• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Heihachi
Chance: 5%

I mean being added as a taunt should be a pretty hard deconfirm but as I understand it they are retiring the character after the voice actor died so I really don't see them going back on that so quickly. If they really want a Tekken character I'd guess they will pull someone else.

Want: 5%
I guess he would be better than Steve/Sans/Master Chief so it isn't a 0% but I have no interest in yet another realistic kung-fu guy from a 3rd party. Would rather get a Tales rep.

Prediction:
Leon: 34%

Hes a sleeper pick that people are going to rate surprisingly well.
Jill: 6%
She honestly might have had a better shot if she wasn't being rated on Leon's day.

Nomination: Ravio x5
So ready to be disappointed by how low he gets rated.

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Heihachi Mishima

Chance: 10%
With him being part of Pac-Man's taunt and the fact that his actor died, I don't think we'll see Heihachi in Smash at all. The only Tekken character they would go after now is Jin, since he's like the second choice for a Tekken rep should Heihachi fall from grace. But even then, he still has to compete with Lloyd for the slot. With DLC focusing on unexpected fighters, I guess Jin beats Lloyd in terms of surprise factor since no one would expect Jin to be the second Namco rep.

As much as I like Heihachi, I'd rather have Jin represent the Tekken franchise since he's one of my most wanted character. Besides, there are other third-party characters that I want in first (aside from Jin) before I could consider him.

Leon S. Kennedy Prediction: 30.11%
Jill Valentine Prediction: 10.85%

Nominations:
Nero Claudius (Fate) x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
World's Worst Grandpa

Chance: 1%
Want: 0%

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Before, I'd have expected him to be in. Come on, Bamco's producing the games, and Mishima is probably Bamco's best known character aside from Pac-Man.

But...

Now that Heihachi's been spotted in Pac's taunt, and with the death of his Japanese VA (and they are very cognizant of VAs and characters), it doesn't look like we'll be seeing him at all. 1% chance for the 'anything can happen' rule, but this is definitely one of those things that looks more on the 'it won't' side.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Tekken. I'd prefer Soul Calibur in every way, so Nightmare would be a much more hype addition than another punchy guy.

Another thing to note though - I'm having trouble seeing how Sakurai can come up with a moveset for a literal potted plant, but not be able to make a moveset from a different fighting game (where said moveset exists in its entirety) into Smash. I think there must be some translation error there, because anyone would be able to look at his kit from Tekken and say "well, there it is for Smash." I guess a lot of it has to do with Tekken/Soul Calibur using a 3d arena instead, but I still think that translating something that exists wouldn't be too difficult. I wonder if there's a translation error in that quote everyone likes to reference.

Nom: More DLC x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Roku, Nana, Heihachi, Kyu, Jyu

Chance: 5%. He's a part of Pac-Man's taunt, and his voice actor is dead. That's a massive double-whammy. And even among characters who we would not associate with Nintendo (where he's got Lloyd beat), the Prince of all Cosmos and a bunch of others beat him too. I'd be shocked if we saw Heihachi after all.

Want: Yet another instance of me abstaining. Yet again, it's because I have no proper experience with Tekken, so that'd be kind of unfair.

Gonna keep Arle at the top with a x5. Leon and Jill face an identical problem to Wright: Ken, so I don't see them breaking 10% much, though they are at least new series.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Heihachi Mishima

Chance: 25%
Shortly after the last Smash direct he was one of my top predictions. Akira getting an assist trophy but not him? No Mii costume? The pack hinting at unrepped series'? However, the info that's come out since the game's release - his presence in Pac-Man's taunts, no third party Mii costumes in base, and the unfortunate passing of his voice actor - has lowered his chances in my eyes dramatically. I still wouldn't count him out, but I think all that combined with Sakurai's moveset comments has me doubting they'd go for him over Lloyd for a Bamco rep or even Yoshimitsu or Jin for another fighting game rep.

Want: 50%
Tekken is my second-favorite classic fighting game series, topped only by Guilty Gear. However, I have a hard time getting truly excited for a Tekken rep, even my girl Alisa or Mishimas with even more moveset potential like Kazuya and Jin. I'm not really sure why. Perhaps it's because of Ryu and Ken's presence filling the street fighting and karate niche. Not sure. At the same time, hey, there's nothing that would be uncool about Heihachi being in Smash, so I'm down with it. Plus it'd mean getting sweet, sweet Tekken music, hopefully from Tekken Tag Tournament 2 since that's my favorite Tekken all around.

Nominations: Style Savvy Rep x5
She's gonna strut her way to the top and you can't stop it.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Heihachi:

Chance - 5%

Not impossible but very unlikely since Pac-Man's taunt addition seems strange to me but I don't think it really means much. The real issues are that I see Lloyd as more likely and Heihachi's VA passed away and in Japan that ually involves the end of that character. Also Sakurai said he couldn't get a proper moveset for him in Smash 4.

Want - 0%

Never played Tekken.

Nominations: Rhythm Girl x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Iron Fist

I’ll echo what everyone’s been saying. His VA passed away, and while they could replace him, I think that’s more of a task for Tekken 8 than Smash, as it would probably feel like a disservice. Plus he’s in Pac’s taunt and used to be a Mii Costume.

Want: 90%
You can’t have a crossover fighting game without Heihachi. None of that Jin or Kazuya bull****, it can only be Heihachi. He’s the icon. He’s the main character. He’s the ****ing *******.

Nominations Mach RiderX5

Leon prediction: 27%
Jill prediction: 22%

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Iron Fist

I’ll echo what everyone’s been saying. His VA passed away, and while they could replace him, I think that’s more of a task for Tekken 8 than Smash, as it would probably feel like a disservice. Plus he’s in Pac’s taunt and used to be a Mii Costume.

Want: 90%
You can’t have a crossover fighting game without Heihachi. None of that Jin or Kazuya bull****, it can only be Heihachi. He’s the icon. He’s the main character. He’s the ****ing *******.

Nominations Mach RiderX5

Leon prediction: 27%
Jill prediction: 22%
I'm curious, as someone not familiar with the series, if Heihachi is truly going to be "retired" would now be the time to start introducing a new character to take over as the "face" of Tekken with a Smash crossover? I'm curious how a fan of the series would feel about that.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm curious, as someone not familiar with the series, if Heihachi is truly going to be "retired" would now be the time to start introducing a new character to take over as the "face" of Tekken with a Smash crossover? I'm curious how a fan of the series would feel about that.
Is Heihachi being retired a confirmed thing? I hadn’t heard of it before.

Regardless, if that’s the case, I don’t think Smash is the place to start shilling their next face. Mostly out of respect for Heihachi’s VA, it’s too soon.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I know I'm not GoodGrief but it's sort of a two-pronged issue.

Heihachi has historically been the villain of the franchise. The face and villain both, so the question is, who exactly would you start to push as the new face? Jin, in the new hero role, was big in 6 but cooled down in 7. Jin's moveset was in Soulcalibur V but not Jin himself. Kazuya has legacy and fills the villain role well, but does that really warrant his inclusion in crossovers as the new face? I'd say both Jin and Kazuya are contenders to the throne (appropriate considering their role in-story as descendants of Heihachi) and that makes it tough.

Heihachi in Smash is also a legacy nod, which is good. It could be a final farewell IF they really are retiring the character after 7.

You also have a ton of wild cards in characters that are super popular or notable in Tekken anyway. Law, Anna, Nina, King, Lars, Alisa, Lee, and many more. Alisa and Xiaoyu got a movie focused on them, for crying out loud. So with the de facto "rep" potentially off the table, who do you pick? It all depends on how the series develops from here and that's something we just don't know yet. For all we know they'll pull a Guilty Gear and bring back Heihachi but possessed as a way to keep the character existent while also retiring his original form. Or Heihachi just shows up again without explanation. We just don't know.

It's mostly a case of there not being an obvious choice outside of Heihachi yet, I think.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Over 200

Arle Nadja x305
Concept: All DLC will be third-party x240
Rhythm Girl x230
Nero Claudius (Fate) x220

200 - 151

Grovyle x175
Concept: More DLC x165
Mach Rider x165
Concept: Gen 8 Pokemon x161
Reaper (Overwatch) x160
Concept: Stages outside Fighter Pass x155

150 - 101

Hollow Knight x147
Reimu Hakurei x145
Kat & Ana x125
Professor Hector x119
Concept: No fan favorite/highly requested characters x110
Impa x101

100 - 51

Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x95
Andy (Advance Wars) x95
Lora (Xenoblade) x90
Boss: Kracko x85
Sephiroth x75
Concept: SNK rep x75
Ravio x70
Porky Minch x66
Concept: Boss Rush x65
Dark Matter x55
9-Volt x54

50 - 25

Creeper x37
Papyrus x35
Frisk x35
Spyro x32
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Concept: Style Savvy rep x30
Ninten x26
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Cooking Mama x25

Under 25

Boss: Perfect Chaos x20
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x10
Decidueye x10
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Kamek x10
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Amaterasu x5
Monokuma x5
Concept: Another joke character x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Ryu Hayabusa x5
Concept: Free updates (Splatoon-style) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Earthworm Jim x5
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x5
Scorpion x5
Concept: Another literally who Level-5 Character who's popular in Japan, like Achilles or Mark Evans x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3
Boss: Sans x2
Urbosa x1
[Rerate] Steve? x1

Concept: Stages outside the Fighter Pass crosses 150 noms.

Dark Matter and 9-Volt pass the 50 nomination mark.

WaddleMatt WaddleMatt Arle isn’t on the schedule. I’ll separate the top 7 around day 229 (Merric), and they will only be locked into the schedule 2 days before the current schedule ends.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace

Regardless, if that’s the case, I don’t think Smash is the place to start shilling their next face. Mostly out of respect for Heihachi’s VA, it’s too soon.
Yeah that's about what I was thinking as well. However...
I know I'm not GoodGrief but it's sort of a two-pronged issue.

Heihachi has historically been the villain of the franchise. The face and villain both, so the question is, who exactly would you start to push as the new face? Jin, in the new hero role, was big in 6 but cooled down in 7. Jin's moveset was in Soulcalibur V but not Jin himself. Kazuya has legacy and fills the villain role well, but does that really warrant his inclusion in crossovers as the new face? I'd say both Jin and Kazuya are contenders to the throne (appropriate considering their role in-story as descendants of Heihachi) and that makes it tough.

Heihachi in Smash is also a legacy nod, which is good. It could be a final farewell IF they really are retiring the character after 7.

You also have a ton of wild cards in characters that are super popular or notable in Tekken anyway. Law, Anna, Nina, King, Lars, Alisa, Lee, and many more. Alisa and Xiaoyu got a movie focused on them, for crying out loud. So with the de facto "rep" potentially off the table, who do you pick? It all depends on how the series develops from here and that's something we just don't know yet. For all we know they'll pull a Guilty Gear and bring back Heihachi but possessed as a way to keep the character existent while also retiring his original form. Or Heihachi just shows up again without explanation. We just don't know.

It's mostly a case of there not being an obvious choice outside of Heihachi yet, I think.
...I could see the idea of this being his final send off and nod of legacy as well, so I guess I could see it go both ways.

Personally I'm still guessing he won't get in but I guess we'll see.

I’ll separate the top 7 around day 229 (Merric), and they will only be locked into the schedule 2 days before the current schedule ends.
So if your nomination isn't in the top 7 (fat chance lol) what happens then? Do they carry over?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yeah that's about what I was thinking as well. However...

...I could see the idea of this being his final send off and nod of legacy as well, so I guess I could see it go both ways.

Personally I'm still guessing he won't get in but I guess we'll see.

So if your nomination isn't in the top 7 (fat chance lol) what happens then? Do they carry over?
Oh yeah, you only joined up recently.

When the fixed schedule runs out, I take the top 7 and make them into the new schedule. The next week, I take the top 7 at that point, and so on. So yeah, nominations carry over between weeks.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
F
His VA has sadly passed away and he cameos in Pac-Man's taunt. Since I don't see the point of doing that if they were planning to make him playable, I think it's basically an implied deconfirm.

Want: Abstain

Leon: 38.43%
Jill: 26.89%
Hollow Knight x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Abstaining completely on Heihachi. Considering Tekken's ever-increasing popularity, the Pac-Man taunt, and how the left/right limb system would be implemented into Smash, I'm not sure what to make of his chances. The only thing I will say is that I don't think Pac-Man's taunt completely kills his chances.

