• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Read THIS before asking how to do something - Terms and Advanced Tech

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Gah sorry guys. It might be a while for an update, as school has just started and it's being mean.
Well, what I meant was that school has actually started picking up the pace.
But thanks everyone for contributing.
And apparently I suck online, I keep getting owned :(
Or maybe I just suck. Hehe. I need more people to play.
Heh.
And ant-d, just where do you get all this information? I've never seen half of what you post :laugh:
...Not doubting the truthfulness of course.

ant-d

Smash Lord
I find things out when making my videos.

Or in my last post, someone posted a question so I went and found out.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
someone explain this

EDIT: This post has completely changed.

I was talking about this slide technique:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCkRtKck30U

Fox slide up-smash is 11 frames faster than normal running up-smash. This means Fox will reach and hit the opponent before another Fox who doesn't slide.
I read through everything but as far as i can tell no one explained how to do this.

Also, it would be nice if someone confirmed the jiggly teleport...i'll try what he suggested though

Mura

Smash Apprentice
That Jiggly Teleport into Sing is scary as hell. >_> Sensei= Evil.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so do that slide jump jiggly does. It's just a combination of jumping+ jiggly teleport? so i just have to dash then turn at the right moment while jumping ...and if i'm lucky i'll teleport into them in the air so i can sleeper like he does tin that video, right?

moogle

Smash Ace
I went back to my big post (#86 in this thread) and fixed my description of Jiggly's/Samus's teleport dash.

"Jigg's and Samus' teleport dash: I came back to edit this one. To do the teleport dash, you dash for a while in one direction (longer than an initial dash), then you press in the opposite direction and then jump. If done right, Jigglypuff will slide about 4 character lengths in the direction you were originally dashing (Samus goes about half this length). Now, for the timing: you press jump very, very quickly *after* pressing in the opposite direction. Isai does it twice at about 0:55 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD9SGxu0cXk"

Now... I've known about this for a long time. But for some reason I never really investigated how to do it. I did it (accidentally) in one of my old videos against Isai in 2004. I pointed it out to him when it happened, and if I remember, he was like, "Yeah, it happens."

ant-d

Smash Lord
Take some frame data-
So if this was a race to the edge of dreamland this is the order they will finish in.
Time is in frames.

Fastest runners:

1st- Falcon 78

Fox 86 /slide: 84

Pikachu 95

Samus 97 /slide: 95

Kirby 106

DK/Yoshi 108

Mario 114

Link 117

Ness/Jigglypuff 121 /slide: 107

Last- Luigi 125

Jigglypuff's slide makes her quite a bit faster.

Edit: If you take everything into account. Pikachu is the best character "on paper" as it were. So if I put up all the stats it would be clear to someone who has never played the game before that Pikachu is the best.

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
Well falcon and samus dash dance well, other than that, it just looks ugly for most characters. I usually only DD with fox and falcon.
Kirby's is kind of a taunt I find. XD

Take some frame data-
So if this was a race to the edge of dreamland this is the order they will finish in.
Time is in frames.

Fastest runners:

1st- Falcon 78

Fox 86 /slide: 84

Pikachu 95

Samus 97 /slide: 95

Kirby 106

DK/Yoshi 108

Mario 114

Link 117

Ness/Jigglypuff 121 /slide: 107

Last- Luigi 125

Jigglypuff's slide makes her quite a bit faster.

Edit: If you take everything into account. Pikachu is the best character "on paper" as it were. So if I put up all the stats it would be clear to someone who has never played the game before that Pikachu is the best.
They might not think pika is the best if they play player 1 mode first. Usually people who have never played before like to spam kirby/foxes smash attack...
I'm not saying anything about which character is the best as I don't believe in that junk... but I think new players will have a preferance with fox/kirby/link/falcon over pika. Kirby being the most effective one.

You cannot just pick up a pika and play... I've seen it done and no, never again do i want to see it...

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I'm wondering if I should edit the first post and tell them that just about anything they'll need is probably found in the first 10 pages, and even if they're too lazy to read, it's quite a useful blurb anyways. Hehe.

ant-d

Smash Lord
Pika's Up-air has no lag. The rest need to be z-cancelled to reduce lag. Also Ness' DJC Up/Down-air have no lag.

When I say no lag I mean it has the lag of a z-cancelled aerial.

Mura

Smash Apprentice
I believe that Jigglypuff's d-air also has no discernable aerial move lag.

P.S : Premiums in NaGunz are friggin cheap. -.- 95 Armor points in an area that only support 30. >_>

Mura

Smash Apprentice
Bleh, you're right. I was probably thinking of something else. x_X

NAGunz melts your brain. XP

ant-d

Smash Lord
It should be noted that 'A' ledge get-up should not be used when ledge hogging.
'Z' and 'Up' should be used as the ledge is hogged for longer ^^.

moogle

Smash Ace
I think Yoshi u-air is in the same category as Pika u-air and Ness u-air/d-air. If not, then it's a very short lag time. Also, Jiggly and Yoshi d-air have a little lag, but you usually don't *need* to z-cancel them to combo an up-tilt afterward (or a Jiggly grab). Jiggly d-air to u-smash might get shielded if you don't z-cancel though.

ant-d

Smash Lord
Yes, Yoshi Up-air has no lag.

Probably the easiest way to tell if an aerial move has lag or not is to view the first cloud of white dust that appears when you land without z-cancelling. If it's big then it has lag, if it's small (like when you z-cancel) then it has no lag.

Edit:

And DK's Neutral-B takes 10 frames to cancel after pressing 'Z'. Very long time..

Holding down when dashing really does help you to stop. That is if you want to stop and perform an attack.

I had to use it in my Ness Baseball video, where Ness runs and then must hit the charge shot.

Well, I made Ness run pretty late so he would always get hit. So I pressed and held down for a few frames. This made Ness stop and attack much quicker so he was able to hit it instead of it killing him.

Top Bottom