• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reloaded 5 Gaming Festival - $90K in Prizes! 16/1/10

Nova

Banned via Warnings
*Sighya Shaya* Sadface... :(

Ah well. I'll probably catch up with you in April or whenever I get back into Smash after Reloaded.

LegionX

Smash Rookie
OK.. one final update, and I've got to say this is very generous of Wookie, but he has decided to match the cash from the AVCON/EVAC Cash for the Saturday comp

So basically, there's now $600 going to Smash comps, which also means its going to be subsidised by the PC side as I doubt we will get 60 players to pay for the comp

So as it stands now

1v1
1st $200
2nd $100

2v2 pro
1st $100
2nd $50

2v2 with items
1st $100
2ns $50

to make it fair, we will be adding a clause that a team can only win cash for one of the two 2v2 comps. Entry will not be blocked, but if the winning team in the second 2v2 comp won on the saturday, the cash prize will drop down to second place/third place as an example

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
unfortunately we didnt get a response back from AVCON until today which confirmed their original ruleset with no intent to change. having seen the number of complaints, i decided that we'd run the second comp with prize money coming from wherever to match the original 2v2.

What this means for the timetable: the 1v1 will run as it stands on the table, the 2v2 will likely to be run straight after it, or at a time mutually decided upon by jamage and the smash community.

Jamage was advised tonight of the change and he will be running Smash 1v1 and 2v2. I apologise for the inconvenience but Ive done what i can to fix it.

tibs7

Smash Champion
shaya said sorry to everyone except his team mate...:(

I need a team mate now, anybody? LoL

Ant1

Smash Ace
My brother is saying he might not go, which means i might need a team member, but i was thinkin of teaming with desert eagle as i've done it before. But if my bro goes, then u could team with him, he plays a pretty good dk in teams.

We'll see what happens anyway.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Not surprised at djb saying that. Who knows ted, maybe you did. That's a pretty pathetic reason not to go to an event though if it's true. But I doubt it, I think he has some work thing starting (least that's what I was told).

Anyway - Earl, Nicks, Tedeth, Luke, and Tibs. OoS attedence may be low but the skill level is high, so yayz.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
no chris or shaya? ted has this tourney in the bag. tibs has no wii johns. just a little longer bro ;)

lol @ djbrowny. not going to a major in adelaide? short of being admitted to hospital, there really arent any legitimate reasons to not go. hang on, that didnt stop me O_o

i dare say he's scared...

Ant1

Smash Ace
I once went to a tourny when the day prior i had 4 wisdom teeth taken out lol

I'm not scared as i don't really care about brawl all to much, but u guys already know that.

DJB is coming for both days now but says hes teaming with tibs, so desert eagle u wanna team with me? Hopefully u read this soon.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I'm partnering with Josh (W150). Thats right, he's not dead! :)

My little brother, dusk wolf or whatever you know him as, doesn't have a partner if you don't mind going with a 12 year old. He has gotten pretty good with Falco.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Please note that there have been some changes to the schedule.

- Smash will now run a 2v2 without items and all that jazz immediately after the 1v1 on the Saturday.
- Smash will continue to be run as a 2v2 as indicated by AVCON on the Sunday.
- All PC Competitions have been brought forward 2 hours on the sunday due to circumstances beyond my control.

And now to the good stuff:

Team AU Overclockers to make new record attempts at Reloaded!

Team.Au will return after their extremely popular overclocking show at Reloaded III. This time around they will be trying to break several records for overclocking and will also be handing a Gigabyte P55 motherboard to a lucky winner in TeamAUs own 3dbenchmarking competition! More information on this competition on the day. If you'd like to learn more please visit http://www.teamau.net.

Bottle in the Bin competition

Every one who donates a garbage bag full of empty cans or bottles will go in a separate draw for some gear thanks to zowie! Minimum garbage bag must be the equivelant of a kitchen tidy bag (standard white garbage bag). In addition the person who brings the most cans and bottles to the event will also win some gear from zowie!

In addititon the winners of the Bottle in the bin competition will also win prizes. you can enter as many times as you have bottles and cans! So dig out the ones you have sitting around the house and get down to Reloaded and support a good cause.

All proceeds from this go to Games4kids. For more information please visit http://www.games4kids.org.au.

swordsaint

Smash Master
no matter what djbs reason were to be, i find it utterly hilarious than you put him down because smash isn't his top priority.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
At this stage I don't even know if I'll be able to make it to Reloaded myself.

I have too much on Friday, and Saturday night is blrugh. I need to find an exact timetable (deal is still on regardless tibs/luke though, so don't worry about that; I would never back out of that).

zApollo

Smash Ace
Anthony and Dan, I'm sorry I won't be coming.
Same to Metanova and Apollo.
;.; I was really looking forward to meeting you again this weekend.

Maybe next Reloaded ^.^

The schedule looks to be much better now, lol @ the 2vs2 (Pro). I have Nova as my partner, so I hope that he's able to attend on the day.

Has anybody yet confirmed a time/place for a meet on Sunday? Every OoSr must attend if they seek entertainment in Radelaide. I can offer to host the meet at my place as a last resort, only because there isn't much space.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
the current timetable is now final. the only changes to it will occur if comps start late or run over time due to unforeseen circumstances.

zApollo

Smash Ace
the current timetable is now final. the only changes to it will occur if comps start late or run over time due to unforeseen circumstances.
Thanks heaps for your contribution to this thread, and catering for our needs. It's greatly appreciated!

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Has anybody yet confirmed a time/place for a meet on Sunday? Every OoSr must attend if they seek entertainment in Radelaide. I can offer to host the meet at my place as a last resort, only because there isn't much space.
DID YOU HEAR THAT PEOPLE????? MEET ON SUNDAY??? YES????

Well, I'm for it anyway. Due to my inconsistencies with Friday night and Saturday morning (Singles start at 12pm, so I should be safe). Sunday I'm all free though. So I demand it.

Demand it.

Or you can all just wallow around in Adelaide on Sunday and die of boredom. Your choice.

tibs7

Smash Champion
nah how much room is in that hotel thing? coz we'll have people over =)

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Should be enough room (max attendance I'm guessing would be luke/ted/tibs/djb/me/apollo/eagle/ant. Not sure about the TVs though.

I can bring one, and some power extensions since they're probably gonna be needed.

Unless they try and say I can't bring TVs up to rooms. If they say that I'll just attach a bomb to their ears and tell them to listen to me very carefully.

I'm not making any sense. Whatever, we'll work something out.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Just stay at the lan and play friendlies. There should be heaps of free play stuff there and other stuff to do there then if you get bored go somehwhere.

zApollo

Smash Ace
earl and I are staying in st. peters. we are flying in early on friday morning so does anyone want to host a meet on friday?
St. Peters is not far from where I am. I can try organise a meet friday afternoon, the distance shouldn't be a problem for travel. Send me a PM if you're interested and I'll get a reply to confirm late morning. I doubt Nova would be able to come, though Eagle and DJB may possibly attend, not so sure though on such a short notice.

tibs7

Smash Champion
i went to an all you can eat asian buffet. cost like $10.aaaannd then i got food poisoning :(
caotic i want breakfast/lunch/dinner on hardware lane sometime but i think i want breakfast most...i dunno

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Any meet today I cannot stay past 5, it's utterly impossible given I'll be awake most the night with idiots I don't even like that claim I'm related to them.

Ugh.
You should be able to change DNA.

tibs7

Smash Champion
today is not a good day david :( it will be a busy day at work today *sigh*
sometime next week, and i we can take bryan :)

tibs7

Smash Champion
ant i was gonna stay at your house on the monday night but it looks like i dont need to anymore...so yeah tell dan not to cancel work!!!

Top Bottom