• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recent Server Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I'm getting a Database error problem... Whenever I try to visit Smashboards, it'll go to the Database error page... Only once every few hours will I get lucky enough to be able to get on....

And even now that I'm on, I try to open up another window it brings up the database page.... So yeah... =/ It's very annoying... I'm just going to try to keep this window open until the problem is fixed.... xD

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Are you accessing smashboards.com or www.smashboards.com (or, perhaps, both)? I'm going to guess that only one of those two is working for you, and the other is still loading the wrong server because DNS still hasn't updated.

Also, you might want to try smashboards.net and see if that helps anything.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'd like to stop being rerouted to gamebattles.com so often... I really have no idea why that happens

_umbra_

Smash Champion
... so, a minute ago, every time I tried to get on smashboards it sent me to the mlg website...? Like, I was viewing my crew thread and it sent me to some kid's gamebattles profile, and when I tried to go to the homepage, it sent me to mlgpro.com. lol

edit: beat me to it lol

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Uh, I use classic blue, and right now it is consistently on a white background instead of a black one. It has to be a glitch, because it looks too darn ugly to be deliberate ;)

D

Deleted member

@The people being redirected to mlgpro.com: Check out the latest announcement.

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
Alright seriously, what is wrong with the custom avatars? Why do some people's not show up while others do? It's really weird and annoying.

Super Angry Luigi

Smash Apprentice
I can't upload pictures from Brawl right onto my album. I tried to upload them as a bin file and still won't work. Can someone tell me please what's wrong?
Neither can I. Seriously what is going on here? This place has just been out of it with the custom avatars and such since the maintenance.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥About those custom avatars. It seems user can see our own, but other people cannot see them. And the next time the user logs in, it disappears and must be re uploaded again which just repeats the whole cycle.

♥Can someone please fix this? I'd like to be reassured that I'll be able to see my avatar and the avatars of other people's too.

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
♥About those custom avatars. It seems user can see our own, but other people cannot see them. And the next time the user logs in, it disappears and must be re uploaded again which just repeats the whole cycle.

♥Can someone please fix this? I'd like to be reassured that I'll be able to see my avatar and the avatars of other people's too.
Yeah, I totally agree, this is really annoying. I changed my avatar to a preset one (temporarily) because I couldn't stand it anymore. PLEASE RID US OF THE CUSTOM AVATAR CURSE!

D

Deleted member

Same here. I failed to get a Delete-Heads them in time for Sbemail 200. At least I came up with a good theme with a preset avi. :)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire

same thing i guess smashboards just doesnt want to se my avatar:cry:

Zylar

Smash Ace
What you ask? WHAT?????

What else is higher priority then?
Oh come ON.
The fact you can set up, attend, ect., tournaments is huge.
Many useful forums about Brawl, in general, character general, or character specific.
Something is being learned about brawl and/or characters every day. (At least I do, even with characters I don't play)
Chatting with other brawlers
Stating your opinions with the best and knowledgeable.
Fun with smilies :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::bee::bee::):);):lick:
Having a place to advertise yourself in Brawl.
Having a place to put your brawl videos to those who are actually interested (Or will critique on everything)
Learning from each other.

I would continue but it is getting late.

The site didn't HAVE to put avatars, pics, friendfinder, stage browser, snapshots, podcasts, etc... All this stuff is gravy (EXTRA gravy!^^)
So yeah, some stuff don't work as well because of the transering of servers or whatnot, big deal, at least it doesn't prohibit any of the things that makes this place great.
So go ahead complain because your custom avatar or pic won't load. But still be thankful for what you've got right now, and that you didn't lose THAT.

Patience ppl, patience.

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
Oh come ON.
The fact you can set up, attend, ect., tournaments is huge.
Many useful forums about Brawl, in general, character general, or character specific.
Something is being learned about brawl and/or characters every day. (At least I do, even with characters I don't play)
Chatting with other brawlers
Stating your opinions with the best and knowledgeable.
Fun with smilies :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::bee::bee::):);):lick:
Having a place to advertise yourself in Brawl.
Having a place to put your brawl videos to those who are actually interested (Or will critique on everything)
Learning from each other.

I would continue but it is getting late.

The site didn't HAVE to put avatars, pics, friendfinder, stage browser, snapshots, podcasts, etc... All this stuff is gravy (EXTRA gravy!^^)
So yeah, some stuff don't work as well because of the transering of servers or whatnot, big deal, at least it doesn't prohibit any of the things that makes this place great.
So go ahead complain because your custom avatar or pic won't load. But still be thankful for what you've got right now, and that you didn't lose THAT.

Patience ppl, patience.
Ok, I wasn't even talking about that. I meant what else even needs fixing besides the avatar curse, and picture uploading problems ect. Nothing that I can see, this site looks fine to me, minus what I already mentioned.

~Peachy~

♥Yes WaveKirby, I totally agree! ;)

Everything is fine and all, and that's the point! This Avatar curse is the only thing that needs fixing. It's a pretty substantial problem if you ask me. ;)

~Peachy~

♥Hmmmm. Then why can't I see your avatar Mr. Executive? ;)

♥Ask around if people can see your avatar, you'll get the same response.;)

_umbra_

Smash Champion
♥Hmmmm. Then why can't I see your avatar Mr. Executive? ;)

♥Ask around if people can see your avatar, you'll get the same response.;)
This.

Although I don't mind having to use birthday pikachu, working custom avatars would be nice :)

espio87

Smash Ace
I can't upload Brawl snapshots. They are less than 195 kb, and they're bin files, but I still get "Invalid file" error. I tried decrypting them separately and they work.

CalebSitton

Smash Apprentice
but this custom avatar problem thing is soo annoying its like holy crap my friends avatar is gone!!! iam gonna quit my acc because i cant use a custom avatar!!!! :@

thats how demanding this thread sounds like o-o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom