/1/10

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Well I've asked for Brawl singles to be swapped with doubles (meaning they happen on Sunday like what was originally set) instead of Saturday on the Reloaded site. Thanks for the replies at least Wookie.

Edit: If Brawl singles happens early on Saturday, I probably won't even be able to participate as I'm only getting back at like 1pm on that day. *Sigheration*. Least I'll get OoS friendlies I guess.

earla

Smash Lord
.. items are on? is this serious?

nicks and i bought 170$ tickets. not interested in coming if the ruleset isn't legit.

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah i think its only for doubles...and then theres a FFA with items ofcourse

Nova

Banned via Warnings
.. items are on? is this serious?

nicks and i bought 170$ tickets. not interested in coming if the ruleset isn't legit.
I'm very confident that the rules for singles are the smashboards style rules. Doubles I'm not so sure, but everyone there will complain about it so it'll get changed.

If it doesn't, I'll hit people with AV cords.

Edit: I'll also Money Match (lawl typoed that as Monkey Match at first) any OoSer for like $5 or $10, until I run out of money or rage quit the whole thing or something. Luke, Ted and Tibs and the main ones I want to MM though; never played any of them in singles.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Doubles is no items. Im positive on this.
And if by some freak chance they are on, ignore the rule and play without items.

It says its run by avcon/evac ppl.
At avcon, doubles was smashboards style rules, except there was no best out of 3 for the first rounds (due to so many entrants)

earla

Smash Lord
i c. please confirm that theres no items for doubles to assure al the oos's this is worth our trip.$

+ confirm actual scehdule for brawl events?

cheers

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
1v1
3 Stock
7 Minute time limit
Items Off
Double elimination Best of 3
Finals best of 5

Stages
1st round of 3 set to random then loser may choose any stage from regular or counterpick stages.
1st game: Random
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

2nd (and 3rd if required):Counterpick, loser picks from:
Delfino Plaza (D)
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1

All other stages are banned for tournaments.

Other Rules
Stalling - Stalling is not allowed. Stalling a match includes any method the player might use to prolong a match by placing their character in a position wherein an opponent cannot reach them. Peach's Across B for example, can be used to stall underneath stages like Battlefield. Running away would not be considered stalling however, as your ability to evade the opponent is only as good as the opponent's method of catching you.

Metaknight’s Infinite Dimensional Cape - A technique that renders a character invisible and invincible indefinitely is banned. If a player is reported to be abusing this, they will be disqualified from their round and penalised.

Ice Climbers Chain Throw - Is legal, however, extending a chain-throw past 300% will be considered stalling.

The Dedede Rule
(D) signifies the stage is not selectable if someone is using Dedede, unless both players agree.
Originally proposed by CATS and Shaz this rule is designed to prevent people abusing King DeDeDe's d-throw chainthrow.
Dedede may not choose to play on stages that have a 'D' next to them.
Dedede's opponent may choose to play on one of these stages if they wish. If a random stage is chosen and it comes up with a 'D' stage you and you are against Dedede you may quit and restart within 5 seconds.

2v2
As administered by AVCON/EVAC.
Attendees are not required to bring gear for this competition.
You may enter this competition on a General Admission ticket ($10) purchasable at the door. Owners of BYOC tickets ($35) may enter all competitions.

Game Info
· System: Nintendo Wii
· Genre: Fighting / Party
· Players: 4p simultaneously

Game rules
· Double Elimination tournament
· Matches are best of three
· Each round is 3 Stock with a 5 minute time limit
· Friendly Fire is on

Stages

Starter
· Battlefield
· Final Destination
· Smashville
· Yoshi's Island
· Castle Siege
· Delfino Plaza
· Halberd
· Lylat Cruise

Counterpick
· Brinstar
· Corneria
· Distant Planet
· Frigate Orpheon
· Green Hill Zone
· Jungle Japes
· Luigi's Mansion
· Norfair
· Pictochat
· Pirate Ship
· Pokémon Stadium 1
· Pokémon Stadium 2
· Rainbow Cruise
· Mario Circuit
· Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
· Onett

Banned
· 75m
· Big Blue
· Bridge of Eldin
· Flat Zone 2
· Hanenbow
· Hyrule Temple
· Mario Bros.
· Mushroomy Kingdom I
· Mushroomy Kingdom II
· New Pork City
· Port Town Aero Dive
· Skyworld
· Rumble Falls
· Shadow Moses
· Spear Pillar
· The Summit
· Wario Ware

Ive been told it will be super srs bns with no items but this is listed for the 2v2. Awaiting confirmation on 2v2 rules
Items will be included based on the Smashboards/Shoryuken "Item Standard Play" ruleset detailed below.

Items
Starter
Sandbag, Food, Warp Star, Bunny Hood, Beam Sword, Lip’s Stick, Star Rod, Super Scope, Fire Flower, Motion Sensor Bomb, Freezie, Smoke Ball, Pitfall, Mr. Saturn, Green Shell, Banana Peel, Franklin Badge, Screw Attack, Team Healer, Cracker Launcher

Counterpick items
Assist Trophy, Dragoon, Metal Box, Home-Run Bat, Hammer, Ray Gun, Gooey Bomb, Hothead, Spring, Unira, Superspicy Curry, Smash Ball

Banned items
Pokeball, Containers, Blast Box, Maxim Tomato, Heart Container, Super Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Starman, Lightning, Fan, Golden Hammer, Bob-Omb, Smart Bomb, Deku Nut, Bumper, Soccer Ball

Overall item spawn rate is Medium.

