• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Regionless: The Movement

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I need a regionless sig, I kinda wanted Ragna the bloodedge to be on it.

All I have is Capcom Spaming his anti air assist

This movement is like the best thing to ever happen lol **** Md/Va those ****ing Scrubs.

falco03

Smash Lord
you know i was just joking tko damm,,,,,,,,,,im not that good either and never said i was.
The fact is i act all cocky and arrogant because i dont like this region for sonstanly saying i steal when i have never stole anything but my ipod got stolen...........so *** this region and anyone who hates me in it

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
wow can you not be so black about it...***** not even asking nicely and shizz

also who out of regionless, besides me, is going to APEX???

g-regulate

Smash Hero
you know what would make md/va not suck?

if you all got better and stopped posting garbage. is posting garbage really more fun than playing the game competitively?

EDIT: hmmm... it IS brawl though..... so maybe its a close decision

basically my point is..... MD/VA does suck at brawl, at a national level. despite all the garbage that's posted, you all DO still live in md/va and DO still suck. saying you are regionless doesnt change the fact you are still a random player in a crappy region, furthering the downward spiral.

S l o X

Smash Champion

you know you hate your state when you decide that your not even apart of it and try to make a whole crew on it.

B0NK

Smash Lord

if you all got better and stopped posting garbage. is posting garbage really more fun than playing the game competitively?

EDIT: hmmm... it IS brawl though..... so maybe its a close decision

basically my point is..... MD/VA does suck at brawl, at a national level. despite all the garbage that's posted, you all DO still live in md/va and DO still suck. saying you are regionless doesnt change the fact you are still a random player in a crappy region, furthering the downward spiral.
Bolded what I don't care about. I have no problem rooting for players and friends in the region. But I don't support or care about this region pride bull****, just leads to dumb trash talk and conflict, even worse when people participating in all this region pride can't back up their trash talk.

I didn't trash talk, I didn't say I was some amazing player, I have never claimed any of these things.

You don't seem to understand what this movement is about, I made the comparison between region pride in this community and nationalism on a much larger scale. I don't support either, I support individuals, not a piece of land mass. Like I said before, region pride is like nationalism and nothing good has come from that.

This also is not an MD/VA specific movement, it just originates there.

EDIT: @Slox: Not really a crew, all the members affiliate with there own crews they're apart of.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
G-reg how about you stop taking a game so serious if you don't like or play the game you so desperately want to bash all the time.

people can't have fun with people like you around getting all mad and **** over nothing.

no I am not part of MD/VA and neither are the people in this Movement...I'm not going to be bounded down to a state because I happen to frequently go to tourneys here. and as Bonk said I never said i was an amazing player either, but, at the same time I don't want to be associated with what people think of MD/VA and I have been thinking this for a while now.

and its funny how you are always coming down on MD/VA's brawl skill when your *** quit brawl to go back to melee...but yet you still post in brawl-related threads for what reason?

Bottom line is MD/VA sucks and even if they didnt suck they talk way too much **** for the lack of skill they portray and I, for one, will not be apart of it.

we have the same thought but go about it differently. I make a movement, you just come in here and ***** all the time

g-regulate

Smash Hero
ENORMOUS WALL OF TEXT
G-reg how about you stop taking a game so serious if you don't like or play the game you so desperately want to bash all the time.
i mean, i dont go to tournaments anymore, i'm just a fan of the spirit competitive gaming, and it sucks to see brawl players in my area give up on that (lets not forget i played brawl with you guys for over a year. I'd like to see the people i played with do well in tourney and improve, but then i read the boards and find that people REALLY dont care)
people can't have fun with people like you around getting all mad and **** over nothing.
so going to tournaments and blowing $20-$30 per weekend with no motivation to get better, win, improve, basically no CHANCE to win any money doesnt make you mad? Why don't you guys just have big free smashfests? then you can all hang out with the community without the pressure of trash talk, regions, and all the other stuff you guys dont want. You guys love "epic matches", "livestreams", "match-recording", but what is the point of all of that with some competitive spirit!?!?

no I am not part of MD/VA and neither are the people in this Movement...I'm not going to be bounded down to a state because I happen to frequently go to tourneys here. and as Bonk said I never said i was an amazing player either, but, at the same time I don't want to be associated with what people think of MD/VA and I have been thinking this for a while now.
actually, IIRC you live in Maryland (correct me if im wrong). The reality is, no matter what you say, you DO live in md/va, so people from other regions WILL class you in to md/va, and you DO represent the region, even with all this regionless stuff. When people like Candy, NEO, and chu under-perform at big tournaments, that means our best players cant compete nationally, and it reflects on everyone that they play with who can't do better than them. IT JUST DOES, whether you are "regionless" or not. It's not like other regions will say "man, md/va is so cocky and arrogant, but those regionless guys are cool! they are somehow seperate, despite living there!". They will just continue to take everyones money and think we are a joke.

and its funny how you are always coming down on MD/VA's brawl skill when your *** quit brawl to go back to melee...but yet you still post in brawl-related threads for what reason?
like i said before, im a fan of competitive gaming, and i played brawl for a year. almost everyone in this thread is a massive forum troll who posts anywhere they want anyway, so don't get all up on my posting habits.

Bottom line is MD/VA sucks and even if they didnt suck they talk way too much **** for the lack of skill they portray and I, for one, will not be apart of it.
care to elaborate? WHO sucks? WHO talks way too much ****? Any specific names come to mind who "portay a lack of skill", for whom this "regionless" thread doesn't want to be like?

we have the same thought but go about it differently. I make a movement, you just come in here and ***** all the time
LOL @ MAKING A MOVEMENT. all it is is a thread with people posting in it. you all STILL go to tourneys, you all STILL live in md/va.

BONK, this is how i see it. The players in our region can't improve if they don't have any kind of pride to beat people from other regions, and support people in their own. If you all TRULY don't care about improving, getting better, not sucking, etc., then WHY DO YOU ALL STILL ENTER TOURNAMENTS?!?! chilling with the community is awesome, but why pay money to enter competitive tournaments if all you want to do is hang out with your friends? why not have big smashfests instead?

B0NK

Smash Lord
BONK, this is how i see it. The players in our region can't improve if they don't have any kind of pride to beat people from other regions, and support people in their own. If you all TRULY don't care about improving, getting better, not sucking, etc., then WHY DO YOU ALL STILL ENTER TOURNAMENTS?!?! chilling with the community is awesome, but why pay money to enter competitive tournaments if all you want to do is hang out with your friends? why not have big smashfests instead?

I never said I don't want to get better, believe me I make the effort which is why I still enter. I have no motivation to get better at doubles (be it character choice/disadvantage, or the fact that MK is the deciding force in doubles), so I never enter doubles.

Brandon himself almost never enters tournaments anymore and just hangs out with the community as well as supporting TO's that are like minded like him. His focus has been primarily on TOing for some time now.

Can't speak for anyone else though. In other words I do agree with you on that part, as I have many times skipped out on entering tourneys when I am low on cash or am not playing on top of my game. (Pound 4 being a good example).

I see your reasoning that region pride is a form of competitive motivation for some, I just don't see it working here, or at least for a lot of players. If this "movement" can be seen as another form of motivation, whether you are for or against it then I see that as a positive outcome. Individual support and self-motivation I believe is a better tool than region pride. Why shoot for being better than a region and not necessarily shoot for being better than the top three players in the nation? I see the top two players in this game not even really apart of a region and don't use this "region pride" as their motivator. We should be following suit and instead of trying to become better as a region by just playing each other I see a better way of getting better is by individually taking it upon yourself to go out to play a variety of players and practice on what you know you need work on.

If people want to get better, they can't just be trash talking for a region and then siting in the back seat spectating as their region wins or loses. If people see there region as weak or strong, lower level players may just see it as their top players responsibility to make the region look better instead of individually trying to get better. And even those top players in our region need to find a different motivator and stop thinking "I'm one of the top in my region" and be content and need to aim for "I'm one of the top in the world." I'll continue to support individuals and my friends in tournaments, just not regions.

