• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recent Server Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I'll go ahead and say that, for me, everything is running extremely smoothly. Congratulations to the people who solved Smash World Forums' problems.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
thanks so much for fixing up the problems, Kirby King. smashboards is running much smoother in the recent days.
cant wait for the new avatar batch!

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Everything is running well at the moment. I appreciate the extra extension time for my Premium as well. Glad we have a release date for the avatars as well. All in all, a good report :)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Sounds good. Seeing this forum run so fast again is a great thing. Really, can you all even be blamed? The amount of Smash fans visiting this site at one time would crash just about any server, am I right? :laugh:

Can't wait to see the new avatars, I hope there's some of the new characters. :)

PilotEvan

Smash Journeyman
The one thing I noticed was the absence of the "Currently Online" feature at the bottom of the main page. I could understand how it could have been a big lag issue (as it probably has to register every single user every time you're on the site for everyone to see), but I certainly don't miss it. Props to the administrators for fixing the lag issues. We all appreciate it!

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Who's Online is something we took off in case it might have helped, but I honestly don't think it was a huge deal. It will probably return within the next day or two.

platnum -- hopefully we will.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Wow, smashboards is now running a lot faster. Even under high traffic times, all pages are now loading in a matter of seconds. Good job!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Well so far I've experienced no problems while browsing SWF today! Glad to read that you guys fixed the problem! :p

Phoenix_Kensai

Smash Rookie
I haven't been able to get on this site for a long time, but everything seems to be working perfectly now.

I don't really post here, but it's good to be able to read the forums again. Thanks a lot for fixing everything.

montyalbo

Smash Apprentice
Why would anyone attack SmashBoards?
We are a peaceful community that has done no wrong

sabel4

Smash Rookie
Trying to search for "play 2 win" in all forums gives the error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/smash/public_html/search.php on line 884

It's been doing this repeatedly.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Smashboards has actually been running very well for me. The only time I can remember it being slow last was a couple days after Brawl's release. I would, however, just like to say thanks to those who keep it running well and the like.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Trying to search for "play 2 win" in all forums gives the error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/smash/public_html/search.php on line 884

It's been doing this repeatedly.
I'm going to chalk this up to a vBulletin bug. '2' is too short to be indexed in the search database, so you're not going to be able to use that as a search term anyway. You shouldn't see an error message like that, though.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
sometimes, during the fast paced and crowded hours, I randomly log off and are unable to stay logged on after that. When I log in, the next place I go on the site, I'm instantly logged out.

Anyway to fix this?

extragrandeben

Smash Journeyman
I was at the Character Specific boards trying to click on the Jigglypuff forum and I got this message:

"No suitable nodes are available to serve your request."

Just wondering why this happened.

PimpUigi

BRoomer
BRoomer
My board style has reverted back to the default.

I was using one of the blue styles.
Might have been one of the classic ones, I don't know.

I can't seem to change it now : (

Irae

Smash Cadet
Just in case you were wondering, the hacker who took Smashboards down was from [removed]

Do whatever you want to em... :p

Sporkman

Smash Ace
I suggest you leave 'em alone. Hacker used a skin exploit in vBulletin, that's why only one skin is available at the moment.

EDIT: I'm assuming.

platnum

Smash Lord
I was at the Character Specific boards trying to click on the Jigglypuff forum and I got this message:

"No suitable nodes are available to serve your request."

Just wondering why this happened.
The same thing happend to me a few times.

I would also like to know why.

grayfox

Smash Champion
man whats the crack!? Don't know if this is the right thread to post this in but i know better than to make a new thread but why are the different layouts gone? = (

I hate the default, have to go back to smash blue or it doesn't feel right

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
A few years ago, some great layouts went missing, and they never came back. I hope I can eventually use Smash Blue again--I'm really not a fan of Revolution.

Nite

Smash Champion
I've had a problem with my PM box lately. It keeps telling me that I have a new message, but I don't. I even went back and deleted every single message to see if that helped, but it didn't. I have no idea how to fix it.

supernovvva

Smash Rookie
When i type in something that gets a big amount of results i get that number then it says FATAL ERROR any help?

Curse marke Sasuke

Smash Rookie
Well, I've been lurking these forums for a long time and its pretty much always been slow with the occasional "server is down."
I don't even care about layouts. There are many good forums without glitzy layouts, but they are still very popular because of their content. Maybe you should think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom