• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Marx

Chance: 3%

Star Allies probably wasn't even a thing yet by the time the roster was made, let alone the DLC. Even if it was, that would just help Bandana Dee more so than Marx. Dee also stomps him in popularity as he has more merch, appears in more games and has ballot popularity on his side. Where as the jester just very recently made his comeback.

Heck! I just realised potential Sakurai bias wouldn't even really be in Marx's favor, because just like Dee Marx is a classic Sakurai-created Kirby character who debuted in Super Star and made a comeback in a modern Kirby game. They're in the same boat, so Sakurai's modern Kirby bias (if that even exists) shouldn't even be a factor in their competition.

It's really not a competition however, BD just was fortunate enough to be receive a playable role 7 years earlier. Maybe he'd have a shot at Smash DLC but i'm not sure Marx hype will stick around for long enough.

Want: 0%

I just want to see Bandana Dee first. If Dee gets confirmed, than that want score for the jester will rise, but right now... no.

Predictions for girl Marth: 56.86%

Nominations: Hades x5

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Marx

Chance: 20%
Honestly, the timing of Star Allies leads me to believe that there isn't much hope for the guy. If it had come out a year earlier and Sakurai knew about the character's inclusion as DLC, I may have felt differently.

Want: 50%
Not really who I wanted, but he's an okay dude, I guess. Honestly, there aren't many Kirby characters I'd genuinely be upset with.

Lucina prediction: 52.6%

Nominations: Mipha x5

Marx
No shot for base game. As much as people are suddenly hyping him up because of the Star Allies appearance his last major appearance was the DS era. Not 3DS. DS. For the Super Star remake. There is basically no chance he would be on Sakurai's radar for any reason. At least Magalor got a trophy.

For base game, Marx is a barely more than a one-off villain with nothing else to his name. For DLC. . .ehh. Being free DLC as an optional character honestly isn't the biggest deal. You don't see many people hyping up Rick who is in the exact same situation. Maybe Sakurai would be inspired. But for base game he has no reason to get in. At all. People are just hyping him up because of recency bias even though it's way too late.

Noms
Elma x5
:061:

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
...Some Weird Jester...Thing...?

Chance: 5%
Want: 0%

Kirby's one of those series that has an obvious 'next in line' in BDee. It's not like Sakurai has never jumped over characters before (Chrom), but it's pretty unlikely.

But on the whole, Kirby released seem to go basically unannounced. I really have no idea of all of the Kirby games; it almost feels like Nintendo doesn't really hype the series that much - maybe it's a regional thing. Every Nintendo Direct will fawn over Fire Emblem or Pokémon, you get entire directs focused on Zelda or Mario games (not that that's getting Zelda proper representation in Smash as big of a series as it is...), but Kirby games just kind of spring up wherever. I feel like Kirby and DK should have similar importance in Smash - both slightly region-focused, games not really promoed to the extent of other series, and a similar number of games in general. Because of that, Kirby actually seems to be well-represented as it is.

But that's just my opinion. I'm focused on how Zelda/DK/Metroid are poorly represented based on their importance, so a series that oversaturated Brawl to a minor extent will feel adequate. (And a series which is such an obvious love letter in Sm4sh based on only a single game to the detriment of basically anything else will most definitely turn me against Kid Icarus for good).

Lucina Prediction: 42.4%
Nom: Skyrim representation x5

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Marx

Chance 25%
Want 0%

I think he’s got a chance, but not a big one. I’d rate Waddle Dee higher I guess. I don’t really care for Kirby characters.

Cranky x2
Kamek x3

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
Marx

Chance: 7%
He has competition with Bandanna Dee who is much more likley. Maybe if they do both but thats not very likley either.

Want: 30%
I think he might be fun.

Nominations: Hades x5

D

Deleted member

(First time doing this)
Marx:
Chance- 10%
Being Star Allies Dlc dosent really help Marx as i feel that the dream friends idea may have happened late in development and Marx and the others were concieved after this odea came to be, might also be too late for him to be in the roster, also not alot of people wanted him pre star allies, so...
Want-27%
He seems cool, but i want some priority with the kirby franchise. His biggest competition is Bandanna Waddle Dee, so i dont see him getting in over Bandanna dee.

Prediction Lucina: 58.7%
Noms:
Tethu x 3
Lana x2

Zeox

Smash Champion
Honestly I don't get why everyone thinks Bandana dee have more chances than any other kirby character... that's like saying that Waluigi and Daisy have no chances because Toad would be a bigger mario character priority since he is always that 4th player.
Unless Sakurai already had interest in Bandana dee and I missed when he said it... that's also a possibility.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Marx

Chance: 10% - And that's being generous. If we're getting any Kirby newcomers, we're most likely going to get Bandanna Dee due to the ballot. Only way I see Marx getting in is if Sakurai acknowledges the want for a new Kirby character, but for one reason or another, decides against Bandanna Dee. Otherwise, his most recent appearance helps, but I don't think that'll be enough.

Want: 5% - Wouldn't hate him, but there's plenty of characters I'd rather see.

Nominations: New Story Mode x5

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Marx

Chance: 15%
If we get more than one nyu Kirby character, I could see him having an nyalright chance nya. I can't picture him getting in before Bandanna Dee nya.

Want: 80%
Nyanother little ball of death, I want him nya!

Nyominations
Isabelle: x5

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Marx

Chance: 36%
Marx has a couple of things going for him. For a start, he's a memorable one-shot villain from a franchise that doesn't actually have that many viable one-shot villain candidates; attention and support pools between him, Dark Matter, and Magolor, and he's the clear eldest of the three. Having a surprise reappearance in Kirby Star Allies is another plus, as it shows that HAL hasn't forgotten about him, and it even double-plusses by giving him a more grounded moveset to work with as opposed to his overly-powerful boss set. Still, the Star Allies inclusion comes late in Smash's schedule, and Marx has still been a relative no-show for most of Kirby's lifespan.

But Marx has the one important trump card: Being A Sakurai Character. Even Bandana Dee doesn't have this, distinguishing himself from other Waddle Dees only long after the man had left the HAL building. Kirby Super Star is one of the few Kirby games directed by Sakurai himself, and it's pretty clear that he still remembers Kirby Super Star well (if Tabuu's influences, the Halberd's makeover, and the selection of the Great Cave Offensive as a stage wasn't indication enough). If Sakurai feels like Smash needs another Kirby character to celebrate its long history, Marx is definitely within the pool of candidates.

Still, Kirby was able to form a long and notable history even without his creator. Old Sak' may want to bring focus to his brainchild's independence instead, through someone such as Bandana Dee or another later character, if he ever decides to add another Kirby representative. Marx would be an easy choice in any circumstance, but he'd also be a focus on an era that Kirby's already grown past.

Want: 14%
I'm not fond of one-shot characters getting into Smash, and Marx isn't an exception. He might be fun to play if he were playable, sure, but I don't like this precedent where enough popularity can make otherwise-negligible characters into playable ones. Kid Icarus was enough, and I'd honestly like to see them learn not to do that again.

Prediction:
Lucina: 41%

Nominations:
Papyrus (Undertale) x10

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Marx

Chance- 35%
Want- 75%

Very unlikely but has a better move kit than most Kirby characters.

Nominations- Ryu Hayabusa x5

D

Deleted member

Marx

Want: 15%

Gonna make it short for this one, but I don't feel the Kirby series needs a 4th rep, especially one who is hardly recurrent.

Noms:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

:4lucina: prediction: 52.13%

Megaban

Smash Cadet
MARX
Chance -15%

Like, he's unlikely, but imo 3rd most possible new Kirby rep after Bandana and possibly Galacta Knight (which could easily be semi/quarter clone). He does have some things to use, but I think if Kirby DOES get a new rep, Bandana Dee is most likely and I wouldn't count on 2 new Kirby reps. Not impossible tho.

Want -33%
Again, the thing is, Bandana Dee exists. Like my 3rd most wanted character. So while I wouldn't rly mind Marx, there's another Kirby rep I'm supporting way more.

Nomination: Lana x5 (so close!)

Prediction: Lucina -43%

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Marx
Chance: 5%
Star Allies isn’t gonna make a difference; The base game probably wasn’t early enough to get any content besides ported-over music in Smash 5; much less any DLC. Marx is a one-off final boss with some recurring popularity, which is completely overshadowed by the Dee Brigade. Even Dark Matter is more likely, becuase at lest that’s a recurring enemy.

Want: 70%
..But come on, HE’S SO CUTE!
LOOK AT HIM ROLL AROUND ON THAT BEACH BALL!

LOOK AT THE JESTER HAT! LOOK AT THE BOWTIE!!

DOES BANDANA DEE HAVE SPARKLY RAINBOW WINGS AND THE DEVIL’S OWN SCREECH? HELL NO HE DOESN’T!
Conclusion: **** Bandana Dee, Marx for our next Kirby rep. :p

(Obviously I’m being tounge-in-cheek, don’t dogpile me Dee Brigade)

Noms:
Henry Flemingx5

Last edited:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Marx

Chances: 50%
My man, Marx! I'd have to place his chances pretty damn high right now. He's a fan favorite, one of the most memorable villains in Kirby, and the one that has set precedence all over the Kirby series. Hell, he's the most references and borrowed from boss in the entire series. Even smash couldn't help but copy him. He's been playable now with Star Allies, which is a bit of a grey spot, as we don't really know when Marx had begun implementation into the game, but my bet is on his development starting fairly early on in the process of making Star Allies, but had to be pushed way back to prioritize getting the main game finished to bump up the release date. He's got INSANE moveset potential, allowing him to be an extremely unique character, I'd argue more than any other possible Kirby newcomer. He also has one extremely sharp edge compared to all of his competition, especially towards Bandanna Waddle Dee, he's Sakurai's baby. Sakurai's baby from Kirby Superstar no less. We all know he has a bias toward his specific kirby games, and the only real character to work in his mind would be Marx. He's also more than just a one-shot villain due to his lasting effect on the series as a whole.

Want: 100%
He is my number one most wanted character in smash. I've been wanting him to be playable for ages, but Star Allies just reinvigorated me beyond belief.

Nomination: Fawful x5

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Marx:

The positives for his inclusion were all fairly irrelevant during the time this game was in development. Throughout the ballot his name was hardly mentioned with the Kirby fanbase rallying for Bandana Dee. Star Allies, particulwrly the time Marx was added, comes too late. He is not Sonic-worthy to be added far into development, especially when his popularity boost has no data.

Want: 20%
Largely indifferent.

Lucina prediction: 63.4%

Noms: Blue Bowser x5

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Marx

Chance: 2%

I feel his chances are about the same as Pauline since they're both in a similar situation.

Want: 15%

He has some potentially interesting moves, and that's about it.

Nominations: Lip x5

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Marx

Aside from Bandana Dee and maybe Galacta Knight, he has the best chance for a Kirby newcomer.

I don't really care.

Lucina prediction: 20%

Nominations:
Travis Touchdown x2
Funky Kong x3

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Marx

He is one of the most iconic Kirby villains, and his appearance in Star Allies has recently boosted his relevancy. However, I can't help but feel that inclusion might've been too late, if the roster was decided back in 2016 that is. He even has to face competition with other popular Kirby candidates like Bandana Dee, Galacta Knight, Susie, Dark Matter, and so on.

Want: 30%

His inclusion in Star Allies elevated some interest in seeing the character in Smash, but I've got other Kirby characters I'd rather see instead.

------

Predictions

Lucina (Fire Emblem): 54.76%

Very popular FE character, but the circumstances behind her clone status in Smash 4 might mean that she'll be reduced to an alternate costume for Smash Switch.

------

Nominations

Leo (Fire Emblem Fates): x5

D

Deleted member

Honestly I don't get why everyone thinks Bandana dee have more chances than any other kirby character... that's like saying that Waluigi and Daisy have no chances because Toad would be a bigger mario character priority since he is always that 4th player.
Unless Sakurai already had interest in Bandana dee and I missed when he said it... that's also a possibility.
Probably because
  1. Marx is a one-shot character that only made his so called "grand return" until recently, though it was purely for fanservice and he's probably not coming back
  2. Marx was rarely ever brought up before Star Allies
  3. Bandana Dee isn't JUST the 4th playable character. He's one of the most prominent characters in the franchise these days
  4. And finally, Bandana Dee has been consistently demanded ever since his breakout in RttDL
Anyway, time to rate the communist jester. I'll make this quick

Basically what people already said.
You don't see many people hyping up Rick who is in the exact same situation.
ESPECIALLY THIS. Marx isn't getting any special treatment, aside from Sakurai's "bias" that's most certainly blown out of proportions.

Want: 50%
My 2nd choice for a Kirby newcomer. Didn't realize I wanted him so much until his "grand return", but Star Allies' take on his moveset made me realize that he's actually feasible. I love the Kirby series so the more characters the better.
However, I cannot deny that I will be extremely bitter if he makes it in while Bandana Dee (My obvious preference) gets shafted because that would just prove that Sakurai is a huge hypocrite.
I also don't like how it's suddenly cool to hate on Bandana Dee because muh marx.
And honestly, while he's currently the frontrunner for my 2nd Kirby newcomer choice, he's competing with Susie and Gooey who I actually prefer in their home series (I didn't even like Marx until he, along with the Karl Marx jokes, became relevant again) and are almost as, if not just as unique as Marx is. I'd rather have Bandana Dee over all of these anyway, they're all just extras.

