• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please do not double post. Edit your messages instead. :)

Also, please do not try to post your ratings on a day unrelated. Yes, we'll notice if it's the wrong day. If the topic owner doesn't, a mod or another user will point it out.

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Assist Trophies are not allowed. Also, if I remember correctly, you used your bomb yesterday, you can’t do it twice.
Sorry didn’t know 100-nom bombs were only once. And I meant starman from pro wrestling nes. Starman x5

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Two Bees

Chance: 40%. She's strangely likely. Another SE rep is all but confirmed. Most of the other SE characters have somtghing that may make them unlikely (DQ has weird rights, Geno has a spirit, MH already has content, etc). 2B (I don't think) has any of that. Furthermore, Reggie stated that the 3rd parties wouldn't traditionally be associated with Nintendo. A Nier game has never released on a Nintendo system. She might be the character most similar to Joker.

Want: Abstain. I've never played a Nier game.

Noms: Grovyle x10

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Uhh dude... you have to rate a character to nominate it. Otherwise, you can abstain from rating 2B and get your nominations counted.
For the record, you can just drop in, say your noms, and it’s the same as abstaining. Though given this guy’s recent posts, I’ll take the liberty of assuming they’re a troll.

L A S E R

Smash Rookie
For the record, you can just drop in, say your noms, and it’s the same as abstaining. Though given this guy’s recent posts, I’ll take the liberty of assuming they’re a troll.
Wrong. My nom for Tetris Block is legit. I am not a troll.
Also, I would LEGITIMATELY nom sans, but I missed his day.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Let's not assume the person is a troll, however. They're clearly new and don't know what they're doing. New users need direction. They clearly don't have any.

Remember, think in good faith. If they were a troll, let's just say we would've caught it immediately due to our mod tools. As of now, they don't know what they're doing. The noms stuff is admittedly a little confusing, as proven by many people not understanding it.

D

Deleted member

Side note: who is Ninten?
The main protagonist of the FIRST Earthbound, it was the second game released in America though, so the game he comes from to us in the west is Called "Earthbound Beginnings".

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Let's get back on-topic please. That has nothing to do with the topic. This isn't about any random thing you find in Smash.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
2B:

Chance - 3%

I'm gonna be honest I think her being in Soul Calibur isn't a good sign. SE tends to try and put a different character in each crossover they are in. However, her game is recent and well-recieved so it isn't impossible.

Want - Abstain

I have never played Nier Automata to give a fair rating.

Nominations: Rhythm Girl x10

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I Have A Question:
Can We rate Chances for random characters, even if said characters doesn’t have a day?
No. This thread has a fixed schedule for characters, and you can nominate a character to get it rated. Usually once the schedule ends, the top 7 nominees get added to the schedule to get rated.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Sadly have to abstain today, daughter and wife are sick and I'm too busy to put proper effort into a rating (I don't think she has a chance lol)

Nomination Ravio x10

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
2B

Chance: 0%
She's owned by square, has never been on a Nintendo console, nobody is really asking for her save for a very small group, and to top it all off, her being in would single-handedly raise the age rating of the game. It's not going to happen. Bayonetta was already pushing it on the maturity front.

Want: 5%
I don't really have any attachment to the character, but more girls is always good in my book :p She's second place on my list of female robots to put in Smash. When's Roll, Sakurai?

Noms: Bonkers x100
(if i can't use this on him my bad, put my noms towards rhythm girl instead)

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Sorry for my disappearance, I have the flu.

Day over, Rate... Merric from Fire Emblem. Predict Quote from Cave Story.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Merric

Chance: 0.5%
Sakurai has stated that there is already an overabundance of FE reps in Smash. I think it's safe to say that unless they are the main protagonist of their game or extremely popular, we are not getting anymore FE characters. Merric is a side character who has virtually no support at all. In the CYL2 poll for FE Heroes, he placed at around 280th place if you combine the votes from both FE1 and FE3 versions of Merric (my girl Reina is more likely based on that). In terms of general FE competition he has to compete with more popular characters like Celica, Alm, Fjorm, Azura, Hector, Micaiah, and Edelgard to name a few. Even when looking at just FE1 and FE3, he has major competition with Caeda is way more popular. You can't even make the argument that he'd work as a Robin echo; AFAIK he can't normally use a sword without being completely reclassed and there are a ton of better potential Robin echos out there anyway like Celica or Morgan. If all of this wasn't bad enough for Merric, he appears as a spirit and I've been slowly hopping onto the spirits deconfirm fighters train (at least for first parties).

Off topic but when I fought Merric's spirit in WoL the enemy Robin just up-B'd and self-destructed. It was hilarious.

Want: 0%
Slots for FE reps are really limited and I'd rather have those few openings go to more significant characters. There is no way I'd want to see Merric make it into Smash over Celica or Lyn.

Quote chance prediction: 2.15%

Nominations:
Concept: SNK rep x10

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Merrichristmas

Chance: 0%
We're not getting a fire emblem character. It's simply not going to happen. I said it about a month ago, and I'm sticking with it. Sakurai said there was too many, the entire fanbase said there was too many, and then after that, we got two more. That's the end for sure. Sakurai isn't going to let anyone force another one in for quite a while.

No thank you. We've already got a mage in Robin. I don't want more Fire Emblem characters, but if we did get one I'd want it to be someone more unique. An axe user or something would be better. I don't want any more Fire Emblem characters though, we have plenty.

predicting 2.14% chance for quote

Noms: Rhythm girl x5

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Merric

Chance: 0.001%

-We already have 7 FE characters.
-If there is another one, it's likely a TH rep.

-Please just no.
-No more FE characters(and Pokemon and Mario for that matter).

Quote Prediction: 3.04%

Nominate All DLC is 3rd Party x10

Top Bottom