EDIT: Also, I don't necessarily need a response to this post. I can see we just have different ideologies about what should be the motivating factor for players to become better. (This is nothing new really, we have different views about how tourneys should also be run, venues, and fees in the past, even though brandon did most of this arguing, in a very troll manner). Maybe it's differences in individual experiences, or the age of the brawl community compared to the melee one which you been apart of for so many years. A response I guess would only be necessary if there is some confusion in what I wrote, or you just don't see what I'm saying.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Didn't feel like quoting your whole post

Idk if you seen recent results threads but I really don't enter tournaments either. and even when I do 20-30 dollars isn't much to me (not trying to brag) so when I do enter tourneys I usually only enter with speed in dubz because singles is boring to me now.

as far as getting better yea I still try but I'm not a cocky ******* about stuff when I do get better and when there is people that are worse then me i dont talk down or discourage them to get better (Unless they are **** talkers who dont need to be doing so when they get consistently 2-3 stocked)

and Really I can do what I want greg if i dont claim MD/VA why doesn't it even matter to you? I'm not about to start dropping names, but you could clearly find out yourself if you read more

btw you looking real elitist right now...not a good look on you at all.

bottom lne (again) theres a group of is that are just tired of they way md/va goes about brawl or anthing smash related for that matter so we mad a regionless movement/thread...it was pretty much joke at the beginning but people like you always seem to talk jokes so seriously IN THE EAST COAST SOCIAL BOARDS.

as far as smash is concerned...yea i would like to get better but if i hit a cap idc I have a good job and don't really need the money I could possibly win at tournaments by practicing my *** off during the little bit of free time i have between school and social life.

at this point I'm more so trying become a strong commentator and after Xanadu tourney its pretty evident that I'm getting there.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
ok here we go

@candy
**** off...and seriously this was a joke at beginning but then of course MD/VA has to attack anything they dont agree with...you guys where the one to make this all serious and ****

@EE
yea you did...you said it outside of xanadu...dont be that ***** that just switches sides at the first sign of adversity...oh wait...you in athf..nvm yall always do that.

at anyone else...calm the **** down...get with or get out =]

Edit: I bet it took you a clear hour to think of that sewer rat line huh candy

Implying you aren't one of the reasons MD/VA has the rep they have

KageMurphy

Smash Master
ITT jokes after tournys are serious business

I don't care tho, xD still side betting on these OOS hoes LOLOLOL

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
@Greg- let them be "regionless"

Let the real players of MD/VA represent the region and be competitive and continue to take money from just about everyone in this "crew"

I can't believe this is as serious as it is, but Brandon is very good at taking dumb jokes and making them serious business, so i'm not surprised. He trolls you all so well

Edit: how they tied this into the brawlmania video was priceless

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
ok here we go

@candy
**** off...and seriously this was a joke at beginning but then of course MD/VA has to attack anything they dont agree with...you guys where the one to make this all serious and ****

@EE
yea you did...you said it outside of xanadu...dont be that ***** that just switches sides at the first sign of adversity...oh wait...you in athf..nvm yall always do that.

at anyone else...calm the **** down...get with or get out =]

Edit: I bet it took you a clear hour to think of that sewer rat line huh candy

Implying you aren't one of the reasons MD/VA has the rep they have

Your talking about ppl getting all serious, yet I say obe thing and your ****** starts bleeding all over the place

And no I just wrote the first thing that came to my mind

And LOL talking I'd mdva has a bad rep...we have good players and ppl love us...not sure how we have a bad rep at all LOL...but clearly the ppl in this thread are clearly better in all ways ~_^ b

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
LOL at you thinking people don't think MD/VA is a joke

I will agree with you that yall do have good players and that when you are on the ball you **** but you ain't been on the ball lately

@tant this isnt a crew...My crew is FNB
and half of MD/VA's Rep can't even get outta state

June never goes anywhere besides MD/VA and thats pretty sad seeing as his 1st on PR and probably could be out smashin on regionals/nationals.

Like I said before all I clearly stated is I dont support any region just because I'm there...I support individual players and even if i start to support way more indviduals from MD/VA I probably won't be claiming it until people learn what a joke is.

you wouldn't attack it if you werent threatened but I don't see why you are...we all suck save like 3-4 people from the front list...lol

Region Pride is stupid

g-regulate

Smash Hero
dude, you say that I come in the thread bringing all this hate and being serious..... but you are the one saying that "md/va sucks" and "everyone else sucks" and "i dont want to be associated with md/va", etc. etc.

so who is "really" perpetuating the hate here? you created an entire thread because you dont wanna be like "the rest of us", because "regional pride is bad".

You still never answered me about just WHO specifically you are talking about? you just throw the "md/va" name out there generalizing an entire area of players, saying they suck and you don't want to be a part of them, but you don't actually name anyone. Basically all I can understand is that md/va talked a bunch of trash to PA (on the boards), lost in a crew battle, and made up this "regionless" stuff as a joke, that involves a fake secession from the rest of the regional community.

I really think you have a skewed view on how people see our region. only people who read the boards all day and take stuff way too seriously get all upset about regional rivalries, pride, trashtalk, etc.. All of that stuff is part of the FUN of competitive gaming! Sure, I'll argue with Inui or whoever on the boards, and tourney matches with OOS will be heated, but at the end of the day we're all friends who play smash.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Edit: (Quoted your message but then realized you are right above me so deleted it)
HMMM

but no, its all a big joke, just like our regions skill in brawl. "succeeding" from the suckiness doesnt work.

so you can say all of MD/VA sucks but I can't?

and I told you before I'm not dropping names.

also I like List so here are some key points
1.This was sort of a joke. Like I was really going to claim regionless anyway because I don't like half the people I have met here in MD/VA and this was well before the MD/VA vs PA crew battle
2. I didnt expect to get a gathering but apparently people felt the same way so yea
3. I didnt make the thread Lil B did...lol
4. Regional pride is bad but if you have love for the piece of land that you happened to be located on this good stuff to you...but I don't cheer for people I dont like just because we live in the same state
5.True not ALL of MD/VA sucks but the majority of "Us" wouldnt even put a Dent in a national tourney (including me)
6. this thread will be an amazing read for every other region who happens to see it...lol

I mean maybe I'm not the one to **** talk and then get ****ed up...but thats just me. Every region doesnt **** talk btw.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
TK

I honestly have no clue what facts your argument is based off of

From my knowledge, everyone loves our region. Atomsk and Rookie spent 3 weeks here. M2k spent a month here just chilling. They come to visit, often. We have the biggest nationals of all time here. We had and still have some of the coolest personalities in the community. People give shouts to us all the time. Everyone loves NKB for their sigs. I've gotten PMs and shoutouts for running great livestreams and really getting the livestream community more hype and attention and millions of questions on "can you help me with this." I also get TO questions all the time and help people out. Everyone knows of ChuDat's infamous bi-weeklies. Everyone knows about Poyo's antics. Out of state players post in our results threads ALL THE TIME. From the top level to the bottom level players, we are really well respected among the community.

Nobody in MD/VA is talking any different than anyone else. I don't really know what trash talk you're referring to. If you're talking about Candy saying he's best EC snake or something like that, well I mean thats still an arguable point, heh.

BTW we have:

- The best Kirby in the World
- The best Luigi in the World
- 2 of the top EC Metaknight Mains
- One of the top Marth players in the world
- The best Lucario main in the country right now
- One of the best Ice Climber mains in the world
- The best Lucas main in the country right now
- Two of the best Snake mains on the EC right now
- One of the best Dedede mains on the EC right now
- One of the best Olimar mains in the Country right now
- The player who invented Snake
- The player who invented Lucario

We also won a 24 team tournament that had the top 2 ranked players from NJ and PA's best teams. We also had players that took top 4 at a tourney containing Atomsk, Ally, and ADHD.

For what its worth, I'm not so sure we're as bad as you put us out to be.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I ALMOST want to go find a bunch of results threads where you can see what I'm Talking about...but this computer at work is way to freakin slow for that

all of those accomplishments look good when not compared to other players but everyone (By name on that list except for candy sometimes) I usually like anyway.

and really it's not even the fact that you guys are "bad" its you guys talk so much **** as if yall are the best region but everytime a national comes up you guys barely scratch top 10 (same goes for PA). and I just don't understand that logic...maybe I'm not the most competitive guy in the world but I know unless I was m2k status I wouldn't talk nearly as much **** as you guys do.

instead of talking down on people all the time why dont you guys (or we) actually help each other get better...even I fall into that trap of talking down on someone worse then me but I kinda scaled that back to only talking down on someone worse then me if they talk alot of **** but get wrecked all the time.

Tl;DR: Bottom line less talk, more action imo.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'm not sure who's talking all this trash. I didn't see us in the MLG thread talking trash. I don't think i've ever seen NEO gloat, ever. I haven't seen us talking trash in the APEX thread. Or even the Pound 4 thread. In fact, the Pound 4 thread was extremely civil. Where is the talk? Instead of pulling results threads (which I can easily do as well, there are plenty that make us look good and plenty that make us look bad), why don't we find the posts that are the "trash talk" that is your basis for "succeeding" from MD/VA.

The only threads we trash talk in are our own. I'd love for you to link me to some quotes from people trash talking and not backing it up ^_^

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
oh well you should read the MLG orlando thread a little more thoroughly

NEO clearly trash talked but his is funny.

Lie frequently trash talks in every thread but I mean he is just an ******* anyway so thats kinda invalid also.

and im completely sure you could find threads of trash talk way before I would seeing as it takes a full 30 seconds to load every page where im at right now.

I never really read the P4 thread so you probably right about that one but.

also how about...I just point out what happens in the future...if I'm wrong then I'll admit it but I highly doubt that.

I only say this because I really dont feel like going through numerous pages just to find quotes..sounds like a big waste of time.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
when i say "md/va sucks", i mean skill-wise, on a national level. that means in comparison to the best players in other regions (atomsk/tyrant/dojo/ESAM/various other top players in top regions). all i say are the facts, that our top players do bad at national and OOS tournaments, which is direct proof that, skill-wise, we are lacking. i want to see our region do better, because i want to see the players i play with in my region do well, because i played with them, and they play with the people that i played with, and etc.. we are all connected in that way. i never try to put anyone down, just keeping everyones ego in check, and motivate them to do better.

When i read your posts, it makes me think that you just don't like specific people in the region, how they act to other regions, how they post, just plain not liking the people for your own reasons that aren't smash-related. worse than that, you lump everyone who lives in our region in the same boat, instead of treating them like the "individuals" you speak of, so we don't even know who you are talking about in this regionless movement.

instead of talking down on people all the time why dont you guys (or we) actually help each other get better....
how does "seceding from md/va" and creating this "us and them" relationship with the community gonna solve that? having pride for our region and players doesn't help people get better? encouraging the people with whom you play regularly to improve doesn't help people get better?

EDIT: yea lie is a douche on the boards and stuff, but hes pretty harmless and well mannered in person, and hes also a legit player in our region nowadays. would you honestly root for some NJ player to win over him, just because you dont like him?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
seceding wont help at all but I didnt even think you guys would care. we can say we seceded but I still go to smashfest and tourneys.

and no not against NJ because I dont like most of them also..unless it was lie vs malc...then I would root for malcolm..because thats my *****

Like i said before...I don't root for someone simply because we live in the same state...I'm going to root for who I actually want to win. Now, with that said, I did root for lie in pretty much all of his matches against PA because I wanted him to beat whoever he was playing.

"you suck and all of you are trash" and statements like that also don't help people get better...I know that sure as hell wouldn't encourage me to want to get better at this game

Yes I don't like a couple of people in MD/VA but not anyone that matters...and I mean MD/VA sucks in the same way you do...on a regional/national level

and besides me seceding shouldnt have meant anything to you guys...I barely tourney anymore outside of dubz...and I'm pretty bad to begin with...last OOS I beat was izumi and that was like late 2009

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
- The best Kirby in the World
- The best Luigi in the World
- 2 of the top EC Metaknight Mains
- One of the top Marth players in the world
- The best Lucario main in the country right now
- One of the best Ice Climber mains in the world
- The best Lucas main in the country right now
- Two of the best Snake mains on the EC right now
- One of the best Dedede mains on the EC right now
- One of the best Olimar mains in the Country right now