Susie x5

Back to my hiatus I go.

slambros

Smash Ace
Marx

Marx is pretty iconic and he's also gaines a bit of popularity thanks to Star Allies.

Want: 25%
Bandana Dee needs to be first. Plus, Marx actually scares me a little...

Prediction for Lucina:
26.44%

Nominations:
Elma x3
Henry Fleming x1
Lana x1

:171:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Marx
chacne 35%
I think kirby will get a new rep and would love to see him he is iconic and a interesting design but not many poeple who know who he is unless they have played kirby

want 100%
would be awesome to have

Zeox

Smash Champion
Probably because
  1. Marx is a one-shot character that only made his so called "grand return" until recently, though it was purely for fanservice and he's probably not coming back
  2. Marx was rarely ever brought up before Star Allies
  3. Bandana Dee isn't JUST the 4th playable character. He's one of the most prominent characters in the franchise these days
  4. And finally, Bandana Dee has been consistently demanded ever since his breakout in RttDL
Anyway, time to rate the communist jester. I'll make this quick
But he was referenced all the time in all of the recent kirby games, in some ways or others (check Marx's wiki page in Kirby wiki in case you are curious), he wasn't forgotten in time like Nightmare or Dark Nebula, and the devs never forget him, that's probably why he is the first villain since dedede to become playable.
Also, Marx would be a good way to promote Kirby star allies, seeing how hyped people got with him.
But this is just an opinion and nothing I say is relevant, Sakurai already choose and, even if I want to lie to myself, I think you are right, Bandana dee have a bigger chance right now.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Marx
Chance : 10%
Bandana Dee just has the priority for the potential 4th Kirby rep those days.

Want : 80%
I'd rather have Marx howewer. Keep the good work and hopefully become the 5th Kirby rep someday, I guess.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Marx chances: 4%
Seems popular, especially after his playable appearance in the last Kirby game, but I feel like his demand is coming too late.

Marx want: 12%
I literally had no idea of this guy's existence prior to the last Nintendo Direct. At least he has a nice design.

Lucina prediction: 63.25%

Nominating:
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x3
Playable newcomer: Mimikyu x2

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Marx
Chance - 15%
Not out of question but not likely. Lack of arms may be trouble.
Want - 40%
Closest thing to a Goomba that I could get. Lemmy does the whole ball rider thing better though.

Nominations - 5x Greninja

StormC

Smash Hero
Chance: 5%. Star Allies is basically a non-factor and Bandana Dee overwhelms him in popularity. His only chance is if Bandana Dee is in the base game and Sakurai looks to bring him in as DLC, which is still pretty low. Still, he's gotten pretty popular since he was revealed in Star Allies, and if he continues to make appearances in Kirby games, he could be a solid contender for Smash 6.

Want: 50%. Bandana Dee deserves it more, arguably even so does Dark Matter, but Marx would be a cool fighter. I'd find it hypocritical of Sakurai to add Marx at this point considering the other characters he's passed over, though.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Marx
Chance - 5%
I feel like I'm being generous on this one. If we get a new Kirby rep it will begrudgingly be Bandana Dee, and his decision to be in Star Allies was probably made way after they started development on Smash so that wouldn't factor into his chances. If anything it'd be cool to see him as a boss in a story mode.
Want - 100%
3rd most wanted character from me, and beating him as a kid is one of my best gaming memories.

StormC

Smash Hero
Ignoring the fact that Bandana Dee has been in way more games, I doubt more than 50 people tops voted for Marx in the ballot.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Marx
He's one of the several one shots in the series. He hasn't made another major appearance until Star allies which was dlc. The project plan was most likely made in 2016 so it is unlikely for his star allies appearance to mean much. Then there is of course competition. I feel like his biggest obstacles are Bandana Dee and Magolor. Both of them having major reoccuring roles.

I feel like not even DLC is going to help that much. We have no idea how many dlc character Sakurai will add so there could be tight competition. Also Magolor should eventually get into star allies as a dream friend so that would also support him as dlc so that would also be internal competiton within his own series.

This is tricky for me. Since he is cool. It's just, I don't want him before someone like Bandana Dee or Magolor.

Nominations: Veronica (Fire Emblem) x5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Marx: 40%
Now hear me out before you all go "nyeeeeh" at me. There's a few reasons why I think Marx should be rated this high.

