• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recent Server Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Okay, Spyware Doctor does not ****ing lie, there IS Adware in those pop-ups. And seriously, it's getting REALLY friggin' annoying.

C'mon MLG, stop breaking our balls here, fix this ****, or at least get ads that don't want to attack me.
That's what I'm worried about. Ads aren't a big deal to me(Firefox and Adblock) but adware is a problem.

craztad

Smash Journeyman
There haven't been any pop ups for me ever on smashboards. I use firefox and am on a mac though if that makes a difference. I think firefox at one point did tell me it blocked something from smashboards because it was potentially harmful.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Just switch the skin to Smash Blue and you won't get more white screen.

Also, I recommend using the using the sponsored links thing instead of pop-ups that might refer to a site that could give you adware.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Getting the same partypoker pop up's... . Verry annoying. Also got reports of trojan horses when I was at smashboards at the same time so they could very well be coming from smashboards.

Probably won't help but I figure to more reports of this there are and the more people complaining the more MLG might decide doing something about this.

RDK

Smash Hero
Anyone planning on doing something? Even with an adblocker it's still annoying to get notifications every time I visit the site.

I know MLG has to pay the bills too, but Jesus.

GofG

Smash Champion
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Opera 10 + Smash Blue theme + Style: High Contast WonB, and I see no ads and certainly no popups. Then again, I am running gnu/linux.

scorekid100

Smash Apprentice
yeah the screen is going white and its probably because of all the sexiness going on after genesis. Either way its been fine for the most part, and as for the ads I don't see any, maybe because I'm on mozilla and have a pretty good pop-up blocker?

DarkAura

Smash Lord
im on fire fox, with a mac but has anyone else continuously been getting those party poker popups? they appear in a window behind your current one and i get a bunch of em whenever i come on swf

and yes i have my pop up blocker enabled

Ult

Smash Cadet
I haven't gotten any pop ups, but Im on a PSP :p. I also have the classic Blue skin. My PSP and Wii are my computers for the time being.

Anyways, someone should do something about this.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Hey, there are some threads I can't view due to the fact that it just loads up all white. Like the 'Las Pictoras' Thread.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
The blue skins don't work for me mate, it still comes up as a blank white page or some server issue message.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yep, blue skins suddenly started going up white and ugly for me as well. And Revolution has been known to have a number of issues as well... Any thoughts?

They just come up as white, with basic font and link colors.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Yep, blue skins suddenly started going up white and ugly for me as well. And Revolution has been known to have a number of issues as well... Any thoughts?

They just come up as white, with basic font and link colors.
Ya, that happened to me just a couple hours ago.......

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I was having the same problem with Classic Blue (my regular skin), switched to Smash Blue, which worked, switched to Revolution, which was white and messed up and all, then I switched back to Classic Blue and it works now. *Shrug* If you're having trouble with the skins, try something like that.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
A while ago aka yesterday the site was acting real strange. Like it would load this ugly page more often then it would load the normal looking page. But it seems all good for now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom