• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reason Why Meta Knight SHOULDN'T be ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldemblem

Smash Apprentice
When Affinity was legal, the metagame divided in 2, affinity and decks that beat affinity, as i see it in smash the metagame is meta and chars who can beat meta and on Mcmac comment, IC has one of the worst matchups against Meta, and Fox matchup is awful too 7:3 i think in metas favor, ike is more balanced but meta can kill ike really easy if he gets it to the edges and as i said PK has a dab matchup, except for charizard, and i disagree with you Gandondorf, Jiggly, Link and Samus are not screwed by everyone, i use jiggly a lot and have seen Ganondorfs ****** Meta but the matchup is still hard, the bowser grab realase its situacional, as well with yoshi's yoshi cannot be gymped so easily but even then i don't think he has an advantage

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If I can beat and go even with Good/solid metas with Peach (and everyone trash talks Peach and etc.) Then Meta does not deserve to be bann, No matter how good he is. And Yes, Meta is brute hell for Peach.

cutter

Smash Champion
When Affinity was legal, the metagame divided in 2, affinity and decks that beat affinity, as i see it in smash the metagame is meta and chars who can beat meta and on Mcmac comment, IC has one of the worst matchups against Meta, and Fox matchup is awful too 7:3 i think in metas favor, ike is more balanced but meta can kill ike really easy if he gets it to the edges and as i said PK has a dab matchup, except for charizard, and i disagree with you Gandondorf, Jiggly, Link and Samus are not screwed by everyone, i use jiggly a lot and have seen Ganondorfs ****** Meta but the matchup is still hard, the bowser grab realase its situacional, as well with yoshi's yoshi cannot be gymped so easily but even then i don't think he has an advantage
Even decks that were solely designed to beat affinity still couldn't beat it consistently. The deck was too fast because you played most of the stuff for free or at an exorbiantly low cost and it killed on turn 4 with ease. Most of these anti-affinity decks were very bad when they didn't play affinity (like they beat affinity consistently in the first place...). In comparison to characters in smash being able to stand a chance against MK, they are good to begin with. The added benefit that they don't get ***** by MK is a bonus and part of the reason they're tourney viable.

And if you thought affinity was bad, you should have played when Tolarian Academy was legal -_-

goldemblem

Smash Apprentice
Tolarian academy is sick, 2 turn kills...man that is beastly, but back on subject, meta is worth taking into account a possible soft ban, he is not that strong but has a easy learning curve and an overall good matchup against most characters.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Tolarian academy is sick, 2 turn kills...man that is beastly, but back on subject, meta is worth taking into account a possible soft ban, he is not that strong but has a easy learning curve and an overall good matchup against most characters.
This would also apply to shiek in melee. Yet sheik was not banned at all.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Even if meta isn't "broken" , Brawl would be a much better game without him

Taiki

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure who this thread is trying to convince here, since we as a collective group outside m2k and overswarm (has he visited this thread yet?) have little chance of effecting metaknight's prescience in the metagame. We're bickering back and forth making no ground either way, and since this is placed in the metaknight boards, horrible choice btw, you going to have a bunch of MK mains rushing to defend him for one reason or another.

MK is a pain in the *** your just going to have to learn the matchup with your respective mains and get over it. He's here to stay.

And to M2K fighting computer MKs are pointless. He doesen't spam shuttle loop or d-smash or tornado which are primary means of MK landing kills/racking up damage. On top of that his attempt at recovery is abysmal. If anything practicing aganist computer mks only make fighting human MKs more difficult.

goldemblem

Smash Apprentice
Yes, i know, this thread is loosing the sense, it's not going to accomplish anything, i believe that meta deserves a soft ban and that he is the top character, maybe you are right, people probably will search for ways to counter meta, and if they don't probably meta is going to be banned, time will tell, also shiek had a easy learning curve but marth, fox and falco in my opinion were way better (or at least on a similar level)

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice
MK shouldn't be banned b/c people complain too much that he's broken or whatever, when he can be defeated easily by some characters [DK, Snake].

goldemblem

Smash Apprentice
Falco has troubles with characters that don't see play now, like jiggly, pokemon trainer, the same goes for the others, there will still be a top tier character but the use of other characters that never see play will rise

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Even if meta isn't "broken" , Brawl would be a much better game without him
I don't main meta knight, but I beleive the game would be worse off without him. Meta Knight makes things interesting. Without him, it would be DDD's chaingrab and Snakes crazy priority. It's almost like melee all over again... (Sheik, Marth, Fox, Falco)

Dojo

Smash Champion
IC's would be sick nasty too....

