• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Bandana Waddle Done
Chance: 5%
Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious that the "first party DLC" dream is dead. He'd be more likely if we got DLC beyond the fighter pass, but I don't think that's happening.
Want: 100%
Despite that, he's still my most wanted Nintendo characters. I think he'd be unique and fun to play as. Also it would result in Kirby completing the Weapon Triangle before Fire Emblem.

Phoenix Wright
Chance: 45%
His situation is pretty similar to Banjo. While he's nowhere near the biggest Capcom character/franchise not in Smash, he definitely has the most fan demand. It all depends on whether or not they want to prioritize big franchise or big character. There's also the possibility of not getting a Capcom character at all.
He's a great character from a great franchise with great music. He would also be one of the most unique characters in the game.

DOOMGuy
Western characters in Smash are now a thing and Bethesda has been pretty buddy-buddy with Nintendo recently. He seems like the most logical choice unless they decide to go full Buy My Game and Include Skyrim Guy, but that doesn't seem too likely. Not getting a Bethesda character at all is also a likely outcome. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what to think about this one.
Want: 70%
DOOM is a pretty cool series. It would be nice to have it in Smash.

Steve prediction: 0% (Feels good, man.)
Jill prediction: 30%
Leon prediction: 40%
Noms: Another western character x5

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Bandanna Dee
Chance: 0%
I personally doubt he'll be added despite how popular he is. He's one of the many Nintendo characters that seems to have been banished to the Spirit realm to make way for more prominent 3rd party characters as DLC.

Want: 40%
I like the fact that he demonstrates that sometimes characters have to be given important roles and be pushed by their creators if they're expected to reach an audience. Not every character will simply be a million dollar idea that takes off right out the gate. Putting a bit of effort in helps.

Phoenix Wright
Chance: 55%
Has a decent shot among popular and often-requested guest fighters I'd say. Capcom definitely still has an interest in the franchise since it still gets games, it has a large fanbase, and he's a recognizable character, so that's already a solid half in his favor. It all comes down to whether Nintendo decided they were interested enough in him.

Want: 4%
I guess he'd be odd and wacky, but I could also just play Crusade if I really wanted him. I don't necissarily have a strong desire to see him. I think Villager and Wii Fit Trainer already cover the full potential of "character with non-violent origins as a fighter," as far a Smash's own mechanics are concerned.

Doom Man
Chance: 56%
Same as Wright, he has a decent shot among popular and often-requested guest fighters. Doom is an important franchise to video game history, it's still alive, and it has a big fanbase. Once again, it comes down to whether Nintendo made the decision or not.

Want: 0%
I don't have any history with this franchise. He doesn't look like a character that could introduce much to the series since Samus already covers everything that can be done with him - as far as Smash's own mechanics are concerned - in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

You know what, I'm just going to ramble about the picks with no score whatsoever. Just for fun.

Bandana Dee

The 4th ranger from Kirby, which tends to be ignored by Sakurai just like the rest of the Kirby stuff he was not involved with. Moveset-wise it has a lot of different possibilities due to the Dees using parasols as one of the copiable movesets from Kirby and also the spear that he has that was introduced in the Wii game (Return to Dreamland if my memory recalls).

This little fella, if just considering RtD, has been around for a few years already and seems to be relatively popular within the fandom. It is not a character I'm particularly attached to but also someone that I also don't mind seeing.

The main issue I see with it on the Fighter Pass are two things:
-Sakurai's reluctance to add Kirby stuff he was not involved with
-That the Fighter Pass so far has been focused on bringing franchises that have no representation whatsoever in the game

In part, I kinda feel that the problem with Kirby content post-Sakurai save a few exceptions tends to recycle a lot of stuff that Sakurai introduced already. Which in part it makes understandable the lack of Kirby content post Sakurai. But even then Sakurai has added a few things like the Galacta Knight deco that Meta Knight has in the game, time will tell if he will add something more significant to the game.

Honestly, just like most of the franchises represented already in the game, I can see its chances increasing after the pass if there's more content but right now not much.

Phoenix Wright

The saga of Ace Attorney is a pretty fun one, its full of surprising twists and crazy characters that keep you on the edge of your seat. He has appeared in a few crossovers already alongside his assistant Maya, which vary a lot as it includes Fighting games (MvC) and JRPGs (Project X Zone). As shown in these games there are no issues with creating a moveset for him and could be an unique character with unique mechanics.

I like the series a lot and he is certainly a character I would like to see in the game. Maybe the only thing against him that I could have is that I like MH, RE and SF a bit more so I would prefer characters from these series but if we get Phoenix I would be happy as well.

He is from a genre that is at best partially present in Smash (VN, from which Persona is a hybrid along with JRPG) so could potentially bring a new public into the game and also his franchise is popular in the west as is in Japan, which in my personal opinion is what's going to help a lot for the last two picks in the game (pretty much I feel that the last two picks are going to have global presence, popularity on both sides).

His chances are pretty much reliant on Capcom getting another pick (which I find likely if only due to the amount of popular IPs they possess), and both Capcom and Nintendo deciding to go for him instead of other popular franchises like Resident Evil and Monster Hunter. While MH is already represented in Smash and could be the best it can get contentwise, RE is the biggest obstacle Mr Wright has as its also from a genre not represented (Survival Horror) and is also a franchise that has global presence.

Doomguy/slayer/marine

He is an interesting pick, he is one of the fathers of the FPS and currently a popular character within the speculation. He has a huge variety of weapons that range from the realistic guns to somewhat more sci weapons like the Plasma Gun that make his moveset along with a high mobility that allows him to destroy his enemies with ease.

He is a character that while I don't personally love, I respect and like to a certain degree.

Regarding the violence, the og Doom while certainly violent is pretty far from the levels of violence of Bayonetta which is already in the game. Most of the current perception of violence seems to be based on the mods like Brutal Doom (which makes everything more gory) and the newer games like D44M and DOOM: Eternal, but even then they can just take the og incarnation or just like Bayo the violence can be toned down a lot.

Now the main issue that I see with him is that he has pretty much a non-existant presence in Japan and frankly I think that the last two DLC characters are going to be more global focused as the E3 entries seem to be focused more two different publics and I don't see them doing that again for the Fighter pass. I feel from Bethesda, the most likely character would be actually Dovahkin from Skyrim which is a relatively known game even in Japan.

His best chance as I would've seen it would have been at E3 as an opposite of the Hero, best chance I see for him is if there's a second fighter pass of the same magnitude of the first one (stages, music and the character) but I think its unlikely.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Bandanna Dee (I like this character)
I think it comes down to whether or not you have a spirit in the game. Bandanna dee has a spirit so I HIGHLY doubt he will be in unless we get more characters down the road.

Want: 10%
I still figure he is next to be added to the Kirby roster, but that means nothing right here and now. This FP is all 3rd Party me thinks.

Phoenix Wright (I sort of like this character)
He has no shot in my opinion and never did. This is one of those cases like Amaterasu where people go nuts on their rating. Phoenix Wright has never screamed Smash material to me in any way. The fact that he got into MVC3 Ultimate was just "neat" but nothing more.

Want: 5%
I guess some people want him, but I'd honestly wager that Waluigi has a better shot. If we get another Capcom rep, I assume it will be from Resident Evil.

Doom Slayer (I really like this character)
Chance: 15%
His chance was at E3, but we got someone more requested anyway, Banjo. Not sure he has much of a shot anymore. I can see him getting into MK11 more than Smash. Just because Bethesda "talked" with Nintendo about Smash means very little.

Want: 75%
I'd love it. Having such a hardcore character in the game would be very welcoming. I was always soured with our 2nd (Rated M) character being Bayo, because it just seemed forced. Doom Slayer would be awesome. I would have another character to decimate Bayo with. =)

Last edited:

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
(This is a little rushed; I apologize if it comes off that way)

Bandanna Waddle Dee:

Chance: 1%

In my opinion, Bandanna Waddle Dee doesn't have much going for him. Although he's certainly popular among the Smash circle, many hurdles exist that lead me to believe BWD is quite unlikely to be chosen. Although circumstantial at best, the spirit boards, among other factors, are particularly darning, and the general direction the Fighter Pass is taking is quite difficult to reconcile with a character like BWD. Nevertheless, I wo't count out BWD entirely, but I would be greatly surprised if he appears in this title.

Despite the fact that I've thoroughly enjoyed my fair share of Kirby, Bandanna Waddle Dee doesn't appeal to me. I was taken in by the initial novelty of the character during the Super Star Ultra era, and intrigued when the Spear ability was later introduced, but he was unable to impress me to the extent that the classic cast did, and quickly faded from my mind. Nevertheless, BWD wouldn't offend me in the slightest, should he be chosen, but I would prefer to see other characters join the fray sooner, so his inclusion would fail to garner much excitement from me. At the very least, I know a guy who would be psyched if BWD makes the cut, so I understand the desire for the little soldier, and will be happy nonetheless for those who support him, should his day come.

Phoenix Wright:

Chance: Abstain

It's clear to see that Phoenix Wright is a big name among the Smash community. Boasting several excellent titles and a veritable cornucopia of characters, music, and story, the Ace Attorney series' popularity is not to be understated. Additionally, there are multiple factors, such as the Smash 4 ballot and social media support, which increase the probability that Nintendo has picked up on the chatter, and it's not entirely unlikely that this commotion didn't fall on deaf ears. However, it's difficult for me to pinpoint the likeliness of Phoenix joining the fight, due to my own relative inexperience with the Capcom side of Smash speculation, so I'm afraid I won't be able to give a precise percentage here. That being said, I would normally rate the chances of such a character around 25-45%, and I would probably place Phoenix in the higher end of this spectrum.

Want: 30%

Phoenix Wright isn't a character whom I support, so to speak, but I could see myself being pleased with his addition the roster. In terms of gameplay, Phoenix comes from a series that is vastly different from the pre-existing characters in Smash, and the potential zaniness he brings to the table has a definite charm to it. I was a huge fan of MvC3 during its popularity, and I enjoyed the game's interpretation of Phoenix and the implementation of Turnabout mode; given my fondness for Smash Bros., I would be excited to see how Sakurai spins the character as well.

DOOM:

In my opinion, the odds of the Doomguy/Doomslayer making the Fighter Pass are relatively high. There's been a lot of buzz around DOOM, especially with the upcoming release of Eternal, and the possibilities of Nintendo-related content and crossovers, but, regardless of rumors and PR talk, DOOM has more than enough merit for consideration. DOOM's impact on gaming is monumental, fathering a genre which remains popular to this day, and it manages to maintain its own cultural significance decades after its first title. Although infamous for its controversial tone and environment, DOOM's unique flavor helps it stand out for consideration among newcomers, and it has the potential to add a refreshingly unique atmosphere to Smash. DOOM's violence is commonly cited to detract from its chances, but the games are not inextricably married to gore, as the earlier titles can testify, and we've seen enough fan rules shattered within the last few years of Smash speculation that it's safe to assume the remaining characters of the Fighter Pass will be judged primarily by their value, which I believe gives the Doomguy/Doomslayer a fairly good shot.

DOOM has always appealed to me, and I'd thoroughly enjoy the character in Smash. The Doomguy/Doomslayer's myriad of abilities, character physics, and over-the-top arsenal contribute to a general insanity which is too great to pass up, and I'd love to see these signature qualities translated to Smash. Whether the character is designed as gimmicky and complex as a glass cannon that obtains health packs when he launches his opponents, or as simply as a SSBB Alloy fighter with a gun, you can count me in for the madness that would undoubtedly ensue.

P47

Smash Apprentice
Bandee

My most wanted newcomer in the whole game.

I feel like modern Kirby gets straight up neglected by the Smash team, even with Kirby and DDD's Final Smashes being what they are. There's not a single stage or remix representing a post RtDL game and the Kirby is missing a lot of notable spirits (Taranza, DMK (who's even an alt), Haltmann, Hyness, Star Dream, Zero, all of Kirby 64) which is odd considering just how obscure some spirits are. While the demand is clearly there it'll be a long time before Bandee makes it (if he makes it).

Phoenix Wright

Want: 65%

While not one of my personal most wanteds I've always had a soft spot for Ace Attorney and if he were to make it in his moveset would be ridiculous (in a good way)

Chance: 40%

If there is to be a Capcom rep he'd be one of the leading candidates, however there is stiff competition from a RE rep, Dante, or a Monster Hunter character. Ace Attorney has a good track record with Nintendo though which definitely works in his favor.

Doom Slayer

Want: 40%

I don't have any personal attachment to Doom and I feel kinda iffy about how he'd feel asthetically with the rest of the cast but still, if there's gonna be an FPS rep he's absolutely the one to do (as much as I love TF2).

Bethesda saying they've talked with Nintendo is extremely suspicious and if there's going to be a rep from them it'll 100% be Doomguy. On top of that his name just seems to pop up a lot in leaks/rumors/speculation.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Day over.

Giving everyone 5 extra noms since I will not have the full fixed schedule out until the morning.

Steve from Minecraft. Jill and Leon from Resident Evil. Also Concept:RE rep.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Here are some songs to get into the Resident Evil mood.

First some songs relating to Jill:

Now for some Leon related songs:

Finally, some Steve songs:

Will post my ratings later.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Honestly they are all going to get similar scores from me.
Mr. Generic
Chance:0%: We already have a Microsoft rep. And Chief would be the second rep.
Want: 0%: And good riddance. Minecraft would be better as a stage and assist trophy.
Jill Sandwich
Chance:5%: She could happen but I don’t think so. Resident Evil just doesn’t seem to work as a character IMO.
Want:10%: She would be cool, but I’m not into Resident Evi. Kinda interesting tho.
“LEOOONNN!!!”
Chance: 10%: Same thing as Jill. His big game was primarily GameCube tho.
Want:15%:Same as Jill. Although he would be a bit better as his big game is a Nintendo one kinda.
Zombies:
Chance:15%: Combined Jill and Leon. Although there COULD be someone else, it is one of these 2 IMO.
Want:20%: Resident Evil would be fine as a character. I just feel that it and other horror franchises are better suited as stages.
Nominations Blaze x5, Specter Knight x5

Ornl

Smash Ace
Steve - Chance: 0% - Want: abstain
He would be a 2nd Western + Micorsoft DLC. Vergebern support that Minecraft content would be a boss.

Any Resident Evil rep - Chance: 0% - Want: abstain
I know the good points. But Resident Evil has several disadvantages:
- possible gameplay controversy,
- possible musics controversy,
- possible "level of fun" controversy (his/her potential would be more fun with the style of the Mii Costume than as a Fighter IMO),
- 2nd DLC Fighter with gun&knife with Joker,
- 2nd DLC license that arrived at Nintendo on N64 with Banjo,
- 2nd DLC license being directed by Hideki Kamiya (who has created Devil May Cry from Resident Evil, then created Bayonetta from Devil May Cry),
- Capcom rep is too obvious IMO,
- costume theory is too obvious IMO,
- Capcom is already overrepresented in Ultimate (number of Fighters equal to Konami and Sega, most Assist Trophies and Spirit of all third-party companies),
- Phoenix Wright as a competitor.
Each point can be disputed one by one, but it's the set of disadvantages that is important; it's the accumulation that makes sense for me.

Nomination: Jin Kazama x5

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Mr Mince Raft
Microsoft already has got its representative in the form of Banjo & Kazooie. No matter whether you believe that the Fighter's Pass has Nintendo characters on it or not, it's practically a given that there's not going to be another Microsoft game.
Want: 15%
Eh, he could be alright, but nothing I'd actively want myself.

Mr, Ms Residentevil, and Evil Residents in general (same rating applies to all of them)
Well, they might be in. I don't really know much about Resident Evil, but from what I can tell, their most likely weapon choices - guns and knifes? - are already on the Pass with Joker. Still, everyone's saying that they're the most likely Capcom rep, so hence the high chance.
I have no interest in their franchise, or any more third-party characters getting into Smash (outside of Phoenix Wright and Amaterasu, but eh). I'd really rather they didn't get in.

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Your right hand comes off?
Chance: 60%

Funny ps1 RE reference
Chance: 15%
Want: 5%
RE happening in general
Chance: 75%
Want: abstain/depends
Resident Evil is the biggest eastern videogame series not in yet. Joker's pistol makes their kit pretty much a none issue. And for those asking, unlike Doom, RE is a franchise I see being much easier to tone down. Also, while I won't say I fully believe in the Costume theory, when taking it into consideration RE greatly benefit from it. I do see Leon making it over Jill tho. He's the more relevant of the two and also is from goddamn RE4. Jill may have seniority but we didn't get a FF rep from 1-6, did we?
I may not be a fan of alot of possible third-party picks, especially not the violent ones, but I'd happily take Leon as he and RE4 are just that great.

It's over
Chance: 0.01%
Banjo has basically taken his place. I really doubt we're having Microsoft taking up two spots on the fighter pass. A Mii costume definitely suits him now.

He's no longer competition to Banjo-Kazooie but he'd still rob a spot for any character I'd much rather want if he still were to happen. Again, Steve is perfect costume material and I don't need him as anything more.

Gene x10

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Mr Mince Raft
Microsoft already has got its representative in the form of Banjo & Kazooie. No matter whether you believe that the Fighter's Pass has Nintendo characters on it or not, it's practically a given that there's not going to be another Microsoft game.
Want: 15%
Eh, he could be alright, but nothing I'd actively want myself.

Mr and Ms Residentevil (I'm assuming we're supposed to rate them together?)
Well, they might be in. I don't really know much about Resident Evil, but from what I can tell, their most likely weapon choices - guns and knifes? - are already on the Pass with Joker. Still, everyone's saying that they're the most likely Capcom rep, so hence the high chance.
I have no interest in their franchise, or any more third-party characters getting into Smash (outside of Phoenix Wright and Amaterasu, but eh). I'd really rather they didn't get in.