1. I believe that Kirby is likely going to get two characters, since Japan LOOOVES kirby.
2. If there's any Kirby game that's going to get a one-off character into Smash, it's Kirby Super Star. Most of the smash content comes from that game, all the way back to Gourmet Race in Smash 64.
3. Marx is quite popular, even without Star Allies.
4. Marx would have a quite interesting moveset compared to other potential Kirby characters, such as Magolor or Gooey.

By the way, I don't think Kirby Star Allies would affect the base smash roster, but it could affect the DLC.

Want: 75%
While there's a Kirby villain I want more in Dark Matter, I do have to say I'd be pretty pumped for Marx as well.

Lucina prediction: 78.5%

Nominations:
Snip & Clip x5

Morbi

Scavenger
I have never given a zero percent score, ever, and I have always formatted my post; however, with something so utterly and egregious obvious, I am not sure why I should be held to a standard at which I should be bothered to even humor this thought.

0% Chance
100% Want

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Marx

Chance - 2% - I think Star Allies may have been too late to get much in. Honestly he feels eclipsed by Bandanna Dee even if he wasn't, and coming back for Kirby's equivalent to Hyrule Warriors and Sonic Generations doesn't seem like that accounts for much.

Want - 35% - Could be cool, but I'd prefer Bandanna Dee, and if I were to chose a final boss I think it would be either Dark Matter or Magolor.

Predictions

Lucina - 86.46% - Acknowledgement as a clone, but she's popular plus a no cuts sentiment.

Nominations

Arle Nadja X5

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Back-Stabbing Communist Grape With A **** Eating Grin

Chance- 5%
I doubt Star Allies was even in pre production by the time this roster was decided, let alone Marx DLC. A new Kirby character is fairly likely, but with high demand for a certain orange blob, were more likely to see him first. If the demand for Marx is both worldwide, remains consistent for a long time, he may be a prime choice for DLC. Even then, there are hundreds of one offs from Kirby, he just happens to be EXTREMELY popular in the Kirby fanbase (I see him as a Skull Kid of the Kirby games)

Want- 40%
I like Marx a lot. Cool villain, cool move potential, but he's my #3 Kirby newcomer behind Bandanna and Adeleine. I'd have no complaints if he got in, though.

Lucina- 68.44%

Thwomp X 3
Banjo Kazooie X 2

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Marx
Chance and want: abstain
I'm unfamiliar with this character. He seems like he would be an ok fit, but he doesn't seem that big outside of these boards... I'm not convinced he's the best candidate for a Kirby newcomer but I don't have any strong feelings either way.

Lucina prediction: 58.76%
Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex), Elma, Mipha, Impa, Neku

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Want - 85%: More villains is good, and Marx has a realistic chance of happening. More importantly, he keeps Bandana Goomba out of the roster. He has a lot of varied abilities and a fun boss battle that could easily be interpreted to Smash, even if he isn't as amusing as a character as Haltmann or Hyness.

Chance - 20%: Marx is from the sacred Sakurai game that is the only old game Sakurai ever acknowledges, Super Star. The chance is higher than zero, and Sakurai may opt for Marx just because Bandana Goomba is so boring.

Predict Lucina 40%

Nominate Blue Bowser x5

StormC

Smash Hero
Marx
Chance and want: abstain
I'm unfamiliar with this character. He seems like he would be an ok fit, but he doesn't seem that big outside of these boards... I'm not convinced he's the best candidate for a Kirby newcomer but I don't have any strong feelings either way.

Lucina prediction: 58.76%
Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex), Elma, Mipha, Impa, Neku
Marx's support base is growing pretty steadily. I've seen a lot of support for him on /v/ and YouTube (A "Marx for Smash" comment on his Star Allies trailer has over 600 thumbs up). I think if he continues to maintain a presence in his franchise, the support will only keep growing.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Marx

Chances: 30%. I think he's actually more likely than some people think. Marx has Sakurai Bias in his pocket, as well as a recent return in Star Allies. Some people say that the other Dream Friends will detract from him, but looking forward, the only opponents are probably Adeline (A painter, already taken by Inkling) and Magalor (Pretty similar in terms of role to plot, Sakurai would probably pick his traitor over the other). Bandana Dee is a threat, but is probably getting in the base game, leaving the DLC fight to be between him and Dark Matter, so bring back the Sakurai Bias and playability factor and there we go.

Want: 100%. My most wanted character, and he has been since the Smash 4 era. Now that he actually has a shot I'm going to support him as much as possible. This is also the reason I DONT want Dumb Matter and most other Kirby Characters, because we're not getting 3 new Kirby characters and Bandana Dee is happening first (I have nothing against him BTW), so anything helping him getting in is good.

Nominations: Kamek x5

Top Bottom