Melee1's IC's have 3 stocked sethlon's falco. He placed 2nd at M.A.S.T. only behind dsf who was playing mk because snake couldn't do it. Hylian's IC's tear marth's apart. MK's keep those chaingrabbing *******s down.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
DSF -- COPIED -- my MK style when he came to Critical Hit 3. The day (night) before Crit hit 3 I played him for almost 8 hours, and he basically copied my strategies, just with his own twists. DSF has constantly been using MK because he had someone to copy, which was me, so he knew what all the best strats were, he just had to use them. There are no snakes for DSF to copy off of.

Falco also counters snake badly, if you say otherwise you're just wrong, whereas MK vs Falco is slightly in MKs favor unless falco gets 3 CGs off from low %

Falco has a 0-50 to MK (maybe its 54 or something I forget), and a 0-65 on snake/ddd, with the CG. Falcos up smash kills MK at really low 100s like 110 or something super low, so Falco CGs half of MKs stock every time.

Throwback

Smash Lord
DSF -- COPIED -- my MK style when he came to Critical Hit 3. The day (night) before Crit hit 3 I played him for almost 8 hours, and he basically copied my strategies, just with his own twists. DSF has constantly been using MK because he had someone to copy, which was me, so he knew what all the best strats were, he just had to use them. There are no snakes for DSF to copy off of.

Falco also counters snake badly, if you say otherwise you're just wrong, whereas MK vs Falco is slightly in MKs favor unless falco gets 3 CGs off from low %

Falco has a 0-50 to MK (maybe its 54 or something I forget), and a 0-65 on snake/ddd, with the CG. Falcos up smash kills MK at really low 100s like 110 or something super low, so Falco CGs half of MKs stock every time.

Don't see why it matters if he copied you or not..he still has the skills. That doesn't make MK more/less broken.

Clouderz

Smash Ace

i dont really understand how MK has the advantage over Falco, sure, falco can cg him to 50% then kill him at 50% so it makes it really easy for falco to actually take a stock off MK, but i usually have a hard time taking off a good falco's stock before he takes one of mine, and everytime you die, he'll just cg you to 50% and theirs barley nothing you can do about it

Dojo

Smash Champion
i dont really understand how MK has the advantage over Falco, sure, falco can cg him to 50% then kill him at 50% so it makes it really easy for falco to actually take a stock off MK, but i usually have a hard time taking off a good falco's stock before he takes one of mine, and everytime you die, he'll just cg you to 50% and theirs barley nothing you can do about it
He can't kill you at 50%. You should be able to live after all of his moves at 50% including his spike.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
He can't kill you at 50%. You should be able to live after all of his moves at 50% including his spike.
that was a typo, i was referring to him killing MK at around the 100-120% area with his upsmash, lol sorry

goldemblem

Smash Apprentice
The fact that he copied your style and your character just confirmates how strong meta is; instead of playing whit his own snake he spend 8 hours learning your technique and learning to use meta, because when you play at a tourney it does not matter how you win, you have to win, that just says that DSF considers meta to be better than snake

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
metaknight gimps falco =(
anyways i'm gonna start using robs versus mks since they have the advantage and i found my own defensive methods to beat him (my falco ***** mk though) just to put out vids in tournies vs mks.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
before I changed the way MK was played, Snake was better than MK. DSF never lost to any MKs the majority of the time except me, he told me that himself. What if there was another person the same level as me that took Snake to the same level I took MK? This is the same stuff that happened in melee, where people overrated marth because i took him to a higher level, then people started saying marth counters fox and falco and does fine vs sheik when in reality sheik ***** marth and marth goes even with fox and falco and that matchup is stage dependent.

Taiki

Smash Apprentice
So forgive my ignorance of smash history, but how did melee marth get downgraded on the tiers and people stopped overrating him after your consistent ownage in tournament settings? If history is repeating itself what happens next?