Leon S. Kennedy chance prediction: 29.57%
Jill Valentine chance prediction: 27.11%

Nominations:
Concept: SNK rep x5

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Heihachi:
Chance: 10%-Real-life tragedies are horrible, no lie about that. But a taunt? Yeah, that's honestly overdoing it, it's just an 8-bit rendition of the character, that's all; not an assist nor a Mii costume, just a small easter-egg. And even if they did, people seem to be really sleeping on Tekken as a whole, it's one of Namco's flagship franchises for crying out loud! Moveset is a problem? Same happened with different characters in Smash, but they are here now because Sakurai revisited them and got around their issues.
Want: 90%-Still one of my most wanted. While I'd be fine with any of the three Mishimas, Heihachi's got that "cool old man" vibe that you don't see often in games, not to mention, it'd be funny if we got another Street Fighter X Tekken crossover before Tekken X Street Fighter even appears in news again.
Nominations: All-guests passx5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Heihachi

Chance: 15%

Ironically I'm going to be more lenient here compared to some others with my score despite me not wanting him. Alright.

-It seemed like he would the main front runner of the 2nd Namco Rep. Unfortunately things aren't going his way anymore.
-He was considered for 4, but that was Base but Sakurai had trouble making his moveset based on Tekken. While he did change his mind for Villager and Ridley, they were simpler to find a work around with.
-His VA died. In Japanese VA culture, a character who's VA died is treated like the character dying as well. While this has happened to Heihachi before. What's different is that Heihachi was an old man with his first VA. But when he died, his replacement VA was voicing his younger self. So it might as well be voicing a different character. He's not coming back to Tekken now unless they do Kid Heihachi or something.
-He's part of Pac-Man's taunt. While this may not seem like much. There's another certain Namco franchise that had something in 4. But it doesn't anymore. If it didn't mean much, then that franchise would have been in the taunt too.

-But there is that chance he could be added and used recycled voice clips, but it's not that likely.

Want: 20%

-Not a fan of him.
-Personally I'd prefer another Tekken character like King or Kazuya.

Leon Prediction: 46.66%.
Jill Prediction: 27.88%.

I genuinely think Leon Kennedy is in, with Jill as the runner up. Either way, Resident Evil in my opinon is happening.

Nominate All DLC is 3rd Party x5

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Heihachi

Chance: 20 - I really think being a part of PacMans taunt might spell doom for him. I'm not sure they would add that if he was planned to be DLC for the game. still keeping some chance on him because I think he's still the most obvious choice for the game, but it's not looking as good as before

Want: 80 - He'd be a really cool character to have in the game. Getting a major character from Tekken or Mortal Kombat in smash would be something I'd really like to see, and Tekken is way more likely than MK is

Noms:
Gen 8 Pokemon x5

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Tekken Dude
Chance: 0%: His VA died. and he is in PAC-MAN's taunt.
Want: 0%: Tekken doesn't interest me. I would prefer Lloyd tbh.
Nominations:Hollow Knight x 5
YES, Hollow Knight might make it in!

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Abstaining on Heihachi. I don't know anything about Tekken whatsoever, so I have no idea on what his chances reasonably could be. His want score though? Big fat zero.

Predictions: Leon gets a 5%, and Jill gets a 1%. If Chris was there as well, I feel like he'd have the higher chances, since he seems to be overall more relevant to the RE games, from what I've heard. Either way, I do feel like a Capcom rep is happening, but Resident Evil still has to fight with the other potential Capcom reps for a spot, so it's chances of being repped in Smash are relatively low IMO.

Nominations: Reimu x5

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Heihachi

Chance - 5% - A dead voice actor tends to be pretty bad for a character. Combine with Sakurai admitting that he struggled to make a move set, and I don't think he is in good standing.

Want - 20% - I don't like the concept of Fighting Game characters in Smash. If they're going to be like Ryu and try to squeeze out more moves and have special inputs, I don't want them in.

Predictions

Leon - 2.5% - Not likely...

Jill - 1.35% - Even less likely...

Nominations

Dark Matter X5

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Heihachi

Like everyone said, with his actor dead and being part of Pac-Man's taunt kinda kills his chances. Not to mention, I think Sakurai still have some difficulties implementing his move into Smash, but then again, they were able to create a moveset out of Piranha Plant so who knows, I guess. Besides, he still has some competition with Lloyd as the second Namco rep. If not Heihachi, then Jin is the second most likely Tekken rep we have.

I like Tekken and all, but I don't think we're getting one in Smash this time around. Besides, I would rather have Lloyd or Jin (if they do go for a Tekken rep) over Heihachi as our second Namco rep.

Nominations:
Nero Claudius x5

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Heh, hachi.

Chance: 4%. If he was to be in, I doub't he'd be in Pac-Man's taunt. His VA also died, but hw would've been selected beforehand so that doesn't effect much.

Want: Abstain.

Nos: Grovyle x5

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Heihachi

I don't think the taunt completely disconfirms him, but it makes him less likely. More than that, though, I just don't see many reasons why NoJ would go get Heihachi from Namco over Lloyd.

Not a fan of Tekken. Also, his association with Nintendo is a bit limited; even though Tekken has been on Nintendo consoles before, it's more well known for its appearances on other platforms. Plus I'd rather have Lloyd from Namco.

Noms: Andy x5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Another thing to note though - I'm having trouble seeing how Sakurai can come up with a moveset for a literal potted plant, but not be able to make a moveset from a different fighting game (where said moveset exists in its entirety) into Smash. I think there must be some translation error there, because anyone would be able to look at his kit from Tekken and say "well, there it is for Smash." I guess a lot of it has to do with Tekken/Soul Calibur using a 3d arena instead, but I still think that translating something that exists wouldn't be too difficult. I wonder if there's a translation error in that quote everyone likes to reference.

Nom: More DLC x5
The way I understand it, it isn't that there isn't potential for a moveset but rather potential for a moveset that is fun, unique and captures the essence of the character. Tekken seems like a pretty straightforward fighting game where the combatants pretty much kick, punch and grab each other with very little else (aside from a few exceptions). It's really nothing we haven't seen mashed into everyone's movesets so far, however, most of the current cast have other abilities or some noteworthy gimmick that lets them stand out. I'm guessing Sakurai just couldn't see anything that would be true to Heihachi, or Tekken in general, that wouldn't be just generic karate moves.

Anyway...

Heihachi

Chance: 30%
I don't really buy into the "actor is dead so the character must cease" notion, otherwise we'll end up seeing a lot of beloved franchises and characters just end arbitrarily (which would be bad for the business since those beloved properties are what make them money). Imagine if Martinet passed and Nintendo shuttered it's flagship, that would just be insanity. Plus, in Smash, it isn't like Snake's codecs didn't return after Cambell's Japanese VA passed away years ago, and Incineroar got in and is still in despite its actor recurrently passing as well.

With that said, Heihachi's chance is still pretty meh. Sakurai said he tried to come up with a way to make him a Smash fighter and just couldn't do so, which I believe would make him a lower priority overall.

Want: 2%
He's pretty bland when compared to everything in Smash already. Ryu and Ken already cover both the martial artist and traditional fighting game adaptation pretty well already, so there's nothing I could see Heihachi bringing that would be worth mentioning.

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
Heihachi

Chance-5%

I dunno, man... I feel being in Pac-Man's taunt and the actor is dead thing is something but also the fact he has those things going against him, and the fact that Tekken also has Jin to use for rep. Not to mention Namco as a whole having 2B, Klonoa, or another rep. I do see Namco going with a Tekken character, but it'd honestly be Jin if anyone.

Want-5%

Funny haircut... Literally never seen him until I looked him up five seconds ago.

Troykv

Smash Master
The evil with the devil's hair

Heihaichi's main strenghts are obviously quite important, he's iconic, relevant, quite popular, and represent a well known series from one of the best known Companies in the World (Bandai Namco); Heihaichi's problems come with other stuff however, which includes confirmed problems to translate a faithful but fun moveset of the Old Man in Smash. Another thing that would affect him, specially because it happened not so recently, Heihaichi's seiyuu is literally dead now; which as many have already explained, it can be quite problematic as well.

Want: 50%

I don't have a particular desire for the character; but I would like to see how Sakurai would solve this challenge.

_____

Predictions:

Leon Kennedy: 23.5%
Jill: 11.7%

Nominations:

Reimu Hakurei x5

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 So did my noms from Jibanyan's day not count? I thought there was some sort of grace period for posting a few minutes after the day ends.
Eh, whatever.

Guy From The Series That's About To Get Outsold By Smash
Didn't realize he was added to the Namco Roulette, that definitely hurts his chances a bit. But then again, our first DLC character is literally a stage hazard, so who knows.
Want: N/A

Leon prediction: 10%
Jill prediction: 3%
Noms: Stages outside Fighter Pass x5

Not to mention Namco as a whole having 2B
I thought that was a Square character.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 So did my noms from Jibanyan's day not count? I thought there was some sort of grace period for posting a few minutes after the day ends.
Eh, whatever.