Evil Residents in general
See above for my reasoning.
Rate them separate

zeonie888

Smash Apprentice
Steve:

Since Banjo has been confirmed I don't think there would be anyone else from Microsoft. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a mii costume for him.

Want: 50%
Despite not playing Minecraft I have seen different possible movesets for him if he got in.

Abstaining from the RE Characters

Nominate: Specter Knight x5

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
I'm abstaining from the Resident Evil characters.

A very blocky boi
Chance: double oof
I don't see us getting another Microsoft rep, meaning Steve's basically screwed. We're getting a Mii costume at best, and I don't put much stock in Leakers.

Want: nope nope nope
I dunno. I just don't think the aesthetic of Minecraft fits with Smash fighters. While we're getting games like Minecraft Dungeons which may change my mind, for me, I just do not want Steve. Give me the Terrarian any day.

Since we have Double Noms (At least if I'm reading the following comment right)...

Giving everyone 5 extra noms since I will not have the full fixed schedule out until the morning.
Noms: Saber (Fate) x5, Reimu rerate x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Stevie the Miner:

Chance:1%

Unless the character does not originate from a game, i don't give them a 0%. Steve still comes from the best selling game of all time.....and yet, Banjo & Kazooie were more desired, more straightfoward when it came to moveset potential (which in my opinion is important once you realize that DLC characters have more limited resources) had the Head of Xbox actually supporting him, etc.

It's possible he can come in later, but Smash has teached me the big boys come first, and the more underwhelming choices are at last. This means that Minecraft's big impact actually goes AGAINST him for the last DLC choices.

Plus, it's very likely that Steve may have not even be considered for the roster at all, and instead only rooted for non-player content like a Mii Costume (like Akira from Virtua Fighter, a fellow blocky character). I mean Vergeben implied for months that we were getting MC content, and a Mii Costume to go along with Banjo.

Want:1%

Almost none of the choices in the current speculation scene appeal to me. Steve takes the cake.

Even after Banjo's confirmation, is still dislike him. I mean he's better than Master Chief for sure, but that's not a high bar to set.

Plus, Steveposting made me bitter towards the character. Obviously i don't blame the fans or Steve himself for this, but what's done is done. The music is really nice though. Wouldn't mind if it was in Smash even if it's not fitting for fighting.

Abstaining on Jill and Leon, specifically going for the concept instead.

RE REP:

Chance: 40%
Probably the highest i would give to any third party at the moment. Sure, Capcom has already a lot of content, but that's because of the library of IPs they have. There's a reason Capcom loves crossovers so much, they have the catalog to back them up. Plus, Resident Evil is Capcom's best selling series and one of Japan's strongest Game IPs.

The problem is, if they are so important, i think we would have seen them by now. E3 is when you show the big guns, and they were a no show. Like Steve, Resident Evil rep suffers from being too huge of an announcement, which has evidenced by Smash has handled roster reveals, somethine tells me it may not happen.

No thanks. I don't care about Resident Evil, at all.

IF Capcom gets another character, i would prefer Sir Arthur or Rad Spencer. Yeah, im super old school and underwhelming, thank you!

Noms:
Terry Bogard X5

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Good riddance

Double zeroes

I think given the character is disconfirmed, this day is just rubbing salt in the wound. But I can't not give Steve a double zero. Given that I thought he wasn't going to get in ever (because barring the Rabbids or Goku I can't think of a character that would be more widely despised), after Banjo everyone can agree his shot is over.

Steve, for me, is the one character that would have made me not buy the Fighter Pass. Not the only character I hate, but the one I hate the most. I was immensely relieved when Banjo got leaked, beyond the fact that, well, it's Banjo. So, yeah.

Forastero!
Chance: 23%
Want: 90%
Sandwich
Chance: 18%
The Resident of Evil Creek

I can't really see a Resident Evil character get in after Joker. A gun/knife wielder + realistic human seems like the kind of character that might appear redundant. Still, if we get one, they could be made unique through an ammo conservation gimmick or a healing system.

If we get one, it's gonna be Leon. He's the protagonist of the two best REs, he's the poster boy for Nintendo RE, he's the star of the latest game. He's the most popular, he's iconic, hell, he even had some Smash support in the Brawl era. I don't see it not being him.

But if it's not him, for whatever reason, Jill is the obvious pick. Been there since the first game, iconic, kind of like the mascot of the series. Adds a female character which is good for variety. And she has been in two MvC games so she has that over Leon (if that's a plus).

As for other characters? Chris could get in, but I don't think Sakurai's that lame. Wesker would probably not get in as it's rare that a villain gets in over the protagonists - especially given the protagonists are iconic. Nemesis I think would have to be very toned down, plus Wesker's problem is also his. And who else... Claire? Yeah, it's between Leon and Jill.

Either one of them would be fine by me (though I am partial to Leon). My dream scenario is that they get in Smash 6 as semiclones of each other (and we get Phoenix Wright for the Fighter Pass instead, heh). I love RE, it's a great, influential, iconic series that definitely deserves its place in Smash. Will we see an RE rep? Hard to say, I think right now Ace Attorney holds all the cards. It's between those two. I guess theoretically we could get no Capcom character, but I think that's very unlikely considering their gamut of iconic characters.

Noms: Crono X5
Hyle Kyde x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
There was a lot of good, respectful debate about Doomguy and some about the others. That's great! We always try to encourage people to not just drop a rating and leave but to stay behind and defend their position.

Morrigan Aensland x160
Spyro x155
Crono x130
Kyle Hyde x130
Heavy (Team Fortress) x126
Kamek x124
Ellie (The Last of Us) x120

150 - 101

Saber (Fate) x112
Protector (Etrian Odyssey) x105
Rundas x105

100 - 51

Aloy x100
Concept: Valve rep x95
Boss: Kracko x92
Ninten x90
Cadence (Crypt of the Necrodancer) x90
Frogger x85
Noctis Lucis Caelum x80
Glover x80
9-Volt x80
Velvet Crowe x70
Terry Bogard x70
Specter Knight x69
Adeleine (Kirby) x68
X (Mega Man) x68
Jin Kazama x65
Gene (God Hand) x65
Papyrus x51
Blaze the Cat x51

50 - 25

Decidueye x47
Captain Rainbow x47
[Rerate] Micaiah x45
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x40
Sunflower (Plants vs. Zombies) x40
Concept: More Bosses x40
Concept: DLC challenges x35
Gooey (Kirby) x34
Brian (Quest 64) x32
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Qbby x30
Farmer (Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) x28
Earthworm Jim x27
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25
Boss: Perfect Chaos x25

Under 25

Reporter & Wrestler x20
Tora and Poppi x20
Johnny Silverhand x20
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x18
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes fighter x18
King Boo x16
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Amaterasu x15
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x15
Concept: Another western character x15
Black Shadow x13
Concept: Another joke character x13
Gex x12
Mike Jones x11
Marx (Kirby) x11
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x10
Concept: Spectator Emotes x10
Concept: Lord Fredrik as an Echo Fighter of K. Rool x10
Magolor x9
Toon Zelda x8
[Rerate] Reimu Hakurei x8
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Starman (Pro Wrestling) x5
Malzahar (League of Legends) x5
Concept: Master Chief Mii Costume x5
Worm (Worms) x5
Balloon Fighter x5
Tiz Arrior x5
[Rerate] Sora (Kingdom Hearts) x5
[Rerate] Dovahkiin x5
Rash x5
Nightmare (Soul Calibur) x5
Concept: League of Legends rep x5
Lizalfos x4
Urbosa x3
[Rerate] Captain Toad x3
Boss: Sans x2
Sub-Zero x2
[Rerate] Geno x2
Concept: Street Fighter Mii costumes x2
Stahl x1
Duster x1
Pappy Van Poodle x1
Dr. Eggman x1
Toon Zelda & Tetra x1
[Rerate] Chibi-Robo x1

Damn that's a long spoiler tag.

Rundas breaks through the 100 nom barrier.

Blaze the Cat skates past 50 noms.

Also in case you're wondering, when today ends I'll do calcs for the satisfaction scores and these under/overrated rerates.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Digging a Grave

5% Chance

Well, that's one way for a character's score to tank. Part of what made Steve so likely was how he was almost a complete antithesis to Banjo. Steve was relevant, he was from the biggest game of the past decade, his game was on the switch, Minecraft had spinoffs. Sakurai was even a fan? But we got Banjo instead.

Now that essentially kills his shot for this fighters pass. As of yet, we have not seen any company double dip for characters. As such, Steve being in this pass is basically dead as disco. For a future pass, he is not completely dead. Microsoft is now on board for Smash and he is a choice that they could easily make due to how safe it is. But I do not see that as likely.

What we are most likely going to see is that at EVO, they will announce a mini thingy for 4.0 like they had for 3.0 but to talk about Joker and Banjo more and show off a new mode, likely boss battles. And Steve will be a Mii Costume.

20% Want

Again, this is only since a Mincraft stage interests me. I feel that it is a game that would be fascinating to see as a Stage. The music is great as well.

But god do I not care about the character at all. Steve is a boring character. The best moveset I could think of involves building and blocks, but it just is not a compelling moveset.

Raccoon City Police Officer 30%
Jill Sandwich 30%
RE REP 61%

Just on the off odds it is Chris. I feel Resident Evil is a solid shot for DLC. Nintendo clearly has a lot of investment in marketing Resident Evil, making ports a big show in the E3 presentation. It is a huge franchise that I could easily see getting into Smash.

One quick aside, the way I generally do the percent scores is I do it like betting odds. For example, I would say the odds of a Resident Evil rep around 60 and Phoenix would be around 30, but I do not think we are 90% getting a Capcom rep. I tend to be a bit more liberal in my scores, and therea re only two characters right now I am willing to say I am extremely confident in.

Resident Evil though outside of those two is probably the closest I am to something to be confident in it. I know you could make the moveset about weapons and stuff, but I am thinking differently. I am thinking how Resident Evil is the horror series. I can see zombies of some sort being incorperated into the moveset, similar to Jill in MvC2. It is the big iconic longstanding horror franchise. I can not see Zombies not being in the mvoeset.

100% Want

I am totally down for resident evil. I played the RE2 remake and it is very good. I like the PS1 games, tank controls be damned. I love RE4, and I think every Gamecube/Wii owner must play it it is that good. I personally would rather have other characters, but Resident Evil would be something I would very much be down with. My only potential gripe is that I debate on what to do for the stage.

Spyro x 10

Fixed schedule coming soon.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Steve

Steve's only chance of getting in was if Banjo wasn't getting in. As a result, unless there ends up being a second Fighters Pass, this isn't happening. Even then, Microsoft has started to show off the newest game in a certain FPS series that isn't Gears of War...
I'll be honest, I'm pretty neutral on Steve. Minecraft has left a significant mark on the industry, and has proven to be quite endearing. Still, I don't actually play the game, so I can't say much else.

If I'm allowed to, I'm going to obstain on all Resident Evil content (Leon, Jill, etc.), as I don't have enough knowledge of the series to make a fair statement on whether or not it should be in Smash.

Nominations: Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x10

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
HE DUG STRAIGHT DOWN INTO HIS OWN GRAVE.
Chance:
1%

Now that Banjo's in, I think it's safe to say that Steve's chances are pretty much dead. The 1% is for a very small chance that he will come right after Banjo, or in the possible second fighters pass, but that probably won't happen. I don't have much else to say for chances. Steve was a character that I had a split want score for. I played Minecraft a lot, a few years ago, but I was ultimately supporting Banjo in the long run. His want score was at a 50% due to this, but now it increased to 75%, because I was in the boat of having both of them included in Smash. I don't think animations will be a problem either, since Story Mode and Dungeons allow the player's arms and legs to bend properly.