In the first round, the items from the starter list will be enabled, along with any of the items in the counterpick list mutually agreed upon by both teams. The stage is either selected randomly from the starter stages, or by mutual agreement from either the starter or counterpick stages.

In each round after the first, both the winning team and the losing team may each turn on one item from the counterpick list. The loser of the previous round also gets to select the next stage from the starter or counterpick lists.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Right so ppl on the avcon site say its super srs business (smashboards tournament style) for the 2v2.
Still waiting for them to post back to confirm

Splice

Smash Hero
To be honest I like the 2v2 ruleset with CP items and lots of stages.
Pretty complicated though, or at least difficult to remember.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
LegionX on the Reloaded website said:
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys on this. I should be having a chat tonight with Jamage to see what can be organised here. The complication is that the two comps are run by seperate groups with different ideas on how the game is played. One that is pretty much played as you guys play, and one mode that avcons players are more used to.

I have a couple thoughts on how to fix this which I'll discuss with Jamage tonight, and hopefully get back to you with a response tonight.

One question to ask, as I cant check from work, are the interstaters planning on only coming for only one of the days, and if so, have they confirmed which one? The Saturday alllows far more room if we were to put two comps on the same day as Sunday has an 8pm close. That info will help in working out the best options
So, when are each of the interstaters arriving? I know Luke and Ted are on Friday, I'm not sure about Tibs, Shaya, Earl or Nicks though.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Funny thing is he says 'avcon players are used to'
I played 2v2 at avcon with desert eagle and won, there were no items on...

So i guess that means there's no items right?

The only thing that had items on was 4 player ffa

And if he's speaking with Jamage, i'm sure that there will be no items

LegionX

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys

I'm heading up the Console area for Reloaded 5 and figured I'd drop in here to try get things sorted for you. I still dont have anything concrete as I havent been able to get in contact with Jamage yet tonight, but can confirm that we are doing our best to come to some arrangement that keeps as many people as possible happy.

In reference to my post on the Reloaded forums about the AVCON/EVAC 2v2 ruleset, thats come direct from those guys so yes, I do believe they fully intend on running to the ruleset posted. (with items)

However, I'm looking at ways to get something happening that suits you guys as well

As Metanova said earlier, knowing if you guys will be able to make it on the Saturday or Sunday is something thats going to be quite important. The Saturday has far more room to move, as the comps can run late without issues. The Sunday however, will be finishing up at 8pm or so, so running two comprehensive comps will be difficult without expecting everybody there very early in the morning.

I will update further when I've spoken with Jamage

Ant1

Smash Ace
It makes no sense why they would choose to have items now.
Avcon was so much more casual player oriented and yet it had smashboards styled 2v2 rules.

Who ran 2v2 last year? Same ppl? Coz if it is, i'm confused as to why they would change the rules.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
It makes no sense why they would choose to have items now.
Avcon was so much more casual player oriented and yet it had smashboards styled 2v2 rules.

Who ran 2v2 last year? Same ppl? Coz if it is, i'm confused as to why they would change the rules.
I did the 1v1 and 2v2 last year Avcon is in charge of the 2v2 this year.

If the Avcon 2v2 does have items we can run another item free 2v2 for you guys :)

LegionX

Smash Rookie
Just a quick update, I have talked to Jamage and have sent off an email to the AVCON/EVAC guys, basically, there will either be a secondary 2v2 comp run by Jamage (without cash prize, likely extremely minor prizes) as well as the official 2v2 cash comp

or

and this is only if avcon/evac agree (and I've told them it's totally up to them) but if they choose to modify their rules to items off then just the one 2v2 will run, still admin'd by them. Either way, the 2v2 cash will always be going to the AVCON/EVAC comp

Its also looking like both comps will run on the Saturday.

Time is growing short so if there are any major issues with that speak now :-)

Nova

Banned via Warnings
What is the prize pool for singles and doubles exactly?

1st
2nd
3rd?

For both? Thank you very much for the replies.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Singles prizes are $200 for first and $50 for second.

How about this, for 2v2 i will give ppl a prize.

Who wants an usused/unopened wii dance mat?
Maybe some bottles of unopened aftershave (they are worth $20 each, just got one for Christmas, but i never have a need for it)
It's not cash but still it's something

LegionX

Smash Rookie
Smash 1v1
1st $200
2nd $100
3rd - Minor (likely very minor) physical prize

Smash 2v2
1st $100
2nd $25
3rd - Minor (likely very minor) physical prize

As you can see, the 1v1 always had more weight to it as the more serious comp, and the 2v2 was designed as a more, shall we say, lightweight, fun, slightly random comp.

I'll qualify that by saying I'm not a smash player, I'm only involved in making sure the comps run smooth and on time etc, I wont personally be having any direct involvement in the Smash comp as I have no real knowledge of the game aside from seeing a few comps run in the past (all of them run by Jamage at that)

earla

Smash Lord
can you put the prize $ towards the 2v2 without items? everyone would want that.

eitherwise, considering not coming unfortunetly.

tedeth

Smash Master
Do they realise that they will have THE Elysium attending? Australian doubles champions? International Superstars who have taken on the likes of the world class M2K and Fiction duo?

Doubles is dead serious.

:p

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889

Reloaded is pleased to announce that PIMPTV is coming to Reloaded! You'll be able to catch up with the girls from the up and coming gaming news and review site, and even get your photo taken with them!

For more information, including the daily dose of news and bikini clad females...go to http://www.pimp.tv

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
and I didnt want to be the one to say this, but if you go straight to double elim brackets by god you better seed them properly or else there will be rage the likes of which you have never seen

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
With the expected entrants and time allocated it will have to be double elim. Seeding will be done with help from everyone who can.

Splice

Smash Hero
Luke you better enter the Starcraft tournament, if you dont then I'll be so dissapointed.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I really wanted to but A. I havnt played in ages and B. its byo computer, and not only did my computer blow up the other day but I also cbf taking a computer to adeliade

Splice

Smash Hero
But i played Amaterasu at N2C and even though I would have gotten ***** either way I didn't know the hot keys or anything so I looked a lot worse than I was and in his head Chris thought I was really **** and he was dissapointed. Anyway the moral of the story is I still played him.

That said i didnt have to bring my own PC so fair enough. That's pretty sucky.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
There is a chance that you will need to purchase tickets before the event. I emailed someone at Reloaded regarding this following a question from luke and received this reply.

Jason Lassey said:
I cant guarantee tickets will be at the door until I know how many are left on Thursday night.
You might be better off buying the tickets earlier rather than waiting until the event, because there is a chance that there may be no tickets left. Just a precaution.

You can purchase tickets from this website (Credit Card only).
You can purchase tickets from this website (via PayPal).

Or you can make a direct deposit into their bank account - the details of which I shall list below (this is copied and pasted straight from the Reloaded forum):

Wookie said:
You can direct debit to our bank, transaction number and date, as well as a postal address must be emailed to jason.lassey@reloadedlan.org.

Direct Deposits should be made to:

Bank: Savings and Loans Credit Union
Account Name: Reloaded Events Incorporated
BSB: 805 023
A/N: 04306915

Cheques should be made out to Reloaded events and posted to:

Reloaded Events
25 Bank Street
Adelaide

Tickets will be posted to you unless ordered one week or less before the event.
I'm purchasing my ticket from the Gametraders in Salisbury tomorrow; I suggest other people do (interstate obviously can't, but the online websites cover that) simply to be cautious. Ticket cost should be $10, unless you're planning on attending the other non console events.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Thanks for the ticketing information Metanova.

I am now able to host someone for the weekend. If somebody has not yet organised accommodation just give me a PM and we should be able to get something organised (preferably someone I've met =P).

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Shaya, Tibs, Tedeth and Luke are all being hosted/have accommodation. I'm not sure about Earl and Nicks though.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Theres going to be some minor changes to ticketing.

For all hosted competitions - although this does include door prizes and various other competitions that dont require a pc/xbox - you WILL be able to buy tickets at the door as these are unlimited in number. I apologise for any misunderstanding.

Ladies and persons under 12 will be recieve half price admittance in the console area only. This will be announced later tonight,

LegionX

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys

the AVCON/EVAC guys have gotten back to me and have chosen to keep their existing ruleset, IE, they will not be removing items.

So what will now happen is that on the Saturday we will run the official 1v1 cash comp, and an "unofficial" 2v2 with the rules that you guys like. I cant promise prizes for this 2v2 at this stage, if we end up on the day with extra prizes I may be able to scrounge something up, but dont count on it.

On the Sunday the AVCON/EVAC 2v2 will then be run as originally planned, and this comp will have the Cash prize.

This is the best option I could come up with to make as many people happy as possible, so hopefully it's an acceptable compromise for you all.

Splice

Smash Hero
Just in case no one thought about this:

Even though the 'legit' 2v2 wont have any cash prizes, you can still win the 2v2 with items on...
Being an actual good player > Being used to using items, even in a tournament with items on.

Just sayin'.

Cash prize for both would still help more people pay for the trips though.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I'm not sure about the other people here but I'm not attending Sunday's event (definitely not missing Saturday though).

Sunday I'll probably just chill with the OoSers at some meet somewhere (unless they all choose to go to Reloaded on Sunday as well as Saturday, I guess).

Ant the thought is generous and I guess I could help out with 2v2 no items prizes as well. Say 2 brand new white Play-Asia controls for first? Eh, we'll see how it turns out.

Edit: Splice I don't think items should ever be used in a competitive sense for Smash. That being said though if the 2v2 item ruleset was hosted on the Saturday as well I'd probably enter it. But it's by itself on the Sunday, so unless a mass of other Smashers go on Sunday, I won.com either.

Top Bottom