Guy From The Series That's About To Get Outsold By Smash
Didn't realize he was added to the Namco Roulette, that definitely hurts his chances a bit. But then again, our first DLC character is literally a stage hazard, so who knows.
Want: N/A

Leon prediction: 10%
Jill prediction: 3%
Noms: Stages outside Fighter Pass x5

I thought that was a Square character.
Just checked, and yeah, they do. Sorry. I’ll add them to tomorrow’s.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

Let's just say Tekken 7's story was a VERY huge indicator of that course and leave it there.

D

Deleted member

Heihachi

His actor passed away and he’s a pac man taunt funny that there is no tales sprites in pac man because that’s a huge franchise in namco

Looks bland to me if there were another fighting game character I would take Scorpion over him plus :ultryu:and:ultken: covers the martial arts portion

Noms: I don’t know how this works I’ve never done this before. help

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
You put 5 nominations for a character. If a char receives enough noms they get a day to rate them.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Heihachi

His actor passed away and he’s a pac man taunt funny that there is no tales sprites in pac man because that’s a huge franchise in namco

Looks bland to me if there were another fighting game character I would take Scorpion over him plus :ultryu:and:ultken: covers the martial arts portion

Noms: I don’t know how this works I’ve never done this before. help
For nominations, you just choose a videogame character or concept you want rated and give them 5 nominations. If they aren’t already on the schedule, they get added on a list where the highest become part of the schedule. You can split the 5 nominations between several characters/concepts.

Although, for any nomination to be counted, you have to give at least two sentences of reasoning per score (so, four per character).

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Abstaining. But given the variety that Joker suggests so far, I'm not convinced we'll see someone from a more traditional fighting game getting into the DLC.

Predictions
Leon: 30%
Jill: 25%

Nominations
Frisk x5

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Heihachi

Chance: 0%
Pac Man's taunt and the VA, as everyone on the planet is saying. There's also Sakurai saying it'd be too difficult to translate a moveset for Smash. Tekken is inherently 3D. If Heihachi made it in, it wouldn't be true to his character at all. There's no way it could be.

Nothing against the character. In fact, him getting in would be cool, since my friend really likes Tekken and I know it'd make her happy, at least. I just don't like the idea of shoehorning in a character that doesn't belong when his character can't be faithfully recreated in Smash. Sakurai can do a lot, but not everything.

Nominating Rhythm Girl x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Heihachi

Abstain

X5 sephiroth

Today we are going back to Capcom with Resident Evil. One one hand we have Leon S. Kennedy, on the other Jill Valentine. Both are some of the main protagonists of the series. Rate them for Chance and want.

Tomorrow we have concept: alternative costumes as dlc, predict that.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Leon S. Kennedy
Chance: 40%
I feel like Leon's name has been coming up since Brawl and still hasn't happened so I'm not feeling terribly confident he will show up now. That said if the DLC is going to end up all 3rd party he might have a shot as one of the 5 more popular 3rd party names.
Want: 45%
I loved RE4 and was one of those people pushing for him back in Brawl. That said I haven't played a RE game since 5 and I feel like there are others I would rather see now.

Jill Valentine
Chance: 20%
I think while Jill might be more of the face of the series as a whole, Leon and RE4 are so closely tied to Nintendo fans that she wouldn't make it in over him. But if Capcom decides they want her over Leon I don't know if I see Nintendo complaining about that.
Want: 40%
I've never played RE1 or 2 but I think she showed up in RE5 and was cool so I have no issues with her getting in over Leon. While Leon might be too close to Snake I wonder if Jill would be too close to ZSS.

Prediction: concept: alternative costumes as dlc 11%
I really don't see this as very likely at all and know I will be rating it very low lol

Nomination: Ravio x5

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
The Gangster Dude (cause he has a costume in RE4 that is a gangster)
Chance:50%: Honestly, for another Capcom rep he or Phoenix are our candidates . RE4 released on GameCube and Wii, so he does have history.
Want:50%:
sounds cool. I would love to have a gun char. I would prefer Courier tho.
a Jill Sandwich:
Chance: 30%: She is our second RE rep after Leon. But she probably won't happen.
Want: 70%: Give me the Jill Sandwich line. Plus RE1 is great.
Nominations:
Hollow Knight x 5

Last edited:
Top Bottom