Abstaining on RE. (Why rate Leon and Jill, then rate the concept of an RE rep immediately after on the same day? Seems kinda pointless tbh.)

Heavy Weapons Guy x10

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Resident Evil zombies, and other bio-mutants, would probably wipe the floor with Minecraft zombies any day.

Steve Chance: Welcome to Arlesville, Steve: Population, 3 (Crono's day is still coming, right? He's the third character.). I'll give him a 25%, since I gave Arle a 20% post-Joker as I don't think that it's a hard-and-fast rule that we're getting one character per company, and Steve has ridiculous accolades right now anyway. I think it'd be a shame to pretend Steve has literally no possible factors that could point to his inclusion single-handedly because of Banjo and Kazooie, such as the absolutely insane appeal of Minecraft and its humongous popularity. That being said, we don't know if he's a Mii Costume or not. If he is, I would outright go for 0% at that point but who knows. And while Banjo/Kazooie's inclusion is his only flaw, it's quite the flaw.

Steve Want: 65%. With Banjo in, Steve is my go-to for Microsoft's number 2 character. The brilliant moveset potential, the end of the Steve vs. Banjo debate having the best ending, and being a character who embodies the gamers of today are all things I see as strong points. Though, if I must say, I find Minecraft music wonderful and amazing for listening to on my own but as an in-game soundtrack I find it white noise and turn it off immediately, so I wouldn't care that much about his song selection.

Jill Valentine Chance: Let's preface this by saying that an RE character has a decent shot, but all of the individual characters are intra-competition so I won't rate them as highly as the chance of any given RE character. Jill, is probably one of the more notable women in the world of games, one of the stars in RE1, the S.T.A.R. in RE3, and has had a pretty big presence throughout the series. I can see her getting in, but I think Leon comes from the more popular games. 45%.

Leon S. Kennedy Chance: 50%. I think that Leon's the one we'd see, but only barely. He's from the more popular games, and is the more Nintendo-y of them. I think for the longest time he had more fan demand, too, but we could see a Hero-esque situation for the RE protags. But if that were to come to pass, Leon's the one I see being the Luminary of the equation.

Jill and Leon Want: 30%. I really, really don't care that much about either of them. They don't seem very distinctive to me relative to Joker, and I'm really not a fan of the horror genre, which is likely because of my next statement: I've never touched a Resident Evil game (I own RE Revelations on Wii U but haven't played it. I should get around to it, but if somebody's interested in RE, where should they start?). However, the game they come from is a legendary staple in gaming history and absolutely has the accolades, so while I don't care about either of them very much, I DO care about how many people will get into Smash.

Resident Evil Character in General chance: I would say... About 65%. While Resident Evil's heroes would more than likely be cut from a similar cloth from Joker, the series is very popular, very notable, hits a huge audience, and is overall probably the likeliest Capcom series to get in. Aside from Monster Hunter (who's bigger in Japan)/Phoenix Wright (the Banjo to Resident Evil's Steve) as competition, I don't see very many reasons to discount RE at all.
If I had to rank by likelihood...
  1. RE Multicharacter (A Bowser Jr./Hero-esque fighter that incorporates more than one of 2-5 into the same base moveset.)
  2. Leon S. Kennedy.
  3. Jill Valentine.
  4. Chris Redfield.
  5. (stops being likely around here) Claire... Redfield...? She was Chris' sister, right? (looks it up) Yeah, Claire Redfield.
  6. Albert Wesker.
  7. Nemesis.
  8. Anybody I didn't mention.

RE Fighter Want: 60%, all entirely due to Wesker and ProtonJon. Plus, from a cursory glance, Wesker again strikes me as a more unique character than any of the three heroes brought up, and has a meme I'm fond of on his side. He was in MvC 3, I think, so I wouldn't put past him to be at least considered. Besides that, Resident Evil is once again a legendary series and one that has the accolades to get in. I would be very happy if it was Wesker, all for the wrong reasons, but we're probably going to get an RE hero if we get one considering they would be the ones who translate the feeling of Resident Evil into Smash.

Hey, anybody have any creative moveset ideas for what RE chars who aren't Wesker or Nemesis could bring to Smash, while feeling unique? Seriously asking, I'm starting to really consider this idea.

Sunflower x 10.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Steve;
Chance: 1% It's not impossible the company could get two characters. Though vastly unlikely, and he's likely a neat costume or spirit now. Either way, he's fairly likely for a later game or another pass. Being a major gaming icon puts you on the map instantly.
Want: 80%. Despite this, I'd still love him in. Besides earning his way into the game many times over by being a major video game icon, he has tons of unique potential and could be easily fun. Though my preference is Fulgore for the Microsoft character, but we got a different one instead.

Jill Valentine;
Chance: 50%. I never bought into any of these theories. They just feel like looking too deeply into it as trying to justify a pattern. I do think she has a strong chance, though, being from a very respectable series and having tons of moveset potential. She feels more used than Leon, so I think she'd most likely be chosen of the two.
Want: 90%. Only cause I really don't think we're guaranteed another Capcom character, as there's tons of other characters who easily are deserving a spot in Smash(not just Steve either). She's absolutely my favorite RE character, and nobody else comes close to who I'd want.

Abstain on Leon
Abstain on Concept Resident Evil Rep

Noms: Brian x 10

Shorter post, but there's not much to say at this point. I think I met the threshold, though.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Resident Evil zombies, and other bio-mutants, would probably wipe the floor with Minecraft zombies any day.

Steve Chance: Welcome to Arlesville, Steve: Population, 3 (Crono's day is still coming, right? He's the third character.). I'll give him a 25%, since I gave Arle a 20% post-Joker as I don't think that it's a hard-and-fast rule that we're getting one character per company, and Steve has ridiculous accolades right now anyway. I think it'd be a shame to pretend Steve has literally no possible factors that could point to his inclusion single-handedly because of Banjo and Kazooie, such as the absolutely insane appeal of Minecraft and its humongous popularity. That being said, we don't know if he's a Mii Costume or not. If he is, I would outright go for 0% at that point but who knows. And while Banjo/Kazooie's inclusion is his only flaw, it's quite the flaw.

Steve Want: 65%. With Banjo in, Steve is my go-to for Microsoft's number 2 character. The brilliant moveset potential, the end of the Steve vs. Banjo debate having the best ending, and being a character who embodies the gamers of today are all things I see as strong points. Though, if I must say, I find Minecraft music wonderful and amazing for listening to on my own but as an in-game soundtrack I find it white noise and turn it off immediately, so I wouldn't care that much about his song selection.

Jill Valentine Chance: Let's preface this by saying that an RE character has a decent shot, but all of the individual characters are intra-competition so I won't rate them as highly as the chance of any given RE character. Jill, is probably one of the more notable women in the world of games, one of the stars in RE1, the S.T.A.R. in RE3, and has had a pretty big presence throughout the series. I can see her getting in, but I think Leon comes from the more popular games. 45%.

Leon S. Kennedy Chance: 50%. I think that Leon's the one we'd see, but only barely. He's from the more popular games, and is the more Nintendo-y of them. I think for the longest time he had more fan demand, too, but we could see a Hero-esque situation for the RE protags. But if that were to come to pass, Leon's the one I see being the Luminary of the equation.

Jill and Leon Want: 30%. I really, really don't care that much about either of them. They don't seem very distinctive to me relative to Joker, and I'm really not a fan of the horror genre, which is likely because of my next statement: I've never touched a Resident Evil game (I own RE Revelations on Wii U but haven't played it. I should get around to it, but if somebody's interested in RE, where should they start?). However, the game they come from is a legendary staple in gaming history and absolutely has the accolades, so while I don't care about either of them very much, I DO care about how many people will get into Smash.

Resident Evil Character in General chance: I would say... About 65%. While Resident Evil's heroes would more than likely be cut from a similar cloth from Joker, the series is very popular, very notable, hits a huge audience, and is overall probably the likeliest Capcom series to get in. Aside from Monster Hunter (who's bigger in Japan)/Phoenix Wright (the Banjo to Resident Evil's Steve) as competition, I don't see very many reasons to discount RE at all.
If I had to rank by likelihood...
  1. RE Multicharacter (A Bowser Jr./Hero-esque fighter that incorporates more than one of 2-5 into the same base moveset.)
  2. Leon S. Kennedy.
  3. Jill Valentine.
  4. Chris Redfield.
  5. (stops being likely around here) Claire... Redfield...? She was Chris' sister, right? (looks it up) Yeah, Claire Redfield.
  6. Albert Wesker.
  7. Nemesis.
  8. Anybody I didn't mention.

RE Fighter Want: 60%, all entirely due to Wesker and ProtonJon. Plus, from a cursory glance, Wesker again strikes me as a more unique character than any of the three heroes brought up, and has a meme I'm fond of on his side. He was in MvC 3, I think, so I wouldn't put past him to be at least considered. Besides that, Resident Evil is once again a legendary series and one that has the accolades to get in. I would be very happy if it was Wesker, all for the wrong reasons, but we're probably going to get an RE hero if we get one considering they would be the ones who translate the feeling of Resident Evil into Smash.

Hey, anybody have any creative moveset ideas for what RE chars who aren't Wesker or Nemesis could bring to Smash, while feeling unique? Seriously asking, I'm starting to really consider this idea.

Sunflower x 10.
I think the best points of entry for the series are RE1, 2 and 4. Maybe 7, though it's so different from the rest of the series and so disconnected plotwise I think 7 might provide some wrong expectations.

Either way 1, 2 and 4 are very available on many consoles so it shouldn't be hard to get your hands on one of them.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Steve
There is no precedent for two non-echo characters of the same company to arrive like this. Even in the only instance we got two in the same Smash installment, one was base game while the other was DLC. So Steve's chances are deposited solely on another Fighters Pass, which I see as possible, but unlikely.

He could actually be interesting. Personally, I envision him as a multi-tiered character that builds stuff to get stronger as the battle goes on. I won't lie, I found no issue with Minecraft content when Vergeben said it, especially because, in my mind, Minecraft in the base game could open the doors for Banjo as DLC. But we all know how that went.

Normally, his potential would make me want him a little bit more, but... to be honest, I can think of at least 10 to 15 third party characters I would want before Steve. And yeah, I know one shouldn't judge a character based on troll posts (being a Sonic and Undertale fan, I know this very well), but if I told you guys that steveposting and relevance elitism didn't affect my opinion of Minecraft content in Smash at all, I'd be lying.

Jill Valentine & Leon Kennedy
Chance: 50%
Due to Jill and Leon being from the same franchise, I decided to write for them together. Honestly, if you count Rathalos and the Heihachi sprite in Pac-Man's taunt, then Resident Evil would be the last really big japanese franchise without content in Smash. I think this would be the edge they have against Phoenix, who imo is their sole Capcom competitor.

Regarding intra-series competition, I know very little about RE itself, but ultimately I think the choice between Leon and Jill depends on what Sakurai wants for Smash.

I want Phoenix more, but at the same time I am kinda interested in what a RE character could bring. Maybe an ammo/reload mechanic? Or something involving an inventory? No idea, but they are a strong contender for an interesting character. As Marvel vs Capcom shows us, they could have interesting potential movesets.

Other Resident Evil Characters: Abstain

Nominations: Terry Bogard x5, Kyo Kusanagix5

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I think the best points of entry for the series are RE1, 2 and 4. Maybe 7, though it's so different from the rest of the series and so disconnected plotwise I think 7 might provide some wrong expectations.

Either way 1, 2 and 4 are very available on many consoles so it shouldn't be hard to get your hands on one of them.
Alright. Curious to see if playing one of them will change my opinion (likely it will for the better, giving me a personal investment into them).

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Nominations: Terry Bogard x5, Kyo Kusanagix10
It's 10 nominations per person today, not 15.
Alright. Curious to see if playing one of them will change my opinion (likely it will for the better, giving me a personal investment into them).
I'd say unless you really don't like horror (or if you don't like tank controls and play the original versions of 1 and 2) you'll find something to love. They're very high quality games.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Steve:
Chance: 0%-I don't expect any company to double-dip on characters. If we do get anything Minecraft-related into Smash, I only expect Mii costumes and maybe an stage to fill the black gap that'd still remain in the SSS after all five Pass stages are included.
Want: 50%-Again, neutral. I don't have the same hangups that everyone has about Minecraft as most people. If Sakurai includes him, I'll just give him a try and see if he's worth it or not.

Jill chance: 33%
Leon chance: 33%
RE in general chance: 70%
I see Resident Evil as a very likely possibility out of fame alone. It's Capcom's most successful franchise after all, and the characters have proven to be at least teenager-friendly, if MvC and PxZ lead to anything. Not any different from Snake or any of the other M-rated characters.

The reason why I give Jill and Leon the same chance score is because it just depends on what Sakurai prioritizes for the franchise. Jill and Chris were the main characters from the first game, and they're still prominent to this day, while Leon has fan demand on his side. So far, the Pass has given us characters that made it because they come from successful games (Joker), because they're from well-established franchises (Hero) and because fans wanted them (Banjo); so it's really a gamble.

Plus, I think the only possible characters are Leon, Jill and Chris because:
1.- Claire has never been really a main character, or at least, not one on the same caliber as those three.
2.- Same applies to Ada.
3.- A villain has never been used to represent a franchise, so no Wesker. And I only expect such a case to come from Tekken (and that's only because the three Mishima's are evil in one way or another).
4.- Plus, while I sided on Ridley being possible to re-size, I think Nemesis wouldn't make any real sense being smaller than Bowser.

Jill want: 70%
Leon want: 70%
RE want: 70%
I'd welcome a character from the franchise with open arms. While I love Snake and all, I'd appreciate to see a military fighter who actually uses guns on their moveset, since Joker implies that's not an issue anymore. Plus, it'd feel more complete to have a Residen Evil character alongside Mega Man, Ryu and Ken in the game.

Nominations: Morrigan x5, Terry Bogard x5

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
Steve:
chance 5%:it's not impossible to have 2 reps from one company in fighters pass but considering banjo-kazooie took the third spot it's very unlikely that steve would be in the dlc pass
want 35%:I wouldn't mind steve being a playable character in the since he could bring some moveset potential

resident evil rep:
chance 50%: A resident evil rep is looking to be pretty likely to be on the next dlc spot since the series is very popular(sold al least 91 million), has been on Nintendo consoles(Resident Evil 2 being the first game in the series to be release on a Nintendo console), and received positive/very positive reviews(For the most part) however the reason why I did not rate the possibility of resident evil rep higher is because it has a lot competition with other Capcom franchise such as Darkstalkers, Phoenix Wright, Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, Ōkami and a few others that it's really hard to rate the franchise rep possibility higher than 50%

Want 65%: I haven't played any game of the franchise but I think it would be cool see Jill Valentine or Leon S. Kennedy duking it out in the world of smash

Nominations

Spyro X5
(forgot to add Nominations sorry, I'm New here)

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Steve

Chance - 1.5% - Banjo really killed his chances, huh? We haven't double diped yet for third party DLC, so there is president for him being unlikely. He also tends to be a bit divisive among people these days. While he has some status historically, the two combined probably means he probably won't make it.

Want - 20% - Remember when Dedede could infinitely combo someone against a wall? Do you want that to happen on any stage? The possibility of that happening is enough to make me say "no" to any terraforming character.

Leon Kennedy Chance - 35%

Jill Valentine Chance - 30%

Resident Evil General Chance - 70%

I cannot say who will be chosen, if we do get a resident evil representative. I do think that if we don't get Phoenix Wright it's probably Resident Evil. Leon is more associated with Nintendo, so he has a slight edge in my eyes, but both are definitely qualifires. Still, I think some people are sleeping on Nemesis slightly, so I'm not going to put all the points on them.

Leon Kennedy Want - 40%
Jill Valentine Want - 40%
Resident Evil General Want - 50%

I'll admit that I'm a huge scardy cat who in general has no desire to play horror games. I do respect there historical importance, though. While I don't mind the idea of a representative, I will admit that I find the idea of either Leon or Jill plain and borring, nothing special about there moveset.

Nominations

Cadence X10

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Steve

Chance 0 - The dream is over for Steve. Microsoft got Banjo and I don't think we'll be getting another one. Most likely he'll end up being a Mii Costume like Master Chief probably will as well

Want 30 - Eh, It would be ok. Not really interested in getting Steve now though. Only 2 spots left and I'd really like at least one of them to be someone I like

Jill, Leon, and a RE rep in general( rating them together because they all have the same scores for me)

Chance 80 - I really think either Jill or Leon will be in this game. For me they're the most likely next characters to be revealed. Resident Evil is extremely iconic, Capcom are very easy to work with, and Jill or Leon would be major buzz picks. I think we're getting another Capcom character for sure, and for me it's one of them or Phoenix Wright or maaaaaaaaybe someone from Devil May Cry(possibly Dante since we know that you can lie about your character not being in Smash without breaking NDA) If I had to pick one I'd guess Leon would get in over Jill but it's so close I'm not going to bother to split the hairs. Personally though, I think that a Resident Evil rep is the biggest money maker left on the table still now that a Microsoft rep is in the game. Even the most casual gamer knows of Resident Evil and getting that series in Smash would feel huge.

Want 90 - Jill and Leon are pretty much the definition of who I'd like to see get in to Smash. They're more than iconic enough to warrant a place, and those are the types of characters I'd like to see get included in the fighter pass. While I don't have a ton of exposure to RE, I would love to see a series as well known as Resident Evil get a rep. It would really make this game take yet another huge jump towards being the greatest crossover of all time.

Noms
Kratos x 10

Top Bottom