Edit: I must say M2K is too pro. No one person should shape the metagame. M2K your straight too good.

goldemblem

Smash Apprentice
it's similar, but not the same, besides saying that you established a new way of playing with meta is kind of overrating your self, i have seen a lot of tournaments, and i must say you are good but i have seen a lot of other tourneys with metas in the finals, and you were not present on those, so stop saying that you warped the metagame.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
it's similar, but not the same, besides saying that you established a new way of playing with meta is kind of overrating your self, i have seen a lot of tournaments, and i must say you are good but i have seen a lot of other tourneys with metas in the finals, and you were not present on those, so stop saying that you warped the metagame.
lolwut?

Obviously, there are going to be other metas in tournaments. It's not like M2K is the only person who uses metaknight.

Tengosku

Smash Cadet
i always thought mk-main/snake-2nd was the best setup, but im glad falco is potentially making such headway

and especially glad that snake is falling behind, id much rather be ***** by a cheap character that takes speed, skill, and a tailored playstyle than just the last part. see even if mk should be banned at least scrubs can't take him to that level

that, and mk dittos are some of the least gay dittos

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
Congratulations! You have conclusively proved that M2K does not go to every tournament in the world!
And now a statement from the defense:

/sarcasm

On topic: Does he destroy every single character in the game regardless of skill level?
No?
He's not broken.
No ban.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
just pick someone you like to play with and improve in that characters metagame to beat metaknight even though i still go with my equation:

good player+metaknight=bad news

goldemblem

Smash Apprentice
I don't wanted to prove anything, i wanted to demostrate that not only M2k is winning with meta, but a lot of different people are winning with meta; I agree with Beetle Juice 100%

TeeVee

Smash Lord
It just still shocks me how Overswarm completly gave up on the mk problem. It's crazy to think that he's the reason I started maining ROB, and now he's a meta main...

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
His...beliefs?

More like...the factual conclusions that he has come to after getting man handled by MK players.

Also you would **** him because you are better.

Also...60/40 is a **** match-up?

News to me.

And even if MK DOES have bad match-ups, I would bet money that he has the least amount of them.

Ultimately, it matters little.

Who in the community can challenge your dominance?

Azen? He is the only one that I can see beating you consistently, but he mains Lucario, so that's out the window.

Really, why do you care if MK is banned anyway? You will still be the best and then you would just move onto the next most broken character which is Snake.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Because I put most of my time into MK, not other characters. That's why. I also enjoy using MK, and I enjoy fighting other MKs, and it'd be stupid to do that, he's hardly better than any of the other characters, especially since his metagame has already been explored more than the other characters.

Lucario vs MK is even, Azen almost 3 stocked forte their last tourney match, and Azen goes even with me in that match, and it's widely accepted as at least even at high level, Azen thinks the same thing.

Less people fight Rob, Rob would be better for him winning in the future cuz of his skill with rob + many more ppl use MK than Rob, so the future will only get harder for ppl that decide to stick with MK, and one of those people is me. Rob has the advantage vs MK if MK doesn't use Tornado, only the tornado makes Rob have a small disadvantage and Rob can just angle his shield up anyway to avoid tornado (just like any character can).

You don't have to listen to me if you don't want, it just means I'll beat you in MK dittos in the future, less matchup work I have to worry about.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Er you won't be beating me in any MK dittos sir. Check out the sig and the avatar to get an idea of who I play.

I'm not even gonna get into what you said about how MK is hardly better then the rest of the cast. That's utter crap though, you can believe that.

Anyway he won't get banned so it doesn't matter anyway.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Some players are fortunate that they can blame the lack of tournament diversity on Meta Knight ****** the cast (however unfounded said claim are). I however main Pokemon Trainer, DK, and Samus. I cannot blame my problems on Meta because DDD is MUCH more of a detriment to my characters' success than Meta. DDD however, will never be petitioned for a ban because he does not skew the tournament results like Meta/Snake does even though he breaks more of the cast than Meta Knight does (Meta at least does not shut down any higher tiered characters completely).

(By the way, Falco for DK and Yoshi for Samus are far more one-sided matchups than Meta is.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom